Suggestion: Allow Player to Pick Unit from Ally Roster

Instead of selecting the highest power hero from your ally's roster, I would like to suggest instead that the player can select from their entire roster. Alternatively, players should be able to put up 3 heroes for their allies to use in support slots (if you don't like the entire roster suggestion from a design or implementation perspective). Thanks.

Replies

• I agree. The current system is lame.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    I can see where you are coming from... but you also kinda gotta look at it from EA and their investor's point of view... How is that going to impact their revenue stream...

Granted there are always going to be people who won't spend a dime on this game, but there are also those that spend literally thousands of dollars on a single mobile game... The moment you give the paying customer a reason not to spend as much, they in most likelihood they won't

Giving too much access to a player's roster would provide less incentive for a player to try to acquire a particular character either through game means or cash means...

In a way any plan to increase the number of characters a player can access from an ally would have to monetize it somehow... e.g. costing crystals to use a non-leader etc..

The question is whether you would want to pay for that or not?
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Skye wrote: »
    I can see where you are coming from... but you also kinda gotta look at it from EA and their investor's point of view... How is that going to impact their revenue stream...

Granted there are always going to be people who won't spend a dime on this game, but there are also those that spend literally thousands of dollars on a single mobile game... The moment you give the paying customer a reason not to spend as much, they in most likelihood they won't

Giving too much access to a player's roster would provide less incentive for a player to try to acquire a particular character either through game means or cash means...

In a way any plan to increase the number of characters a player can access from an ally would have to monetize it somehow... e.g. costing crystals to use a non-leader etc..

It's not really an issue...you just get to use them for mostly meaningless battles and both of you get points. I would want people using my characters as much as possible no matter how i got them, so i can get those sweet sweet 500 credit drops from bronze packs.

• You mean if you were actually receiving ally points from people using your characters...
  • I would just prefer it to be a randomised unit from the allies squad.

Light side pains me, "pick which Chewbacca you want".
  • Skye wrote: »

Has no impact on that. There will be an inherent interest in having your own copy of a unit because others may only have weak copies or you need it for PVP (or other PVE content going forward). This is just a nice plug for gaps in your roster and it helps a friend out.