Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• The better you get the harder the game gets. It's ridiculous
  • No way to get ahead unless you spend thousands
  • The best way to deal with it is not have 1 good PvP party (which determines GW strength) and the rest to be bad. Initially when I capped, I kept my droid PvP party at a lower gear level on purpose. Now that I have multiple decent parties, I beat GW 95% of the times, if not more.

Also, be smart about things. Make sure you rotate characters to not have them at 0% TM when you use them later on.
  • I thought GW is based on your actual player level, not the quality and quantity of characters that you have?
  • Movonjedi wrote: »
    Totally agree. Very rarely do I beat even the third node.

Then you've got a big problem ... Not passing through the 9, 11 or 12, I understand but the 3rd.
  • Still needs to be some tuning. I honestly don't know if this is a legitimate team, but this team is literally unbeatable. at one point I triple crit gernal Kenobi for 48k using wiggs/qgj... Kenobi healed for 60k because of Zaris. I tried an Empire team, but between Zaris purging every turn and Chirrut turning all debuffs into Hot's every turn, there is no way to overcome Baris's zeta and actually remove health. Toss in a tank with an auto-taunt and retribution... you have basically what amounts to an unbeatable team.

assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/6834910/pics/original/3871565.jpg

To note, I'm normally able to finish GW, but there needs to be some sort of roster comparison. I'm F2P and while our guild is farming normal AAT in a couple hours, we have only attempted Heroic once. Most of the above characters, I have no access to even farm as f2p... how am I expected to compete with a team like that. I threw 4 squads of G9-G11 toons at them and never got a single character to 50% health.
  • Still needs to be some tuning. I honestly don't know if this is a legitimate team, but this team is literally unbeatable. at one point I triple crit gernal Kenobi for 48k using wiggs/qgj... Kenobi healed for 60k because of Zaris. I tried an Empire team, but between Zaris purging every turn and Chirrut turning all debuffs into Hot's every turn, there is no way to overcome Baris's zeta and actually remove health. Toss in a tank with an auto-taunt and retribution... you have basically what amounts to an unbeatable team.

To note, I'm normally able to finish GW, but there needs to be some sort of roster comparison. I'm F2P and while our guild is farming normal AAT in a couple hours, we have only attempted Heroic once. Most of the above characters, I have no access to even farm as f2p... how am I expected to compete with a team like that. I threw 4 squads of G9-G11 toons at them and never got a single character to 50% health.

@Stormy Your team in arena :smile:
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Still needs to be some tuning. I honestly don't know if this is a legitimate team, but this team is literally unbeatable. at one point I triple crit gernal Kenobi for 48k using wiggs/qgj... Kenobi healed for 60k because of Zaris. I tried an Empire team, but between Zaris purging every turn and Chirrut turning all debuffs into Hot's every turn, there is no way to overcome Baris's zeta and actually remove health. Toss in a tank with an auto-taunt and retribution... you have basically what amounts to an unbeatable team.

@BigDumbViking thats a little beauty we all call TiTo 3- the 3rd variation of Team Instinct Time Out. Havent been beat in arena since I turned it on.

@BulYwif who are you in my arena? ;)
  • Stormy wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Still needs to be some tuning. I honestly don't know if this is a legitimate team, but this team is literally unbeatable. at one point I triple crit gernal Kenobi for 48k using wiggs/qgj... Kenobi healed for 60k because of Zaris. I tried an Empire team, but between Zaris purging every turn and Chirrut turning all debuffs into Hot's every turn, there is no way to overcome Baris's zeta and actually remove health. Toss in a tank with an auto-taunt and retribution... you have basically what amounts to an unbeatable team.

@BigDumbViking thats a little beauty we all call TiTo 3- the 3rd variation of Team Instinct Time Out. Havent been beat in arena since I turned it on.

I'm not in your arena, I've just seen the name in the pic. I never really thought it was real players until then. I don't have the level to be on your arena :wink:
  • Stormy wrote: »

I work hard to maintain a top 100 arena rank... I don't have a single Zeta yet. Your team doesn't appear to be beatable... In arena it might be possible to stalemate because of the lack of serious damage... but you basically have the Floyd Mayweather of arena teams there... impenetrable defense...

Good for you... but for me to get stuck trying to climb that mountain with where I am gear and character wise as a F2P... it's ****.
  • Gokkus wrote: »
    The best way to deal with it is not have 1 good PvP party (which determines GW strength) and the rest to be bad. Initially when I capped, I kept my droid PvP party at a lower gear level on purpose. Now that I have multiple decent parties, I beat GW 95% of the times, if not more.

