Mace does not need anti sith abilities

Prev1
Idc what anti sith abilities/training he has. He fought one sith and died. Cut and dry. Not very anti sith if you ask me.

Replies

• Due to Anakin's betrayal (good Sith skill btw).
  • Lore speaking he was top 3 Jedi at the time and his lightsaber fighting style vaapad was all about using the enemies dark side and whatnot against them.
  • PapiBlanco wrote: »
    Lore speaking he was top 3 Jedi at the time and his lightsaber fighting style vaapad was all about using the enemies dark side and whatnot against them.
    Exactly! If there is a Jedi that should have anti-Sith abilities, then it should be Mace.
  • PapiBlanco wrote: »
    Lore speaking he was top 3 Jedi at the time and his lightsaber fighting style vaapad was all about using the enemies dark side and whatnot against them.
    Exactly! If there is a Jedi that should have anti-Sith abilities, then it should be Mace.
    Quinlan Vos
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Btw, no one has seen his corpse... And no one died so far from lightning itself. And Jedi can survive after falling down from huge height. So...
  • He's dead. We haven't seen anyone die from it because other than dookus little spurts, the only other time we've seen someone lightinged good was Luke and Vader, Vader died (but that could be argued about him being a cyborg), Luke would have died. Luke's was bad enough to take him to the ground for a few seconds, mace's was bad enough to leave him stuck in place, and then shoot out of a window. I guarantee that even if he did survive the lightning he did not land on his feet or survive the fall.

If snoke is windu I'd be **** as he hasn't said 1 mother **** this whole time
  • Mace would beat palp, if anakin wouldnt stop him.
  • Anakin was lighten by Dooku and he survived. Of course Dooku is not Palp, but lightnings are lightnings.

JKA should have one too, and Yoda should reduce special because if you don't remember, he counters Dooku and Palp lightning. GK defeated JKA so why not him too ?
  • Tbf, Mace had Palp on toast, Yoda couldn't do that....
  • Technically, he just use his lightsaber to counter the lightning and make Palp looking a dumb face but Yoda absorb the lightnings which is quite good too, it's like he powered up himself with it !
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    When they give jedi the same love we are seeing for the sith (3-6months)

Mace will get a rework. Imo
  • Mace is garbage
  • Yeah lightning is lightning, but dookus Lightning has at best been show to cause pain and disrupt his opponents. Sidious' has been known to vaporize and in the case of the movies send someone flying off like team rocket. It's pretty much so powerful that later he just decided he doesn't need lightsabers anymore, just lightning.
  • I don't know that he needs anti-Sith abilites, but he needs a general rework for sure. Other than fleets, there's no reason to farm him. Anything he does, an easier to get Jedi does better.
  • Eyi
    209 posts Member
    ullumulu wrote: »
    Mace would beat palp, if anakin wouldnt stop him.

Palps let mace win to gain anakins favour
  • The ability to heal is not necessary, by the time he gets middlife, he never has time to play because someone is killing him before his turn.

Debuff is good but a bit weak. Why not be a Yoda-like and stole the buffs on the target ?

Vaapaad is not good enought, he needs possibility to gain counter or taunt or both of them.

His unique is good but maybe it would be nice to increase his chance to expose and add some beneficial effect for him if he hits an exposed target, more than TM gain, maybe some buffs.
    A third ability to hit or buff would be quite nice, two-abilities caracter are not my favorites because it's quite a lack of gameplay.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Yoda ... passive immunity to shock (unique)
    GK ... 50% more damage against sith ("Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our speciality." ... also he cut Maul into 2
    Ani ... should swap to the opponent team ... *lol* na, no clue ... i think he is fine as he is, just needs his zeta unique finally :)
    Mace? I dont think mace needs anti-sith abilities, but he would need a total rework, turning him to an ani-alike attacker instead of a useless tank.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • He won!!!
    Why can't people understand that.

Darth Vader betrayed him and killed Anakin at that moment.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Lets face it, he's meek. Is special attack debuffs one enemy.... I mean, REALLY, man, let me drop B2 right now. Just compare him to Asajj, another older character and her mini-rework was MUCH better.

Sad thing is they did touch him and make his expose irresistible, but it was the worst rework among all they've done so far (except Nerfs which no one will ever agree on)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • ullumulu wrote: »

Explain how?
  • Maybe Jedi are not intended to have any Anti Sith Abilities, the Jedi couldnt even sense Palpatine was actually Darth Sidious and they all sat infront of him.

Sidious had far more Force knowledge than Yoda & Mace Windu combined. The Jedi wasnt anti Sith in movies.

But what I may see happen more KOTOR characters with anti Sith as they fought the Sith in that time.

