Question about Ventress thread that DOESN'T ask for Sith tag:

Straight to the point.

She was given a buff to her unique that allowed her to gain 15 speed for every toon that doesn't have a buff. They gave her this buff at the same time (I believe) they released Zeta abilities.

So question is this, why give her a buff in an attempt to make her more usable only to have two Zeta's (now three with First Order faction) that completely neuter her speed buff?

The buff wasn't that great to begin with because as the battle progress and enemies get buffs she slows down. So it really only benefitted her first turn. With pretaunts being prevalent, she effectively had a 60 speed buff.

That's 3 factions (Zaul, QGZ, Phazma) that render her buff useless on first turn.

I get that toons aren't garuanteed to be useful or arena viable but instead of leaving her alone, they gave her a buff that grows more difficult to use as people start unlocking Zeta's.

Replies

• They will have a nightsister faction month just like f.o. Sith etc
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    she has an ability that removes ALL buffs, giving herself her speed up. Then her AE special resets the cooldown on her abilities, letting her remove ALL buffs again. yeah her AE could do more dmg, but that's the idea behind her.

MAKE ASAJJ SITH!
  • Its a similar story with bounty hunters under boba. They get speed for debuffed enemies but really only start to benefit from round 2. Asajj's speed bonus in the starting turn is situational depending on the enemy team composition and is in some sense better than boba. The only (whopping) issue is that nightsisters completely suck at the moment.
  • Don't throw scissors when you can see your opponent is throwing rock.
  • image.png

A guildie of mine @RAYRAY has had good success with her. Not sure if he's using her still but it's still impressive to get to Rank #1 using Assajj.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Assaj has one use in arena, to get rid of that initial taunt of the new tanks I think. She deserves more, and some synergy in my opinion. I also think she needs a ship.
  • Sith Tag? Haha! That's crazy. No seriously. Bounty Hunter Tag please? :smiley:
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Wrathe wrote: »
    Sith Tag? Haha! That's crazy. No seriously. Bounty Hunter Tag please? :smiley:

Bounty hunter tag only? Thats crazy!
    Give her bounty hunter AND sith tag and Separatist synergy too while we are at it!

Edit: im serious!
  • Wrathe wrote: »
    Sith Tag? Haha! That's crazy. No seriously. Bounty Hunter Tag please? :smiley:

Bounty hunter tag only? Thats crazy!
    Give her bounty hunter AND sith tag and Separatist synergy too while we are at it!

Edit: im serious!

Well, OK. Since you're for the BH tag, I'll agree to your terms. Dev's, an accord has been struck! Get on it! :smiley:
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Asajj is actually very useful if you can get her going reasonably fast and protect her. I go to her from time to time and the latest comp seems to do well. And with all the buffs and auto taunts her ai can't screw up too much. 15-20k basic crits help too. Her aoe damage is really inconsistent though. The truth is, b2 would probably be just as good in that spot (see above).
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I can get top 5 when I'm lucky with her and I regularly hit top 10-6 at payout. Aside from her unique, I will run her at 188-193 depending on how I mod her.

If the squads I go against are Zeta'd however she becomes more of a liability than a help.

With her being slowed down, she ends up getting hit with AB or stunned and by the time she can do anything the fight is already over.
  • I run rex a lot for the tenacity up and find enemy teams sporting baze/shore + b2 are a headache. I keep thinking about going down the assaj route since she's the only dispel that doesn't actually do damage - so won't trigger b2 to dispel tenacity up right after I use it (before the incoming dazes, stuns, and dots).