QoL suggestions - (Merged Threads)

Replies

  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    I don't have the issue of poor payout times. My times are at 6pm and 7pm or 7pm and 8pm depending on daylight savings.

    But whatever works for the masses.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Or a simple solution. Allow individual to set their payout to whatever they want every 6 months. It will make payout times more balanced too. Some non-north American users have it easy as they don't have a lot of competition during their payout
  • +1
    This is a signature.
  • The actual "payout" time could remain the same but instead of rewarding based on your current ranking it can be based on the highest rank in the last 24 hours like OP suggested.
  • Easiest and most fair fix for arena payout is easy....

    You get rewarded for the highest rank you achieved during the day
  • Kyno
    23957 posts Moderator
    The whole participation award in arena defeats the purpose. There is no competition if anyone can place first at any time.

    Sorry but you can't tell me that this will not lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. Let's fosuc on the times stated by the OP. 6-7-8, let's say you have 5 people in each of those timezones, well you just went from 3 to 15. That's a huge increase, that will not be recovered by refreshes. Yes they are all not a big increase from 2 to 1 is not that much, but 5 to 1 is. Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.
  • there may be more crystal payout however, more people would also be more inclined to spend on gear. Let's face it. Few ppl refresh arena vice gear/mods. the OP idea also works well for those working rotating 12 hour days. These ppl generally have fairly high incomes and spend consistently.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The whole participation award in arena defeats the purpose. There is no competition if anyone can place first at any time.

    Sorry but you can't tell me that this will not lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. Let's fosuc on the times stated by the OP. 6-7-8, let's say you have 5 people in each of those timezones, well you just went from 3 to 15. That's a huge increase, that will not be recovered by refreshes. Yes they are all not a big increase from 2 to 1 is not that much, but 5 to 1 is. Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.

    My thoughts exactly. There still needs to be a competition.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The whole participation award in arena defeats the purpose. There is no competition if anyone can place first at any time.

    Sorry but you can't tell me that this will not lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. Let's fosuc on the times stated by the OP. 6-7-8, let's say you have 5 people in each of those timezones, well you just went from 3 to 15. That's a huge increase, that will not be recovered by refreshes. Yes they are all not a big increase from 2 to 1 is not that much, but 5 to 1 is. Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.

    No one is saying it won't lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. It will. It will also promote people to actually spend more money as everyone that can't play during those payout times will now be able to be more competitive.

    Also I don't see how this will change competition. Everyone in the top 10 on our shard comes first at some point in the day during their payout hour and we don't have too many people with overlapping timezones. The crystal payouts in the top 10 of my shard will therefore not change. I actually think it will promote more competition as then no one knows if you are suddenly going to get knocked down. There is no competition currently as everyone has come to know everyone else's payout time.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The whole participation award in arena defeats the purpose. There is no competition if anyone can place first at any time.

    Sorry but you can't tell me that this will not lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. Let's fosuc on the times stated by the OP. 6-7-8, let's say you have 5 people in each of those timezones, well you just went from 3 to 15. That's a huge increase, that will not be recovered by refreshes. Yes they are all not a big increase from 2 to 1 is not that much, but 5 to 1 is. Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.

    My thoughts exactly. There still needs to be a competition.

    There will still be the same amount of competition... unless you define competition as clock blocking... but I prefer seeing that as more of an irritation and being lucky with time.
  • You should really get to pick your payout when you start, but you shouldn't let people change it. Ever. People who have agreements with shardmates now in the top 10 could all just pick different timed payouts so that each person could sit at 1 for their newly picked payout. Don't think it's going to change, but at least give newcomers the ability to pick a time for payout, and give them the recommended 6pm if they don't pick or don't care. It'd be too easy for experienced players to change to an easier payout for them now if we were allowed to switch it.
  • Whazn wrote: »
    Just have it lock in your highest rank of the day on a per hour basis. Would let you do arena at whatever hour you choose. Payout would stay the same as there would still be only 24 top spots but it would let you do arena when it woks for you. Say one day it's noon and you battle to #1 and have the top spot when the clock hits noon, the server registers that and at 6pm it pays you out 500 crystals. Next day you take the top spot for the 4pm hour, same thing at 6pm you get paid out 500 crystals. Not sure who the 6pm time actually works for as that's usually commute home/dinner time.

