QoL suggestions - (Merged Threads)

Prev13456
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited March 2017
Hiya.. this thread is reconstituted as it was accidentally merged into the mega thread. Forgive us, mistakes happen because we are human. :/

(Well not me.. I do not make mistakes because Wookiee. :D )

Cheers.

Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

  • OdinOakenshield
    306 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    With the focus on Quality of Life improvements there is one BIG elephant in the room that it being ignored. Yes mod swapping made easier, team presets, bug fixes and guild management as well as being able to play the account on both Android and iOS would all be great. You also have things like gear selling/crafting and easier gear management. However I think highest on most people’s list or right up there is arena payout at the set time. This all applies to both Ships as well as Squad arena as well as any possible future arenas.

    There are multiple issues with this first and foremost is the fact of the actual time it is. The 5/6/7 pm at your time zone is very hard. For a lot of people this is right around the time you are trying to drive home, picking up kids from school, or are sitting down having dinner with family. Forcing people to play then is very inconsiderate and a travesty to enjoying and quality of their life. For most people and the way it should be is family first. Now comes the next discussion, what is a good time? Therein lies the problem, everyone has different schedules and a different time will work best for everyone. Also what works during the week might not work at all during the weekend.

    So what do we do to change this? The answer that the players like the most would be to do it as highest position of the day. Now won’t this just mean more crystals for everyone decreasing revenue? Not necessarily, people will refresh arena attempts more to get those higher positions minimizing the crystal payouts. Also if people are enjoying the game more and playing in the arena more they will more likely spend crystals because they are having fun. Yes you might be paying out more crystals but that could very well be countered by more refreshes and money to gear/toons because they are enjoying the game more.

    Now if there is still large focus from developer side for a set payout time the next best option might be to allow people to pick their payout time. Let all current players change their payout time ONCE and all new players to pick their payout time when they first start in arena. After that you can charge crystals to change your payout time, could even tie free energy into this as well for people working overnight shifts. This allows people to pick a payout that fits their schedule and helps improve their quality of life in the game. This also still would help people that happen to move, change jobs or any other large life event to still play your game as it fits their life, but cannot play at payout time.

    All of this would help increase the player base, and as the player base increases so does the chance of them spending money. I know multiple that have quite due to this and I have had multiple friends that have inquired about the game as well. Once I told them about the set payout time for arena and the time that all have immediately decided to not even try the game because of family life. That right there is a lot of lost potential revenue. I hope that the increased payout in crystals has been weighed against all the lost payments of people quitting or not even installing the game in the first place.

    Please consider these proposals as it would significantly improve many peoples quality of life in the game and allow them to play the game more in their schedules instead of on yours. The free energy/shop refreshes do a good job of that already and I would not propose changing those as they will keep people logging into the game.


    Thanks,
    Concerned Player

    @CG_TopHat @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon


    From Whazn as another potential mix between the two I had:
    Just have it lock in your highest rank of the day on a per hour basis. Would let you do arena at whatever hour you choose. Payout would stay the same as there would still be only 24 top spots but it would let you do arena when it woks for you. Say one day it's noon and you battle to #1 and have the top spot when the clock hits noon, the server registers that and at 6pm it pays you out 500 crystals. Next day you take the top spot for the 4pm hour, same thing at 6pm you get paid out 500 crystals. Not sure who the 6pm time actually works for as that's usually commute home/dinner time.
    Post edited by OdinOakenshield on
  • Downvote +1
  • I agree the time associated with payouts is a big issue for me and for many others I know. I dont like being chsined to my phone at a set time. Only people that disagree that this is an issue must have a time that works well for them.
  • Tell all your friends to set their time zone so that they have an optimal arena payout before they start playing the game!
  • I don't think paying out based on your highest ranking is feasible, as most servers would just 'collude' to allow everyone to hit 1 at some point. However, I very much agree with your request to allow for payout time change, for all the reasons you list. This would have to be a 1 time option with any future changes requiring a fairly substantial crystal amount to keep people from just changing payouts daily to attempt to avoid sniping.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I think that would still end up costing CG more crystals. The max refresh anyone will do is probably one.

    I'm not opposed to the idea, I just don't see it happening.

    Hence the other suggestion if they still want to do a set time, allow people to pick the time. You will still get people doing refreshes to stay low just allows people to pick their payout time.

    It might on the highest of the day, but it wou
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Tell all your friends to set their time zone so that they have an optimal arena payout before they start playing the game!

    What happens if that is 9am? Then their free energy is in the middle of the night? Thats not much better of an option.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    EA has been silent on this topic, and in this case it is strange, given the demographic of many Star Wars fans with disposable income. We aren't teens and college kids. We are adults with jobs, children and lives. The payout times have always been tone deaf. I always wonder how many people have quit this game because their significant other glares at them every time they pick up their phone to defend in arena at dinner time? I know for me personally this is my current biggest issue with the game and likely why I may have to move on. Domestic Tranquility.

