New Savage leader ability

Savage lead ability "Sith allies gain 75% Defense and 30% Tenacity. Other allies gain half those amounts."

With all the talk about Maul and Sith Assasin turn meter gains, I think it would be good to look at less popular synergies, which are introduced with recent Sith update.

I am suggesting Savage lead along with Sith Trooper Vaiken's Legacy - "Sith Trooper has +100% Defense. Whenever a Sith ally uses a Special ability or falls below 50% Health, Sith Trooper gains Defense Up for 2 turns. If he already had Defense Up, he gains Taunt for 2 turns. If he already had Taunt, he gains Retribution for 2 turns. Sith Trooper gains Defense Up for 2 turns at the start of each encounter"

The key to this is defense. It is a bit complicated stat but let's just add up the numbers:
1. Savage gives +75% defense
2. Sith Trooper has +100% defense
3. Sith Trooper gains defense up (almost certainly) and that is +50% defense
4. Add three sets of defense mods - that is +15% defense

Add up to 240% defense, without any secondary defense mods

Sith Trooper maxed has
Armor 264
Resistance 160

Does this mean that his armor would be increased by 633 to 897 and Resistance to 544?

Looking at high armor chars we can see that Old Ben maxed has 406 Armor and 273 Resistance. That would be half of Trooper's.

If my calculation is valid, and the fact that Sith Trooper taunts, it seems like opponents will be hitting a wall here, and that wall shoots back with 70% chance of offense down for three turns and ignores protection.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome, esp regarding who to add to such team

Replies

• if you're right i like it :) open up space for my Maul!
  • Further more the mods you said are only set bonuses, if you get defence primaries in the 4 slots its availble that's another 47% and I'm not sure what the max a secondary defence could be but there's also those two
  • That's an interesting addition, and would make defense mods viable. I don't know enough about the relationship between defense and armor/resistance to answer your question. I'm hoping to follow for future info.
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    Further more the mods you said are only set bonuses, if you get defence primaries in the 4 slots its availble that's another 47% and I'm not sure what the max a secondary defence could be but there's also those two

Right, that would add up to almost 3x armor and resistance increase for Sith Trooper

evanbio wrote: »
    That's an interesting addition, and would make defense mods viable. I don't know enough about the relationship between defense and armor/resistance to answer your question. I'm hoping to follow for future info.

I'm not sure, too. AFAIK, defense affects armor and resistance. They are presented to the user as percentages, but really are numbers. When we apply % increase to armor and resistance, we are adding that % to armor and resistance numeric values, which are unknown to the user.

What complicates things is actual formula for damage reduction that accounts multiple factors, so what I would really ask is how to calculate if this defense % increase of 300% is viable.

If anyone knows please share
  • Not sure how to calculate defense, but if you look at Cody's lead ability giving him 240% defense increase with entire clone squad, which makes a squishy character like him more viable, then it seems like it would be great for sith trooper
  • The new workups are too strong. Literally every single new troop and revamp becomes the next great thing. The way this is going, it will just become a game of attack. The only strategy right now is which toon u farm. The pair synergies are becoming too much now.
  • Defense from mods will be compounded by his unique, savages lead and defense up. Assuming you have defense primaries in 3 slots, a couple of defense sets and good defense flat secondaries, a 500 flat armor base is not unreasonable. This could work out to 1500+ armor which is 70% damage reduction.

• Any potential for zSavage leade in the tank raid?

Perhaps P1 or P3?
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    I have had the same idea two weeks ago, I have 4 protection primaries with all +20ish flat defense giving him 85k hp/prot and a base armour rating of 39.5%, with the lead, unique and defense up his damage reduction should be around 65% if I'm not completely off.

I did run the combo and it is a lot of fun, I faced a Wiggs squad where Wiggs+Chirrut took away 40% health or so with three crits, Wedge was critting for a measly 6k on his basic xD

In defense against the Maul teams it is very weak, because there are many Nihiluses out there Trooper looses his taunt too frequently to really be the wall he could be