February release notes

Replies

• Thumbs up for the update. Thanks and look forward to seeing this change!
  • Looks generally very positive. I'm excited to see the changes. I noticed some identified bugs weren't mentioned in the notes (such as Akbar's "It's a Trap" special not removing Sid's heal immunity debuff), so maybe not in the update?
  • Devour wrote: »
    Thanks, and nice to see an update. But as a heavy Ackbar user, I can't believe the issue with heal immunity is not being fixed in this update.

Yes came to rant about the same thing! Ewok Elder has the same problem. Why were these issues that have been known about for a long time not addressed at all?
  • So the new Event mode is to let whales acquire another unique hero.
    Because F2P players don't have 5 jedi's LMAO.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Jedi Councilroom sky was a black abyss showing naught but the passing vehicles. It now shows more than that so as not to remind players of the void.

The void... The horror...! The horror!!

*fragile player mind snaps like dry twig*
  • Someone needs to post the car named point flipping over the other car named devs.
  • So nightster challenge week for mother talzan shards...make it happen!!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Oh and on a more serious note, awesome stuff in there! Seems like you got all the big fixes done and I'm stoked about the new gaming modes that are coming!

Imma shuffle off and count my number of 7* Jedi now.
  • I have a feeling there will be a new character out soon who will solve the Poe problem. Therefore no need to nerf Poe. It will sort it self out given time.
  • Thermal Detonator!!! When will I see a rework on this broken ability?
  • Very comprehensive, thanks for all the info and effort that must have gone into this update.

I know the majority of people on this forum are sick and tired of the hate and nasty comments, we know it's a game in development and you're doing a great job.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers.
  • What about Ackbar and Ewok Elder's heal/debuff remover skill working accurately? It should remove ALL debuffs, it doesn't always work that way, especially EE.

Did I miss this in the fine print?
  • Overall I'm sad to see that they removed Assaj's "bug" and made it so she only heals herself. I don't have her, but was thinking of working toward her and this really makes her much less useful. Although I'm glad to see a Mace buff this really seems like it might be overkill. Only time will tell I guess! I know a lot of people were calling for Poe's head saying he's too OP, but reducing his tenacity and the effectiveness of his taunt seems a bit much to me. Yes - he can make or break a match - but only coupled with high DPS characters...and even without Poe a combination of Poggle / Geonosian / IG-86 can be deadly since the later 2 have ridiculous damage, have a special that calls an assist and take their turns quite early.
  • I am just happy about the Portuguese language fix.. That was a game changer. :o
  • Well, Asajj will be now even more unreliable, that's sad.

And the most importan and what everyone was expecting.. Poe remains the same. Yeah, now his expose isn't that strong, but his expose wasn't the problem in the first place! His expose was fine, you guys fixed something that wasn't broken, yet you just ignored the big major issue with Poe! His turn meter drop! That was everything you needed to fix!

So the meta remains the same, that's kind of disappointing, but well, still glad whit all the improvement.

Apologies if my english isn't the best.
  • That Poe "nerf" is so, so minor. It seems they are afraid to change too much at once thanks to the Bariss nerf backlash. Now they are doing the complete opposite which is not any better. Well, time to continue amusing myself with the Poe pun threads because arena will be the same.
  • Thanks for all the hard work guys, sounds very promising!! amazing :)
  • bbmiLo wrote: »
    So the new Event mode is to let whales acquire another unique hero.

You can have 5 as a f2p player. Most are quite easy to farm. And QGJ just became available for f2p
  • Fixed a model issue where the Mob Enforcer's head was missing in the character detail screen. Head has been replaced on shoulders.
    Did anyone else laugh at this?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Patch looks good but they dropped the ball with Poe. He still fulfills the same role in current meta with his speed and turn meter reduction ability unchanged. Poe's entire team will be able to act before the opponent's and a Poe vs Poe match up is still a toss up.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    "Stage 7 which requires seven Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars!"
    7 Jedi required for Stage 7? Surely it would be 5 characters max?
    Excited to see this mode ... and which character we'll get.

That was a typo, it's actually 5 Jedi at Stage 7, updated this in the notes.
    Bongo wrote: »
    "Stage 7 which requires seven Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars!"

7 Jedi required for Stage 7? Surely it would be 5 characters max?

Excited to see this mode ... and which character we'll get.

Guh. Yes. You're correct. It'll be 5 Jedi. Thanks for catching that!

We'll have to invite you to the next proof-reading session. ;)

Thanks for that correction.

Proofread and edit as a side-job currently. I'd be glad to attend the next meeting :D@CG_JohnSalera Let me know the details...? :wink:
  • Excellent update, thanks . Worth the wait
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    bbmiLo wrote: »

You can have 5 as a f2p player. Most are quite easy to farm. And QGJ just became available for f2p

I think his intent was that most f2p don't really focus on any Jedi besides Luminara or Jedi Consular because of the strong anti-Jedi capabilities of some toons.

• 7* Jedis for the event... Oooopps. I guess I wont be hitting the end of this one too soon eheh. Can Lumi solo the last stage maybe? :hushed:

I want to point out the Ackbar debuff remover ability issue that was not addressed, can it be added to the new list of things to fix eventually?

Poe is ok in arena it's like Dooku and Sid: jaded... and pummelling through anyways. I actually think that lowering his tenacity could've been compensated with raising his hp a little, his resistance to debuffs gave him a small heal and he was able to survive *sometimes* 2 full rounds. Finn has more hp than him and he doesn't taunt. Anyhoo, just thinking out loud. I don't mind what happens to Poe honestly.

Thanks for the huge update notes!
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • You know what I'm most surprised about?

Nobody is flaming EA yet.

Yet . . .
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Aggropox
    120 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Oh no!
    The screen will now show opponents' full squad, allowing players to both plan for the Battle and to study what unit combinations other players are using.

This is the only thing I really take issue with. It is what it is though and I accept it. I sort of liked the surprise factor.

Thanks for the work you are all putting in and thanks for the preview of the notes.
  • Asajj Ventress
    This update should serve to fix several of the factors (including a bug) that made Asajj's Strike Fear ability frequently unreliable or ineffective. Note that there is still a bug under investigation that can cause Dispel effects to fail to remove enemy buffs.
    Fixed a bug that caused Asajj's Strike Fear ability to heal all allies instead of just Asajj
    Healing effect altered to be 20~40% Max Health plus 3~9% per effect dispelled, from 3~7% per effect only
    Ability now Dispels all buffs at all ranks
    That's both good and bad. She is now no longer a healer at all, but at least dispel will work properly. Overall I'd say she deserved a buff anyway, so keeping the party heal would have been nice.

Any news on fixing the bug where she doesn't gain rampage when she delivers a killing blow?

Being able to see enemies' squad's in Arena scares the **** out of me. I may become a very easy target all of a sudden. I actually liked the randomness of not known what team you will be facing.

The Jedi event is absolutely amazing though. Probably my favourite part of the entire update.
    bbmiLo wrote: »

I'm f2p and have lumi JC ahsoka qgj and kit fisto from early chromium drop.
  • Eeth lot and jedi guardian as well.
  • Nothing has really changed. Damage will still be caazy and Defense still means nothing

The new challenges sound fun though