Zeta Kylo Ren Phase 1 HAAT solo run Explained

Prev13
https://youtu.be/s_nAO6wnT8Q

Hey all

Wanted to make a quick video explaining the process to solo phase 1 of the heroic tank raid with Zeta Kylo Ren. I've gotten a lot of messages asking exactly how to do it and what's needed so this video should cover everything. Thanks to my guild OuterRimJob for letting me solo phase 1 to be able to make this video today.

Thanks!

Replies

• Awesome. Thank you for sharing.
  • Whoa. Very impressive.
  • Thanks for posting this, @SirLoki. :)
    The fact that resetting his cooldowns also resets the escape button might not be intentional nor known (well, it will be now I guess) by the devs. In which case I doubt very much it'll stay that way. :/
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I have zKylo and it's pretty easy to solo P1

love it!
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, @SirLoki. :)
    The fact that resetting his cooldowns also resets the escape button might not be intentional nor known (well, it will be now I guess) by the devs. In which case I doubt very much it'll stay that way. :/

Honestly I thought the same thing but it's always been working this way prior to the Kylo rework . The protection recovery and all the defense he gains made this thing possible as well. If they "fix" the retreat button this would still be possible but would require more RNG to get out of the fight. My strategy would be to maybe start the retreat at the 10 cooldown mark of the enrage timer and if it misses then wait for the cooldown 8 to lapse on the retreat button and try to retreat again, that's two chances per attempt. Plus I would think others in the guild would have zylo so it would be a great team effort sending in 20 zylos
  • This is amazing! Until it gets nerfed of course.

This is why I came to the forums. I imagine guilds will start taking in people with 1 7* toon (like rancor) for the HAAT as a phase can be technically solo'd which makes me wonder how far behind the other phases are.
  • thanks a lot!!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Considering ability block prevents trying to escape and trying to escape a Jawa triggers an assist attack I am not surprised Kylo Ren's unique resets the escape button.
  • Great video, helps out weaker guilds trying to do HAAT tremendously.

I'm not so sure they will nerf it, with a slew of new abilities and zetas it's only a matter of time before people find ways to make parts of HAAT easy. If they make a major change for this then they are going to have to do a lot more down the road. There are already teams that can do huge chunks in P2 and P4.
  • Inb4 'kylo will no longer reset the escape ability'.

Thanks OP, good stuff though.
  • Want to give this a try. Will be nice to save IGD team as an extra P3 team. Have to run that by the guild though.
  • Your guild probably has the best name ever! :D
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

love it!

There must be something that I'm missing because after a certain number of retreats you have to wait for the reset.

Do you let Grievous go into enrage and just keep battling?

Thanks!
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Im pretty sure, its not intended to get the "escape"-cooldown reseted like the other abilities ... i bet, i "fix" will come soon.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Why would u make a video and post it here seriously....now they will change crap
  • mlb1399 wrote: »

love it!

There must be something that I'm missing because after a certain number of retreats you have to wait for the reset.

Thanks!

Watch the video....
  • Why would u make a video and post it here seriously....now they will change ****

Yeah because it's not like they don't collect data on the game or anything.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »

love it!

Thanks!

Watch the video....

I have which is why I posted the question that I'm missing something.

• Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    It's WAI

The Wording in the details of the HAAT raid state -

"All of your characters gain the following ABILITY within the Raid - Escape"

Kylo's unique resets cooldowns of abilities. Thus it's WAI. If they were to change the wording of the Raid text to something along the lines of 'Raid mechanics allow for Characters to Escape combat once per encounter', then it would be a totally different situation. However, referring to it as an added character ability, makes it subject to all other ability affecting effects.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Oh wow thanks for the video. This could benefit my guild huge. We haven't been able to get to HAAT yet, but with this we could probably beat it.

Couple questions that are probs obvious but I don't have much experience with retreating so I'll ask anyway.

Each time, were you making multiple attempts to retreat? Since it's only 40% chance of success? It seemed like you got it first try each time.

Also, your health seemed to increase after a retreat? Or was that from using Kylos ability? I haven't used Kylo yet, so I wasn't sure if he just had protection gain or if he was gaining health too.

Thanks! And sorry if these are super obvious answers. Just trying to learn.
  • SirLoki
    73 posts Member
    Thanks glad it can help!

I start escaping after the enrage cooldown gets to 5 (the skull icon with the timer) hopefully he gets out. If not then I force quit the game and re enter and try again. I had good RNG but yes sometimes it takes multiple attempts to escape.

Kylo has a 5% health steal so eventually he regains his health and also his protection.

Ploosh wrote: »
    Oh wow thanks for the video. This could benefit my guild huge. We haven't been able to get to HAAT yet, but with this we could probably beat it.

Couple questions that are probs obvious but I don't have much experience with retreating so I'll ask anyway.

Each time, were you making multiple attempts to retreat? Since it's only 40% chance of success? It seemed like you got it first try each time.

Also, your health seemed to increase after a retreat? Or was that from using Kylos ability? I haven't used Kylo yet, so I wasn't sure if he just had protection gain or if he was gaining health too.

Thanks! And sorry if these are super obvious answers. Just trying to learn.

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Can a dev please confirm if its gonna be fixed?! I don't want this "no talking" and then suddenly a nerf in future update!! -_-

SAY SOMETHING!!! And not just some random dude who dosen't know a thing please :)
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Can a dev please confirm if its gonna be fixed?! I don't want this "no talking" and then suddenly a nerf in future update!! -_-

SAY SOMETHING!!! And not just some random dude who dosen't know a thing please :)

Fixed? Nothing is broken - everything is WAI.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Fixed? Nothing is broken - everything is WAI.

If they are gonna change the cooldown reset of escape..

Are they okay with Kylo soloing P1? I don't have a problem with it but I just don't want to use zetas if they are gonna change his kit or something
  • It's an ability, so I doubt it. They'd have to change it throughout every raid, and they'd have to change every (unique) event ability as well.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member

love it!

Thanks!

Watch the video....

I have which is why I posted the question that I'm missing something.

It has to be HAAT because you get unlimited squads
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Plus, they seem okay with the mechanics of Chirpantine - it's no different.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Plus, they seem okay with the mechanics of Chirpantine - it's no different.

Ok I hope they are gonna leave it then :)

I don't know if I should zeta Kylo, Vader or Maul first... Somebody who know what might be best?
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Plus, they seem okay with the mechanics of Chirpantine - it's no different.

Ok I hope they are gonna leave it then :)

I don't know if I should zeta Kylo, Vader or Maul first... Somebody who know what might be best?

If you are running (or plan to run) Sith in Arena, then zMaul is the way to go, IMO. That's by far the toughest lead for me to fight right now, when it has the right team comp.