February release notes

Replies

• There are three ways to beat Poe already and they just got easier. Thank you. I will call it now, Savage just became the next OP toon. Farming commencing...
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Is this real life? You guys changed the new character from unlocking after the fourth Jedi challenge stage at 4*, to unlocking after the fifth Jedi stage at 5*?!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Character Balance Changes

Mace Windu
    • Unique ability reworked: At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 30~60% chance to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. In addition, Mace gains 10~25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.

So you are saying I should work on him to add to my developing Resistance Team

That's exactly what I thought
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    Is this real life? You guys changed the new character from unlocking after the fourth Jedi challenge stage at 4*, to unlocking after the fifth Jedi stage at 5*?!

Seriously, 4* 5 Jedi people will have, but 5*? Why??
  • Lol I don't think the changes will effect Poe at all....
  • Arijit wrote: »
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Is this real life? You guys changed the new character from unlocking after the fourth Jedi challenge stage at 4*, to unlocking after the fifth Jedi stage at 5*?!

Seriously, 4* 5 Jedi people will have, but 5*? Why??

Me too, and not only that, but, why the sudden change from heroes unlocking at 1, 2, 3, or 4s? I would bet there will be a Jedi pack released that either: gives midgame players like us enough shards to get common Jedis to 5*, or enough shards of the new hero to get unlocked if you did the 4* jedi challenge. They saw how many of us would have five 4* jedi with a couple weeks to prepare for this, and decided to move the goal posts 20 yards further away :#:#:#:#:#:#:#:#:#:#

• bbmiLo wrote: »
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    So the new Event mode is to let whales acquire another unique hero.
    Because F2P players don't have 5 jedi's LMAO.

You can have 5 as a f2p player. Most are quite easy to farm. And QGJ just became available for f2p

Obviously I am not saying there isn't 5 farmable Jedi's in the game.
    But, it will take all my resource to farm those Jedi's and most of them aren't effective in arena or GW.

In regards to the bolded, I disagree - immensely. First off, Lumi is, of course useful in both. I am basically f2p and have 3 Jedi that ALWAYS run in GW A/B team: 7* Lumi, 6* Ahosaka and 5* JC (soon to be 6, then 7) - that's 3 of 5 - with QGJ now available, the buff to Mace, even JK Guardian and Im-Gun Di both somewhat farmable, you have many options to get to 5, even without any lucky card draws.

Many are presuming that a fully power QGJ could help vs. Poe - and Mace is looking MUCH improved with the new buffs. Lumi has always been great offense (ability block + solid DPS) and healer in arena. At least 2 of 3 (if not all 3) look to be useful in arena teams as well as GW.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Thank you very much for cleaning up the game.

Couple of notes:

Every team I face will still be using Poe. Turn meter issues.
    Agree with removing ventris's team heal. It does not fit her lore. Now speed her so we can use her life steal. Ahsoka speed?
    Damage still too high. Defense too low.
    Plo koon potency? So we can use his kit?
    Dispelling anti heal?

Thanks again for all the hard work.

• But Yoda looks like he'll be the reward for the Jedi Event. That's just time investment.

Lol what? All I see is $$$ when I look at my 11 Jedi <7* and <lvl 70 lol.

These guys are brilliant! Week on week off so you can "prepare?? LOL! That is absolutely designed to get you to spend $$$ to eek out the last few [HUNDRED] shards to get your Jedi to the next level.

Freakin. Brilliant.
    --Nud Stark--
  • I knew it would come back to bite you in the butt...about the bariss refund, that's got to suck for those who got refunds.
  • I knew it would come back to bite you in the butt...about the bariss refund, that's got to suck for those who got refunds.

Everyone that bought her got a refund of crystals, it's not like they took her away from them.

• DiscoSlice
    275 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    :o:o:o OMG SO MUCH INFO!!!

Looking good! :D
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So the new Event mode is to let whales acquire another unique hero.
    Because F2P players don't have 5 jedi's LMAO.

You can have 5 as a f2p player. Most are quite easy to farm. And QGJ just became available for f2p

But, it will take all my resource to farm those Jedi's and most of them aren't effective in arena or GW.

In regards to the bolded, I disagree - immensely. First off, Lumi is, of course useful in both. I am basically f2p and have 3 Jedi that ALWAYS run in GW A/B team: 7* Lumi, 6* Ahosaka and 5* JC (soon to be 6, then 7) - that's 3 of 5 - with QGJ now available, the buff to Mace, even JK Guardian and Im-Gun Di both somewhat farmable, you have many options to get to 5, even without any lucky card draws.

Many are presuming that a fully power QGJ could help vs. Poe - and Mace is looking MUCH improved with the new buffs. Lumi has always been great offense (ability block + solid DPS) and healer in arena. At least 2 of 3 (if not all 3) look to be useful in arena teams as well as GW.
    Let's not overlook an important point. You actually have to *win* the battle. Are your Eeth, Ima, and Guardian going to help your other "good" Jedi win this fight? And is it worth starring them when you'll put them back on the shelf again after the event?
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Oh no!
    The screen will now show opponents' full squad, allowing players to both plan for the Battle and to study what unit combinations other players are using.

