Could we see Darth Plagueis?

13Next

Replies

• spotremix wrote: »
    @spotremix

You miss that Sidious didnt know about Anakin until he sees him with Padme and the Jedis coming to Corouscant the first time. (You can read that in the book named Darth Plagueis) Im sorry but your theory lacks at some point

that's fine. not my theory anyway. just the theory i hold to be true from what i've read including the bit of information you mentioned that i already knew of but was irrelevant to my comment.

it's debatable whether he knew of anakin or not. remember so much of him was a public acting job. he kept his true feelings and knowledge hidden until the end. he could have been pretending to not know him.

now that part is my own expansion from what i've already read.

great part of star wars is all the theories and speculations the fans have :)

If I remember right, he was in thoughts about QGJ (Because Plagueis was interested in him) when seeing him, so he didnt have to pretend he did not know about Anakin. Furthermore he had a bad feeling at that time and guessed it was because Plagueis (who was also present at that time) might know about Maul. Not like he felt that Vader will be doing his 3-Point-Shot in the Galactic-All-Star-Game with him^^ For me this is another hint, that he didnt have plans with Anakin at this time.

Just my 2 Cents on everybody knows better than everybody else, but me ;) If you are fine with the other theory, im fine with it too.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    Ep 8

nope. Disney will do everything they can to avoid referencing the prequels

Sry I didnt know you are working for Disney.

Or

Source please

Source: all of TFA and rogue one.

Did you ever see a single reference to anything in the prequels from TFA or Rogue One? Disney absolutely worships the original trilogy and they'll do everything they can to recreate them. The prequel trilogy has one of the worst reputations in movie history due to the poor filmmaking involved and disappointment from fans. Jj abrams frequently stated in interviews how much he tried to keep the TFA from referencing the prequels (especially midichlorians).

Despite what you might hear from these forums, people (especially the people in charge of the new movies) do not like the prequels. They are objectively poorly made movies. The only people who like them like them because they've researched material outside the canon. They like the subject matter of the prequels because of their context and how it fits inside of a larger universe, not because of the (lack of) quality. They are willing to overlook the poor writing, production, and acting because the context makes up for it.

Disney wants to make passively entertaining movies that Joe Shmo can watch and appreciate without having to read a bunch of books or articles on wookiepedia. If they reference the prequels, they lose that because that information is far more complicated and less iconic than the material from the original trilogy. Most people have no idea who plagueis is, or who plo koon is. Most people dont remember kit fisto, ki adi mundi, darth tyranus, darth sidious, shmi skywalker, or poggle the lesser. They might remember the robot with four arms, the black guy played by sam jackson, the liam neeson character, that one chick with the fancy clothes, or silver boba fett, but not why they matter, what their motivations are, or their personalities (well i guess they have no personality).

It's that why people love QGJ, Maul, General Kenobi, the Clones and Jedi Anakin? All are in this game btw... Also people absolutely LOVE Jango Fett...

Im not talking about those character's inclusion in the game. Im talking about the movies.
  • Guest wrote: »
    Disney own SW and Disney said that the other stories non made by Lucas were not relevant to SW universe, so it seems they've got plan for some chars invented by Lucas but negligeted by some other stories.

Maybe we'll see Plaeguis in SW8, after all Supreme Leader Snoke could be him, surviving what Palp did to him and returning to control the entire universe.

Actually I just had a conversation with a guy at work saying this very thing that snoke could be plaeguis somehow. As for in the game the more characters the better...just as long as he isn't a premium have to pay for....like I am expecting the inevitable Padme Amidala/Naboo/ NSF Pilot Pack will be.
  • spotremix wrote: »
    @spotremix

You miss that Sidious didnt know about Anakin until he sees him with Padme and the Jedis coming to Corouscant the first time. (You can read that in the book named Darth Plagueis) Im sorry but your theory lacks at some point

that's fine. not my theory anyway. just the theory i hold to be true from what i've read including the bit of information you mentioned that i already knew of but was irrelevant to my comment.

it's debatable whether he knew of anakin or not. remember so much of him was a public acting job. he kept his true feelings and knowledge hidden until the end. he could have been pretending to not know him.

now that part is my own expansion from what i've already read.

great part of star wars is all the theories and speculations the fans have :)

If I remember right, he was in thoughts about QGJ (Because Plagueis was interested in him) when seeing him, so he didnt have to pretend he did not know about Anakin. Furthermore he had a bad feeling at that time and guessed it was because Plagueis (who was also present at that time) might know about Maul. Not like he felt that Vader will be doing his 3-Point-Shot in the Galactic-All-Star-Game with him^^ For me this is another hint, that he didnt have plans with Anakin at this time.

