Will Assassin Shards be sold with the Stealth Bug?

Prev1
Will this ever be fixed? Teebo never was fixed. Will this help us get a fix for Teebo?

EA can quadruple/quintuple the size of the game but they can't fix Teebo. Will they fix Assassin or try to sell us another broken character?

Replies

• It isn't just stealth that is bugged, I know for a fact that the same bug affects taunt, and probably all other buff types. But unless there is absolute outrage on the forums that can be tied to a noticeable drop in revenue the typical response to bugs seems to be to plug their ears and go lalala can't hear you.
  • @CG_Kozispoon I wonder if this can be looked into. I don't understand why this type of bug can't be fixed. I mean all the required info is in your game. Thanks
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • How does the bug function for sith assassin?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Groove wrote: »
    How does the bug function for sith assassin?

Same as teebo, SA leaves stealth early
  • You guys aren't computer engineer's and you haven't seen how much they have to do for some simple things to do in game as code. There is a lot of code generally to do even the simplest things, so I wouldn't expect it to be ez at all for something as large as stealth.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    You guys aren't computer engineer's and you haven't seen how much they have to do for some simple things to do in game as code. There is a lot of code generally to do even the simplest things, so I wouldn't expect it to be ez at all for something as large as stealth.

That may be true. My question would be why release another character that is going to suffer from the effects?? Granted it is only a specific combination but going to be a popular one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You guys aren't computer engineer's and you haven't seen how much they have to do for some simple things to do in game as code. There is a lot of code generally to do even the simplest things, so I wouldn't expect it to be ez at all for something as large as stealth.

Easy no you are right. But they have had a year or so to fix it and instead they introduced a new toon with the same bug.... Probably should have fixed it first before launching this toon that they are going to charge money for.

• You guys aren't computer engineer's and you haven't seen how much they have to do for some simple things to do in game as code. There is a lot of code generally to do even the simplest things, so I wouldn't expect it to be ez at all for something as large as stealth.

DC legends has no issues with the same mechanic, and it is extremely similar to swgoh. It should be fixed
  • August...
  • scuba wrote: »

That may be true. My question would be why release another character that is going to suffer from the effects?? Granted it is only a specific combination but going to be a popular one.

Honestly in the team I am working on, I prefer sith assassin with teebo bug rather than fixed...

Just sayin...
  • Maraxus wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Honestly in the team I am working on, I prefer sith assassin with teebo bug rather than fixed...

Just sayin...

I guess you're going for the raw damage then? Leaving stealth faster means more advantage, which is more damage.
    Or am I incorrect? Just curious
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Maraxus wrote: »

Just sayin...

I guess you're going for the raw damage then? Leaving stealth faster means more advantage, which is more damage.

Actually it's more for the foresight of his first special ;)
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Just sayin...

Actually it's more for the foresight of her first special ;)

Come on now gotta give the woman her props!

Just sayin...

Off topic: I think it's a she?

I tested it in the gear challenges the other day, the AI automatically uses Dark Shroud first no matter what. Even if she's already stealthed or has like 5 buffs, and she always gains Foresight, but if she had stealth before she gets two more buffs and gives more TM.

Unless I'm just looking at this the wrong way lol. Or are you trying to keep her unstealthed so she doesn't lose foresight when she uses her stun?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Just sayin...

The bug shouldn't affect her first turn use of special because she wouldn't start stealth anyway without Maul lead and his drops after 1st turn start.
    The issue will be when she dodges before her next turn and then has Maul lead stealth overwrite her 2 turn stealth which will take away the ability of her basic or special to ignore protection in the second turn.

Just sayin...

The bug shouldn't affect her first turn use of special because she wouldn't start stealth anyway without Maul lead and his drops after 1st turn start.
    The issue will be when she dodges before her next turn and then has Maul lead stealth overwrite her 2 turn stealth which will take away the ability of her basic or special to ignore protection in the second turn.

Who said I was talking about first turn?! It's pretty established by now that battles do not last 2 turns anymore... So thinking after 2 turns is actually quite useful ;)

In the team comp I'm planning, I value much more foresight than "hitting through protection"

Just sayin...

Who said I was talking about first turn?! It's pretty established by now that battles do not last 2 turns anymore... So thinking after 2 turns is actually quite useful ;)

In the team comp I'm planning, I value much more foresight than "hitting through protection"

I understand that, but I'm just not sure how her leaving stealth earlier will be better for foresight. I don't think it'll be any worse, I just don't think it'll be any better. Bug or not she'll gain foresight and she'll probably evade the next AOE attack that your enemies do and then she won't have stealth anymore and she won't have foresight. There's a lot of AOEs that I think she's going to lose foresight rather quickly whether or not the stealth lasts 1 or 2 turns, so I don't think she's going to still have Foresight by the time she gets to use her stun so she won't be dispelling it from herself to deal extra damage, because I don't think it's going to be there when she uses her second special.

