Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• 11/12 GW is already good though. Maybe try to preload more teams or invest in teams that controls the opponent, EP Dakka RG QGJ Dooku are great for all the easy nodes as they stun or call a stunner/gain TM in basic. Droids are insane for all easy nodes and are a good sacrifice team.
  • Getting a bunch of those teams lately as well. Still completing GW everyday, but it's taking a lot more heroes and firepower each time.

Probably working as intended as other players improve and you as well. Better start working on zetas and counter heroes if you want to stay competitive.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    I lose 1-15 characters every GW.. and at beginning i went months without finishing it. Just stick with it, and dont expect to finsih it every time
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Palps (l), Vader, TFP (6*), Sun Fac, Deathtrooper (3*)

This team honestly does better at gw then my rebel team, which is my arena team, mainly because of the self healing and turn meter gain.

Palps is gear 10, vader is gear 9 (almost gear 10), TFP is gear 9, Sun Fac is gear 10, and deathtrooper is gear 8 with maxed abilities. The turm meter gain (other than sun fac) is ridiculous, and pretty much everyone on the team has self heal. Sun Fac can heal on two of his three abilities, deathtrooper can heal on a crit, vader and palps can heal on debuffs, and TFP gets forsight often enough that he don't really need to heal.

This team has so much potential, mainly with gearing, but also with deathtrooper to become farmable sometime in the near future.

my advice: gear up deathtrooper and max his abilities. He can make short work of tanks that are causing you trouble, daze/stun wiggs, and increase the cooldowns of enemies.
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I just quit a GW cause on the 11th node Daka instant ressed Palpatine 3 times in a row. Chances of that happening is 0.1%...

I'm sure I can win it as I haven't lost a character yet, but just got to change my tactics up.

And, what is with the lack of variety for the final node lately? I always seem to get various combos of Vader, and Palpatine + 3 tanks like STH, Fives, Shoretrooper, Sun Fac, and RG.
  • Any chance to beat this last node with what I have left? I wish I still had Ackbar, I get a ton of negative effects added on all my characters within the first few moves. I've been getting destroyed every combo I try, was wondering if anyone has any strategies I could try, thanks!

unnamed_1.png
    unnamed%201_1.png
  • Never mind, no chance... got down to Vader and Boba Fett and he keeps respawning, took down 4 teams.
  • At 6 weeks now, GW is still my favorite part. Arena is the same battles, war demands stadegy and planning. I still have yet to complete 3 in a row as I too have had brick wall node 12s. I am getting better. My arena team is now losing ground due to lack of ability upgrades as I have passed them around to get close to three synergized teams to beat the war. I am confident that in the next couple weeks I will beat the galactic war three or more times in a row. With ships, I feel losing 25-50 crystals daily is not as important as 1200 GW tokens and at least as many fleet tokens. I'm a new player, but I think arena is what early players did to get ahead, now I feel ships due to all this zeta talk I see is the future. It is just bad that I will be workin 3 times as many hours in a few weeks and won't have the time to devote to galactic war that I need to beat it.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Nice, I gave good advice for GW in another thread which was not combined here but seems to now exist in "Forum Trash". Got to love the modding...
  • This was a goal of mine after I seen the Kylo rework and zeta ability. Got his zeta last night and this morning attempted my best GW run yet. https://youtu.be/XKV5da1R4OU
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Nice, really looking forward to getting my Kylo geared + Zeta.
    Geez, he pretty much solo'd that 11th node, not sure what was up with your 12th node though, looked more like a first node...
  • Cool video! Kylo was a beast on node 11, but honorable mention to the ewok scout on node 12. Haha!
  • ROFL what was up with that node 12 team?
  • Haha yea, once the power of your top 5 toons is high enough (we believe it's a percentage of what the highest power in the game currently is) you get the easy last node. Wish I could attempt this without the easy 12 just to see how it goes!
  • meh
  • Needs to be a way to communicate between non guild members. We are too small for heroic guild events and want to merge with another guild but its a nightmare trying to find another guild that would fit well with us
  • Thanks for providing an excellent challenge with health restriction really teaches you to get your game on so it's really sharpening my fighting edge aswell as the ability to use different teams in the same type of fighting strategy
    Ok this is where I get creative can u three more nodes for the rest of my epic teams to battle only applicable to level 85 sets only (I am working on zeta collection as I have zero) but I might aswell ask now so by the time I have nearly got a zeta I will be able to enter but here's the catch they are AI teams only a faction of three teams that really stuff you into next week (loving it)
    This will also give you a platform to introduce the premade teams x5 you can engineer to enter the three stages with all normal gal war rules apply but they are AI teams x3 and you get to choose x5 squads to take into battle! Thanks for taking the time to read this awesome idea/s
    From Lavisicious
  • I've met yesterday on GW 11 a Wiggs team followed by ... a Wiggs team (Wedge lead) + Chaze and ShT. Double start taunt. And you know what, I could get rid of them using the Empire's power ! (in fact a mixed team).

