All You Jedi Haters Just Wait.

Replies

• xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Yung_Hen wrote: »
    There seems to be a profound hatred for Jedi on these forums because the new Sith meta can beat them easily and they don't hit hard enough. But eventually we're gonna get Grandmaster Luke, who undoubtedly is gonna be the best character in the game because he's one of the most powerful characters in the Star Wars universe, and the most important. I'm sure he'll have some new abilities/leadership to make Jedi a powerful faction once more. Just you wait

And luke wasn't really all that powerful lol compared to other Jedi in the Star Wars lore.

Btw lore power don't equal game power

Do you not realize you just contradicted yourself?

Well not really considering those were 2 seperate subjects I was discussing.

I was discussing that in terms of lore Luke wasn't really that powerful compared to other Jedi.

Then I went on to say that Lore dosent equate to how a toon will be represented in game.

There seems to be a profound hatred for Jedi on these forums because the new Sith meta can beat them easily and they don't hit hard enough. But eventually we're gonna get Grandmaster Luke, who undoubtedly is gonna be the best character in the game because he's one of the most powerful characters in the Star Wars universe, and the most important. I'm sure he'll have some new abilities/leadership to make Jedi a powerful faction once more. Just you wait

Luke is def not the most important unless he is made more important than anakin in the upcoming films.

And luke wasn't really all that powerful lol compared to other Jedi in the Star Wars lore.

Luke was THE strongest Jedi in the lore. Read more before you write please :)
  • Bt_7274 wrote: »
    Is luke confirmed?did i miss it?if yes is there a link?

Not confirmed, no. But he'll eventually be in the game for sure. I mean, hell, we have Greedo......
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Luke is def not the most important unless he is made more important than anakin in the upcoming films.

Luke was THE strongest Jedi in the lore. Read more before you write please :)

Besides George Lucas saying he was the most powerful Jedi luke hardly did anything to show for it.

There are plenty of Jedi in the Star Wars universe that was a better stronger Jedi.

• I don't know that people hate Jedi (well, except the devs)...they hate how in a Star Wars game, Jedi are one of the weakest factions. Hopefully they get some love soon.
  • ^ A quick google search will tell you that Luke is indeed the most powerful Jedi to have existed in the Star Wars canon.
  • Knighthawk wrote: »
    Clearly, you've never went against a zeta yoda, zeta qui gon, and zeta General kenobi. Jedi definitely do not need a rework

GK has a Zeta? Don't really care what it is, just suspect the description is: "GK has a 100% chance to cause the enemy to break their tablet/phone upon taking the field. This effect can't be Resisted or Evaded."
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Yung_Hen wrote: »

I have yet to see any "hatred" for Jedi on the forums what so ever... all I see are threads talking about how weak they are. Granted some of them do require a buff, but not all.
  • I don't know that people hate Jedi (well, except the devs)...they hate how in a Star Wars game, Jedi are one of the weakest factions. Hopefully they get some love soon.
    You'd be surprised. There's a bunch of weirdos (4chan nihilists, mostly) with big ol' boners for the Empire who think that the Jedi are evil and that the sith are the oppressed victims who have been slandered by the Republic.

This, of course, overlooks the fact that the movies are purely fictional, so what they say goes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Yung_Hen wrote: »

We don't hate jedi, CG hates jedi. I bet We all on the forums would love to see jedi stronger.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Lol... Grandmaster Lukes abilities

Hide (basic) - luke hides from the imperial forces, granting him nothing.
    Hide HARDER! (Special) - in this move luke retreats from the battlefield to the swamps of dagoba, abandoning his squadmates to doom at the hands of the imperials.
  • I know...i just couldn't help myself...
  • I understand what you are predicting. This game works in waves with the meta but to say the next meta is Jedi is a complete guess. It could very well be droids, ewoks or even Nightsisters before Jedi. Keep in mind general kenobi was supposed to be hot stuff, even though he is good, he didn't make Jedi meta.
  • They Jedi Knight Luke they release during Jedi month will be OP and will hand anti empire & anti sith abilities as well as rebel & Jedi synergy.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Voder was always only an average duelist. Slow and average. And even Hondo was able to make a stand against Anakin.

There are only two. Yoda and Ahsoka.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The Bespin Luke (with blue lightsaber will be released before the green one) and he is not a Jedi. So, it will take a long time to Grand master Luke arrive. The Meta will change until there.

Chronologically by movie standards that makes sense. But what won't make a bit of sense is if they don't release episode 8 Luke this December. $$$

This will be Old Luke and will have evasion up 30% and immune to palpa shock? Special is x-wing proton torpedo strike and damage output is less than Old Ben's?

Zeta is +5% offense with women because he was Forever Alone.
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    Voder was always only an average duelist. Slow and average. And even Hondo was able to make a stand against Anakin.

There are only two. Yoda and Ahsoka.

