February release notes

Replies

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    I feel like Ventress got nerfed harder than Poe.
    No party heal (arguably best part about her). And the base hp gain will be mitigated by the fact that her slow speed will allow enemies to get attacks in to render the heal moot. Dispel all buffs is good though.

Other than that small caveat, looks like a good update. I suppose a damage overhaul was too much to anticipate right now, but maybe in the future.

The nerf to poe to me indicates the devs don't fully understand the problem Poe actually poses.. and it has zero do to with his expose.

Poe's turn meter reduction does more damage than the expose... (indirectly)... it literally allows many of the first acting Poe's team members to take their actions before the other team. As a result if the first taunting Poe has a number of moderately fast acting characters... they can still remove or defeat one or more of your team before you can even do anything...

For me it doesn't solve the problem.. It's still the first move Poe wins.. (there are exceptions but few). Trust me people will still be complaining about Poe even after this upcoming patch when they realise exactly what I am getting at and what others have also alluded to.

That said the rest of the upcoming patch looks fine and some of it has me in gleeful anticipation...
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • You know what I'm most surprised about?

Nobody is flaming EA yet.

Yet . . .

Oh they will. I already see complaints on lack of balance updates. Heal immunity removal wasn't addressed, etc. Haters gonna hate. Poe didn't get a speed nerf so he will still see a ton of use. People are just sharpening their pitchforks.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Nice work CG. Not complaining, just adding things i didnt see:

1. Plo - inability to apply debuff - balance.
    2. Teebo - unavoidable special avoided frequently - bug
    3. Teebo - when stealth special is activated (3 turns) and leader stealth ability procs on teebo, he will unstealth at the end of his turn (prematurely) - bug
    4. Ewok Scout - 50% chance to remove turn meter on basic attack set to 5% when ability is upgraded to level 6. - bug
    5. Ewok Elder - cleans on healing special fails to remove debuffs consistantly. - bug
    6. Leader abilities which provide speen do not work the same way in the arena as they do in the rest of the game (e.g. in arena the leader ability is not applied until the leader takes an action). - bug?
    7. Admiral Ackbar - cleanse not clearing all debuffs. - bug

- Pilot
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • No fix for attacks occasionally erroneously removing positive effects from enemies?
  • Update is looking awesome, so many bug fixes in one. Congrats to devs for making this!
    It's time to think about 7-starring other Jedis than Lumi... Mace looks like a nice option now.
  • Eeth Koth Arena farming commence.
  • whoa

5 X 7 star jedi's is not going to be easy (not a complaint, just an observation)

can't wait to see the amazing char at the end of that journey.
  • bbmiLo wrote: »
    So the new Event mode is to let whales acquire another unique hero.
    Because F2P players don't have 5 jedi's LMAO.

You can have 5 as a f2p player. Most are quite easy to farm. And QGJ just became available for f2p

Obviously I am not saying there isn't 5 farmable Jedi's in the game.
    But, it will take all my resource to farm those Jedi's and most of them aren't effective in arena or GW. I won't be able to star up and gear up my main squad.

You would think they can at least make a game mode that's accessed by everyone, how far one can go depends on time, skills and money spent, but at least let everyone participate without jumping through hoops.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    One thing I didn't see mentioned about Asajj Ventress, that I think you really need to look up, is that her Rampage skill does not activate when she herself kills an enemy.

Or rather, it activates, but is immediately canceled as it only lasts until the end of a turn, and her turn doesn't technically end until after the attack.

This can't possibly be working as intended.

This also happens whenever a character is counter attacked. If the counter attacker applies a stun or debuff, it goes away at once in the same way as described above.
  • Arena side note: rank 11 able to get to 6, but 10 only to 7? No way to tweak this to make both the same at least?
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars!
    and how the f am i supposed to get 5 *7 jedis ? -.-
    have luminara at 7 and the rest is *5 and less...
  • Skye wrote: »
    No party heal (arguably best part about her). And the base hp gain will be mitigated by the fact that her slow speed will allow enemies to get attacks in to render the heal moot. Dispel all buffs is good though.

Other than that small caveat, looks like a good update. I suppose a damage overhaul was too much to anticipate right now, but maybe in the future.

The nerf to poe to me indicates the devs don't fully understand the problem Poe actually poses.. and it has zero do to with his expose.

Poe's turn meter reduction does more damage than the expose... (indirectly)... it literally allows many of the first acting Poe's team members to take their actions before the other team. As a result if the first taunting Poe has a number of moderately fast acting characters... they can still remove or defeat one or more of your team before you can even do anything...

For me it doesn't solve the problem.. It's still the first move Poe wins.. (there are exceptions but few). Trust me people will still be complaining about Poe even after this upcoming patch when they realise exactly what I am getting at and what others have also alluded to.

That said the rest of the upcoming patch looks fine and some of it has me in gleeful anticipation...
    I agree with your analysis that the Poe problem was not fixed. The one upside is that I can now see which teams are using Poe in Arena so I can avoid them.