    Ohhh this is a great mix of the two. Still have to do it at a set hour, but you can pick it each day. I'll add that into the mix in the original post

    +1
    it just can be hour frame in which you make your first battle for this day
  • Easiest and most fair fix for arena payout is easy....

    You get rewarded for the highest rank you achieved during the day

    +1
  • This thread needs to stay bumped! Excellent argument that was made by the OP and I hope the staff will consider making adjustments to payout times. Too many people have lost interest and/or quit because of the rigid schedule required for this game. The majority of people that have 6pm free are likely unemployed or students; not exactly your big spenders.

    The endless aggravation near payout time took a toll on my family relationships and on my opinion of this game. I had to quit fighting for payout because it simply was not worth the stress and fury it induced. I never spend crystals to refresh arena anymore.

    I know there will be some complainers about a new system, but I believe most people will welcome the change. It will only lead to good faith between CG and the user base.

    In a new PvP economy, competition will not be removed from the payout process, but the competition will be more balanced. Instead of 15/50 people fighting for the same payout time, the competition will be dispersed more equitably.

  • Manowar wrote: »
    The endless aggravation near payout time took a toll on my family relationships and on my opinion of this game. I had to quit fighting for payout because it simply was not worth the stress and fury it induced. I never spend crystals to refresh arena anymore.

    lol, I can relate to that! Many times recently I've heard "are you getting mad at that stupid star wars game again?" from my wife after some "exuberant grumbling" after an arena loss near payout. It's getting to the point where I'm not going to bother because the scramble at payout annoys me, and it's **** off my wife. I'd really love a system where it awarded your highest finish during the day. That or let me move the time earlier so I can grumble in my car or at my desk during a lunch break...alone. :smiley:
  • +1. 5,6,7 pm is family time. this is ultimately what will cause me to exit the game. my wife glares whenever i pick up the phone. I manage to get top 5 most days by sneaking in an attack, but really, are CG/EA trying to get me divorced? let me pick my time. 9 pm, please, when most grown ups do their daily optional tasks.
  • I would like to see something change with the arena payout times but I'm not sure what the change needs to be. Having to login while getting my kids ready for bed every night kind of sucks.

    I actually don't care as much about the ships arena because of this. The pvp arena is much more important with the crystal payouts so I prioritize that and just hope that my ships team holds a high enough level.

    It's just funny to think that I have been logging into a game for well over a year straight everyday around 6 PM.....
  • How about implementing a payout button. Once you have reached the desired rank, you click the payout button and receive the reward for that rank. After that, the payout button is on a 24 hour countdown.
  • spotremix wrote: »
    i am currently rank 238 last time i checked. not sure how. i haven't been in arena all week. payout should remain your time zone.

    Ok so then what is your reasoning for it staying the same other than just saying it should stay the same?

    what a lazy idea it is. so let's say i wake up at 8am do an arena battle and make rank 1. well i'm done according to this new idea. no reason for me to do anything else in arena that day and hell might as well fall down 200 spots won't matter because i made rank one and will receive rank one payout.

    the easy part is offense. defense and letting ai control your team while your away is the hard part. payout should be what rank you are at payout time.

  • The arena is fine. It has some haters, but arena rank/arena team have come to be the metric of this game. Nothing to change.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • CG give us plenty of crystals, besides, its their main stream of revenue.

    Quality if life for the fame for me would be to update the credit prizes.

    The credits players got for prizes everywhere when there was no mods and lvl cap was 60 was fine.

    But now the cap is 85 and with mods and new characters being added all the time, the credit prizes need to be adjusted to meet the inflation of credit cost to run your account.