The foresight does work well with GK though because it will more quickly allow him to give foresight to other characters, just don't think the bug helps you at all, but I don't think it'll make it any worse.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Just sayin...

I understand that, but I'm just not sure how her leaving stealth earlier will be better for foresight. I don't think it'll be any worse, I just don't think it'll be any better. Bug or not she'll gain foresight and she'll probably evade the next AOE attack that your enemies do and then she won't have stealth anymore and she won't have foresight. There's a lot of AOEs that I think she's going to lose foresight rather quickly whether or not the stealth lasts 1 or 2 turns, so I don't think she's going to still have Foresight by the time she gets to use her stun so she won't be dispelling it from herself to deal extra damage, because I don't think it's going to be there when she uses her second special.

The foresight does work well with GK though because it will more quickly allow him to give foresight to other characters, just don't think the bug helps you at all, but I don't think it'll make it any worse.

Basically I don't care about her second special. And she only get foresight from first if she isn't stealthed yet. Which teebo bug gives me.

So for me it's all for the best
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Be careful, or you just might run into one :wink:

they already have a routine that checks what buffs someone has and based on the existing buffs does something different (see Sith Assassin for example). They could/should be able to leverage this.

As I stated on another post that I made on her - it appears the problem isn't with her it is with non-stacking buffs and them overwriting with new versions of the buff that actually last less than the original - example SA has a stealth buff from herself for 2 turns .. then Zaul leader ability gives her a stealth for one turn buff during the first turn for evading an attack and now she has stealth for one turn instead of stealth for 2 turns.

Since I have no idea exactly how the game is coded (not having worked on it) it might not be easy, but it shouldn't be that hard. When a non stacking buff is added, check to see if the buff already exists and if the new buff is for less turns than the current one don't apply the new one.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Just sayin...

Basically I don't care about her second special. And she only get foresight from first if she isn't stealthed yet. Which teebo bug gives me.

So for me it's all for the best

She will gain Foresight if she's stealthed or not. Just checked it.

If she isn't stealthed, she gains Stealth and Foresight for 2 turns. If she was already stealthed, she gains stealth and foresight and speed up and tenacity up for 2 turns.

So the bug doesn't really impact how much foresight you're getting from her special.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Edit: Nvm @Vertigo covered it.

It is a loss of 12% tm push

You're right, it most certainly is hard for these amateurs. Though, it shouldn't be. Had the code been structured properly, stealth is just a state based on conditions, something that is taught in the first semester of any computer science program.
  • KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Will this ever be fixed? Teebo never was fixed. Will this help us get a fix for Teebo?

EA can quadruple/quintuple the size of the game but they can't fix Teebo. Will they fix Assassin or try to sell us another broken character?

And just so everyone understands, SA is not bugged, Zaul leader ability is bugged just like Teebo

I hope they fix it, but they will say it's a problem with Zaul and not her when they sell the packs, which is true
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So thinking about it the fix for Maul lead is much simpler than what ever issue they are having with teebo lead.

Simply don't apply Maul lead stealth if the character is already stealthed, this is what they are doing with taunt.

Maul lead you can't get the permanent stealth like with teebo lead which is why it wouldn't work for teebo lead.

Really?
    how hard is

int stealthTurns;
    bool stealth;
    stealthTurns=3;
    if(!stealth){
    stealth=true
    }
    if(stealth){
    stealthTurns--;
    }

make a teebo object and put that crap in it with your event handlers.
    Not rocket science...
  • If they cared about this they wouldn't have released her in to begin with, and nor would they have designed her around a known, unfixable bug to begin with.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    You guys aren't computer engineer's

A nice generalization there, mate! You are right, we are all teenagers playing with daddy's money.
    and you haven't seen how much they have to do for some simple things to do in game as code.

Besides the fact that neither have you, the codr is only as good as its documentation.
    There is a lot of code generally to do even the simplest things, so I wouldn't expect it to be ez at all for something as large as stealth.

Writing bad, complex code is easy. By writing code you want to make it readable and understandable by the next person, or you after half a year.

These are just excuses. My guess is that as there's no money to be made directly the cost vs benefit is not there.

I'm quite sure the game mechanism isn't so complicated that this couldn't be fixed, if any energy was put towards it.
    So thinking about it the fix for Maul lead is much simpler than what ever issue they are having with teebo lead.

Simply don't apply Maul lead stealth if the character is already stealthed, this is what they are doing with taunt.

Maul lead you can't get the permanent stealth like with teebo lead which is why it wouldn't work for teebo lead.

Sounds good to me. Although I don't see why this won't work for teebo too.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Sounds good to me. Although I don't see why this won't work for teebo too.

They tried it with teebo or something similar. It prevented back to back turns of stealth because in order to stealth from lead ability he would have to come out of stealth. However with Maul lead stealth they always come out of stealth.