Daily Gear Challenges Quality of Life Upgrade

HeWhoWanders
155 posts Member
edited February 2017
Can the higher tier gear challenges include the lower tier gear please?

I've stopped doing today's Tier IV Tac Challenge and been doing the Tier III because I'm sitting on 200+ of an item none of my toons need and seem to be in a drought of all the gear I cared about when I was level 40. This challenge is the worse offender, but the other two should also include at least some amount of the previous challenges lower tier gear. I don't think it would be game breaking to give high level players access to low MK gear in their dailies instead making the grind feel more unnecessary. My argument is that there is no other challenges in the game other than the gear challenge where it is convenient to deliberately back track and play lower tiers out of necessity, which is otherwise trumped by the necessity of the higher tiers.
Post edited by HeWhoWanders on

Replies

• i personally fail to see the necessity in that. i just do the challenge that has the gear i need. it shouldn't be about which challenge has the best gear and rewards and only doing that tier. if i need something from a tier 2 or 3 i do it. if i don't then i just do the highest tier.
  • HeWhoWanders
    155 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    After a certain point you kind of need the gear from all of the challenges though. I just don't see the need for the game restrict you in such a manner. Giving us more low tier gear in higher level challenges would just make everyone's lives easier and reward long time players. Plenty of other tweaks have been made to the game to that avail like more Cantina Energy and the way droids and credits are acquired. Yet i feel gear challenges have been left too vanilla.
    spotremix wrote: »
    it shouldn't be about which challenge has the best gear and rewards and only doing that tier. if i need something from a tier 2 or 3 i do it. if i don't then i just do the highest tier.

That is how every other challenge in the game works though. You don't back track on Heists, Credits, Droids, or Ability Mat challenges; every next tier does hand out better rewards and there is no reason to do the others after a point. You don't back track on Raids or or any multi-tier event, unless your allowed to play all the tiers like in Omegas. Only gear challenges instill a sense of backpedaling for no other purpose than seemingly to prolong the "grind" and that is my point.

• That is how every other challenge in the game works though. You don't back track on Heists, Credits, Droids, or Ability Mat challenges; every next tier does hand out better rewards and there is no reason to do the others after a point. You don't back track on Raids or or any multi-tier event, unless your allowed to play all the tiers like in Omegas. Only gear challenges instill a sense of backpedaling and that is my point.

This. We shouldn't have to backpedal for this. The rest of the game makes it so you get rewarded for progressing forward to better levels and abilities. Everything except the gear challenges, where you have get to a certain tier and you now have to choose. It doesn't make any sense.
  • Yeah, I totally agree. What's the harm in giving me a chance at all the pieces in the highest tiers? Droid callers and hypo syringes in one agility challenge? Gosh. Or purple keyboards (mk4) and carbantis (mk3) in one STR challenge? Yes please
  • Skuddy wrote: »
    Yeah, I totally agree. What's the harm in giving me a chance at all the pieces in the highest tiers? Droid callers and hypo syringes in one agility challenge? Gosh. Or purple keyboards (mk4) and carbantis (mk3) in one STR challenge? Yes please

This^^^
  • Skuddy wrote: »
    Yeah, I totally agree. What's the harm in giving me a chance at all the pieces in the highest tiers? Droid callers and hypo syringes in one agility challenge? Gosh. Or purple keyboards (mk4) and carbantis (mk3) in one STR challenge? Yes please

This^^^

What they both said.

Also, do we really need the RNG on these challenges? Just give us exactly how many it says in the rewards tab.
  • NahWillis wrote: »
    Skuddy wrote: »

This^^^

What they both said.

Also, do we really need the RNG on these challenges? Just give us exactly how many it says in the rewards tab.

Probably not but it is the structure of other challenges so more reason to add in additional gear rewards imo.
  • HeWhoWanders
    155 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Vertigo wrote: »
    This. We shouldn't have to backpedal for this. The rest of the game makes it so you get rewarded for progressing forward to better levels and abilities. Everything except the gear challenges, where you have get to a certain tier and you now have to choose. It doesn't make any sense.

I listened to the Galactic War Report Podcast "pass it on".
    http://radiofreetatooine.com/galactic-war-report-episode-44-the-sith-pass-with-jesse-
  • After a certain point you kind of need the gear from all of the challenges though. I just don't see the need for the game restrict you in such a manner. Giving us more low tier gear in higher level challenges would just make everyone's lives easier and reward long time players. Plenty of other tweaks have been made to the game to that avail like more Cantina Energy and the way droids and credits are acquired. Yet i feel gear challenges have been left too vanilla.
    spotremix wrote: »
    it shouldn't be about which challenge has the best gear and rewards and only doing that tier. if i need something from a tier 2 or 3 i do it. if i don't then i just do the highest tier.

That is how every other challenge in the game works though. You don't back track on Heists, Credits, Droids, or Ability Mat challenges; every next tier does hand out better rewards and there is no reason to do the others after a point. You don't back track on Raids or or any multi-tier event, unless your allowed to play all the tiers like in Omegas. Only gear challenges instill a sense of backpedaling for no other purpose than seemingly to prolong the "grind" and that is my point.

