February release notes

Replies

• I am the all mighty Poe. Most dominant force in the galaxy. Bow down and add me to your squad or die in the 1st round like the others. Coin Flip your way into dominance.

I wonder how that conversation went down when the dev's talked about it;

"All the anti-poe haters are annoying! No one will tell us what to do, let's make their lives difficult and expose the fact they have no poe, so that they all get targeted in PvP"

I have no poe, never compained about it, but exposing that I have no poe... well... is not good for me and I will suffer the consequences. No more Top 10 I assume.

** and before people say I shouls have farmed like everyone else, well I missed the bus on that one, an decided to star and gear up who I already had. Oh well. **
  • When is the update available in APP Store? My game is still "the old one".
  • Having us work on a Jedi team for us to obtain Yoda at high stars is a great idea, gives us something to work onto
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    As I understand the cap level will not be increased? If the lvl cap stays at 70 for some time it will be fine.
  • I am the all mighty Poe. Most dominant force in the galaxy. Bow down and add me to your squad or die in the 1st round like the others. Coin Flip your way into dominance.

I wonder how that conversation went down when the dev's talked about it;

"All the anti-poe haters are annoying! No one will tell us what to do, let's make their lives difficult and expose the fact they have no poe, so that they all get targeted in PvP"

I have no poe, never compained about it, but exposing that I have no poe... well... is not good for me and I will suffer the consequences. No more Top 10 I assume.

** and before people say I shouls have farmed like everyone else, well I missed the bus on that one, an decided to star and gear up who I already had. Oh well. **

No, the developers have me on their squad. They realize my domenence. We will expose every non-Poe team and eliminate you until you bow at my feet.
  • Jedi Guardian is still not good enough to be used, because her her crit chance is low anyway. A flat increase for her abilities would be far better.
  • Thrill time! <cheers and applaudes>

Boo to those who started whining before even testing the update!
    What did you expect? That they would transform Poe from "top tier character" into a "useless pile of sh..." just like that? Very fair for those who dedicated tons of resources on the character, huh?

He's getting tuned down, I would at least have the decency to test the new Poe before playing the outraged drama. They are monitoring things and will keep monitoring after update. If Poe needs further debuff, he'll get it.

Great Job EA, and thank you! = )
  • Thanks this update Sounds great.
  • Great update, I don't want to seem like a complainer but they kind of dropped the ball on our Poe issue. Im still hoping that this newcharacter definitely has some anti poe abilities
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Kevon wrote: »
    I know everyone is thinking its Yoda, but it could just as easily be Luke or maybe young Ben. Plenty of ppl have been asking for them too

He unlocks at 5*, which cements him as "the strongest char in Lore". I think that's Yoda, or Palpatine. Maybe Jedi Master Luke (as seen in The Force Awakens), but I doubt, as he has so little screen time.
    My bet is Yoda. And I would bet 5:1
  • Overall, I'm very happy. Kudos to the dev team. My constructive comments are: 1) I hope you guys give us advance notice when they will cutoff the date for the event hero. I think players would be upset if they started farming more Jedi, only to find that they didnt meet the deadline in time. 2) I hope you can get around to fixing ackbars cleanse as well. But really good work and looking forward to the update :)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    About Ventress, I think a lot of people is missing the stealth buff: life steal now works properly. And according to SWGOH, the gal has 45% at gear VIII
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Do I understand it correctly that it is better to sell the items before a new update starts next week?
  • SubjectZero
    176 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    So @EA_Jesse we have to have 5x 5* jedi to be able to attempt to get the new char, we cant try it if we got atleast one on lvl 5? If so it wont matter if people have only 4x4* jedi, they still cant compete? Cus i got 1 6*, 2 4*, and 1 2*. Can get another 2 star but that would mean i cant get past 2 even tough my 6 and 4 stars could get me atleast above 3 if they could enter without the 2 stars

Edit: Oops. Forgot to mention the most important part: great job on these notes! Looking good!
  • So @EA_Jesse we have to have 5x 5* jedi to be able to attempt to get the new char, we cant try it if we got atleast one on lvl 5? If so it wont matter if people have only 4x4* jedi, they still cant compete? Cus i got 1 6*, 2 4*, and 1 2*. Can get another 2 star but that would mean i cant get past 2 even tough my 6 and 4 stars could get me atleast above 3 if they could enter without the 2 stars

Edit: Oops. Forgot to mention the most important part: great job on these notes! Looking good!

