Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• I hope they relook at GW. I think the difficulty is acceptable but is too long now. I can spend 1 hour to complete it. With ships and guild raids, I cant commit so much time everyday to participate. Players without Zeta abilities are also in a big disadvantage when they face 2 teams with such. The developer should consider reducing from 12 nodes to 6 nodes, maintaining the same rewards.
  • one can only assume it's a strategy to make players spend more money. when the profit declines, things might change.
  • Jouh wrote: »
    I hope they relook at GW. I think the difficulty is acceptable but is too long now. I can spend 1 hour to complete it. With ships and guild raids, I cant commit so much time everyday to participate. Players without Zeta abilities are also in a big disadvantage when they face 2 teams with such. The developer should consider reducing from 12 nodes to 6 nodes, maintaining the same rewards.

totally agree, I have had returning heavy nodes 12 now with nearly only tanks (shore trooper, royal guard, baze malbus, general kenoby lead and zeta bariss) It took me half a frustrating hour just to complete that node. its not my opinion of fun. I'll start working on my top5 again so that node returns to easy again.
  • thelebk wrote: »
    Great Post! I'll focus on character development and not expect any GW wins for a while. IMHO the game would be a bit more fun and addictive if the player always had about a 33% chance to win GW starting at level 40 when is unlocks, and staying constant through the upgrade cycle. In the current scenario I am concerned that the reward for beating it may be inadequate.

Looks like you've nailed it there. Squad depth is what to aim for, and although it does take a long time, it will pay off eventually.

I've been playing for 9 months now and I had a huge spell (from say 3 months to 6~7 months) where even getting to attempt node 12 was an achievement. Then, as those 3rd and 4th viable teams began to take shape, I started winning again. I think I've failed to beat GW twice in the last 12 weeks, and I'm happy to admit that if I hadn't been a tool and hit auto instead of retreat I would probably have won those two as well.

There is a valid point underlying this, though. Surely months of failure before eventual success can't be what the devs intended when they designed GW?
  • Wow 50000 plus on node 12 you may as well shove the middle stump up my back side because thats what it felt i had no chance from the very start .. this is no becoming such a joke and its really getting boring and its the same for the arena battles all you see are the wings with lando QGJ and ST han you really need to fix this or once again you will turn the blinde eye like you have always done and think ohhh i dont care and ohhhh look at that whale that just spent $150
  • guys i observed that the C,A,C, B,C,B, C,B,B, B,B, BCA/BAC
    works just wonderfully when B is a sith team with emp palp as leader
    i observed that all the places where B is there and B is Sith team the opponents are easy to beat using sith
    ex: when i use B team its mostly a wiggs lando or wiggs chaze team and using them its quite easy to beat
    in fact most days i only lose 0-3 toons before node 12
    and i have a few replacements for the ones lost
    after node 12 is over ive usually lost close to 9-11 toons
  • Darksaber98
    427 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    a sith team is ideal as after the rework hey are able to place a lot more debuffs a lot more easily and under palp thats a lot of life gained

so by the 12th node ive probably lost 1-2 sith and the remaining have almost full health and replaced by boba and fives helps me take out 1-3 toons on node 12

if its only 1 or 2 toons lost i use A team next
    if 3 toons lost i use C team

but this is a bit dependent on rng so i have to do a few nodes over and over before it comes out ideally

so most days im finished with GW in less that 45 min
  • my #12 node has been bugged ever since i switched to zaul 2 weeks ago. will i ever get a hard node 12 again?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Today I will have 4000 GW wins.
    Been playing for a year, that makes about an 88% full completion, took me until when raids were introduced to clear 12 gw nodes
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    thelebk wrote: »
    To add to what I posted, I love that I get to try dozens of combos of my squad and see what abilities work well with others. I have 6 guys at G8 and another 10 at G7 and I it weren't for GW, I would only use 5 of them except for the few days a week I further my progress on the LS/DS tables.

