February release notes

Replies

• So, how does this affect me?
    Because ultimately that's all we care about.

Talia had a massive buff, that's really cool. Now her self heal will be more reliable.
    She also had her AI heal fixed, thankfully.

Asajj had her dispel fixed, but her party heal removed. There are pros and cons to this, but I'm going to say this is at least 51% con.
    Asajj's Rampage is still bugged.

Daka's revive with buffs could be benificial, and debuffs could be detrimental. Overall a good change.

Initiate and Acolyte both still have their abilities at level six bugged.

So now instead of all five Nightsisters being bugged now only three are.

No change to the meta. We will still see the exact same teams in Arena and GW.

The Arena squad view worries me a lot. I'll have to wait and see what happens, but as someone who is already an easy target I probably got even easier. People will probably attack me more than ever before.

The Jedi event is absolutely amazing. I'm very, very happy about this. As my Nightsister farming is almost coming to an end I now know exactly who to work on next. The buff to Mace means my Jedi team could actually be pretty decent.

The new events could be great, but we'll have to wait and see.

Overall, I'm happy with the changes, but I expected more. I expected at least a minor meta change. I definitely expected guilds. I expected more actual character bug fixes, not just display issues that I've never even noticed before.

If these updates happened more often then it would be great, but being stuck in this state for the next two to three months will be very boring in an already slow grind.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Super job everyone! Thanks for the awesome update. Glad I am getting my Jedi team ready. Return of the Jedi baby!!
  • Relish_Yoda
    164 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    No change to the meta. We will still see the exact same teams in Arena and GW.

Except if Yoda es essential for meta. And guess what? I suspect he will be, because money.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    I am just happy about the Portuguese language fix.. That was a game changer. :o

And it is typed incorrectly in the post: PortugEUse! There must now be a fix for the release notes too. Anyway, some people may find this usefull, not sure if a game changer LOL!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Awl why not, I'll weigh in:

1. Again to reiterate: I have (gah) spent several $k on other mobile games -- my tastes are far from refined, but are at least educated. I have yet to encounter a development team that is as engaged and responsive as this one. Kudos. The changes are very obviously reactive and originate from a place of genuine engagement with and understanding of the user experience. This shouldn't be taken for granted, because it is not the norm. Really. Cheers.

2. I'm relatively new to this end of the pool. I remain dismayed with the scaling of difficulty in GW, which I find neither fun nor fair. I also recognize that this issue has emerged after this recent (admirably significant) update likely went into the hopper. I do hope that there is some remediation under consideration for these concerns.

3. In short, every reason to remain hopefully optimistic and extend every benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, we'll see.

Cheers
  • akositzke wrote: »
    Maybe it was mentioned and I missed it - but isn't there a bug where characters will un-stun earlier than they are supposed to? For example, I have it happen quite frequently where Dooku will stun a Jedi with his attack - and then immediately after his attack is done they will un-stun - even though it was no-where near their next turn.

that's not a bug

it's tenacity (or some other skill), that wards off the effect

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the character actually is stunned (it is not resisted) and then immediately afterward they get un-stunned, which shouldn't happen until they miss a turn.

Also pretty sure there are no skills that ward off a stun (other than general tenacity which causes resist) - and not aware of any that cause a character to recover from a stun before their next turn either :smile:
  • Thanks @EA_Jesse for the update! I found the UI improvements awesome, was missing most of them! New info on screens may now remove my odd "snapshot all char screens and do some OCR" scripts to export to a Google sheet in order to better visualize the info.

Great update comming! Hope the team can deliver most of it in the next update :smiley:
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • akositzke wrote: »
    [
    Also pretty sure there are no skills that ward off a stun (other than general tenacity which causes resist) - and not aware of any that cause a character to recover from a stun before their next turn either :smile:
    Barriss can remove debuffs on jedi allies, though not sure if stun counts as a debuff. But maybe you've seen this happening on a jedi with teams that have barriss?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Character Balance Changes

First Order Tie Pilot

FOTP was affected by a couple bugs that significantly affected his performance in a variety of ways. Considering the magnitude of these fixes, we're going to observe how much they affect him before considering any further balance adjustments.
    • Fixed a bug with FOTP's 7-Star stat allocation, giving him much higher Strength Growth and much lower Agility Growth than intended.
    • Fixed a bug that allowed his Basic ability to gain more multi-attacks than intended

Talia
    As one of the few Dark Side healers, Talia finds her way into a variety of parties, but has been significantly underperforming; we feel this is largely due to the extreme risk of her powerful heal, coupled with a few AI bugs that tend to drive her to make... tactically unsound decisions.
    • Health Steal effect on Basic ability doubled at all ranks (60~100%, from 30~50%)
    • Fixed multiple bugs that made AI-Talia use her heal improperly

Poe Dameron
    Poe's high-Tenacity gear upgrades after the level cap increase, coupled with his Unique ability, allowed him to substantially outperform other Tanks. In addition, the high chance to Expose enemies with Resistance Bravado made it reliable for him to secure a huge advantage for his team on the first turn. After these changes, Poe still has far more Tenacity than any other unit, and still has the only currently available Area-of-Effect Expose ability, even if it is less reliable, so we are confident that his unique role as a high-risk, high-reward Tank remains intact.
    As an additional note: the changes to his gear requirements were made only on Tiers II and III in order to minimize the disruption to players currently trying to equip and upgrade Poe.
    • Expose chance reduced by 15% at all ranks
    • Reduced Tenacity on Unique ability from 15-35% to 10-22%
    • Reduced Tenacity on gear at early Tiers

Jedi Knight Guardian
    Many players collect Jedi Knight Guardian early on to round out their parties, but she's also quickly outclassed by many other Tank options. These updates should help to keep her competitive.

