QoL suggestions - (Merged Threads)

Replies

• bump.
    I would like to see a change of some kind. even if I have to pay crystals or take a 24 hour payout lock to change my times. lock my energy refreshes too if need be, will gladly spend crystals to make this happen
  • If i know that my arena rewards would be my highest rank during the day, for SURE I would actually spend more money
  • +1 OP
  • The issue lies with the coordination by players "move out of the way" and not snipe around payout times. This defeats the purpose of a payout time.

I think either a global payout time of everyone irregardless of time zone or let people pick their payout time and to change it costs 1200 crystals or something.

The other way which may not work is the "king of the hill" way where you could earn points for time spent at a position like if at number one for one hour then 1000 points and so on.

I like the idea of changing the payout time structure
  • I'm fine with the times as they are. I do my arena fights during break and lunch at work and get home in time to get the 3 to 5 ship arena battles done before payout.

I don't worry about sniping. I'll take what I get. Some days my position doesn't change, some days I get beat and drop. That's life.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    The whole participation award in arena defeats the purpose. There is no competition if anyone can place first at any time.

Sorry but you can't tell me that this will not lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. Let's fosuc on the times stated by the OP. 6-7-8, let's say you have 5 people in each of those timezones, well you just went from 3 to 15. That's a huge increase, that will not be recovered by refreshes. Yes they are all not a big increase from 2 to 1 is not that much, but 5 to 1 is. Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.

No one is saying it won't lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. It will. It will also promote people to actually spend more money as everyone that can't play during those payout times will now be able to be more competitive.

Also I don't see how this will change competition. Everyone in the top 10 on our shard comes first at some point in the day during their payout hour and we don't have too many people with overlapping timezones. The crystal payouts in the top 10 of my shard will therefore not change. I actually think it will promote more competition as then no one knows if you are suddenly going to get knocked down. There is no competition currently as everyone has come to know everyone else's payout time.

What you are describing is exactly what would happen to everyone. No specific time to payout, then no competition.

You would all learn when someone is moving up and then your in the same boat.
    The whole participation award in arena defeats the purpose. There is no competition if anyone can place first at any time.

Sorry but you can't tell me that this will not lead to a net increase in payout of crystals. Let's fosuc on the times stated by the OP. 6-7-8, let's say you have 5 people in each of those timezones, well you just went from 3 to 15. That's a huge increase, that will not be recovered by refreshes. Yes they are all not a big increase from 2 to 1 is not that much, but 5 to 1 is. Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.

My thoughts exactly. There still needs to be a competition.

There will still be the same amount of competition... unless you define competition as clock blocking... but I prefer seeing that as more of an irritation and being lucky with time.

But that's a "strategy" that fits the rules set up by the game. Once you open things up to whenever you want, then Noone is trying to reach for the same goal...some guy just wakes up and before work jumps up to #1. Someone else does it right before they go to bed. You would learn the "busy" time and just avoid that. Kicking a ball in an open net isn't as hard as when you have someone in the goal.

Clock blocking is not strategy and I'm sure 99% of people will agree with me.

Attacking someone with the plan to win and not leave them enough time to take back the win.....pretty sure that is the basis for any timed game out there.

Have you ever seen an American football game? They don't take a knee to kill time for no reason.

Yes I will give you that in a game like this "strategy" is not the best term for it, but it's a plan for winning....I would see those 2 things a equal.
  • SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    If i know that my arena rewards would be my highest rank during the day, for SURE I would actually spend more money

Same here this is the best chance of them getting anything else from me. I Might drop some as a thank you
  • I've been saying this has been the biggest problem with the game since the credit hiest took care of our credits issue. It literally makes no sense why I can sit in first for 15 hours and then come my payout take 5th.
  • Shnooks84
    49 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Agreed 100%! After a long day of work or a busy week where the amount of time one can see their family is basically the exact time as arena payouts Puts Loyal players playing for over a year in a bind. Players are asked to continually make a choice between family time that helps de stress from life or put priority on making the payout time. Please address this Devs
  • spotremix wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    i am currently rank 238 last time i checked. not sure how. i haven't been in arena all week. payout should remain your time zone.

Ok so then what is your reasoning for it staying the same other than just saying it should stay the same?

what a lazy idea it is. so let's say i wake up at 8am do an arena battle and make rank 1. well i'm done according to this new idea. no reason for me to do anything else in arena that day and hell might as well fall down 200 spots won't matter because i made rank one and will receive rank one payout.

the easy part is offense. defense and letting ai control your team while your away is the hard part. payout should be what rank you are at payout time.

To this point however, now you are 200 and you have to do even more work the next day if you want to get a first payout. It does not change the competition and working to keep rank, this just allows you to manage it to your schedule not have a game dictate what you need to do and when. Hence a great quality of life improvement.

considering i already don't let this game dictate what i need to do and when i'm not bothered by it.

i do what i have time for in this game and don't worry about what i missed. most days i never get to complete all dailies. i almost never get the boon energy refresh and i actually miss the ones that come at 5 and 8 as well. i never play arena even when i can an hour before payout.
  • Shnooks84 wrote: »
    Agreed 100%! After a long day of work or a busy week where the amount of time one can see their family is basically the exact time as arena payouts Puts Loyal players playing for over a year in a bind. Players are asked to continually make a choice between family time that helps de stress from life or put priority on making the payout time. Please address this Devs

family payout family payout family payout FAMILY.

hands down the easiest decision ever. the game will always be there tomorrow. life is more important than a game.
  • Easiest and most fair fix for arena payout is easy....