Agreed, GW has the potential to be the best part of the game IMHO.

Same, it's the only place I'm not scared to try new things out. Once you have a solid team that can get through most of GW by itself, you can test so many other teams out on the slightly easier nodes to see what works and what doesn't.

This. I have been using my sith/DS team on as many nodes as I can as I figure out how to use them. When they fail. My rebels don't disappoint.
    Great Post! I'll focus on character development and not expect any GW wins for a while. IMHO the game would be a bit more fun and addictive if the player always had about a 33% chance to win GW starting at level 40 when is unlocks, and staying constant through the upgrade cycle. In the current scenario I am concerned that the reward for beating it may be inadequate.

Looks like you've nailed it there. Squad depth is what to aim for, and although it does take a long time, it will pay off eventually.

I've been playing for 9 months now and I had a huge spell (from say 3 months to 6~7 months) where even getting to attempt node 12 was an achievement. Then, as those 3rd and 4th viable teams began to take shape, I started winning again. I think I've failed to beat GW twice in the last 12 weeks, and I'm happy to admit that if I hadn't been a tool and hit auto instead of retreat I would probably have won those two as well.

This has been true for me.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta

There is a valid point underlying this, though. Surely months of failure before eventual success can't be what the devs intended when they designed GW?

From what I have seen of the DEVs public comments GW was deigned to be tough but not unbeatable. Players are not supposed to able to win every day. They did not preface this by stating there was a large barrier to entry of several months, or that you need certain characters, certain levels, or certain gear. Unfortunately it seems much of the latter is true.
  • Wow 50000 plus on node 12 you may as well shove the middle stump up my back side because thats what it felt i had no chance from the very start .. this is no becoming such a joke and its really getting boring and its the same for the arena battles all you see are the wings with lando QGJ and ST han you really need to fix this or once again you will turn the blinde eye like you have always done and think ohhh i dont care and ohhhh look at that whale that just spent $150

In my experience whales in these types of games spend $2,000.00+ I have spent $400.00 and I definitely do not consider myself a whale. :)
  • djvita wrote: »
    Today I will have 4000 GW wins.
    Been playing for a year, that makes about an 88% full completion, took me until when raids were introduced to clear 12 gw nodes

Great... though with the June patch significantly increasing GW difficulty, I think it is difficult to calculate what the barrier to entry is for a new player now based on your excellent performance.
  • @fdar_giltch You're doing it wrong (see highlighted above). Use the early nodes to charge up the turn meters of as many characters as you can. That gives you an advantage when you hit the hard nodes. If you use just one team on the whole war, you handicap yourself.

Fair enough, I'll test that out. I expect that will help a bit, but I doubt that will turn the tide against some of the incredible mis-matches I've faced regularly.

Not all of us are in guilds that allow us to have half our toons at gear level 10 or higher.

From what I have seen of the DEVs public comments GW was deigned to be tough but not unbeatable. Players are not supposed to able to win every day. They did not preface this by stating there was a large barrier to entry of several months, or that you need certain characters, certain levels, or certain gear. Unfortunately it seems much of the latter is true.

Spot on. What's worse is that a lot of users are reporting that they manage to complete GW initially, only to then embark upon the barren months.

And don't assume it's always easy for me and my 4 teams, either! Last night my node 12 was Rex (L), Baze, EP, Sun Fac, Boba and it took 6 full teams (admittedly 4 of them were of g7/g8 toons who I don't often use and weren't well modded) to kill EP alone. My droid team then managed to clear out Baze and remove Sun Fac's protection, before my Rebels came in and finished the job. Even then I retreated 3 times until I got it right.