    @EA_Jesse - This topic has been raised many times and I have never seen any official comment on it. Has any thought been given to doing anything in the area of payout times (or arena formats)?
  • UltimateZeus
    1209 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Yeeeeeess!!

    In my opinion, the OPs suggested change would make this the best game ever. I love this game but having to sit around in 2 payout hours really sucks it out of you... especially when you have others in your same timezone. This means you can't play an hour before your payout and then go out for dinner or you'll get sniped.

    Yes, giving rewards based on highest rank for the day would result in more crystals but guess what... these are the same rewards that have been there since I have been playing a year ago. Since then we have many many more toons, higher levels, more gear to craft. We now have ships to buy, gear to buy, more events to refresh, etc. etc.

    With all the new content they should really be handing out some more crystals anyway. Like the OP said, people would spend more on refreshes. Right now I know a lot of people who never refresh because they can't play during their payout hour. They therefore just play a few battles during the day and don't care where they come. If they had the option of climbing, they would likely refresh once if not twice.

    EDIT: to add, many players are just casual players because they can't make their payout. They therefore just collect and don't worry too much about being competitive and are mostly F2P. This change would allow them the chance to become competitive and would likely promote more spending.
  • I like the idea of paying out your highest position of the day. But even if that isn't a possibility please please let us change our payout time at least once. Mine is at 5pm for squad and 6pm for ships. Totally inconvenient for my commute time and then making dinner and playing with daughter time. I'd love to be able to set them at like 2pm and 3pm or 3 and 4.
  • I agree with what you said. I think 6-7pm is not a good payout time for the reasons you just mentioned.
    I don't think there is a method to satisfy everyone, but shifting payouts 1-2h later than currently, would help out. It would also put a wrench for all those that changed their payout time by changing mobile timezone. It's unfair towards those that actually want to play on equal footing.
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    +1 OP

    You should get that option once a year or once every 6 months... It would also help the people that move to a totally different time zone and your free energy and payout times are suddenly at 3am as you find you can't viably play this game anymore. Ex: moving from America to Europe or Japan, or vice versa...
    Post edited by JPBrunel on
  • Agree with some comments that CG would probably not allow the highest position as payout as that would require less engagement from players...and they want you glued to this game as much as possible. Every additional second you spend means a better possibility of spending real cash.

    But being able to change your payout time like once every 6 months or something would be very nice. It would be funny since that would provide some unintended consequences...like you pick a time that 5 other active top 20 people on your shard pick.
  • I have just registered to say that this is absolutely brilliant idea!! Next to mod sets too
  • Kretek
    15 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    ..and they want you glued to this game as much as possible. Every additional second you spend means a better possibility of spending real cash.

    Exactly and right now you are glued at a fixed time for 30 minutes just to make sure nobody snipes you before clock stops ticking...annoying and discouraging

  • Kretek wrote: »

    Exactly and right now you are glued at a fixed time for 30 minutes just to make sure nobody snipes you before clock stops ticking...annoying and discouraging

    As someone who has been doing this for about 13 months, it is really starting to wear on me. Hopefully the dev team has something in mind since this sort of thing will lead to burnout for players.

    @CG_TopHat @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    9pm for arena and everything adjusted to it would be perfect

  • I completely agree. The current arena time format needs tweaking.

    I'd ideally like to see the 1st suggestion utilized which is highest payout of the day. There are already a lot of shard Mafias out there coordinating payouts, I don't think this would effect things too much, and if anything would be offset by others trying to climb into the 1 whole.

    The 2nd idea of a 1 time change to payout is also good. My payout is atrocious as it is at dinner time, and sitting on your phone playing a game with 3 kids is not a good example to be setting at the dinner table. So I do what I can with my battles and let it go, rarely refreshing arena with the current format.

    Also modset templates would be such a time saver!
  • EA has been silent on this topic, and in this case it is strange, given the demographic of many Star Wars fans with disposable income. We aren't teens and college kids. We are adults with jobs, children and lives. The payout times have always been tone deaf. I always wonder how many people have quit this game because their significant other glares at them every time they pick up their phone to defend in arena at dinner time? I know for me personally this is my current biggest issue with the game and likely why I may have to move on. Domestic Tranquility.

    @EA_Jesse - This topic has been raised many times and I have never seen any official comment on it. Has any thought been given to doing anything in the area of payout times (or arena formats)?

