Jedi that have Bonuses against Sith characters?

Hello everyone.
I do not know if this idea was considered before but anyway let's give it a go.

So currently we a limited number of Sith characters but they actually counter Jedi really well.
Darth Sidious is almost unhittable while Count Dooku perma stuns and attacks Jedi.
But aside from all of that, there were many Jedi who actually defeated Sith.
For instance, Mace Windu, Obi Wan. Anakin and many more.

I would love to see some Jedi being general counters to Sith characters.
Could be anything from gaining Additional Evasion, Damage or Defence against Sith.
Gaining Turn meter when attacking them. Or the attack not Missing... etc.

What are your opinions on this?

Replies

• Yes! It will be even worse with this new Sith buffing update. Are EA trying to discour age people from playingredients jedi ?
  • Bamshazam wrote: »
    Yes! It will be even worse with this new Sith buffing update. Are EA trying to discour age people from playingredients jedi ?

I think it's more about providing more challenges than discouragement; and what has(can) been(be) changed will depend on Players' feedback...
  • Not sure about you guys that have posted already, or even the ones that have read this post already.
    I started the game in late Dec 2015 and was pretty overjoyed to be able to play Jedi based classes and work them up, through arena, galaxy wars even different events, as they are a plug and play class, and can work well together subbing in one or two Jedi, to add a different spin and take care of different situations.
    I laughed this morning while doing Galaxy War. Watching an Oppress able to rip through my entire Jedi team as if it was pretty much nothing ? Another node Sid laying out his AoE with expose and Vader following up with his DoT AoE that dropped my entire squad by half health...
    I can understand updates being made, adjustments to entire factions to make them more viable in the game, but you took one of the more weaker factions ( lets face it, Jedi where not strong in any one area ) and made them useless to the point of like the Nightsisters ???

I am sure in time, you will make adjustments to the Jedi, to make them viable again. But at the point of making profit like you are currently doing with the Sith.
    Would it not make more sense to take factions or characters and balance them to the current overpowered metas that are surrounding the game, NOT the already weaker factions ?

This may sound like a rant, and partly is, because I very much enjoyed playing my theme based Jedi team, even doing well in Arena normally taking between 2nd - 4th place daily with them. But again, this was against the Wiggs teams, the Chaze teams of today's meta. Now these teams can sub in one Sith and mop the floor with my team, switch back and carry on as they where.
    Sorry, this update does not seem much like balancing at all.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Quote Obi-Wan - "Sith Lords are our speciality"

Jedi are like the exterminators for bug infestations, in this case Sith.

It would be nice to have some anti-sith abilities seen on Jedi.

Some Jedi toons desperately need a re-work, like Mace. Maybe they can add something like that to him as a unique - Jedi Luke has yet to be released, so there's another possibility.
    Post edited by Boo on
  • Amen!! The jedi need to be updated. Yoda in particular can outfight dooku and tanks in the movies, but is kind of a pansy in this game. A lot of gamers get a kick out of the dark side characters, but those of us fans who are interested in the story and underlying themes know that the Jedi victory is inevitable. Light must beat the dark, and the jedi are the best qualified for that fight, but in this game, the jedi are powerless against the sith. Before the update, it was already a little sith skewed, now it is all about the dark side, which bothers me enough to stop playing for good.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Definitely!
    A good Jedi that could possibly fit the roll of being strong against Sith could be Master K'Kruhk.
  • A good rework for Mace would be an oportunity to make him a counter sith (and a viable caracther :wink: )
  • I'd honestly rather have them nerf or remove the crazy anti-Jedi skills. In particular, Maul's double damage is just absurd. It makes him impossible to be a balanced character because he's either one shotting Jedi or doing no damage of significance against anyone else. I just had a Maul on my GW node 12 one shot three of my characters from full health, leaving only Barris due to her crazy health and Yoda due to his foresight.

Adding anti-Sith stuff to Jedi just escalates things. It would be better if the anti-jedi stuff was on the level of the other anti-faction abilities in the game. Only Maul and Sidious are too powerful, since it's so much beyond the other faction hate. The other anti-Jedi stuff is mostly reasonable and something you can work around.

Maybe this would be okay if Jedi were dominating, but Rebels are the dominant faction by far and really only have Palpatine as a really strong, specific counter. Other anti-rebel skills are way gentler.
  • Lyvren89
    123 posts Member
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    Lyvren89 wrote: »
    Bamshazam wrote: »
    Yes! It will be even worse with this new Sith buffing update. Are EA trying to discour age people from playingredients jedi ?

I think it's more about providing more challenges than discouragement; and what has(can) been(be) changed will depend on Players' feedback...

Yes i think it depends a lot on that. But come on. I know people have been shouting improve Jedi and Clones for months now. They still haven't gotten to the updates and have been doing completely different things. Maybe they have the updates and buffs planned in the future. But still, its taking way too long.

In the End, ya can't please everyone; but it definitely will take (is taking) a good bit of time...
  • I agree with all of you I am a Sith guy myself but the Jedi are very important characters to the Star Wars story so it should be balanced. Honestly it's not fair for those who like Jedi as I can take my all Sith team Nihilus(lead), Palpatine, Vader, Maul, Opress and annihalate any Jedi team with ease. Jedi should have specific counters or anti Sith bonuses to help them because that's their arch nemesis is the Sith and the train their whole life to counter the dark side of the force aka Sith. REWORK THE JEDI BEFORE DOING ANY OTHER UDATES EA!!!
  • I actually think Rebels and Clones do better against Sith than Jedi. Which is nuts.
  • Too lazy to read everything, but want to throw it out there, so forgive me if someone's already said it; I think a rework for Mace Windu and Kit Fisto would be a perfect opportunity to combat the surge in Sith. According to the meta report, Maul is the #1 leader in nearly half of shards. It's been a great shake-up to the arena, but the Sith have taken over and there's not a solid answer to them. Mace and Kit are in need of some revision, and making them stronger would not only give these characters the strength that they deserve, but could also potentially make Jedi stronger against Sith.

Seriously, strictly canon, how often do Sith defeat Jedi?