Could we see Darth Plagueis?

Prev13
Do you guys ever think we could get darth Plagueis or would you want him? I think that would be awesome personally

Replies

• Personally, I would love to see him. Don't know about the chances of it happening though (as there doesn't seem to be a great deal of talk about him amongst the player-base compared to other potential toons)
  • Just think he could be a sith that could heal/revive toons!!! Makes sense
  • Yeah that's how I'd imagine the toon... if ever there was a perfect match, Plagueis was all about beating death
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    But have we ever seen him?
  • DatBoi wrote: »

Yes. The supreme leader is wise :)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Dave79 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

Yes. The supreme leader is wise :)

I mean that literally. He has never appeared in any movies, tv shows, or video games. We barely have any idea what he looks like, let along design a full character for him
  • Dave79
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    There is two Plagueis: the Muun-character known from the excellent novel "Darth Plagueis"'(a must read even for those who are intrested in Palpy) and a lot of other media pre-Disney. The second is a confirmed canon trough Revenge of the Sith and the novel Tarkin but no appearance yet and nothing confirmed as far as concerning look, being or stature. Who he is is all up in the air for now. A Rather disturbing fact as he still during "The Phantom Menace" was Palpatines master.

Im not sure how EA/CG:s license is, and im sceptical they can make a character from earlier canon if Disneys idea is different, but if they can then we have a good picture of him. A very tall Muun with Malgusesque mask.

• id want him but i feel the information on him is too little to make him a toon but i don't know.

i mean i've read up on him but i feel a lot have not.
  • And he was a bad azz banker...if u use him you get extra credit after the battle....lol
  • Ep 8
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    Ep 8

nope. Disney will do everything they can to avoid referencing the prequels
  • Yes to Darth Plagueis...at least he's canon, unlike Nihilus
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    Yes to Darth Plagueis...at least he's canon, unlike Nihilus

At least nihilus had a whole game. Plagueis was never even a character. Palpatine told a short anecdote about him and thats it

At least nihilus had a whole game. Plagueis was never even a character. Palpatine told a short anecdote about him and thats it

Pretty similar to how we got bistan
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Mike1980 wrote: »

Pretty similar to how we got bistan

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif
  • Plagueis could make all sith immortal as long as he is alive

Umm...no.

Plagueis got a whole book about him, far from 'never being a character'.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Zanhaep wrote: »

Umm...no.

But that book isnt canon which is the point of the person i was responding to

Umm...no.

And that game isn't canon either...so?
  • SkyeLeonne wrote: »

Umm...no.

Checkmate
  • Disney own SW and Disney said that the other stories non made by Lucas were not relevant to SW universe, so it seems they've got plan for some chars invented by Lucas but negligeted by some other stories.

Maybe we'll see Plaeguis in SW8, after all Supreme Leader Snoke could be him, surviving what Palp did to him and returning to control the entire universe.
  • Haha I just realized in prequels they never knew the sith were still around but palpatine says to anakin, have you ever heard the tragedy of darth plageuis hahaha how could he have if the sith were supposedly extinct lmao
  • Haha I just realized in prequels they never knew the sith were still around but palpatine says to anakin, have you ever heard the tragedy of darth plageuis hahaha how could he have if the sith were supposedly extinct lmao

Huh...I never thought about that.

I imagine Palpatine would have known that the Jedi thought that the Sith were extinct.
    Perhaps he was testing that by asking Anakin if he had heard of Plageuis?
    or....
    knowing that the Jedi considered the Sith extinct, he felt safe in telling the story. After all, only he knew that it was a fairly recent event. Anakin would have been thinking Palpatine was telling a tale from long ago.

Dastardly clever.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    We won't see Plaguis until he has been explored by Disney. From my knowledge his book is no longer Cannon. Until Episode 8 or 9 has been released Disney may explore Plaguis but until then we dont know what he even looks like anymore.

There are too many Plaguis theories that Plaguis is Snoke which I would say he isn't but confirming what he now looks like kills that fan theory

Huh...I never thought about that.

I imagine Palpatine would have known that the Jedi thought that the Sith were extinct.
    Perhaps he was testing that by asking Anakin if he had heard of Plageuis?
    or....
    knowing that the Jedi considered the Sith extinct, he felt safe in telling the story. After all, only he knew that it was a fairly recent event. Anakin would have been thinking Palpatine was telling a tale from long ago.

