Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    @thelebk

You need to upload the pic to a image hosting site and then copy the link into the IMG drop down box. Or some like that.

Or PM me the link to your pic and I'll post it.
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • thelebk
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Mullato wrote: »
    @thelebk

You need to upload the pic to a image hosting site and then copy the link into the IMG drop down box. Or some like that.

Thank you for the fast reply. I have never utilized an image hosting site and am not sure how to find one.
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    thelebk wrote: »
    @thelebk

You need to upload the pic to a image hosting site and then copy the link into the IMG drop down box. Or some **** like that.

Thank you for the fast reply. I have never utilized an image hosting site and am not sure how to find one.

You can upload it to here
    http://m.imgur.com
    Upload is in the top right corner.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    @thelebk

You need to upload the pic to a image hosting site and then copy the link into the IMG drop down box. Or some **** like that.

You can upload it to here
    http://m.imgur.com
    Upload is in the top right corner.

http://imgur.com/bVZr5az
    http://imgur.com/5KQ4ZF8
    http://imgur.com/Niok8lS
    http://imgur.com/HPXGUy7
  • GW should not be harder as you are better geared. I've faced 2 zeta team on node 11 and 12 3 times just this week. Afaik, GW is measured by your 5 highest power toon. There's a few video out there. Its funny how because of GW I hesitate to gear up my top 5 toons. This topic needs a bump as well!
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    How the hell should I fight against GK(L) and B2 ?! Any suggestion? it is on 12 node today...
    GK(L), Aayala, Anakin, Yoda, B2
    Any help is welcome :smile:

EDIT: With B2?
  • Lol I believe today is my first 'impossible' node 12. I have been unable to complete it before in the past but normally just due to bad luck or just accepting the loss of a char(s) in an earlier node that I later needed.

I believe it is a comp made from @GuNDaL roster comprising of Zader(L), kylo, TFP, Zarris, GK.

At this time I only have a 40K power droid team and and a much weaker rebel team. Better luck next GW then I guess :p
  • Deedlit wrote: »
    GW should not be harder as you are better geared. I've faced 2 zeta team on node 11 and 12 3 times just this week. Afaik, GW is measured by your 5 highest power toon. There's a few video out there. Its funny how because of GW I hesitate to gear up my top 5 toons. This topic needs a bump as well!

GW does get harder as you progress for a couple of reasons. First you have seen the % of top 5 strength setting the difficulty (Remember this is still a theory based on non-exhaustive research-- the actual code is not known). The game itself encourages you to develop a top top 5 team for arena, cantina, events, etc. This means their growth is disproportionate to the rest of the character bench. Since every single node is scaled off of this the player can easily find themselves facing a team that is so challenging, that if their alpha squad cannot take it, none of their replacements will have a chance. The ideal way for a PC to scale for GW would be to have a deep bench of characters that are all equal in power. Effective, but not fun.

Second, in discussions with EA tech support, they have revealed there are certain economies of scale built into GW where the difficulty jumps independent of top five power. Once such jump apparently occurs at level 60. It is unclear whether that is player level 60 or having at least one character at level 60.

Again, I submit that mathematically it is 99.99% IMPOSSIBLE for me to win a GW with my characters. I would be grateful for anyone who can submit a detailed analysis of my position and a viable strategy. Thanks team!

• thelebk wrote: »
    Deedlit wrote: »
    GW should not be harder as you are better geared. I've faced 2 zeta team on node 11 and 12 3 times just this week. Afaik, GW is measured by your 5 highest power toon. There's a few video out there. Its funny how because of GW I hesitate to gear up my top 5 toons. This topic needs a bump as well!

GW does get harder as you progress for a couple of reasons. First you have seen the % of top 5 strength setting the difficulty (Remember this is still a theory based on non-exhaustive research-- the actual code is not known). The game itself encourages you to develop a top top 5 team for arena, cantina, events, etc. This means their growth is disproportionate to the rest of the character bench. Since every single node is scaled off of this the player can easily find themselves facing a team that is so challenging, that if their alpha squad cannot take it, none of their replacements will have a chance. The ideal way for a PC to scale for GW would be to have a deep bench of characters that are all equal in power. Effective, but not fun.

Second, in discussions with EA tech support, they have revealed there are certain economies of scale built into GW where the difficulty jumps independent of top five power. Once such jump apparently occurs at level 60. It is unclear whether that is player level 60 or having at least one character at level 60.

Again, I submit that mathematically it is 99.99% IMPOSSIBLE for me to win a GW with my characters. I would be grateful for anyone who can submit a detailed analysis of my position and a viable strategy. Thanks team!