+1 it's complete garbage that we need to sacrifice high level gear to get low level gear or vice versa. It's 1 of the single most aggravating aspects of this game for me.
  • Do you consider it backpedalling when you do early level light and dark side nodes for gear or how about char shards from early cantina nodes.

We farm what we need. Nothing wrong with challenges working the same way.

Besides if challenge tiers had a chance to drop everything the former tier had plus more they would just decrease the number of drops.

for me I prefer being able to focus on the challenge that provides me the most of what I currently need than have a challenge that gives me a small amount of 6 drops
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Yeah, gear is very lopsided in the challenge rewards. Many pieces I have hundreds of, and others I never have enough of. I always run tier 2 of the tank challenge as I always need the power cells, but not anything else really.
  • You are right, but I think it is not so important - farm lower tiers. Anyway at some time will have hundreds of all. There are many more important changes that we need.
  • I agree with all of this. Why are the MK 3 droid callers not in the highest level with the hair dryers? Why are the MK 4 laptops not in the highest tier with the gold gear? Why is the tank challenge gear so worthless in comparison to the gear from the other two challenges?
  • Do you consider it backpedalling when you do early level light and dark side nodes for gear or how about char shards from early cantina nodes.

I mean ya I do, unless your trying to conserve energy you can get the same green & blue gear from the early stages in higher level stages which also drop additional better blue & purple gear. I have dozens to hundreds of blue & green I used to have to farm daily because I now get them on the side when I farm better gear in the higher level nodes. Look at Lando in Cantina would you ever do his first node after you've unlocked his second node? Of course not. Is it backpedaling if they have no other available nodes? NO, because there is no other resource for farming.
  • HeWhoWanders
    155 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    pargame wrote: »
    You are right, but I think it is not so important - farm lower tiers. Anyway at some time will have hundreds of all. There are many more important changes that we need.

I agree while it isn't the most important I suggest it because this has been something that has not really been changed since vanilla, (at least to my knowledge) other than the additional higher level challenges. That it would just improve the gear crunch issue greatly, and it would be an easy non game breaking update. Imagine if they left credits and droids the way they were in the beginning (The descriptions on swgoh.gg don't do justice to how bad they were). I'm just saying they should bring gear challenges up to snuff with the former.

Credit Challenge
    https://swgoh.gg/db/events/profit-mining/
    Droid Challenge
    https://swgoh.gg/db/events/training-droids-hunt/
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    pargame wrote: »
    You are right, but I think it is not so important - farm lower tiers. Anyway at some time will have hundreds of all. There are many more important changes that we need.

I agree while it isn't the most important I suggest it because this has been something that has not really been changed since vanilla, (at least to my knowledge) other than the additional higher level challenges. That it would just improve the gear crunch issue greatly, and it would be an easy non game breaking update. Imagine if they left credits and droids the way they were in the beginning. I'm just saying they should bring gear challenges up to snuff with the former.

Credit Challenge
    https://swgoh.gg/db/events/profit-mining/
    Droid Challenge
    https://swgoh.gg/db/events/training-droids-hunt/

In general you are right. I just think that community should focus their wishes/requests and at the beginning the focus should have requests that does NOT affect income (gear/crystal drops). Things like ability to change payout (without change total amount of free crystal), guild chat, guild management, mod management... etc.

EDIT: All these things I've pointed are just tools and will not affect gameplay - no risk for gameplay bugs

I mean ya I do, unless your trying to conserve energy you can get the same green & blue gear from the early stages in higher level stages which also drop additional better blue & purple gear. I have dozens to hundreds of blue & green I used to have to farm daily because I now get them on the side when I farm better gear in the higher level nodes. Look at Lando in Cantina would you ever do his first node after you've unlocked his second node? Of course not. Is it backpedaling if they have no other available nodes? NO, because there is no other resource for farming.

That's where you are wrong, always do the cheaper cantina battle for char shards. The drop rate is the same so you finish the char faster. You used Lando as the example. I spammed the 8 energy node, if you spam the 12 energy node it will take you 50% longer.

Many of the gear pieces still works out better to do the 6 and 8 energy nodes for them. sure the higher nodes will drop other stuff as well but it will take you longer to get what you currently need. Besides it is my experience that most the lower tier items I need are not in a node with anything I don't already have hundreds of.
  • This is what I do daily:

1.) Anything that has to do with credits, ability mats or training droids, I sim the highest tier.
    2.) Anything else (str, agi, etc), I alternate between tier 3 and 4 per sim. I do tier 3 first, then 4, then 3... you end up doing tier 3, 3x a day, and tier 4 twice a day. I keep consistent and I can spread out the gear between my toons a little better.
  • HeWhoWanders
    155 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings holotable heroes,
    [*] Challenge Completion and Rewards
    • Character Gear Challenge rewards have been increased so that higher tiers always provide better rewards.

+1000

BOOM Thank you, love you guys, love this game.
  • HeWhoWanders
    155 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings holotable heroes,

Here is a video from MistPassiert that shows the above features in action:

https://youtu.be/vbu7mb4nDTs