    And by this I mean double the credit prizes EVERYWHERE for players but not until they hit lvl 80 , as the credit prizes are fine until you hit the lvl 80 mark , as that's when the credit crunch really starts

    I believe many will agree
  • spotremix wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    i am currently rank 238 last time i checked. not sure how. i haven't been in arena all week. payout should remain your time zone.

    Ok so then what is your reasoning for it staying the same other than just saying it should stay the same?

    what a lazy idea it is. so let's say i wake up at 8am do an arena battle and make rank 1. well i'm done according to this new idea. no reason for me to do anything else in arena that day and hell might as well fall down 200 spots won't matter because i made rank one and will receive rank one payout.

    the easy part is offense. defense and letting ai control your team while your away is the hard part. payout should be what rank you are at payout time.

    To this point however, now you are 200 and you have to do even more work the next day if you want to get a first payout. It does not change the competition and working to keep rank, this just allows you to manage it to your schedule not have a game dictate what you need to do and when. Hence a great quality of life improvement.
  • I'd let people pick their payout times but then that should affect your refresh times too. It should stay the same, for example if you pick a 9 oclock arena payout then your last energy refresh is at midnight and so forth. Everything in your game should change if you want to change your payout times.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    I have an idea,
    What if the payout was tied to the daily activities?
    Specifically the 'Complete all' one?

    That way there would be no 'sniping' or deliberate time wasting in arena to hold position at certain times.
    And as a plus for the money guys, they wouldn't be giving freebies to people who go idle for a day/week/month etc. (Which in theory would cover any increase in rewards that end up be given to the more active players)
  • 7AnimalMother
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    spotremix wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    i am currently rank 238 last time i checked. not sure how. i haven't been in arena all week. payout should remain your time zone.

    Ok so then what is your reasoning for it staying the same other than just saying it should stay the same?

    what a lazy idea it is. so let's say i wake up at 8am do an arena battle and make rank 1. well i'm done according to this new idea. no reason for me to do anything else in arena that day and hell might as well fall down 200 spots won't matter because i made rank one and will receive rank one payout.

    the easy part is offense. defense and letting ai control your team while your away is the hard part. payout should be what rank you are at payout time.

    To this point however, now you are 200 and you have to do even more work the next day if you want to get a first payout. It does not change the competition and working to keep rank, this just allows you to manage it to your schedule not have a game dictate what you need to do and when. Hence a great quality of life improvement.

    I'd just like to point out that on many shards (certainly mine) no one outside the top 20 cracks top 5 because their squads/mods are incapable of beating those teams sitting at the top. So all this worry about suddenly a whole lot more people getting significantly larger payouts is not really a concern.

    The bottom line is the payout times are horrible. Regardless of how EA would address it (the OP solution or something else), if they actually DID address it, it would be a huge boon to the vast majority of the player base.
  • Kyno
    23957 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    The whole participation award in arena defeats the purpose. There is no competition if anyone can place first at any time.

    Sorry but you can't tell me that this will not lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. Let's fosuc on the times stated by the OP. 6-7-8, let's say you have 5 people in each of those timezones, well you just went from 3 to 15. That's a huge increase, that will not be recovered by refreshes. Yes they are all not a big increase from 2 to 1 is not that much, but 5 to 1 is. Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.

    No one is saying it won't lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. It will. It will also promote people to actually spend more money as everyone that can't play during those payout times will now be able to be more competitive.

    Also I don't see how this will change competition. Everyone in the top 10 on our shard comes first at some point in the day during their payout hour and we don't have too many people with overlapping timezones. The crystal payouts in the top 10 of my shard will therefore not change. I actually think it will promote more competition as then no one knows if you are suddenly going to get knocked down. There is no competition currently as everyone has come to know everyone else's payout time.

    What you are describing is exactly what would happen to everyone. No specific time to payout, then no competition.

    You would all learn when someone is moving up and then your in the same boat.
    Kyno wrote: »
    The whole participation award in arena defeats the purpose. There is no competition if anyone can place first at any time.

