QoL game improvements - ***PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4! UPDATE*** (Comments) ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev13456713
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited February 2017
EA_Jesse wrote: »
Greetings holotable heroes,

This week we're going to be highlighting features from our upcoming quality of life update. These features are meant to improve your play experiences and provide some other nifty improvements.

Today we're to talk about two new features, Saving Squad Configurations and Speeding Up Combat!
  • Saving Squad Configurations: Preset Squad Configurations can now be saved and selected in the squad selection screen. This feature is very robust allowing squads to be grouped into tabs (ex. AAT Squads) and rearranged/deleted.
  • Speed Up Combat: Combat speed can now be modified between three settings (1x, 2x, 4x). These speeds are independent of Auto or manual battle allowing increased speed while retaining manual strategy.

To see these new improvements in action be sure to check out the video from MobileGamer over on his channel.

https://youtu.be/Ti5Gx6_RfG4

Check back tomorrow as we'll be sharing details on other upcoming improvements to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

SECOND UPDATE

Here is the second part of our Quality of Life update preview!
  • Basics Only in Auto Battle: Auto Battle can now be configured to only use basic attacks. This setting can be enabled in the Battle Settings menu and provides the choice between Auto Battle using all abilities, using basic abilities only, and providing an option to select the desired behavior when tapping the button in combat.
  • Challenge Completion and Rewards
    • Character Gear Challenge rewards have been increased so that higher tiers always provide better rewards.
    • When the final tier is simmable for all Character Challenges, a multi-sim button is available to sim all available challenges at once. (Timers still apply)

Here is a video from MistPassiert that shows the above features in action:

https://youtu.be/vbu7mb4nDTs

But that's not all for today! Here are some other improvements we're making:
  • Preview Ability Upgrades: Ability levels can now be researched allowing players to make more informed choices regarding their investments.
  • Train/Enhance Screen Improvements: The unit’s desired level can now be selected and necessary resources will be automatically assigned.
  • Upgrading Mods:
    • The animation for upgrading a Mod is much faster and can be skipped.
    • Mods can be upgraded based on a desired level.

Be sure to check out the video from Remon_Azab showing these improvements in action.

https://youtu.be/fbNk0bkjmlQ

Check back tomorrow as we'll have more Quality of Life game improvements!

THIRD UPDATE

It's time for round 3 of our Quality of Life game update preview!
  • Player Profile
    • A player's fleet arena ships and ship inventory can now be viewed in the player's profile.
    • The players XP bar and level have been updated to include the player’s name and look tappable. Many players were not aware they could view their own player profile.
    • New stat added "Fleet Arena Battles Won"
  • Guild Leader Message: Guild Leaders can now set a persistent message at the top of chat allowing them to communicate important information.
  • Improved Home Button: To enable easier navigation in the Guild Room and Ship Room, the Home button (upper right corner) will be contextual to the current room. (Cantina, Guild Room, Ship Room). For example, when viewing the Raid Leaderboard, the home button will be replaced with a Guild Room button.
  • Squad Arena Daily Activity will be reduced from 3 attempts to 2 attempts for players that have the Fleet Arena daily activity.
  • Allies: Players can now make more informed decisions around their Allies
    • Guild names have been added to Ally Management and Requests including Ally Request inbox messages and post battle Ally Requests.
    • Potential Ally’s player profile can be viewed when an Ally Request inbox message is received.
    • Current Allies now display Guild name and last active time to allow easier management.
  • Favorite Unit: A unit can now be identified as a favorite allowing easy identification when viewing the character/ship inventory.
    • A filter exists for only viewing these units.
  • Guild Management: The "Last Login" filter in Guild Management has been updated to "Last Activity" to convey a more accurate time period since the player has last played the game. “Last Login” had the potential to not update for highly active players that never closed the game.

Check out some of these features in the video below from Warrior from Team Instinct.

https://youtu.be/T9hNTHiClKg

Stay tuned as we will be sharing the final details of the next update tomorrow!

FOURTH UPDATE

It's time for the last part of our Quality of Life Update preview posts!
  • Galactic War:
    • Galactic War Rewards now scale as the player levels up
  • Shipments
    • All Shipments/Feature Stores can now be accessed from each other allowing easy navigation between them. For example when making purchases after timers have reset.
    • The Shipments Daily Activity will now increment from purchasing from either Shipments or any of the feature stores.
  • Teebo Bug Fixed: Taunt and Stealth effects no longer completely overwrite one another or themselves.
    • If a unit has multiple Taunt effects or multiple Stealth effects, their durations will be tracked individually, rather than the newer buff overwriting the older one.
    • If a unit has both Taunt and Stealth at the same time, Taunt takes precedence (i.e., enemies will be forced to target them), but the unit will still count as both Taunting and Stealthed for the purposes of triggering other effects and abilities.

To see these new features in action be sure to check out this video from AhnaldT101:

https://youtu.be/3V0vvYs7big

We're aiming to have this Quality of Life update release next week! We'll post again with the exact day once it has officially been locked in.
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• When you save a squad it probably doesn't save mods with them huh?
  • Raventrob wrote: »
    When you save a squad it probably doesn't save mods with them huh?

It will save thier mods....
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    EA_Jesse

This week we're going to be highlighting features from our upcoming quality of life update. These features are meant to improve your play experiences and provide some other nifty improvements.

Today we're to talk about two new features, Saving Squad Configurations and Speeding Up Combat!
    Saving Squad Configurations: Preset Squad Configurations can now be saved and selected in the squad selection screen. This feature is very robust allowing squads to be grouped into tabs (ex. AAT Squads) and rearranged/deleted.
    Speed Up Combat: Combat speed can now be modified between three settings (1x, 2x, 4x). These speeds are independent of Auto or manual battle allowing increased speed while retaining manual strategy.