I'm sure epic teams will love this *grabs notepad*
  • Overall great movement in the right direction. Thanks. Actually got excited about the new event as the other GW and Arena can be somewhat boring though an IG88 team wipe can sure make me smile! Poe will still be extremely strong in Arena. Some overall balance changes with speed, damage, defense, armor, possibly having more than 5 characters fight at a time in arena say up to 7-8 will be needed long term to allow for more wide uses of charterers and team compositions in arena.
  • Quick question: what are the 5 easiest Jedi's to farm? I have Lumi almost at 7 and JC at like 4. Who else is easy to 5*?
  • Hopefully these changes will be good.
  • DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Quick question: what are the 5 easiest Jedi's to farm? I have Lumi almost at 7 and JC at like 4. Who else is easy to 5*?

Eeth Koth 10 shards a day in arena ships, Ahsoka with hard nodes and cantina ships, and both QGJ and jedi knight guardian from cantina ships as well. Barriss is slowly farmable until you hit lvl 69 and can get her in cantina node.
  • Unreal change and cannot wait for this zomg gimmie gimmie gimmie lol:)

Unreal
  • I'm torn. There are tons of display and GUI bugs that were fixed, but not a lot of hero bugs or balance changes. Perhaps those are coming at a later date.

The heal block non-removal also affects night sister initiate (sacrificial magicks) in addition to ackkbar and ee.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    I knew it would come back to bite you in the butt...about the bariss refund, that's got to suck for those who got refunds.

Everyone that bought her got a refund of crystals, it's not like they took her away from them.

Im talking about those who actually got their heroine pack refunded from google.
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Quick question: what are the 5 easiest Jedi's to farm? I have Lumi almost at 7 and JC at like 4. Who else is easy to 5*?

Eeth Koth 10 shards a day in arena ships, Ahsoka with hard nodes and cantina ships, and both QGJ and jedi knight guardian from cantina ships as well. Barriss is slowly farmable until you hit lvl 69 and can get her in cantina node.

ty. Almost started farming Luke again. :p
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Copy145 wrote: »
    Sorry to say this but you had one job. Fix poe. He is still fast and still steals turn meter which means the meta will be poe + 4 dps. I am not happy. Arena is to much rng.
    Oh thanks for the rest.....

The more I think about this.. the more I. Don't. Get. It.
    For weeks every response to people wanting better balance and more diversity in team builds yielded a response of "wait for the patch". So after 2 months we have the patch. And there's basically no game balancing in here at all.
    Everyone is still going to be running the same Poe+DPS one-shot "you won the coin flip so you win the fight" teams.
    Those of us trying to do something different are basically left in the cold.
    It's really disappointing.

Agreed. I like allot of the changes and great job on those fixes, but the main problem with the game was Poe Poe and more poe! A 50% chance to expose is still very high and he is still going to go before 95% of the characters and still remove their turn meters and on top of that protect the high dps allies. So the meta will not change and people will still take advantage of this just to stay on top instead of offering a game with diversity and Keeping the game fresh with new character combinations. So although I am excited about allot of changes, I still feel that the overall game experience will be the same. It is a real shame when 1 character can completely alter the whole way a game is played and should probably be dealt with asap. And this is coming from someone with a 7* Poe.
  • So Ventress' strike fear is now supposed to remove all buffs with no chance to resist, but there is a bug being investigated that makes if fail sometimes?

Because a chance to resist means it is the only ability in the game with a chance of doing nothing at all, so I hope the above is right.
  • Sooo... are they NOT adding new characters to arena/cantina/GW shipments?
  • duffmc81 wrote: »
    Sooo... are they NOT adding new characters to arena/cantina/GW shipments?

They said new characters, plural. In February. So the other will probably go to gw or arena
  • Update looks great! @EA_Jesse please consider "unfixing" Ventress' heal feature. Was a nice feature to add in the strategy with her in a party.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • bbmiLo wrote: »
    But, it will take all my resource to farm those Jedi's and most of them aren't effective in arena or GW. I won't be able to star up and gear up my main squad.

You would think they can at least make a game mode that's accessed by everyone, how far one can go depends on time, skills and money spent, but at least let everyone participate without jumping through hoops.

But it IS accessible by everyone, just at different speeds. The first round uses only 1* Jedis. I'm sure that's easy for everyone to clear, and you do earn shards towards the new character.

Each subsequent round gets more difficult, but you get more shards. According to the patch notes, if you can clear round 5, the character will unlock, and at 5*. The higher rounds are used to gain further stars for that toon, up to 7*.

So as a F2P player....it will just take longer. You won't have access to all Jedis, so you probably won't be able to get the toon the first go-around. Weeks later, when the event rolls around again, you get more shards. Maybe you can unlock it then, maybe you can't.

For P2P players, they power their way up, and get the new toon the first go-around. I have no problem with that.

It's better than trying to get a new toon from a Chromium-exclusive pack, and then not being able to level it up anyways because you can only get more shards from more packs.

Also, shard shop may help you * up other jedis faster.
  • RamzaBeoulve
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @EA_Jesse I'm a newer software developer and video game addict. Lemme just say I am actually blown away at the care and timely adjustments that have been made to this game. This game has received 3 large patches in a very short amount of time. Force awakens pack, lvl 70 pack and now the most impressive feat of nerfing poe adding "probably yoda" and making a set of updates that is near infinite. You guys have seriously raised the bar for the level of love and attention a properly made video game deserves. I'm just glad I got in on this game from the first week because my team rapes and based on the patch notes its only going to improve. I'm just blown away entirely. Please just take the devs and go on a weeklong vacation. You guys earned it.