February release notes

Replies

• Kevon
    134 posts Member
    I know everyone is thinking its Yoda, but it could just as easily be Luke or maybe young Ben. Plenty of ppl have been asking for them too
  • People are complaining about the 5x 7* jedi requirement, but stop and think: the MUST HAVE PREMIUM CHARACTER need to be difficult, time and money spending. It is a FREEMIUM game folks. EA/CG spend a lot of money to develop and maintain the infra-structure, they need to force some feedback.

F2P players must understand. You won't be able to have Yoda in a short-term, but you still have a lot of fun free toons to play.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Young Ben is hands down my favorite Jedi. I hope when he's released he's a **** monster.
  • BTW, what about Vader's shards? Vader needs to be available!!! Please.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    1st and foremost thank you for the many upgrades, it's obvious you've been working hard and it's appreciated! But... REALLY disappointed in the changes to Asajj & Phasma... I have an almost 7*, almost gear 9 Asajj & the party heal is a huge part of her viability. Improved self-heal is a bonus but this is a big hit.
    Who decided Phasmas ability shouldn't work on non-attack moves?! And why?! Whats wrong with a bonus after a non-attack move? What about all the turn meter up moves (including Phasmas)? Should they also not be followed by a bonus attack even though they were just granted turn meter up? Y'all need to re-think this.
    Another issue is credits, while the red cards are appreciated I need millions not thousands where am I supposed to get these millions from??? It's a half mil to a mil to promote each character and @150 grand each level each character. Am I missing something? I hear you the key card energy required is reduced but it says you reduced the credits available also.
    Too many good things in this update to list but you've just nerfed 2 members of my A-team & I'm not happy. These 2 toons were NOT giving me an unfair advantage & this is unnecessary! If anything I'm currently struggling more than winning.
    Post edited by Bon_El on
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Wow, colossal update. Fantastic job on the changes being implemented. I'm looking forward to it...
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    TommySitt wrote: »
    I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the Ventress "nerf." Nowhere in her skills description did it say that she can heal the entire party. This was never intended to be a skill, and now it's simply been corrected. She is just not that good of a toon. If anyone purposely farmed her because of that party heal bug, they made a grave error. She has given me enough grief in GW with that heal, so I'm happy that they nerfed that back in line with the description.

Agreed. These peeps will complain about anything.

• Great update! I liked everything but the part that states Poe as a "high-risk high reward" character, I lol'd
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Kevon wrote: »
    I know everyone is thinking its Yoda, but it could just as easily be Luke or maybe young Ben. Plenty of ppl have been asking for them too

yup

I'd be surprised if it was Yoda. Just feel game is too young to bust out Yoda.

Anyone else we did not think of? Because we already have a Luke and a Ben, so maybe it would be Yoda before duplicating a toon (well offering a different version)

Padmé Amidala or R2D2 maybe?
  • Bon_El wrote: »
    1st and foremost thank you for the many upgrades, it's obvious you've been working hard and it's appreciated! 2nd, I can't believe you did that to asajj, at this point I feel like I've been building her up & working my **** off on her for nothing. what good is she now?! 3rd issue is credits, while the red cards are appreciated I need millions not thousands where am I supposed to get these millions from??? It's a half mil to a mil to promote each character and @150 grand each level each character. Am I missing something? I hear you the key card energy required is reduced but it says you reduced the credits available also

games like this are meant to be grinded a bit. Unless of course you fork out the moulah
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the Ventress "nerf." Nowhere in her skills description did it say that she can heal the entire party. This was never intended to be a skill, and now it's simply been corrected. She is just not that good of a toon. If anyone purposely farmed her because of that party heal bug, they made a grave error. She has given me enough grief in GW with that heal, so I'm happy that they nerfed that back in line with the description.

This is true, and I didn't know the heal was broken before I got her. It helps make her more usable though. Will have to see how it turns out with the fix but it was a nice bonus while it lasted.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • It will be Yoda either in the shard shop or in the Jedi Challenge. Most likely the challenge.

His updated abilities were added to the game data in the last update.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Copy145 wrote: »
    Sorry to say this but you had one job. Fix poe. He is still fast and still steals turn meter which means the meta will be poe + 4 dps. I am not happy. Arena is to much rng.
    Oh thanks for the rest.....

The more I think about this.. the more I. Don't. Get. It.
    For weeks every response to people wanting better balance and more diversity in team builds yielded a response of "wait for the patch". So after 2 months we have the patch. And there's basically no game balancing in here at all.
    Everyone is still going to be running the same Poe+DPS one-shot "you won the coin flip so you win the fight" teams.
    Those of us trying to do something different are basically left in the cold.
    It's really disappointing.

Agreed. I like allot of the changes and great job on those fixes, but the main problem with the game was Poe Poe and more poe! A 50% chance to expose is still very high and he is still going to go before 95% of the characters and still remove their turn meters and on top of that protect the high dps allies. So the meta will not change and people will still take advantage of this just to stay on top instead of offering a game with diversity and Keeping the game fresh with new character combinations. So although I am excited about allot of changes, I still feel that the overall game experience will be the same. It is a real shame when 1 character can completely alter the whole way a game is played and should probably be dealt with asap. And this is coming from someone with a 7* Poe.
    Agreed as well. Poe should've had his speed nerfed or his taunt should have had turn meter reduction removed. Eve with these changes, he would still be very good. With the proposed Poe changes, nothing really changed.
  • Where are his updated abilities available?
  • Embo
    39 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse Forgive me if this has been asked already, but it would be nice if players could filter characters by support, attackers, tanks, and healers. As progressively harder challenges become open, we'll have to be mindful of these subsets so we can successfully complete higher tier challenges as they open up. I noticed how I started ignoring a couple of my tanks from a training and gearing perspective when I tried to play the new tier that opened up to me and got effectively wiped out by Mace. I was like, "Oh yeah, I've ignored Teebo and the Royal Guard for a while." Once I beefed them up a bit, it was smooth sailing again. So a filter like that would be useful.