Dastardly clever.

I think Palpatine told that story to Ani because he knew Ani was having visions of Padme's death. It all falls into the plan of Ani needing him.

If Ani didnt know that tale that the Darkside could stop people from dying then he wouldnt of turned on Mace

All seems like a big master plan of Palaptines, then all was required was to have Mace look like the bad guy and go to kill an unarmed person which is against the Jedi code
    Ep 8

Sry I didnt know you are working for Disney.

Or

Source please
  • Palpatine basically planted the Force Illusion of Padmes death himself in Anakins dream, knew Anakin would be disturbed by this (having revealed his passion for Padme and what could be used as a path to the darkside), sensed his vulnaribility and felt it safe to tell him the story of Plagueis in order to hook Anakin. The Force illusion isnt confirmed but im 100% sure of it.

In the confrontation with Windu it wouldnt have been wrong or look bad if he killed a dangerous Sith as Palpatine but to a emotionally conflicted Anakin it did - which was the whole point.

Personally, i think the Snoke/Plaguies theory is very plausibe as far as theories goes. It would blend the story together beautiful. I wouldnt be surprised if he's not but im willing to believe given what we know, whats been hinted and all the easter eggs we got in episode. 7.

Umm...no.

There is a difference though as EA/CG was free to use any characters in this game previously appeared in EA games as i understand it. Plagueis has not been in a game.
  • Yes they will add him if enough people want him. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Ep 8

Or

Source please

Source: all of TFA and rogue one.

Did you ever see a single reference to anything in the prequels from TFA or Rogue One? Disney absolutely worships the original trilogy and they'll do everything they can to recreate them. The prequel trilogy has one of the worst reputations in movie history due to the poor filmmaking involved and disappointment from fans. Jj abrams frequently stated in interviews how much he tried to keep the TFA from referencing the prequels (especially midichlorians).

Despite what you might hear from these forums, people (especially the people in charge of the new movies) do not like the prequels. They are objectively poorly made movies. The only people who like them like them because they've researched material outside the canon. They like the subject matter of the prequels because of their context and how it fits inside of a larger universe, not because of the (lack of) quality. They are willing to overlook the poor writing, production, and acting because the context makes up for it.

Disney wants to make passively entertaining movies that Joe Shmo can watch and appreciate without having to read a bunch of books or articles on wookiepedia. If they reference the prequels, they lose that because that information is far more complicated and less iconic than the material from the original trilogy. Most people have no idea who plagueis is, or who plo koon is. Most people dont remember kit fisto, ki adi mundi, darth tyranus, darth sidious, shmi skywalker, or poggle the lesser. They might remember the robot with four arms, the black guy played by sam jackson, the liam neeson character, that one chick with the fancy clothes, or silver boba fett, but not why they matter, what their motivations are, or their personalities (well i guess they have no personality).
    Ep 8

Or

Source please

Source: all of TFA and rogue one.

Did you ever see a single reference to anything in the prequels from TFA or Rogue One? Disney absolutely worships the original trilogy and they'll do everything they can to recreate them. The prequel trilogy has one of the worst reputations in movie history due to the poor filmmaking involved and disappointment from fans. Jj abrams frequently stated in interviews how much he tried to keep the TFA from referencing the prequels (especially midichlorians).

Despite what you might hear from these forums, people (especially the people in charge of the new movies) do not like the prequels. They are objectively poorly made movies. The only people who like them like them because they've researched material outside the canon. They like the subject matter of the prequels because of their context and how it fits inside of a larger universe, not because of the (lack of) quality. They are willing to overlook the poor writing, production, and acting because the context makes up for it.

Disney wants to make passively entertaining movies that Joe Shmo can watch and appreciate without having to read a bunch of books or articles on wookiepedia. If they reference the prequels, they lose that because that information is far more complicated and less iconic than the material from the original trilogy. Most people have no idea who plagueis is, or who plo koon is. Most people dont remember kit fisto, ki adi mundi, darth tyranus, darth sidious, shmi skywalker, or poggle the lesser. They might remember the robot with four arms, the black guy played by sam jackson, the liam neeson character, that one chick with the fancy clothes, or silver boba fett, but not why they matter, what their motivations are, or their personalities (well i guess they have no personality).

Too long. Didnt read. But im no agree.
This discussion has been closed.