Just my 2 Cents on everybody knows better than everybody else, but me ;) If you are fine with the other theory, im fine with it too.

i'm always willing to listen to other people's theories. with everything i've always read and come across this forum is the first i've seen suggesting he didn't know about anakin in the beginning. so it's both interesting and a bit of a surprise to me.

• I looked it up and sum it up like this

Plagueis and Sidious are talking about politics, when Padme comes to Coruscant. Plagueis doesnt want to accompany Sidious to welcome her, because QGJ and Kenobi are still with her and they could feel the dark side if he and Plagueis would meet them together.

Next Chapter; 1 day later
    Sidious is talking to Dooku who is still a Jedi:
    Dooku: QGJ brought a former slave from Naboo.. ..QGJ thinks he is the chosen One.
    Sid thinks: 9 years old. Born by the force. Is this possible? Anakin slept a night in my appartment and I didnt feel anything.
  • that's interesting but i'm still convinced sid knew of anakin from the beginning.

i hold the opinion sidious created anakin through the force. the only other possible theory i would be willing to entertain at this time is plagueis created anakin and sid didn't know about it. so when he first stumbled across he really didn't know about anakin but then he figured it out.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? I thought not, it's not a story CG would tell you.

spotremix wrote: »
    that's interesting but i'm still convinced sid knew of anakin from the beginning.

i hold the opinion sidious created anakin through the force. the only other possible theory i would be willing to entertain at this time is plagueis created anakin and sid didn't know about it. so when he first stumbled across he really didn't know about anakin but then he figured it out.

Always the possibility Shmi was drunk or otherwise had memory loss.
  • I made a kit for Plagueis. Look on my profile to see it if you want to
  • Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    Ep 8

Or

Source please

Did you ever see a single reference to anything in the prequels from TFA or Rogue One? Disney absolutely worships the original trilogy and they'll do everything they can to recreate them. The prequel trilogy has one of the worst reputations in movie history due to the poor filmmaking involved and disappointment from fans. Jj abrams frequently stated in interviews how much he tried to keep the TFA from referencing the prequels (especially midichlorians).

Despite what you might hear from these forums, people (especially the people in charge of the new movies) do not like the prequels. They are objectively poorly made movies. The only people who like them like them because they've researched material outside the canon. They like the subject matter of the prequels because of their context and how it fits inside of a larger universe, not because of the (lack of) quality. They are willing to overlook the poor writing, production, and acting because the context makes up for it.

Disney wants to make passively entertaining movies that Joe Shmo can watch and appreciate without having to read a bunch of books or articles on wookiepedia. If they reference the prequels, they lose that because that information is far more complicated and less iconic than the material from the original trilogy. Most people have no idea who plagueis is, or who plo koon is. Most people dont remember kit fisto, ki adi mundi, darth tyranus, darth sidious, shmi skywalker, or poggle the lesser. They might remember the robot with four arms, the black guy played by sam jackson, the liam neeson character, that one chick with the fancy clothes, or silver boba fett, but not why they matter, what their motivations are, or their personalities (well i guess they have no personality).

Too long. Didnt read. But im no agree.

The entire internet summed up right here
  • KLCS21 wrote: »
    Ep 8

Or

Source please

The entire internet summed up right here

Accurate. So I was rereading some of this, and just wanted to point out that Palpatine was the one who created Anakin according to Darth Vader Issue 25, which is canon. So Palps did know about Anakin, contradicting parts of the Darth Plagueis book.
  • Nozone2016 wrote: »
    Yeah that's how I'd imagine the toon... if ever there was a perfect match, Plagueis was all about beating death
    Ep 8

Or

Source please

Given how long you took to answer, you read it, and you wept - as your faith in the prequels was crushed!
  • Wow... check the post dates, this thread got necro'd twice. That's gotta be a record.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.