    Im getting very close. This will be why I quit the game. Not gear grind, not mods, it forced to play at a set time that is prime family time.
    Trevout wrote: »
    I don't think paying out based on your highest ranking is feasible, as most servers would just 'collude' to allow everyone to hit 1 at some point. However, I very much agree with your request to allow for payout time change, for all the reasons you list. This would have to be a 1 time option with any future changes requiring a fairly substantial crystal amount to keep people from just changing payouts daily to attempt to avoid sniping.

    I actually disagree. The shards that this will happen on and already do that so nothing will change there. What I think will happen more is the people that dont worry right now will start to climb. Then they will start to refresh to climb higher then start getting the bug to buy gear, mods, toons and start spending money.
  • There's a simple solution guys... Just move four time zones East of where you live now. Worked for me!
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • +1
    Give everybody one free chance to adjust their payout times. After that, charge $5 for each change, limited to once per xx weeks
  • djvita wrote: »
    9pm for arena and everything adjusted to it would be perfect

    Terrible time for me. I would prefer it to stay how it is. Basically there is no way to set a specific time and please everyone. You either need to let people choose their time or don't have a specific time at all (preferred).
  • EA has been silent on this topic, and in this case it is strange, given the demographic of many Star Wars fans with disposable income. We aren't teens and college kids. We are adults with jobs, children and lives. The payout times have always been tone deaf. I always wonder how many people have quit this game because their significant other glares at them every time they pick up their phone to defend in arena at dinner time? I know for me personally this is my current biggest issue with the game and likely why I may have to move on. Domestic Tranquility.

    @EA_Jesse - This topic has been raised many times and I have never seen any official comment on it. Has any thought been given to doing anything in the area of payout times (or arena formats)?

    Im getting very close. This will be why I quit the game. Not gear grind, not mods, it forced to play at a set time that is prime family time.
    Trevout wrote: »
    I don't think paying out based on your highest ranking is feasible, as most servers would just 'collude' to allow everyone to hit 1 at some point. However, I very much agree with your request to allow for payout time change, for all the reasons you list. This would have to be a 1 time option with any future changes requiring a fairly substantial crystal amount to keep people from just changing payouts daily to attempt to avoid sniping.

    I actually disagree. The shards that this will happen on and already do that so nothing will change there. What I think will happen more is the people that dont worry right now will start to climb. Then they will start to refresh to climb higher then start getting the bug to buy gear, mods, toons and start spending money.

    This.

    Already people collude to not battle each other during their payout times, etc. I'm not sure how this would make it any different. Also, not everyone does this and you'll always have people messing up the collusion :)
  • Just have it lock in your highest rank of the day on a per hour basis. Would let you do arena at whatever hour you choose. Payout would stay the same as there would still be only 24 top spots but it would let you do arena when it woks for you. Say one day it's noon and you battle to #1 and have the top spot when the clock hits noon, the server registers that and at 6pm it pays you out 500 crystals. Next day you take the top spot for the 4pm hour, same thing at 6pm you get paid out 500 crystals. Not sure who the 6pm time actually works for as that's usually commute home/dinner time.
  • -1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1
  • spotremix wrote: »
    -1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

    My guess is the people that hate this idea are people that are currently sitting in top 5 in arena and have an agreement with their shardmates to get into #1 every day.

    Other than that I don't see how this new system would not be beneficial to 98% of the customer base.
  • spotremix wrote: »
    -1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

    My guess is the people that hate this idea are people that are currently sitting in top 5 in arena and have an agreement with their shardmates to get into #1 every day.

    Other than that I don't see how this new system would not be beneficial to 98% of the customer base.

    No. The only people who hate the idea are trolls, because everyone in my 20 person shard chat does exactly what you say and we all HATE the current payout times.
  • spotremix wrote: »
    i am currently rank 238 last time i checked. not sure how. i haven't been in arena all week. payout should remain your time zone.

    Ok so then what is your reasoning for it staying the same other than just saying it should stay the same?
  • Great comments about payout time being less than optimal. I know that is when I am getting home from work and having family dinner. I almost completely ignore ship arena payout time because of this. Would nice nice to pick a payout time later in the day when you don't have other responsibilities.
  • Whazn wrote: »
    Just have it lock in your highest rank of the day on a per hour basis. Would let you do arena at whatever hour you choose. Payout would stay the same as there would still be only 24 top spots but it would let you do arena when it woks for you. Say one day it's noon and you battle to #1 and have the top spot when the clock hits noon, the server registers that and at 6pm it pays you out 500 crystals. Next day you take the top spot for the 4pm hour, same thing at 6pm you get paid out 500 crystals. Not sure who the 6pm time actually works for as that's usually commute home/dinner time.

    Ohhh this is a great mix of the two. Still have to do it at a set hour, but you can pick it each day. I'll add that into the mix in the original post
Sign In or Register to comment.