I would also like to comment about Asajj. Even with the bug fixes, I think she is a viable character and use her in arena and GW all the time. Yes, her speed isn't that great, but this is the way I look at it. First, her Rampage ability can grant her a 32.5% turn meter gain whenever anyone is defeated. Second, her regular attack can stun, which effectively wipes out one toon's turn meter. And, paired with Phasma's Victory March, she gets a nudge as well. I know the cooldown on Victory March is long, but that one time can make the difference. As far as the heal, I never relied on it to heal others, although I must say that was a nice bonus. I have Lumi and Daka for that.

She hits hard and her Strike Fear ability has turned the tide of battle in my favor, especially with a taunter like Poe or Chewie (who I see ALL the time in GW). I am planning on still using her after the bug fixes take place. Knowing her Strike Fear will be more reliable gives me the confidence that she will still be playable in the future.

And, hey, thanks for the thorough update. Kudos to you and the team.
  • Awesome update, guys. And just when I was starting to lose faith! <3
  • Kevon wrote: »

I was just thinking how funny it will be when it is not Yoda. OH THE UPROAR!

Could be Jedi Luke, or what everyone is really begging for, Resistance Leia!!! lol.

--Nud Stark--
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Free Energy Rewards
    • During 3 two hour periods of the day (12:00-14:00, 18:00-20:00, and 21:00-23:00, all in your local time) the player can collect additional bonus Energy through the Daily Activities menu.
    • This bonus Energy will only be available during those time windows and must be actively collected. The collection opportunity will not persist if the player comes in after the two hour window expires.
    • A countdown timer displays in Daily Activities to show when the next one will be available.

the wording leads me to believe this is does not include cantina energy. can you confirm? thanks, @EA_Jesse !!!!!!!!!
    mighty chlorians
  • So the general consensus seems to be pretty good effort on the update :) but everyone is sick of poe and he needs more nerfing :|

My one little gripe... Where is a bit of a buff for cad bane! :'(
  • [*]Fixed an issue where characters who were stunned showed no death animation when they were killed.

Yet does not fix that players who are stunned can dodge and deflect attacks. Sensible
  • Without any sort of change to Poe's speed (the rest of his taunt and expose, that's fine) I can tell you what's going to happen with the being able to see everyone's squad in arena because it's exactly what I'm going to do and what's going to happen to me.

I'm going to find teams without Poe in and target them. Anyone with Poe in, I'm staying away from. I don't have Poe in my team, I'm expecting to be targetted a lot more as a result.

I'll explain why using my last arena match. I loaded the battle, glanced away from my screen, before I knew it Poe and Sid went for their side and Luke had no health and was taken out with the next person attacking while I'm stuck trying to peg down Poe's health and allowing the high damage toons to have their fun. By the end of the first round I was 2 toons down and I quit the battle.

Say I'm complaining about Poe all you like rather than trying to counter him, but that doesn't change the fact that what I above is exactly what people will now do in arena. This is the only game in video game history I know of that has given a tank (and the best tank in the game) one of the fastest speed ratings in the game as well.
  • @EA_Jesse I'm a newer software developer and video game addict. Lemme just say I am actually blown away at the care and timely adjustments that have been made to this game. This game has received 3 large patches in a very short amount of time. Force awakens pack, lvl 70 pack and now the most impressive feat of nerfing poe adding "probably yoda" and making a set of updates that is near infinite. You guys have seriously raised the bar for the level of love and attention a properly made video game deserves. I'm just glad I got in on this game from the first week because my team rapes and based on the patch notes its only going to improve. I'm just blown away entirely. Please just take the devs and go on a weeklong vacation. You guys earned it.

As a 15+ year veteran software developer, you never really get a "vacation" they are a small team with a lot in their plate. I do not envy their job at all. We are seeing this update now as it passes QA but they will have to bust to get the next update on deadline plus bug fixes (still many to go)

theybare doing better with communication than most teams which is great. I just hope they get some new hires in the door.

Overall, the update is many steps in the right direction. Maybe they will have beer and pizza to relax lol. Then back on the bugs!
  • Great update guys!
  • Working in the art industry doing production I know they must be super busy and have a lot to do.
  • CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    I'm going to find teams without Poe in and target them. Anyone with Poe in, I'm staying away from. I don't have Poe in my team, I'm expecting to be targeted a lot more as a result.

Bingo!
    Same here. Both as an attacker and as when I'm attacked.

And it will feel like when I was playing PvP with Resistance Pilot and FOTP: fun when I was playing, but as soon as "logged out", just some minutes sufficed to see my rank drop steeply because people preferred to attack the lower powered team.
    Empire did nothing wrong
  • Great update in general, like the things coming.

Ventresss needed the party heal to be viable as some other heroes would attack twice before she acted once. Having a party heal gave her a viable spot on a Meta that only focuses on speed, and we all know that "Speed Kills." Hoping you can fix her rampage buff and restore her party heal or boost her base speed to make her an option in Arena battles. Thks for the hard work
  • Where are his updated abilities available?

The Thetans are keeping them hidden on Xenu, you must complete OT XIII to access them.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Dreamwalk3r
    101 posts Member
    edited February 2016
  • I am the all mighty Poe. Most dominant force in the galaxy. Bow down and add me to your squad or die in the 1st round like the others. Coin Flip your way into dominance.