• Either stop doing too hard nodes on Node 6 and 9 or make Node 12 a looooooot easier ffs!!!
  • Just adding my two cents to say I think GW is an utterly inspired node. I like the idea of it encouraging squad depth but dang it's a time sink, usually with a horrific difficulty spike in there too. I'd much prefer a 'mining' style mode where I can send off my C team for 10 hours of real time, and come back to see if they brought back rewards.
  • Corruptor wrote: »
    Frenrir wrote: »
    I just see so many discussions about how hard GW is and that they can't beat it no matter what ( which are posted by normal people that aren't like trellent) and yea it might be hard again for some people that have been playing for a while but it is still very much beatable for them. I just wanted to let the people that are having a hard time know that there is no big secret. Just put in the time and u will beat it way more than u think u will

Well when im level 75 and galatic wars gives me a level 84 player with all five characters at 7 stars, yea it's beatable.

Thing is my friend, everyone passed (and some many are still passing) thorugh this wall.... How? Patience. Work hard on your toons, farm some B, C and D teams... It will take time, of course... But this is a PROGRESSION game mate... If you guys want things faster, yeah, you all will be frustraded.

But if you work day by day... 1-2 months you'll be getting it done everyday... Maybe less... It all depends on you.

So what i'm saying is: Yes, GW can become impossible, it had become impossible to everyone at some point.... Thing is, this will pass. As you continue to play and grow your roster, this will be in the past. Believe it.
  • Oh, even though i passed through that impossible nodes purgatory, i must say i too think GW IS BUGGED, it needs fixing, not for some, for everyone. And i get easy nodes 11 and 12, so i'm not only interested in what's good for me...
  • So ploughed through the usual Galactic Fives nodes and got this...

http://imgur.com/dLlxZll

Thanks. 237 speed kenobi, 274 speed Chirrut...I'm not even level 85 yet for **** sake.

Spot on. What's worse is that a lot of users are reporting that they manage to complete GW initially, only to then embark upon the barren months.

And don't assume it's always easy for me and my 4 teams, either! Last night my node 12 was Rex (L), Baze, EP, Sun Fac, Boba and it took 6 full teams (admittedly 4 of them were of g7/g8 toons who I don't often use and weren't well modded) to kill EP alone. My droid team then managed to clear out Baze and remove Sun Fac's protection, before my Rebels came in and finished the job. Even then I retreated 3 times until I got it right.

Gods what a grind! How long have you been playing to build up a team of that quality?
  • Schwin wrote: »
    So ploughed through the usual Galactic Fives nodes and got this...

http://imgur.com/dLlxZll

Thanks. 237 speed kenobi, 274 speed Chirrut...I'm not even level 85 yet for **** sake.

Welcome to my every day GW. Course I usually don't make it to node 12 haha!
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Gods what a grind! How long have you been playing to build up a team of that quality?

Late May, so not as long as some. Though I will admit that me playing SWGOH is probably my wife's pet peeve at the moment!

And that grind was a rarity. Last night managed whole of GW without losing a toon.

https://swgoh.gg/u/simonfogiel/

• Well my win streak is over today and I realize you win some and you lose some in galactic war. My question is...I'm on a Jan '17 shard and I just faced a node 11 Ep. How is it possible that anyone in my shard had the Emporer yet?
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Well my win streak is over today and I realize you win some and you lose some in galactic war. My question is...I'm on a Jan '17 shard and I just faced a node 11 Ep. How is it possible that anyone in my shard had the Emporer yet?

The teams are from all shards, not just yours
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.

I don't mind not winning every day. I mind never winning. I haven't beat node 11 in 2 months and node 12 is about 6.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    I don't mind not winning every day. I mind never winning. I haven't beat node 11 in 2 months and node 12 is about 6.

You desperately need to gear up Palpatine, and get that 7th star. Then get that droid team up. With Jedi, Rebels, Empire, Droids, Scoundrels, and Clones, you should be able to persevere. Palpatine helps a ton.
  • My rebels can clear GW almost every day without much problem at all. My sith team + Boba is now just about at that point. It's just about patience and honestly trying to beat some of those harder nodes. You learn a lot from facing some of those super hard teams.