Ship Battles Animation

Does anyone else find that when you're using a capital ship ability the angle of view of your regular ships makes it impossible to select one? I wish they wouldn't switch to this pov at all.

Replies

• Options
    Does anyone else find that when you're using a capital ship ability the angle of view of your regular ships makes it impossible to select one? I wish they wouldn't switch to this pov at all.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    YES! i absolutely hate this part. sometimes i have to just wait 'til my ships float around a bit so that a corner of it becomes clickable... it's so silly
  • Options
    I really enjoy ship battles, but this is a serious problem - even moreso than the bugs or the slow animations.

Not being able to tap a desired ship is infuriating. It's when they float too close to one another at certain times, and/or when we are viewing from a specific angle. Usually only affects the two ships furthest to the left.

Happens to me at least once every 3-4 matches. Occurs on both my iPad and iPhone.

Can we get confirmation this is a known issue and being worked on? @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP I'd be happy to provide specifics or screenshots if need be.
  • Options
    Gaaahhh! Yes. Just lost a battle today cause Ackbar couldn't heal my Biggs, who was taunting. I don't mind losing battles once in a while. It's how you learn and would be no fun if you could always dominate. But losing to a superior team is completely different than losing cause you can't perform basic battle functions or when the slow animations time out. If I'm spending 7 minutes on a single battle, I don't want to be continually foiled by bugs.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It's a serious issue that needs to be addressed in my opinion, and I am surprised we haven't had an update on it. It's been brought up from time to time since the ships were just released. Particularly when you have tons of debuffs/buffs on your ships you can't select any of them when you need to. Never noticed if it changes when the capital ship has it's turn though.
  • Options
    What are you trying to change in the middle of an action? Once you tap on what you want the capital ship to do then the camera changes. You can't change your target mid turn so it shouldn't matter. Now if you have it on auto and are trying to select the next target I can sort of see your point, but you've already given control to the ai, and you know that's a gamble.
  • Options
    Mike1980 wrote: »
    What are you trying to change in the middle of an action? Once you tap on what you want the capital ship to do then the camera changes. You can't change your target mid turn so it shouldn't matter. Now if you have it on auto and are trying to select the next target I can sort of see your point, but you've already given control to the ai, and you know that's a gamble.

I don't think you understand what we're getting at... the angle of the ships when you have to select a capital ship action makes choosing a ship extremely hard if not impossible. ESPEcially with dots on them