EP (L) gr 10, DT gr 8 (protection was gone from previous battles, HP 13K), JKA gr 11, BF gr 10 and STHan gr 10. RG was gone also. DT is a Rebel killer mixed with EP lead for incredible TM gains, STHan for another TM gain and BF to kill Chirrut, it's an happiness. Deathmark's DT is incredibely powerfull against tanks (here I used it on Baze after executing Chirrut) and I needed 3 shots to get rid of him. DT dazed Biggs, Stuned and removed enemies Buffs.

All of that to say that everybody must try to get EP and gear him up, he's a must have in a roster to get rid of GW along with DT. FYI AI triies to one shoot JKA or BF first so I could keep alive DT after STHan's taunt.

https://swgoh.gg/u/bulywif/collection/
  • I apologize if this has been asked before, but do we know if the Galactic War difficulty is based off highest character level or overall character level?
  • Jimmysnuka wrote: »
    I apologize if this has been asked before, but do we know if the Galactic War difficulty is based off highest character level or overall character level?

There's some disagreement, but the two sides come down on it being either your top five characters in the roster or the top arena squad power that posted a win. I've seen posts claiming to confirm it either way.

It's been my experience that it's the top arena win (team with the highest power to win a match for you). I had pushed my top five past the 47k mark, but I didn't start getting the easy node 12 until I actually used them in arena.
  • Traybor wrote: »
    Jimmysnuka wrote: »
    I apologize if this has been asked before, but do we know if the Galactic War difficulty is based off highest character level or overall character level?
    It's been my experience that it's the top arena win (team with the highest power to win a match for you). I had pushed my top five past the 47k mark, but I didn't start getting the easy node 12 until I actually used them in arena.

My guild-listed arena power is 46909, but my top 5 is 47134. You're telling me that if I win an arena match with them, that will be enough for easy 12? I'm willing to try it, but I don't believe it.
  • Traybor
    96 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    My guild-listed arena power is 46909, but my top 5 is 47134. You're telling me that if I win an arena match with them, that will be enough for easy 12? I'm willing to try it, but I don't believe it.

There's probably another factor involved as well, it may depend on the shard, possibly the amount of time since the last time the power calculation changed (like when they tweaked it following mods), but some people report different levels when the easy node 12 appears. *shrug* All I can do is relate what I've seen. I first started getting an easy node 12 at around 46K power in the arena rating as reported in the Guild Manage screen. But something changed, not my characters as I hadn't altered any of them, but I stopped getting the easy node 12. I geared up some of my top five with another few pieces and still no easy node 12. I used them in arena till they won a match (my top five don't make the best arena team). And I ended up at around 46.8K power. From then on, I've always had an easy node 12, although I've geared them up further to just over 47K. I think I've seen a post of someone with over 48K and still not seeing an easy node 12, so who really knows?

See, at 46,909, I was definitely getting the easy node 12. So I don't know how far you need to raise yours to get there.
  • Traybor wrote: »

There's probably another factor involved as well, it may depend on the shard, possibly the amount of time since the last time the power calculation changed (like when they tweaked it following mods), but some people report different levels when the easy node 12 appears. *shrug* All I can do is relate what I've seen. I first started getting an easy node 12 at around 46K power in the arena rating as reported in the Guild Manage screen. But something changed, not my characters as I hadn't altered any of them, but I stopped getting the easy node 12. I geared up some of my top five with another few pieces and still no easy node 12. I used them in arena till they won a match (my top five don't make the best arena team). And I ended up at around 46.8K power. From then on, I've always had an easy node 12, although I've geared them up further to just over 47K. I think I've seen a post of someone with over 48K and still not seeing an easy node 12, so who really knows?