Also, be smart about things. Make sure you rotate characters to not have them at 0% TM when you use them later on. [/quote

Definitely this^^

I finally have won three in a row. I start with my arena team for first node, and switch the other three for the next four battles to set up turn meter. I go back to arena team for battle 6, and then get my arena squad back to full health, as they are only G7-G8 so they are usually a little hurt by then, in battle 10 and 11. Finally throw everything I got at 12. I have yet to fight a battle 12 that is less than 10 levels ahead of me so I do lose a fair amount of guys, but I have won 12 of my last 15 and 4 in a row now. I feel it's more important than arena now because of ships. If I start falling too close to 100 in arena, I'll have to rethink my strategy. I got whooped today in arena by a team with Dooku. As I started in early January of this year, I've never even faced a Dooku in arena.
  • I know it has been said so many times about the war, but seriously encountering Zeta teams when I don't have a single zeta is making this game not fun. Encountering teams with General Kenobi when my guild can't even do Heroic Rancor is just plain stupid. I thought it was supposed to be balanced around your team strength, not "hey lets slaughter you every other day" Please balance the game a bit more in the Galactic War. If anything will make me quit this game, the constant not being able to scratch teams I go up against is wearing me down.
  • A great QoL improvement would be to fix GW. It's far too time consuming and frustrating, yet it is essential to get credits and shards. Even being able to beat it often so much time is wasted trying to do so. It is not any fun anymore. Especially when they drop a ridiculously overpowered squad on node 6 that burns 2 or 3 of your teams just to get through it, leaving you with no chance to finish the GW.
  • But my guild-listed power has been 46909 for a while now. I'm not gearing up the top guys at the moment, so if I go another week and still no easy 12, I'll try as you suggest and see what happens. I know I'm close; my N12 is stacked with super tanks. Loaded Baze, Shore, Aayla, JKA today.
    BTW, Baze+Shore is a horribly ineffective combo. Given the choice, I would much rather hit Shore than deal with all the Baze counters.

Meh, no easy node 12 for me today. Nothing changed on my end. My top five are still at 47,040. I've been having easy node 12s for a few weeks now. Today? GK(L), Zariss, Baze, Shore, RG. And that was after tough nodes at 6, 9, and 10 that chewed through a few teams. I gots nothing zeta'd up yep and only a few gear 11s. So I really don't have an answer for that team even if I hit the node with everybody healthy.

• Movonjedi wrote: »
    The better you get the harder the game gets. It's ridiculous

Yea, this is my biggest complaint about GW. As you improve your roster, you find days where GW becomes much harder. And the rewards do not scale with the difficulty. I wouldn't mind the harder so much if the rewards improved.
  • I couldn't agree more with this. Only been playing for a month and a half and have definitely made mistakes but I have two viable teams in the high 50s / low 60s and they can't scratch the team of 72s with two seven stars I just got pitted against in the second to last battle. Two of my characters didn't even get to go and the remaining three barely scratched the shields off of their lowest ranked character. How is this fun at all?

These things are vitally important for obtaining squad arena currency and the only viable alternative for us F2Pers. Remember EA, you need us F2Pers so your whales have someone to beat up on.
  • Since hitting 81 (I'm 83 now) I've encountered only 1 zeta team and it was an all 85 g10-11 qgj team, luckily my empire team all had turn meter advantage so I was able to beat them without any problems. I was lucky though as qgj had the only zeta on the team and he didn't have gk. I think I've been lucky so far cuz none of my toons are higher than g9 atm so my power isn't that high for my level.
  • i haven't lost galaxy war in so long i can't remember. i have zero zeta's ad well.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Stormy wrote: »

I work hard to maintain a top 100 arena rank... I don't have a single Zeta yet. Your team doesn't appear to be beatable... In arena it might be possible to stalemate because of the lack of serious damage... but you basically have the Floyd Mayweather of arena teams there... impenetrable defense...

Good for you... but for me to get stuck trying to climb that mountain with where I am gear and character wise as a F2P... it's ****.

I hear ya - my arena rank is slipping day by day - the gear crunch has become insane.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Traybor wrote: »
    But my guild-listed power has been 46909 for a while now. I'm not gearing up the top guys at the moment, so if I go another week and still no easy 12, I'll try as you suggest and see what happens. I know I'm close; my N12 is stacked with super tanks. Loaded Baze, Shore, Aayla, JKA today.
    BTW, Baze+Shore is a horribly ineffective combo. Given the choice, I would much rather hit Shore than deal with all the Baze counters.

Meh, no easy node 12 for me today. Nothing changed on my end. My top five are still at 47,040. I've been having easy node 12s for a few weeks now. Today? GK(L), Zariss, Baze, Shore, RG. And that was after tough nodes at 6, 9, and 10 that chewed through a few teams. I gots nothing zeta'd up yep and only a few gear 11s. So I really don't have an answer for that team even if I hit the node with everybody healthy.

This is the problem with GW that the Dev team is just not wanting to listen to.

Challenging is one thing - but what you describe here is all the more common amoung us players - it's impossible, and the Dev team don't care.

Pretty poor if you ask me.
  • You guys need patience! I too faced the impossible nodes 11 and 12 not so long ago... My arena team was super developed while my roster wasn't... As time passed and i grew my roster stronger, GW became fairly easy. Send 5 different teams in the 5 first nodes and there's a great chance you'll complete it!

If your only farming your 5 arena toons to be competitive all you need to do is wait and progress your other toons... Eventually it will be easily beatable. It's a progression game folks.