Special ability Ability Block chance increased to 100% on Critical Hits
    Defense bonus on Unique ability replaced with Heal Over Time (5~15% Max Health per turn)

Asajj Ventress
    This update should serve to fix several of the factors (including a bug) that made Asajj's Strike Fear ability frequently unreliable or ineffective. Note that there is still a bug under investigation that can cause Dispel effects to fail to remove enemy buffs.
    • Fixed a bug that caused Asajj's Strike Fear ability to heal all allies instead of just Asajj
    • Healing effect altered to be 20~40% Max Health plus 3~9% per effect dispelled, from 3~7% per effect only
    • Ability now Dispels all buffs at all ranks

Savage Oppress
    Savage was intended to be an extremely durable Attacker who could become a huge threat when he found the opportunity to finish off a low-Health enemy, but his less-than-stellar base damage and relatively unreliable Special ability made that difficult. This update should make Savage a much more threatening foe on both accounts.
    • Unique ability now also grants Offense Up for 1 turn when receiving damage.
    • Special ability now deals massive damage and can't be Evaded when used against enemies at 25% Health or less

Mace Windu
    Mace Windu's kit was highly divergent, lacking synergy or focus that would allow him to play a clear role in combat. This overhaul should help him secure his identity as a heroic, high-pressure Tank that enemies will have to focus fire on to survive, even without a Taunt.
    • Basic ability reworked: Now deals 25~50% more damage while Mace is above 50% Health, and heals Mace for 50~70% of the damage dealt while Mace is below 50% Health
    • Unique ability reworked: At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 30~60% chance to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. In addition, Mace gains 10~25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.

Captain Phasma
    Phasma's Leader ability had bugs that frequently allowed the bonus Assist attacks to trigger off of non-attack abilities, sometimes even targeting allies instead of enemies. It is unknown to what degree this influenced Phasma's effectiveness, so we will observe the effects of this fix before considering any future balance adjustments.
    • Fixed a bug that allowed Phasma's Leader ability to trigger on non-attack abilities
    • Fixed a bug that could cause Phasma's Leader ability Assists to target allies instead of enemies
    Thank you for fixes to Talia, FOTP, and Phasma, and I look forward to the many more bug fixes to come, especially for the night sisters. Savage Opress changes seem like a good start too.

It seems like you've missed the point with the other heroes though.

Poe's most game breaking ability is his guaranteed turn meter reduction, allowing a squad of high damage attackers to potentially act before the opponent has a chance to interrupt, making it a coin toss for who starts the game with more heroes than the other. It is supposed to reduce 25% turn meter at level 7, and thank god it is maybe 15% max. His expose is just a fringe benefit. Don't know what gave you the indication this is where balance was required.

Thanks for the Jedi Guardian buff, but it wont make her playable.

Asajj has many drawbacks, not least of which her lack of speed. Party heal was the one saving grace which you have removed despite all feedback regarding her bugs requesting it be changed to heal party. Now she will be 100% useless on defence instead of 75% useless, as she dispels every chance she gets when she really needs to deal damage with a chance to stun.

Nice effort with Mace, but I find it hard to see how this will impact him at all. Please explain why I would focus down Mace without tuant. Also, as his leader ability suggests, Mace has synergy with Jedi, not resistance. So the benefits with expose seem out of place. He is the only Jedi that can expose which means his turn meter gain will rarely be used, and is still too situational. He hits so soft any heal while below 50% health won't amount to anything useful and he'll likely be the last opponent standing anyway because of his lack of damage.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »

Mace Windu
    • Unique ability reworked: At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 30~60% chance to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. In addition, Mace gains 10~25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.

So you are saying I should work on him to add to my developing Resistance Team
  • Mizake_Mizan
    209 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Also.....dollars to donuts that next week (or whenever this patch goes live) there will be a Jedi pack for sale. How much was the last one? $50? And who did you get?
  • No change to the meta. We will still see the exact same teams in Arena and GW.

Except if Yoda es essential for meta. And guess what? I suspect he will be, because money.

But Yoda looks like he'll be the reward for the Jedi Event. That's just time investment.
  • bbmiLo wrote: »
    Obviously I am not saying there isn't 5 farmable Jedi's in the game.
    But, it will take all my resource to farm those Jedi's and most of them aren't effective in arena or GW. I won't be able to star up and gear up my main squad.

You would think they can at least make a game mode that's accessed by everyone, how far one can go depends on time, skills and money spent, but at least let everyone participate without jumping through hoops.