Some could argue Obi Wan Kenobi should have anti Sith because he beat Darth Maul. I stand sided he shouldnt

1. Obi Wan Plot Armor
    2. In TPM Obi Wan let his motions controll the end fight while QGJ was wounded on the floor.
    3. Darth Maul would of destroyed Obi Wan if it wasnt for his bruised ego

Obi Wan couldnt last more than a few minutes vs Count Dooku

Obi Wan defeated Anikan though but Anikan had 0 Sith training and again it comes back to plot armor. Obi Wan had to defeat Ani

In a game like this Plot Armor does not matter

Some could argue that Luke should have Anti Sith but again I am unsure why it wasnt his Jedi abilties that overpowered Darth Vader but him feeding off the Darkside and how he kept conflicting Vader to weaken him.

Maybe they may add Anti Sith abilties to Jedi but in my opinion it still don't fit their characters.

Sith lived died and breathed to kill Jedi
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Yeah, Jedi aren't really about vengeance and hunting/killing certain groups. They exist to further the light and are slow to engage in conflict. Sith have a specific hatred for Jedi as they were originally formed by exiled dark Jedi. They are also inherently stronger than Jedi as they persue power and do not restrain themselves as Jedi do.
  • Jay_cube1
    379 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    PapiBlanco wrote: »
    He's dead. We haven't seen anyone die from it because other than dookus little spurts, the only other time we've seen someone lightinged good was Luke and Vader, Vader died (but that could be argued about him being a cyborg), Luke would have died. Luke's was bad enough to take him to the ground for a few seconds, mace's was bad enough to leave him stuck in place, and then shoot out of a window. I guarantee that even if he did survive the lightning he did not land on his feet or survive the fall.

If snoke is windu I'd be **** as he hasn't said 1 mother **** this whole time

Nah bro. Farm boy Luke has over 40% tenacity so he was faking being shock.. ;)

Edit: I know this cuz I am emperor of the galactic empire. >:)

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Palpatine wad faking losing to convert Anakin to the dark side.

Also, if they make Darth Maul survive and call that "canon," then Mace can survive too.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Palpatine wad faking losing to convert Anakin to the dark side.
    Sorry, on this subject you have to stick with the creator. Lucas already said it a few times, Mace won. Palpatine might be counting on Anakin but it didn't change the fact that Mace had Palpatine.

• Dave79
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    DaveAugust wrote: »
    Tbf, Mace had Palp on toast, Yoda couldn't do that....

Yoda worked himself up from a lesser ground and absorbed Palps Force lightning. That is just insanely powerful given what we know of the nature of Palpys lightning. Yoda has on occasion channeled dark side powers (without even being affected of it) so he could do that aswell.

We'll have to face the bitter truth that the devs have massively and i mean massively failed with the Jedis - the core of Star Wars - in this game.
  • Mace should be ANTI-FETT. He did take Jango's head off after all.
  • You guys really dont understand Palpatine.

He wasnt faking it to seduce Anakin.

He lost to Mace and Anakin came in at the right time for Palpatines ability to manipulate the situation to his advantage to take hold..

Remember this is a guy who couldnt defeat his master in a 1v1 battle so he killed him in his sleep.
  • DrewR wrote: »
    Sorry, on this subject you have to stick with the creator. Lucas already said it a few times, Mace won. Palpatine might be counting on Anakin but it didn't change the fact that Mace had Palpatine.

This. If the writer stays mum you can draw what conclusions you feel are appropriate. Lucas didn't stay mum though. Mace defeated Palpatine. It is confirmed.
    Smithie wrote: »

Sidious had far more Force knowledge than Yoda & Mace Windu combined.
    There is nothing whatsoever that confirms this. It is....unlikely at best that Palpatine's knowledge exceeded Yoda's centuries of training and meditation.

Darth Maul would of destroyed Obi Wan if it wasnt for his bruised ego

They fought each other several times throughout the Clone Wars. With the exception of Maul's Mandalorians capturing Obi, Maul was never able to defeat Kenobi, including when he and Savage had a 2v1 advantage - Obi Wan ripped them to pieces...
    Obi Wan couldnt last more than a few minutes vs Count Dooku

Straight up saber fight and Dooku got his saber training from the Jedi order... not the Sith
    Obi Wan defeated Anikan though but Anikan had 0 Sith training and again it comes back to plot armor. Obi Wan had to defeat Ani

In a game like this Plot Armor does not matter

So basically any outcome you don't care for amounts to plot armor? Kenobi was one of the strongest Jedi, he just also had a deferential personality and followed council dogma too much. I mean, Windu explains to Obi Wan that he was being sent to fight Grievous because Mace legitimately believed he had the best chance of anyone (including himself and Yoda) of defeating the general. To say he only won things because of plot armor is just so off base...

• Eyi wrote: »
    ullumulu wrote: »

Palps let mace win to gain anakins favour

Not according to Lucas. In the commentary, he is very specific; Mace beat Palp fair and square, but he played Anakin against him when he arrived.