As for the easy 12 node, i have that easy last node since i had 48k power (51k atm), but it didn't mattered cause i couldn't get passed node 11 most of the times.... So i farmed rebels, droids and empire... Now i beat GW everyday, no exceptions, by using this strategy of sending 5 different teams in the 5 first nodes...

If a node it's too hard, change some 1-2 toons and try again... Retreat it's a blessing.

I know what many of guys are going through... I've been there too... But don't try rushing things up, be patience and things will eventually work.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    If you guys search in the early pages you'll see me posting enraged cause GW was **** and needed fixing asap and i was so angry back then lol... So all you guys need it's patience and 3-5 teams g8-g10.
  • So I decided, that I would weaken my arena Team in order to get through GW. Arena strength is now 29k (former 40k). Also won an arena fight with this team. Started a fresh new GW. Facing teams on Node 6 (20% better), Node 9 (30%) and Node 12 (70% better).
    It got worse weakening your arena team.
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    So all you guys need it's patience and 3-5 teams g8-g10.

When I had that, 3-5 teams g8-g10, I had no problem completing every day. Now that I have some characters at g11 with a total of around 50 characters at 7* and g8+, I find that I can't complete GW a third of the time.

So have patience, you might find still that it becomes a lot tougher. ;-)

• I do not know how should I name this correctlly in accordance to the game mechanics, but please remove the AI rng advantage from galactic war battles. In arena I can choose whom to fight and fleet arena is just 1 autobattle per day, but GW is 12 **** battles per day.
    @CG_JohnSalera said
    it’s meant to be hard!
    , but GW isn't hard, it's boring! The only real hard thing about it is the last node, if the game decides that I have to face a maxed out team of pay-only chars. In all other cases the game artificially strengthens an enemy by providing some advantages in the (most noticable) form of raised dodge and special chances. That gives zero challenge as I can simply replay the batlle enough times to get the acceptable outcome. But it greatly lengthens the GW to the point of skipping it entirely. Being forced to skip a part of the game greatly reduces the desire to play the game at all.
    I don't see many gameplay changes from the devs despite a lot of feedback on certain topics, but maybe...

About
    there is no AI advantage
    A short story. For a rather long time while leveling I was greatly annoyed with Dooku. I had no means to kill him outright, so suffered from counters. Each counter had a long double attack animation and debuffs on my mostly jedi squad. I was wondering for what reason devs hadn't made this attack a single animation double-swing. After I leveled enough and began to gather a good arena team, I started to read SWGH databases info on each char. And I was completely surprised to find out that Dooku has only 50% chance for his double attack! Single attacks from him indeed happen, but at least for my battles it's like 5% chance.
  • I don't use JC, Bariss, or Luminara. Only Ewok Elder. His heal/revive keeps my A-team going. With a droid B-team and a First order team for cleanup, I almost always finish GW's.
  • So more GW fun, I have not increased my arena teams power at all, only been gearing up more toons, but none anywhere near my top ten, and today I have hit maxed teams from node 4 on. This is just asinine. Like we all said challenging is one thing, but when the AI wipes out your entire team, that has turn meter, in one go the game is broken. The amount of frustration in GW is foolish. Fix it.
  • GW is no fun anymore

Allowing people to complete even 25% of the time would be reasonable

Early players will never enjoy this since it has become prohibitively difficult

I understand you want to make money but you will loose your free play base if you continue to bait and switch functionality

Case point GW difficulty and GW ability to purchase ally points

Sure it's all easy for vet advanced players but these changes have really limited be enjoyment for many of us
  • GW woes of a new player:

I have played SWGOH for a month now. I am level 56 and have spent approximately $400.00 on the game to date. I have an average arena team, light team, and dark team. I am confused by the developers stated intent that GW should be hard, but winnable. In my mind that equates to being able to win at least 20% of the time.

I tend to be fairly skilled at these types of games, but I must confess I cannot win a GW. In fact I submit, with my current stable of characters and the scaling difficulty algorithm it is mathematically virtually impossible for me to win (about 1/1000 chance even when retreating, rotating characters, etc.) This does not seem to be in line with the developers intent.

I typically hit three nodes where the opposition is at least three levels higher, 1-2 stars higher, and 1-2 gear levels higher, plus mods. If I engage these teams with my alpha squad it will be destroyed and I do not have a viable second or third squad. It would not matter if my turn meters were all full and theirs were all empty at the start of the fight-- I would still be wiped out. I can get past the first such node using trash squads to weaken the enemy and deplete their cool downs before I deploy my alpha. The last two nodes are completely out of reach.

I am further frustrated by the fact that all of the GW how to win videos are about six months out of date, and are all filmed by players who are level 85 with 100% max star and max gear squads using highly specific characters relatively new players will not have. There is not a single video or guide that I can find anywhere showing how a 4-5 star team, at Gear Level VI, with level 50 characters can win a GW.

This is upsetting, as the GW feature is the thing I find most interesting about them game. Any suggestions as to how a player with my characters and gear could win a GW would be appreciated, but I suspect there is no solution. I have images of my character stable but do not see a way to add the files to this post.