Star Level vs. Gear Level priority

Hey Everyone,

So I am about to be level 45 and am getting to the point where my main team is gear level 5 or 6 and i want to make sure I'm not holding myself back. Should i be spending energy on getting gear or should i be trying to get character shards to increase the Star level? Which do you feel is the priority and when should it change to the other?

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• I had read an article on SWGOHCantina that stated that gear rivals star upgrades so you should check out that article, here's a link....

How SWGOH Character Gear Compares with Star Promotions and Training
  • Thanks for the link!
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Gear gives more stats than star levels and are way easier to get. Focus mostly on that and pick 1 or 2 characters to farm shards for.
  • Buddhabone wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

So I am about to be level 45 and am getting to the point where my main team is gear level 5 or 6 and i want to make sure I'm not holding myself back. Should i be spending energy on getting gear or should i be trying to get character shards to increase the Star level? Which do you feel is the priority and when should it change to the other?

Thanks for any input!

Yeah stars give you like overall hp and armor stats but gear makes your character crit more and amount of dmg. Stars make your champ more tanky and speed, but if you're looking to get more dmg it's gear. Personally shards are **** and you should just do arena and stuff, I only just got my counseler up his first star recently. Granted I was shooting for dooku but yeah shards are literally a pain to get and the new shipments are such a rip off