You get rewarded for the highest rank you achieved during the day

I would prefer this. It would also get rid of sniping and the aggravation that that causes players. Gaming should be fun, and sniping and clock blocking just isn't fun.
    Shnooks84 wrote: »

hands down the easiest decision ever. the game will always be there tomorrow. life is more important than a game.

I agree that family first hence why I think they are missing money. The people in that boat won't spend money because they cannot do arena anyways However if they could and start moving up the money bug will follow

I agree that family first hence why I think they are missing money. The people in that boat won't spend money because they cannot do arena anyways However if they could and start moving up the money bug will follow

This
  • This is hands down the biggest issue I have with this game. To be competitive were forced to play at a designated time which for many detrimentally impacts our quality of lives. We all have our reasons why we like or dont like the current system, for me i have two young daughters at home that deserve the attention they seek and have a narrow window to relieve it before it's their bedtime.

I love so many things about this game but when I think of the EA/CG execs that approved the arena payout system I can't help but feel disappointed in their decision. While top priority goes to satisfying the shareholders, I think they've missed out that sometimes good social responsibility can lead to greater overall success.

The arena payout is the only reason I for example will never spend a dime on this game and will be the reason I stop playing.
  • I totally agree, players should be able to customize or change their payout times. I would pay 3000 crystals to change my time. I should have quit this game long ago over this one issue alone.
  • I would really love to see this happen. A change of some kind would be much appreciated.

I think you are missing the point....

The point being: given that people with disposable incomes drive this game, and those people normally are older and have families, why not do something about arena payout times (or arena structure) so that people can enjoy BOTH their family and the game.
  • @CG_TopHat @EA_Jesse

Can you guys please comment on whether or not that is has been recognized by EA/CG that arena payout times are a huge quality of life concern for many <paying> players? And if there is any discussion around implementing any changes in this area?
  • JRCPKT99
    292 posts Member
    edited February 2017

The point being: given that people with disposable incomes drive this game, and those people normally are older and have families, why not do something about arena payout times (or arena structure) so that people can enjoy BOTH their family and the game.[/quote]

Well said
  • I agree on the payout time. 5-6pm is a very hectic time of day.
  • +1
  • +1

There are four major issues with the game:
    1. The requirement to be online at specific times to earn payouts, arena and ships in particular.
    2. The ten minute cooldown on challenges, there really needs to be a multisim option.
    3. The rapid pace of the power creep. New characters are being introduced so often and are so much stronger, compared to how long it takes to gear them up.
    4. Guild payouts should be equal for some members. Most of our time in our guild chat is spent discussing rules on how to restrict members from doing too much damage and discipline those who break the rules
  • I don't believe cg will do anything about this at all. I wish they would. My payout is at 2 am as I made my account when I was in the US. Since then moved back to europe and now my payout times are near impossible.

Thankfully I'm on a great shard that lets me take 3rd or 2nd every night.

I've asked cg/ea if they could change my payout time. Even offered to pay for the change. In the end they said it was impossible to do.

• More absurd would be to only pay the one guy, that claimed #1 most of the time during the last 24hrs.
    This would really be a bloody mess and a hell of a fight without a chance for gentlemen's agreements
  • Shade3n wrote: »
    I don't believe cg will do anything about this at all. I wish they would. My payout is at 2 am as I made my account when I was in the US. Since then moved back to europe and now my payout times are near impossible.

Thankfully I'm on a great shard that lets me take 3rd or 2nd every night.

I've asked cg/ea if they could change my payout time. Even offered to pay for the change. In the end they said it was impossible to do.

I can see there probably being many issues with allowing people to change their payouts / timezones since it is linked to all their refreshes, etc.

I therefore don't think they'll allow you to change your timezone.

Something like rewarding based on highest rank I would think would be something they could easily implement. They could just show your max rank in brackets after your arena rank to see where you were and update that after each battle you perform. At your payout, you then get rewarded based on your max rank for the past 24 hours.

The main issue there would be whether they think that is a good business decision. It will probably lead to more crystals being paid out but my guess is they'll make more money from people being able to be more competitive in the arena.
  • Wow, I must be the few who like 6pm.........

• DrewR wrote: »
    Wow, I must be the few who like 6pm.........

6pm works great for me, but it depends on people's schedules. As a student in university I have classes for the majority of the morning and some in the afternoon. I usually eat dinner around 6:30/7, and do most of my work after dinner. The hours between class and dinner are usually filled with practices or just free time. 6 pm works totally fine for me, but I can imagine that some people have much worse schedules than mine in terms of 6pm.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    AND not everyone's payout is 6pm......... :)