    Sorry but you can't tell me that this will not lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. Let's fosuc on the times stated by the OP. 6-7-8, let's say you have 5 people in each of those timezones, well you just went from 3 to 15. That's a huge increase, that will not be recovered by refreshes. Yes they are all not a big increase from 2 to 1 is not that much, but 5 to 1 is. Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.

    My thoughts exactly. There still needs to be a competition.

    There will still be the same amount of competition... unless you define competition as clock blocking... but I prefer seeing that as more of an irritation and being lucky with time.

    But that's a "strategy" that fits the rules set up by the game. Once you open things up to whenever you want, then Noone is trying to reach for the same goal...some guy just wakes up and before work jumps up to #1. Someone else does it right before they go to bed. You would learn the "busy" time and just avoid that. Kicking a ball in an open net isn't as hard as when you have someone in the goal.
  • spotremix wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    i am currently rank 238 last time i checked. not sure how. i haven't been in arena all week. payout should remain your time zone.

    Ok so then what is your reasoning for it staying the same other than just saying it should stay the same?

    what a lazy idea it is. so let's say i wake up at 8am do an arena battle and make rank 1. well i'm done according to this new idea. no reason for me to do anything else in arena that day and hell might as well fall down 200 spots won't matter because i made rank one and will receive rank one payout.

    the easy part is offense. defense and letting ai control your team while your away is the hard part. payout should be what rank you are at payout time.

    Your argument makes no sense. For the entire day you will then be attacked and you'll have to try work your way up the next day. Doesn't matter when you get to #1.
  • There are already 24 different payout times based on where the players in your shard are from. This does not change that to include More payout times, it just lets you pick which one of the 24 works best for you.
  • The arena is fine. It has some haters, but arena rank/arena team have come to be the metric of this game. Nothing to change.

    Just because the game is doing something now, doesn't mean it's the best or correct way to do it and doesn't mean it has to stay that way.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    The whole participation award in arena defeats the purpose. There is no competition if anyone can place first at any time.

    Sorry but you can't tell me that this will not lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. Let's fosuc on the times stated by the OP. 6-7-8, let's say you have 5 people in each of those timezones, well you just went from 3 to 15. That's a huge increase, that will not be recovered by refreshes. Yes they are all not a big increase from 2 to 1 is not that much, but 5 to 1 is. Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.

    No one is saying it won't lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. It will. It will also promote people to actually spend more money as everyone that can't play during those payout times will now be able to be more competitive.

    Also I don't see how this will change competition. Everyone in the top 10 on our shard comes first at some point in the day during their payout hour and we don't have too many people with overlapping timezones. The crystal payouts in the top 10 of my shard will therefore not change. I actually think it will promote more competition as then no one knows if you are suddenly going to get knocked down. There is no competition currently as everyone has come to know everyone else's payout time.

    What you are describing is exactly what would happen to everyone. No specific time to payout, then no competition.

    You would all learn when someone is moving up and then your in the same boat.
    Kyno wrote: »
    The whole participation award in arena defeats the purpose. There is no competition if anyone can place first at any time.

    Sorry but you can't tell me that this will not lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. Let's fosuc on the times stated by the OP. 6-7-8, let's say you have 5 people in each of those timezones, well you just went from 3 to 15. That's a huge increase, that will not be recovered by refreshes. Yes they are all not a big increase from 2 to 1 is not that much, but 5 to 1 is. Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.

    My thoughts exactly. There still needs to be a competition.

    There will still be the same amount of competition... unless you define competition as clock blocking... but I prefer seeing that as more of an irritation and being lucky with time.

    But that's a "strategy" that fits the rules set up by the game. Once you open things up to whenever you want, then Noone is trying to reach for the same goal...some guy just wakes up and before work jumps up to #1. Someone else does it right before they go to bed. You would learn the "busy" time and just avoid that. Kicking a ball in an open net isn't as hard as when you have someone in the goal.

    Clock blocking is not strategy and I'm sure 99% of people will agree with me.
Sign In or Register to comment.