Warrior from TI released a vid that the dev confirmed it was top 5 power of your roster on how GW will be spawned.
  • GW stockpile!!!!! help!!!!!

I have almost all the ships and toons for GW, so what do I do with all the GW tokens they are just stockpiling I was buying ally points have a few million but now I can't spend them again.

Any idea when there's gonna ng to be something in GW to replace ally points? Baze? Death trooper? Man I'll settle for clone Sargeant at this point...
    Since every single node is scaled off of this the player can easily find themselves facing a team that is so challenging, that if their alpha squad cannot take it, none of their replacements will have a chance.

Single node? Ha!

Try 3-5 nodes, all 5-10k stronger than my strongest team. I've been playing a long time, so have better depth than a top-heavy team and can win GW maybe 10% of the time, if I'm lucky. My guild hasn't always been the strongest, so I'm stalled out on a lot of Guild Raid gear. I think my top 5 are ~42k. Regularly face teams 42-50k.

Lately, the trend seems to be fight through the whole war with my Sith team, then butcher 4-5 of my top team to get through the 4th to last node. if I get through that, I have so little left I might as well give up. That's roughly 80% of the time the last 1-2 weeks.

• Tharivol
    130 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    So 10th Battle: Zaul Lead - Palpatine - Baze - Chirrut - Kylo Ren.. All maxed out every way possible, had a little bit trouble and was surprised to see such maxed out enemy at 10th battle added their powers, it was 49676..

Beaten it but lost 2 characters of my main team. And was thinking if 10th battle is like this, probably it bugged out and 11-12 will be 3-4 star enemies.
    BANG! I couldn't be more wrong. Now writing 11th Battle enemies:

Zader Lead (10421 Power // 30k Health - 39k Protection - 202 Speed - 186% Crit Damage - 67% Potency)
    G. Kenobi (10453 Power // 29k Health - 51k Protection - 197 Speed - 186% Crit Damage - 55% Tenacity)
    Zariss (10189 Power // 32k Health - 47k Protection - 178 Speed)
    Shoretrooper (11288 Power // 36k Health - 69k Protection - 157 Speed)
    Royal Guard (10825 Power // 32k Health - 58k Protection)

Team Power = 53176! Total Health = 159k - Total Protection = 264k
    Not to mention all the counter attacks, foresights, stacking dots on me that cannot be dispelled, unlimited healing, passive dispels that doesn't even need to spend a turn on it...

I could attack this team with my main squad 6 times and still wouldn't make a dent on it.. My Main team is barely 45K and that's pushing it.. At this point even if I spend 200k crystals in the next month, I wouldn't beat that. What kind of logic is this?
    Checked this guy's profile and he has 68 7* Characters 33 of which is G11..
    I am barely 33 7* Characters and 5x on G11 gear..

I would understand very hard battles, and tbh I would like it more if they are hard. But this is completely and utterly impossible. Can someone especially a Dev if possible, explain me the purpose of having content that is impossible to complete even if you spent money on the game?
    This is not fun whatsoever, people play this game to have fun, this is more of a nightmare every single day, if it is going to continue like this why would I -or anyone for that matter- punish myself/themselves while spending my/their time and money? Explain that too please..
    Since every single node is scaled off of this the player can easily find themselves facing a team that is so challenging, that if their alpha squad cannot take it, none of their replacements will have a chance.

Single node? Ha!

Try 3-5 nodes, all 5-10k stronger than my strongest team. I've been playing a long time, so have better depth than a top-heavy team and can win GW maybe 10% of the time, if I'm lucky. My guild hasn't always been the strongest, so I'm stalled out on a lot of Guild Raid gear. I think my top 5 are ~42k. Regularly face teams 42-50k.

Lately, the trend seems to be fight through the whole war with my Sith team, then butcher 4-5 of my top team to get through the 4th to last node. if I get through that, I have so little left I might as well give up. That's roughly 80% of the time the last 1-2 weeks.

@fdar_giltch You're doing it wrong (see highlighted above). Use the early nodes to charge up the turn meters of as many characters as you can. That gives you an advantage when you hit the hard nodes. If you use just one team on the whole war, you handicap yourself.

Single node? Ha!

@fdar_giltch You're doing it wrong (see highlighted above). Use the early nodes to charge up the turn meters of as many characters as you can. That gives you an advantage when you hit the hard nodes. If you use just one team on the whole war, you handicap yourself.

This strategy assumes you have a viable A,B,C team which you can rotate. I do not, so this is not useful for me.
  • *** BUMP ***

Single node? Ha!

This strategy assumes you have a viable A,B,C team which you can rotate. I do not, so this is not useful for me.