But it IS accessible by everyone, just at different speeds. The first round uses only 1* Jedis. I'm sure that's easy for everyone to clear, and you do earn shards towards the new character.

Each subsequent round gets more difficult, but you get more shards. According to the patch notes, if you can clear round 5, the character will unlock, and at 5*. The higher rounds are used to gain further stars for that toon, up to 7*.

So as a F2P player....it will just take longer. You won't have access to all Jedis, so you probably won't be able to get the toon the first go-around. Weeks later, when the event rolls around again, you get more shards. Maybe you can unlock it then, maybe you can't.

For P2P players, they power their way up, and get the new toon the first go-around. I have no problem with that.

It's better than trying to get a new toon from a Chromium-exclusive pack, and then not being able to level it up anyways because you can only get more shards from more packs.

Great points love it.
  • Agreed. @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera the Nightsister initiate bug that removes her special attack crit chance at level 6 has been reported for a looong time. Might this be fixed soon?
  • Hmm. As someone who enjoys GW much more than duking it out in the Arena I'm actually fairly pleased with the update in general. The PoeDPS problem prevails in Arena but as this is the ONLY mode in which it is a serious issue, and we will be getting many more events and other things to do, I really don't mind. I'm glad that Ventress' debuff will work properly now, though I am sad to see her team heal disappear. It was a nice bonus more than anything in my opinion, not like it should have been relied upon, and is really the least important aspect of her. Also glad for the adjustments to the other characters to make them more viable.

The only thing I wasn't too ecstatic about was the fact of needing that many Jedi to get through to unlocking you-know-who, since I really haven't been focusing on unlocking Jedi as of late, let alone starring them up. Oh well. At least it's an interesting route to work towards, and an unusual way to get a character.

So thanks to EA and CG for their active efforts in improving the game. Can't wait for next week!
  • Excellent. This looks like a fantastic update! I personally really appreciate this kind of communication from the Devs.

Looking forward to testing the improvements to Mace, Talia, and Jedi Guardian.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Fixed a model issue where the Mob Enforcer's head was missing in the character detail screen. Head has been replaced on shoulders.
    Did anyone else laugh at this?
    I did. You and I tend to have a similar sense of humor. :D

I'll also agree that the new event is the best-sounding thing in the update. After all, new content is what we needed more than anything!

I'm similarly somewhat disappointed about the lack of Poe change, but that's a very fine line for the Devs to walk. And they did say that they were continuing to monitor the situation.

I kind of liked the Arena team mystery and ability to hide some chars behind my leader pic. Oh well.

Mace and Savage sure sound better. Wish I had them. Ventriss still sounds meh, glad I don't have her.

Maybe the best part: awesome communication! Thank you Devs, this is how it should be! :)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Thanks for this.

Couple things though, @EA_Jesse

1. Is it intended that dodging an attack, will not trigger a counter attack? I feel like Count Dooku's leader ability contradicts his counter attack ability.

2. Does this mean there are no new characters being released other than the requested Jedi? I want to buy chromiums but if there is no one new I won't.

3. I've had some chromiums not grant any shards. Support told me that this has been reported numerous times and a fix is in place for the next update. Am I to expect the system remembers what I'm SUPPOSED to have but don't and that it will be refunded?
  • Good work Devs, this is what an update should look like.

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Thumbs up on the update.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »

Mace Windu

So you are saying I should work on him to add to my developing Resistance Team

Lol my thoughts exactly... bye pilot (or maybe finn)... hello mace!
  • garcia_george99
    164 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for the info but I feel that allowing people thr ability to see an opponent's squad takes a bit of the fun out of arena overall great update coming

Glad I saved all those arena tickets, should get koth to 7* soon, also glad to see windu got a much needed buff
  • "Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires seven Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 4, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 4 Stars."

Seven Jedi in one team? Is this a typo?
  • "Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires seven Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 4, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 4 Stars."

Yes. Original text updated, too.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    "Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires seven Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 4, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 4 Stars."

Yes they have confirmed typo only 5 7* needed

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Just a clarification: you say it requires this number of Jedi for the various stages. Does that mean we can't run with an incomplete team, which we can everywhere else? My two 7* Jedi can't try round 4 by themselves then, even though they're far above the * requirement?
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Forizen wrote: »
    3. I've had some chromiums not grant any shards. Support told me that this has been reported numerous times and a fix is in place for the next update. Am I to expect the system remembers what I'm SUPPOSED to have but don't and that it will be refunded?

This was addressed in the bug fixes section, and is a display bug.
  • Appreciate the communication. Disappointed in a few things, like a few others. We will see how the poe balance fixes things, but I doubt it will do anything.
  • WOW! Great job guys. I'm Stok3d!!!
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Lots of good changes, though pretty bummed you nerfed HARD 3 of my 5 main characters, and the big nerf to Phasma hit FOO hard too as I could often count on Marching orders proccing an attack. Without it the ability is pretty MEH, since the chances of it landing on someone who actually needs 100% turn meter is pretty low.

Although, I am Rank 1 and 3000 power less than everyone else around me, so... ;)
    --Nud Stark--