What?
  • Just get the right Jedi, gear them to G11 and mod them the rigt way, zeta them where possible and enjoy a top rank in Arena - right now on my shard:
    G11 ZGJ (Lead), G11 Zoda, G11 Aayla, G11 Ani, G11 Snips holds Rank 3
  • Kajjm
    64 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Devs said that they're going to release toons at a faster pace than before, with a new model of how and when they are farm-able. Their model is to make money, so obviously they want to stir a new meta every now and then to get people to open their wallets to keep top rank in arena.
    I am certain Jedis faction will get some love soon enough, to be very powerful for a while. We received 3 new Sith toons this month, wouldn't be surprised if we receive 3 new Jedi toons soon as well, with re-works and buffs etc like the Sith got now.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    ^ I just fought this team and was like "what a fool with that team" but then upon arena starting realized it was zqgj. I did best them with 3 toons still standing but foresight makes it a lot tougher. Also yoda and tena up renders my ep useless.

I use ep tfp shore wiggs.
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    All You Jedi Haters Just Wait.

JwC7jCS.jpg

• Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
    latest?cb=20150426200707

Leader:
    Whenever a Jedi attacks, all other Jedi attack as well.

Unique: Return of the Jedi
    30 % to intercept an attack on an allied Jedi.
    An intercepted attack is blocked by Luke and only does 20 % damage,
    Whenever Luke intercepts, he gains Health up.

Passive: Revenge of the Jedi
    Luke does double damage to Sith and Empire units.
    Will always retaliate when attacked by Vader or Palpatine.

Luke doesn't need Zetas.
  • Yea thanks, good catch on that. Not zeta General kenobi, he's plenty good without one. One of the consistent top three teams on my shard is general kenobi lead, zeta qui gon, zeta yoda, zeta barris, and JKA. Jedi do not need a rework, that team is insane to go up against. Just have to get them geared and modded and they are amazing.
  • Only thing is jedi luke will def be chromium only
  • I run ZQGj (Aayla, JKA, Yoda and RG) in my arena and i get first everyday... It's true i'm surrounded by empire/sith teams though... But i can pull it off, no real problems....

Also true that despite this new "synergy" with qgj, Jedi have no synergy at all... I too hope GMLuke will be great and make Jedi as OP as some sith/empire team... But honestly, they're all still beatable.
  • Luke met Ben and about 40 minutes later blew the Death Star up, so reckon he's got some skills,

Although he's not a total badass - he defo needs a Jedi character pronto as farm boy Luke doesn't cut it, and he was such a driving force in the films would seem nuts not to release him in line with episode viii

I do hope he's got both his arms though as at the end of the last film it looked like he had the metal one and a plastic one, so guess kylo chopped him up a bit
  • I'm not understanding what your saying about Jedi not having synergy, especially with zqui gon! To me it seems they have loads of it already! For me, I think a properly modded and geared all Jedi team is one of he most powerful in the game
  • Knighthawk wrote: »
    Yea thanks, good catch on that. Not zeta General kenobi, he's plenty good without one. One of the consistent top three teams on my shard is general kenobi lead, zeta qui gon, zeta yoda, zeta barris, and JKA. Jedi do not need a rework, that team is insane to go up against. Just have to get them geared and modded and they are amazing.

right so all you need is 3 zetas and the heroic tank toon, and if you look its probably a whales team all with double digit speed secondaries etc (absolutely nothing wrong with that but c'mon you using that as a comparison??)
    well empire and sith teams only require 1x zeta and no toon from any area alot of guilds havnt even started yet
    oh and they can destroy jedi teams without having to even have zetas, they all pretty much have anit jedi abilities right?
    im ftp, yes this is my choice/fault, so where am i going to get 3 zetas from? my guild is no where near doing heroic tank yet let alone getting GK to 7star and gearing him
    and no please dont say just join a heroic tank guild etc etc
    also heres the thing the empire/sith metas i can easily achieve as ftp, the team you have listed i cannot. plus with an EP lead i dont need a zeta, for darth maul or vader you only need one.
    i run jedi, i like jedi so im gonna run them no matter what but they are unfortunately weak, and very weak in the current meta.

please people dont say "jedi arent underpowered cause this whale team with amazing mods, 3x zetas, and the heroic tank toon is awesome" thats just silly as its something most of the player base cannot achieve. the current sith/empire/ds meta thing anybody can achieve ftp or ptp or any
  • Ok, so take GK out entirely. There's another team on my shard, top 10 everyday, with zqui gon lead, JKA, zyoda, sun fac, and aayla. All attainable to f2p. In my opinion, people start saying toons or teams are underpowered before they've actually taken them to their max abilities. And until you do that, you don't really know. I stand by what I said, Jedi are not underpowered, as long as they are geared and modded correctly.
  • Furthermore, referring back to the GK team, yes, it's likely a whale team that is not f2p. However, it is a Jedi team, and eventually attainable to all players, even though it might take longer for f2p. So, just because it's harder to get, you can't just discount the team and say Jedi aren't good when clearly, they are. The original comment was that Jedi are underpowered, period, and that is simply not the case