This is why you cannot complete GW. You need more than one team.

Single node? Ha!

If you look at my roster you will see I can easily field several teams, they are just disproportionate to my Alpha team, which I believe is the heart of the matter. I am open to the possibility though that you could spot a viable strategy upon analysis.
    *** BUMP ***

Niok8lS.pngbVZr5az.png
    HPXGUy7.png5KQ4ZF8.png

What is this? A roster for ANTS?! Kinda hard to read.
    Point one: please don't exaggerate so much. Have you ever completed a GW run? Have you tried 10,000 times? Because that is how many times you would have to try to do an exhaustive analysis of your claim (because 10,000*0.0001 = 1).
    Point two: you've only been playing for a month. Your roster will get better. Gear them up. Give it time. Just throwing money at it doesn't ensure you get to win at everything on your first try. And if you're going to buy Chromiums, be aware that you will need to buy a whole lot of them to get 7* out of them.
    Point three: get Jawa Engineer and pair him up with those three droids. They are quite good.
    Point four: seriously, how many GW runs have you tried? Did you expect you would beat it the first time around? Most of your roster is blue gear. Gear them up, get Lumi up to snuff, get Wedge, get Biggs, get Palpatine, get back to us.

Single node? Ha!

If you look at my roster you will see I can easily field several teams, they are just disproportionate to my Alpha team, which I believe is the heart of the matter. I am open to the possibility though that you could spot a viable strategy upon analysis.

You just said you can not field anything other than your A team. Now you say you can easily field several teams. Make up your mind.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member

Single node? Ha!

U need a couple good teams, at least two good healers, and some meta characters, all at high gear.

Goals: use early nodes to strt your time meters (as mentioned above)
    Finish each node so none of your specials are on cool downs, and your health needs to be near full

If you cant do that, then you need to build up your teams. I went months without finishing GW
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
    *** BUMP ***

Niok8lS.pngbVZr5az.png
    HPXGUy7.png5KQ4ZF8.png

Point one: please don't exaggerate so much. Have you ever completed a GW run? Have you tried 10,000 times? Because that is how many times you would have to try to do an exhaustive analysis of your claim (because 10,000*0.0001 = 1).
    Point two: you've only been playing for a month. Your roster will get better. Gear them up. Give it time. Just throwing money at it doesn't ensure you get to win at everything on your first try. And if you're going to buy Chromiums, be aware that you will need to buy a whole lot of them to get 7* out of them.
    Point three: get Jawa Engineer and pair him up with those three droids. They are quite good.
    Point four: seriously, how many GW runs have you tried? Did you expect you would beat it the first time around? Most of your roster is blue gear. Gear them up, get Lumi up to snuff, get Wedge, get Biggs, get Palpatine, get back to us.

My expectation was to be able to win a GW approximately 20% of the time based on what I have read regarding the developers stated intent. I have played 20 GWs, and I have not won one. I do not believe a 1000 more tries with the same characters and gear would yield any wins. You seem to validate that assumption in your advice. Thank you, and sorry about the image size, it was a direct screen capture from my device.

Your previous post below was excellent, and very helpful:

N1, N2, N3: C, A, C Use N1 to load TM on C because this is the easiest node. Use N2 to load TM on A because they should be able to obliterate the enemy with minimal damage, leaving them primed for N11 later. N3 is harder; bring C back in to take advantage of their TM load while the enemy is still relative low power.

N4, N5, N6: B, C, B N4&5 are easier again and about the same as N2. So bring in B to load TM on N4, then bring C back in on N5. N6 gets much harder, so switch back to B unless C is just that good.

N7, N8, N9: C, B, B The next two nodes are easier than N6, but harder than N3. If C is good enough, bring them in for N7. Now hit N8 with B. N9 is the hardest node yet, so buckle down and make B work for you.

N10, N11: B, A N10 is the reset node for B, but it can be quite tough. Get them primed as best you can. Bring in A on N11; with their TM load, full protection, and the blessing of RNGesus, you should be able to prevail. Try to save a big weak tank for last if you can, to reset cooldowns before the final node.

N12: ABC Suicide squads are a bad idea; it just loads the enemy TM, priming them for your reinforcements. So send in A and burn down what you can; maybe the leader, if that ability is beating you.

Single node? Ha!

You just said you can not field anything other than your A team. Now you say you can easily field several teams. Make up your mind.

My apologies if this was unclear. I can clearly field multiple teams, just not multiple effective teams, which I believe you concur with. This has the net effect of giving me a single effective team.
  • J0K3R wrote: »

Single node? Ha!

U need a couple good teams, at least two good healers, and some meta characters, all at high gear.

