February release notes

Replies

• Nice
  • Overall looks like a lot of really good changes / fixes! I really was hoping that characters you have maxed would simply be removed from packs / GW drops, etc - but the shard shop could make it not an issue as long as the exchange rate is decent. I might have missed it, but I was also hoping there would be a change where shipments would always reset every 6 hours - even if you are not online at the time :smile:
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Awesome job guys/gals. Everything looks great. I look forward to the changes.
  • "Stage 7 which requires seven Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars!"
    7 Jedi required for Stage 7? Surely it would be 5 characters max?
    Excited to see this mode ... and which character we'll get.

That was a typo, it's actually 5 Jedi at Stage 7, updated this in the notes.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    The gameplay and bug fixes look great! A better fix for Poe would have been to remove the turn meter reduction. Mace gets a buff!! I like that. No more free attacks from a heal for plasma led teams, not sure I like it but it makes sense. Thanks for all the hard work into making this game better!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Bongo wrote: »
    "Stage 7 which requires seven Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars!"

Guh. Yes. You're correct. It'll be 5 Jedi. Thanks for catching that!

We'll have to invite you to the next proof-reading session. ;)
  • Bongo wrote: »
    "Stage 7 which requires seven Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars!"

Maybe that's a typo? Or another long term character lime Vader. I'm interested in Mace anyway now so I'll farm him, and leave Poe at 5* for now...
  • Thanks for the heads-up on the update! Lots of great changes, and great communication this time around about the direction the game is headed.
  • Thank you Jesse for posting this.

I love the events idea awesome.

Love the changes to Arena.

Love the toon changes. You did not over nerf or Buff and you made Mace viable.

Love the ability to see more information.

All in all I have to say I really love this update. It looks great. My only downer is Jedi were made so non viable I left them alone so I won't 7 or 6* 5 by then. Not many I wager have 5, 7* Jedi. Still it is a cool event that will entice us to build Jedi up.

Love it. Nice job!!!!
  • Is there an official date for the update?
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    AWESOME!
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Thank you. Looks like some impressively cool stuff.
    But reducing Poe's tenacity really misses the point. You didn't change his speed, taunt or turn meter reduction, so he's still going to be on every high-end team. Disappointing.
    Oh, and Asajj is now basically ruined. :(

Saw this post coming from a mile away...
  • Sounds like a bomb change thank you EA
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Appreciate the changes, looking forward to how the game progresses!

Thanks guys.

Now just start giving us some character hints that don't require us to look at the game files and you would be perfect! :)
  • Awesome - looking forward!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    We'll have to invite you to the next proof-reading session. ;)

I PMed Jesse about this earlier. Part of what I do for a living is proof-reading. :)
    Some impressive new features here, John. But honestly, I see precious little balancing. Everyone is still going to be running the same cookie-cutter teams.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    If I have to be honest with myself - I like it all. Even the down tuning on some characters makes sense to me. I especially like the Windu changes and love the concept of the new character event. Good job guys.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Thank you. Looks like some impressively cool stuff.
    But reducing Poe's tenacity really misses the point. You didn't change his speed, taunt or turn meter reduction, so he's still going to be on every high-end team. Disappointing.
    Oh, and Asajj is now basically ruined. :(

Sadly
    I must agree, aasaj was far too slow to be much good before and now she can only self heal rather then heal the team so they are making her worse.............
  • Copy145
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Sorry to say this but you had one job. Fix poe. He is still fast and still steals turn meter which means the meta will be poe + 4 dps. I am not happy. Arena is to much rng.
    Oh thanks for the rest.....
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Stoked for the mace fix tho, excited to see his higehr damage, expose potential too. He just may be viable finally!!!!!!!!!
  • Asajj Ventress
    This update should serve to fix several of the factors (including a bug) that made Asajj's Strike Fear ability frequently unreliable or ineffective. Note that there is still a bug under investigation that can cause Dispel effects to fail to remove enemy buffs.
    Fixed a bug that caused Asajj's Strike Fear ability to heal all allies instead of just Asajj
    Healing effect altered to be 20~40% Max Health plus 3~9% per effect dispelled, from 3~7% per effect only
    Ability now Dispels all buffs at all ranks
    That's both good and bad. She is now no longer a healer at all, but at least dispel will work properly. Overall I'd say she deserved a buff anyway, so keeping the party heal would have been nice.

Any news on fixing the bug where she doesn't gain rampage when she delivers a killing blow?

Being able to see enemies' squad's in Arena scares the **** out of me. I may become a very easy target all of a sudden. I actually liked the randomness of not known what team you will be facing.

The Jedi event is absolutely amazing though. Probably my favourite part of the entire update.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Glad fotp has been fixed
  • Thanks, and nice to see an update. But as a heavy Ackbar user, I can't believe the issue with heal immunity is not being fixed in this update.
  • Glad to see much of this, especially some of the changes to bring it more in line with other similar games in the genre. Big thanks for that. Still have some room to go, but improvement has been made and I'm glad to see it. Thanks so much for all the hard work!
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • My Thermal Detonators will kill you all! in two or four rounds if not dispelled or battle ends before explosions occur.
  • Vos
    46 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @EA_Jesse great job on the update and thank you for posting in advance! Most of all thank you for making mace awesome! !
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Copy145 wrote: »
    Sorry to say this but you had one job. Fix poe. He is still fast and still steals turn meter which means the meta will be poe + 4 dps. I am not happy. Arena is to much rng.
    Oh thanks for the rest.....

The more I think about this.. the more I. Don't. Get. It.
    For weeks every response to people wanting better balance and more diversity in team builds yielded a response of "wait for the patch". So after 2 months we have the patch. And there's basically no game balancing in here at all.
    Everyone is still going to be running the same Poe+DPS one-shot "you won the coin flip so you win the fight" teams.
    Those of us trying to do something different are basically left in the cold.
    It's really disappointing.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Guess it's time to get ember blade.

I mean fallen dominion

Whoever will dominate the game for the next 10 months utility I'm annoyed and quit

It's poe
  • First post for this awesome update!!!! Thank you for the work!
  • I am happy that Asajj was fixed, since I never used her for the heal anyway. Now if she can clear all buffs reliably, she should be more useful.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318