See, at 46,909, I was definitely getting the easy node 12. So I don't know how far you need to raise yours to get there.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was a system lag of a day or three between power increasing and the effects showing up in GW. But my guild-listed power has been 46909 for a while now. I'm not gearing up the top guys at the moment, so if I go another week and still no easy 12, I'll try as you suggest and see what happens. I know I'm close; my N12 is stacked with super tanks. Loaded Baze, Shore, Aayla, JKA today.
    BTW, Baze+Shore is a horribly ineffective combo. Given the choice, I would much rather hit Shore than deal with all the Baze counters.
  • Why do we not have Rebels Heros yet.....
  • yes i know these threads pop up every now and again, and no im not expecting to beat it all the time but i havnt even been close for over three weeks now.
    im ftp and as such dont have a great roster, here it is https://swgoh.gg/u/osamaclees/collection/
    so yeah i dont expect to beat it that often at all now im at end game but i would actually like a chance at beating it
    yeah i understand its supposed to be proper hard, but not impossible which it is now. im meeting zeta meta teams on node 6,9,11 and 12 and i barely even get to see whats on 12 as im out of options by 11 and very very rarely beat that now.
    today i met 2x zader meta teams on 6 and 11 and somehow managed to get to node 12 which was zQGJ L, zbarris, zvader (though not lead), Ep, and baze and this team was actually weaker than node 11! just dont have anything left and far faaaaaar too fast to whittle down with the scrubs as due to the speed and damage they do nobody else gets a turn

based on my collection this is not really very hard instead its pure impossible especially considering the teams i had to fight through to get there and the damage and loss sustained it is completely impossible there is not even a slim chance. yes i know you try and chip with your b teams etc but the real problem is the mods. these teams are stacked with double digit speed secondaries and none of my b teams actually even get a turn because of the ridiculous speeds, it doesnt matter how many toons i have to throw at them if they all have 240-260+ speed, hell even my boba never got a go and he has 2x lives!! on node 11 (zeta vader L, EP, STH, TFP, QGJ) their slowest toon was vader at 228 speed, my fastest QGJ isnt even at that with his leader boost!!

being that i dont have a single zeta ability (or even a single zeta mat nor anywhere near close unlocking the challenge) why am i meeting so many zeta teams? including on the lower nodes?
    but really the teams themselves are not the biggest problem its the mods. personally i think speed secondaries have already ruined the game, its nothing more than whos got the best speed secondaries now but in GW its even more exasperated because its multiple teams with a bank of double digit speed secondaries especially considering you are facing that players best arena squad not there **** or anything and they are fresh.
    id like to see the game check if you have zetas, if not then only node 12 can have a zeta team to face
    and most importantly (and to be honest the only real change i want) id like to see mods disabled for GW both yours and the enemy teams

just to reiterate i wanna say im not whining cause GW is hard and i cant beat it every day like i used to, im whining because its actually impossible (been over 3 weeks since ive actually beat it and i usually cannot get past node 11)
    yes i need a better collection with more depth but still i think i should still have a chance of beating it every now and again rather than absolutely no hope what so ever and even with a better roster and more depth that really isnt going to matter if im sooo outspeeded by enemy teams that they never get a go
  • your lucky, I have done it twice in 6 months, iam mid lvl 85 with 24 7 gear lvl 9/10 iam also ftp
  • Wampa wrote: »
    your lucky, I have done it twice in 6 months, iam mid lvl 85 with 24 7 gear lvl 9/10 iam also ftp

yeah i agree, but the last time i bet it was over 3 weeks ago, the time before that...................lol
  • I have spend more than $1500 on this game, I have spend at least few hour each day to build a roster of max level and geared aqua so, but GW seems just been tweet again for harder. It reall make me felt like to quit this torturous game.
  • Totally agree. Very rarely do I beat even the third node.