Goals: use early nodes to strt your time meters (as mentioned above)
    Finish each node so none of your specials are on cool downs, and your health needs to be near full

If you cant do that, then you need to build up your teams. I went months without finishing GW

I'll admit I am not accustomed to a game feature that takes several months to be able to beat a single time. That does not necessarily make it bad, just a little frustrating. Thanks for the response!
    *** BUMP ***

Niok8lS.pngbVZr5az.png
    HPXGUy7.png5KQ4ZF8.png

My expectation was to be able to win a GW approximately 20% of the time based on what I have read regarding the developers stated intent. I have played 20 GWs, and I have not won one. I do not believe a 1000 more tries with the same characters and gear would yield any wins. You seem to validate that assumption in your advice. Thank you, and sorry about the image size, it was a direct screen capture from my device.

You need either a couple good healers (like J0K3R said) or a boatload of characters. You can see by the length of this thread that GW is one of the most frustrating aspects for players. But it's also one of the most enjoyed, once that roster starts to flesh out (which can take a looooooong time). You might find this old post useful as well (stage seven added):
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/607293#Comment_607293
    The six player stages of Galactic War
    1. Noob. Finally unlocked GW! I can't beat it yet, but that's not a surprise. I'll build up my roster so I can.
    2. Elation. I beat GW! This is great, sooo many credits! I'm rich!
    3. Arrogance. What are all these noobs crying about? I beat it all the time, it's not that hard. LTP for crying out loud.
    4. Outrage. What happened? I lost?! This is impossible! Nobody could beat a gauntlet like this! So overpowered. Imma quit soon, this is bogus.
    5. Emergence. I don't believe it, I won. I may not win again, but today was a good day.
    6. Acceptance. Maybe GW isn't so broken after all, or maybe it is. It's beatable. And what is up with these easy nodes? I don't know, it doesn't matter. I still need 30 million credits for mods.
    7. Enjoyment. Strange, I actually find myself looking forward to GW these days. It's actually fun! But I still need 30 million credits, 1500 stun cuffs, 2000 carbantis ...

Or, if you run droids (I hear) it's more like this
    1. Surprise. That was easier than I thought it would be.
  • Great Post! I'll focus on character development and not expect any GW wins for a while. IMHO the game would be a bit more fun and addictive if the player always had about a 33% chance to win GW starting at level 40 when is unlocks, and staying constant through the upgrade cycle. In the current scenario I am concerned that the reward for beating it may be inadequate.
    Great Post! I'll focus on character development and not expect any GW wins for a while. IMHO the game would be a bit more fun and addictive if the player always had about a 33% chance to win GW starting at level 40 when is unlocks, and staying constant through the upgrade cycle. In the current scenario I am concerned that the reward for beating it may be inadequate.

I've been playing a month and a half now, and I have actually won 6 in a row now. My roster is ok, rank around 50 in arena, but only have 7-8 guys that are arena worthy. I send in my two best(Boba and Lando) and switch out the other three on nodes 1-5. Battles 6, 9, 11, and 12 have sometimes taken me over an hour. I can't even count the times I have retreated. The hardest part is remembering your attack sequence up until you screw up so you can repeat it and then change the next move, or replace someone and start that process all over. Unfortunately until I farm a upper synergized team or finally get some good mods, this is the galactic war life. I won't have the time in the near future, so I may have to settle for only 800 GW tokens, but it is beatable. I have beaten synergized maxed abilities teams 10+ levels above me. Turn meter and healers to keep the key toons alive at all costs are the key early on. Synergy and good mods I bet are the key once you hit the higher levels(I'm level 70 currently).
  • To add to what I posted, I love that I get to try dozens of combos of my squad and see what abilities work well with others. I have 6 guys at G8 and another 10 at G7 and I it weren't for GW, I would only use 5 of them except for the few days a week I further my progress on the LS/DS tables.
  • To add to what I posted, I love that I get to try dozens of combos of my squad and see what abilities work well with others. I have 6 guys at G8 and another 10 at G7 and I it weren't for GW, I would only use 5 of them except for the few days a week I further my progress on the LS/DS tables.

Agreed, GW has the potential to be the best part of the game IMHO.
    To add to what I posted, I love that I get to try dozens of combos of my squad and see what abilities work well with others. I have 6 guys at G8 and another 10 at G7 and I it weren't for GW, I would only use 5 of them except for the few days a week I further my progress on the LS/DS tables.

Agreed, GW has the potential to be the best part of the game IMHO.

Same, it's the only place I'm not scared to try new things out. Once you have a solid team that can get through most of GW by itself, you can test so many other teams out on the slightly easier nodes to see what works and what doesn't.