How to get to top 10 as a f2p player

I'm a f2p player I'm currently ranked #34 but have been in the top ten it's a garden grind if you don't know what your doing but if you use your resources well you'll get in the top 10 quite easily.first of all it took me 9 weeks to get into the top ten so patients is apart of it second of all alwaysizes save your gear for characters you will eventually unlock collect all the bonus energy and use it wisely farm only the characters you absolutely need if there not there just wait it will be worth it in the long run just have patients when you reachave the mods stage don't go mental on upgrading low tier mods as much as it might seem useful it's really time consuming with little reward focus on your team get up the ranks in pvp and ships the rewards are a massive boost for your progress you will meet lots of stumbling blocks along the way so if you have any questions or need me to elaborate a little bit more just leave a comment thanks

Replies

• I'm a f2p player I'm currently ranked #34 but have been in the top ten it's a garden grind if you don't know what your doing but if you use your resources well you'll get in the top 10 quite easily.first of all it took me 9 weeks to get into the top ten so patients is apart of it second of all always save your gear for characters you will eventually unlock collect all the bonus energy and use it wisely farm only the characters you absolutely need if there not there just wait it will be worth it in the long run just have patients when you reachave the mods stage don't go mental on upgrading low tier mods as much as it might seem useful it's really time consuming with little reward focus on your team get up the ranks in pvp and ships the rewards are a massive boost for your progress you will meet lots of stumbling blocks along the way so if you have any questions or need me to elaborate a little bit more just leave a comment thanks

• 186 words and only one period was used. It's hard to read without punctuation. :s
  • I'm a f2p player I'm currently ranked #34 but have been in the top ten it's a garden grind if you don't know what your doing but if you use your resources well you'll get in the top 10 quite easily.first of all it took me 9 weeks to get into the top ten so patients is apart of it second of all alwaysizes save your gear for characters you will eventually unlock collect all the bonus energy and use it wisely farm only the characters you absolutely need if there not there just wait it will be worth it in the long run just have patients when you reach the mods stage don't go mental on upgrading low tier mods as much as it might seemeful it's really time consuming with little reward focus on your team get up the ranks in pvp and ships the rewards are a massive boost for your progress you will meet lots of stumbling blocks along the way so if you have any questions or need me to elaborate a little bit more just leave a comment thanks
    MrSavvy wrote: »
    186 words and only one period was used. It's hard to read without punctuation. :s

Lol ye lack of effort on my behalf
  • I'm a f2p player I'm currently ranked #34 but have been in the top ten it's a garden grind if you don't know what your doing but if you use your resources well you'll get in the top 10 quite easily.first of all it took me 9 weeks to get into the top ten so patients is apart of it second of all alwaysizes save your gear for characters you will eventually unlock collect all the bonus energy and use it wisely farm only the characters you absolutely need if there not there just wait it will be worth it in the long run just have patients when you reach the mods stage don't go mental on upgrading low tier mods as much as it might seemeful it's really time consuming with little reward focus on your team get up the ranks in pvp and ships the rewards are a massive boost for your progress you will meet lots of stumbling blocks along the way so if you have any questions or need me to elaborate a little bit more just leave a comment thanks
    186 words and only one period was used. It's hard to read without punctuation. :s

Lol ye lack of effort on my behalf

Build a good rebel squads, it's all about the grind and using your resources Wisley.
  • Me likie my rebs they kick it in GW. Now i am getting higher in the arena ranks, thir gear is a major letdown. Trying to gear them up but its like watching paint dry with the nurfed gear drops that has been implemented recently.
  • Yeah it's a hard grind for gear from gear around 8 onwards,just stay in the top 100 to 200 hundred in shipments farm gear from there,buy shards for maxed out 7* characters and use the in shard shop and grind away at raido if your not in a guild or its not getting you what you need join me at blacklagoon we get a raid done every 2 days and that helps a lot hope I was of any help.
  • Yeah I know they have slowed down the drops,I was in contact with a member of the EA team and he said there looking into it so hopefully they improve the drop rate soon also keep grinding away at your rebel team there the best f2p team you'll get at the moment and you will make it into the top 10 eventually.
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Remember to herp before you derp. And also: stay in school.
  • MrSavvy wrote: »

This made me look for the period :D
  • Well idk if you are lvl 85 or not but i can tell you enjoy that top 10 while you can

meta changes at 85 top 10 all have mods above 200 speed and at least a p2w char if not 2 (chirut-baze)

there are a few f2p teams up but with 220+ speed from mods alone...and they hit hard

point is you might have top 10 now and might stay top 20 then but the top 10 on my servers have 2-4 zetas on sith or run chirut baze there is simply no choice, droids hit a wall at 50, rebels at 20 there are no teams like these on my server past the said lvls

To make things worse the mods on the top players are from all walks so full potency or crit or speed base + 3 times the speed bonus - above 12-16 each.... there is really no competition, my zaul can't beat any in top 10 and can't stay in top 20. at 186 speed with a 214 speed palp and a weak shoretrooper they barely make it trough. but they don't fall bellow 50 either so far.... so ...idk it seems like you have a verry diffrent experience
  • To make things worse the mods on the top players are from all walks so full potency or crit or speed base + 3 times the speed bonus - above 12-16 each.... there is really no competition, my zaul can't beat any in top 10 and can't stay in top 20. at 186 speed with a 214 speed palp and a weak shoretrooper they barely make it trough. but they don't fall bellow 50 either so far.... so ...idk it seems like you have a verry diffrent experience

Sounds like you need to stop putting Shoretrooper under a Zaul lead. They need to be hit critically to stealth and Shoretropper prevents this with his special heal/taunt/crit immunity power. Remove him. Sith Trooper would serve better.