Yes I'm also very curious. I can maybe get 4 x 7* Jedi in the near future, but 5 is gonna be tough
  • Still no information when the update will be live?
  • Cool changes. I see those people who unlocked Mace Windu are laughing with joy now :) There must be Malak or Revan challenge for Sith lords. It would be cool.

@EA_Jesse

And at next update, please fix Qui-Gon Jinn's ingame character model.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/9874/improvements-qui-gon-jinns-character-model#latest

• Looks pretty good imo and that u didn't nerd poe
    2 hard should keep ppl from complaining 2 much. Now i have 2 go get myself a jedi team lol don't have any at 7* so it's going 2 b a pain in the butt
  • Great update, very long also :)
    I knew something big was going to happen and it seems we are taking off in the right direction. Next stop: guilds/clans!
    Thanks @EA_Jesse and @CG_JohnSalera for these amazing typed out notes! I can see a lot of effort has been put into this.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    We'll have to invite you to the next proof-reading session. ;)

I PMed Jesse about this earlier. Part of what I do for a living is proof-reading. :)
    Some impressive new features here, John. But honestly, I see precious little balancing. Everyone is still going to be running the same cookie-cutter teams.

Ppl should just stop being such pussies and use the best meta( never going 2 happen) and even if meta changes ppl going for the new op team anyway n u know it ;)
  • Closed a PvP rank exploit that took a lot of coordination between two players but was a loophole that needed to be closed.
    Any clarity as to what this is referring to?
  • Elyndria wrote: »
    Closed a PvP rank exploit that took a lot of coordination between two players but was a loophole that needed to be closed.
    Any clarity as to what this is referring to?

Maybe continuously battling each other so that they are constantly locked in battle.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • @cosmicturtle333
    Which makes sense if you know that battles reset around 10 minutes I believe? So 5 min + 5 min of two players in cahoots means they can have a full lockout 50 mins before rewards are being handed out.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • I only wonder why not do smaller patches more often instead of one mega patch

Will this continue to be the norm going forward?
  • i guess is time to start farming useless jedis like eoth koth
  • DraxalArmadine
    106 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I like what I am seeing in the update except one thing... Poe. The fact of how much time and effort that went into farming him into 7* because of his usefulness is now moot. He is now "Like the other tanks" as Jesse eloquently put it.
    He was not bugged, there was nothing to fix that was not correct. Now he is nerfed because of his ability that THEY made him to be. There are already useful strategies to beat Poe teams... The people that spent all that time and effort are basically told to QQ and suck it up. I personally do not think that is fair. When they fixed Princess Phew Phew it was due to a bug... FOTP.. bug... Poe~~sorry guys we made him too good and we know you spent hours and cash starring him up, but too bad there is too many people crying about him in game now.

Kind of reminds me of the current political environment :(

• Is there any announcement or hint if there will be any changes to GW and Arena shipment characters available? I would definitely like to avoid farming Koth.
  • Just read it now. Wanted to put my comments in before reading everyone else is thoughts....
    First impressions. Very impressed. Very impressed and agree wth most of the changes, so thanks and appreciation are in order to the team. I love the new events, the new character as the fact we have time over the coming weeks to add more Jedi to our squad to unlock it, the changes to the characters (need to see them in game but may have tk farm mace now ;)and the free energy system I like too. My only gripe, so to speak, was that I didn't see anything on GW matchmaking? Maybe I missed it as I only had a quick read and will read it all later.
    Correct me if I'm wrong though lol
    Overall I want to say the changes are great and cannot wait to play the game with them!! Thanks!