To see these new improvements in action be sure to check out the video from MobileGamer over on his channel.

Check back tomorrow as we'll be sharing details on other upcoming improvements to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I like these features cant wait to see part II
  • Thank you!!!
  • so when you change squads, it moves your mods for you? that would be HUGE
  • That would be huge.
  • I doubt it will move mods all around for you.
  • ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    there are so many moving parts to this game... why focus on payout times?

I would rather see updates that actually affected gameplay...

...besides... who knows what kind of problems would occur by changing these? they don't change in accordance with daylight savings, remember... and I also recall an event that did not payout correctly and the admins had to leave it as is because the cons outweighed the pros in correcting the mistake.

payout times are a non-issue. unless you suck, or you are a top 10 arena player, chances are you will not be changing brackets too rapidly within the course of a day... and you cannot go by "best rank of the day" because then you would be having a lot more ppl with rank 1 rewards.

As the title of this thread states, we are talking about quality of life. As a lot of people in this thread have mentioned, this is the biggest issue with the game. I share the same sentiment. I would personally prefer to see such a quality of life improvement before attending to any other gameplay issues... which are being looked into all the time anyways.
  • Confirmed that it WILL NOT move mods around automatically
  • The whole thing of moving sets of mods will probably come later as an other update !

Anyway these changes are very cool :)
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    Confirmed that it WILL NOT move mods around automatically

So its a good start but without moving mods it doesn't really save any time.
  • Looks great.
  • 6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »

They will be talking about Part II tomorro.

Who knows it could be there
  • So if you leave 1 minute on the clock, before your payout. You are sniped for sure. Mmmm.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »

It will save me time.. i have p1-p4 squads i can preset in both raids. I got n1-n6 squads i can preset in GW
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Save teams = great update. 4x game speed = are you drunk CG? I'm predicting pitchforks for the userbase once they realize the impact this will have on raids and arena (unless of course this is disabled for those).
  • i want auto but to only use basics! for nodes 1-5, 7,8 and 10 of gw
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Arena just became even more of a chore to defend rank. Look forward to basically getting sniped with 30 seconds left. Brutal. Why even have speed settings? They basically introduced a sim button at payout. Curious to know what speed auto currently runs at for comparison
  • Reduce training droid cost:

Before I hear some cliché responses such as "the crunch isn't credits, but gear" we're not comparing crunches or am I calling this a credit crunch.

Right now it takes 6,273,063 credits to train a character from Level 0 to Level 85. Some may not see that as a problem, others like me will. This Credit amount will only raise with the Level cap. Imagine how much it will cost to get a chatacter from Level 0 to 90? Or even 100? Alot obviously.

Let's ask ourselves, is 6,273,063 credits even necessary? You can upgrade 6 toons to 7-stars with that amount if they were 6-stars to begin with.

I'm not asking for it to be a very little amount, but cut back the credit amount by 20%

I feel as this is yet another thing to add to "Quality of Life" as F2P and even some P2P are really struggling with this issue. It makes it alot harder to expand your roster. In addition, we're being given 2-3 new characters every 2-3 weeks
  • worthless updates. if the Squad Configurations doesn't swap your mods, what a waste. it's supposed to save me 3 seconds...lol. come on.
  • This is definitely not a QoL update for Arena. And I would kindly ask CG not to include it in Arena.
  • Squad selection is completely useless if it doesn't deal with mods. You have to be a total **** if you forget what squads to use in raids.
  • Tjbear02
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    If they actually Update the Shipment rewards (the 4 items that have been the same since November 2015, launch), and if they actually make Challenges reward you with useful things (Get rid of those MK 4 Stun Guns, Rid the Mk4 Droid Callers, and rid the MK 5 Laptops, and instead, replace them with something USEFUL to the Game, I'll be happy.

Before I hear some cliché responses such as "the crunch isn't credits, but gear" we're not comparing crunches or am I calling this a credit crunch.

Right now it takes 6,273,063 credits to train a character from Level 0 to Level 85. Some may not see that as a problem, others like me will. This Credit amount will only raise with the Level cap. Imagine how much it will cost to get a chatacter from Level 0 to 90? Or even 100? Alot obviously.

Let's ask ourselves, is 6,273,063 credits even necessary? You can upgrade 6 toons to 7-stars with that amount if they were 6-stars to begin with.

I'm not asking for it to be a very little amount, but cut back the credit amount by 20%

I feel as this is yet another thing to add to "Quality of Life" as F2P and even some P2P are really struggling with this issue. It makes it alot harder to expand your roster. In addition, we're being given 2-3 new characters every 2-3 weeks

How about give us a free 7* character ever other Thursday too? The amount of credits is fine. No change is needed. There are plenty of credits to level up if that's what you want to do. You just can't have everything at once.
  • I'm fine with it being your highest rank of the day, but don't let people jump 5 spots. In fact, you can only fight the guy next to you in the top 20 would seem reasonable.

How about give us a free 7* character ever other Thursday too? The amount of credits is fine. No change is needed. There are plenty of credits to level up if that's what you want to do. You just can't have everything at once.

Didn't have to be so rude about it :/
  • +1

Didn't have to be so rude about it :/

I'll rephrase, I respectfully disagree. There are now enough credits available for you to level characters at a progressive enough rate to expand your roster and not severely limit other areas of the game. Before the influx of credits (credit heist & AAT Tank Raid), this argument would have made more sense. Better?
  • So if you leave 1 minute on the clock, before your payout. You are sniped for sure. Mmmm.

I hadn't thought about that! That's true, payout will be really harder now with sniping foes!
This discussion has been closed.