Arena team: Thoughts?

https://swgoh.gg/u/jhavok89/

My current arena team is:

ST Han (L), 6*, G7
GS, 4*, G8
Boba, 6*, G8
Rey, 5*, G7
Fives, 5*, G8

I do pretty well, considering I just started focusing on building this team a week ago, but I feel like it will only carry me so far. Most of my Shard is running rebels or empire variations (one guy has a pretty awesome clone team), so I've tried to go a different direction than that. A lot of Chaze, Wiggs, and Chaze/Wiggs teams. A lot of Phasma/Kylo teams as well. Surprisingly a few jedi teams as well, which I can normally dispatch of, even with 7k less power.

I know the synergy isn't the greatest, especially not compared to a rebel or empire team, but it has worked so far. Any suggestions on tweaks are welcome.

Replies

• If you want to run those toons I'd suggest moving Boba to lead and looking at your roster possibly throw jka in place of gs once geared.

My alt account I'm currently running Boba (l) kylo, sun fac, b2 and 5's/Rex
    Not much synergy but I've got dispel, ability block, buff immunity and cleanse all covered and at 6* g9 kylo has critted in arena for almost 30k under Boba lead. All these toons can survive the triple wiggs shot unless I throw Rex in (yes Boba dies but he revives so I don't count him) but I only throw Rex in if I'm facing palp/vader
  • Nice. I'm working on getting Sun Fac unlocked right now. My biggest issue has been dealing with dispels on tanks, and rebel teams. The only one I have now that can do it is Boba, but I try to save Execute to take out other Bobas without them reviving. Causes a problem when ST Han taunts after I've used it.

I have used Baze recently, but he isn't strong enough yet to be a viable option long-term, and I usually take GS out for him, which cuts down o n my offense.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Imo if you gear up baze he will be better for you than han as he gains retribution and has dispell, baze is just an all around better tank even at 3*
  • Haha, yeah, I actually just got a couple of pieces, one piece away from G8, and he alreasy jumped Han in Protection and Health.

Would running him, Lando (L), Baze, Rey, and Boba be an effective team? I know Rey wouldn't benefit from the Lando lead, but I don't need her to really. I could replace her with Leia eventually, or maybe Ackbar, but he isn't as effective for what I want, and Leia would take a while to gear up and level to be useful.
  • Baze is good with just about any squad, as far as your leader, if you need speed go Lando, if you are doing ok on speed and need more damage then throw Boba in the lead. Best I can do is tell ya maybe 1 or 2 days not worry as much about arena rank and try out some different combos with who you have to see who works the best, you can also use gw to try it out but imo it's not really as effective as the actual arena.
  • Haha, yeah, I actually just got a couple of pieces, one piece away from G8, and he alreasy jumped Han in Protection and Health.

Would running him, Lando (L), Baze, Rey, and Boba be an effective team? I know Rey wouldn't benefit from the Lando lead, but I don't need her to really. I could replace her with Leia eventually, or maybe Ackbar, but he isn't as effective for what I want, and Leia would take a while to gear up and level to be useful.

Boba over lando as the leader anyday. You get more crit damage for everyone
  • So...just made a switch...Boba lead, Baze in for GS. Ran through a Wiggs/Boba/Lando/ST Han team with everyone but Wedge at 7*. Rey one hit (well, 3 hit) Wedge, and then Boba ability blocked all. The rest was history. Didn't lose a toon.

I think Boba is definitely a better lead than Han.
  • Hans leader ability isn't very good at all, rey should do some pretty good damage under boba lead, and with baze to hide behind you should do fine.
  • Would ST Han still be a good fit? He's always my first guy knocked out (mostly because of taunt). His TM gain is still a plus, and Not sure who else would work well.