The screen will now show opponents' full squad, allowing players to both plan for the Battle and to study what unit combinations other players are using.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    You know what I'm most surprised about?

Nobody is flaming EA yet.

Yet . . .

Ha, I know of at least one person that is probably writing a thesis at this very moment to tell us just how bad everything is. I love that they did not just thunder out nerfs but made some thoughtful adjustments and buffs as well. Concerning Ventress, I'm interested in seeing how powerful her dispell will be despite the healing nerf.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars!

it's called farming.

Won't be easy. But it shouldn't be either.
  • Most frequently asked character- Jar Jar.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Better get to work in Cantina.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    One thing I didn't see mentioned about Asajj Ventress, that I think you really need to look up, is that her Rampage skill does not activate when she herself kills an enemy.

Or rather, it activates, but is immediately canceled as it only lasts until the end of a turn, and her turn doesn't technically end until after the attack.

This can't possibly be working as intended.

This also happens whenever a character is counter attacked. If the counter attacker applies a stun or debuff, it goes away at once in the same way as described above.

Ventress doesn't sport much usability in current meta as is. While it would be nice to have this work, my 7* Ventress will more likely than not have to be benched. I've put off leveling my 4* Poe in anticipation of a well needed balance. Instead, Ventress got hit with the hammer. On the bright side, it isn't too difficult to see who I'm going to replace to fit Poe in.
  • Roxo
    36 posts Member
    Was really hoping for a Cad Bane buff.
  • Concerning Ventress

I'm a little miffed they removed the group heal, but I also noticed in the wall-o-text at the end of the patch notes that health steal should now be working correctly. She has a heap of that, so I'm guessing she is going to be a bit like Ahsoka with all the self healing.
  • Excited for the first real Event!
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • hnewton
    492 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks but 2 questions:
    Is Admiral Ackbar's no effect on healing immunity a bug or intentional?
    Are there new characters besides the 7* jedi challenge?
  • Skye wrote: »

Don't fight poe teams as you can now see through the arena opposite team preview
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    So the new Event mode is to let whales acquire another unique hero.
    Because F2P players don't have 5 jedi's LMAO.

You can have 5 as a f2p player. Most are quite easy to farm. And QGJ just became available for f2p

But, it will take all my resource to farm those Jedi's and most of them aren't effective in arena or GW. I won't be able to star up and gear up my main squad.

You would think they can at least make a game mode that's accessed by everyone, how far one can go depends on time, skills and money spent, but at least let everyone participate without jumping through hoops.

I'll agree with you about that. It will be a returning feature so there's that.
  • Toolio wrote: »
    Concerning Ventress

I'm a little miffed they removed the group heal, but I also noticed in the wall-o-text at the end of the patch notes that health steal should now be working correctly. She has a heap of that, so I'm guessing she is going to be a bit like Ahsoka with all the self healing.

Self healing is contingent with both damage and frequency of attack...Ventress has only one of those. Fact remains DPS will rule meta, defense/utility has no place. This may change, but I don't see it anytime soon.
  • Maybe it was mentioned and I missed it - but isn't there a bug where characters will un-stun earlier than they are supposed to? For example, I have it happen quite frequently where Dooku will stun a Jedi with his attack - and then immediately after his attack is done they will un-stun - even though it was no-where near their next turn.
  • @EA_Jesse This is really good! Thanks you EA and CG. The Jedi event is well thought out since I'm expecting the rewarded character to be Yoda, means everyone has a chance to get him regardless of F2P vs P2P. Great thinking!
  • akositzke wrote: »
    Maybe it was mentioned and I missed it - but isn't there a bug where characters will un-stun earlier than they are supposed to? For example, I have it happen quite frequently where Dooku will stun a Jedi with his attack - and then immediately after his attack is done they will un-stun - even though it was no-where near their next turn.

that's not a bug

it's tenacity (or some other skill), that wards off the effect
  • J7000 wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Better get to work in Cantina.

man im farming finn now...

But it IS accessible by everyone, just at different speeds. The first round uses only 1* Jedis. I'm sure that's easy for everyone to clear, and you do earn shards towards the new character.

Each subsequent round gets more difficult, but you get more shards. According to the patch notes, if you can clear round 5, the character will unlock, and at 5*. The higher rounds are used to gain further stars for that toon, up to 7*.

So as a F2P player....it will just take longer. You won't have access to all Jedis, so you probably won't be able to get the toon the first go-around. Weeks later, when the event rolls around again, you get more shards. Maybe you can unlock it then, maybe you can't.

For P2P players, they power their way up, and get the new toon the first go-around. I have no problem with that.

It's better than trying to get a new toon from a Chromium-exclusive pack, and then not being able to level it up anyways because you can only get more shards from more packs.

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Event with Jedi's? Secrect character? Smells like Yoda is coming