QoL game improvements - ***PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4! UPDATE*** (Comments) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• To be able to move mods with squad, it means that you have enough credits to unlock the given modules. And what, do you want that if you have enough credits, it takes you those 100k credits you need to move all mods ? And what happens if you don't have enough credits to move your mods ?

It's a nice update and in addition for these mods migration, they could add a bunch of pre-selected mods that we can assign or not to any toon, including the price that it will cost to exchange the mods, since it's not for free.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    To be able to move mods with squad, it means that you have enough credits to unlock the given modules. And what, do you want that if you have enough credits, it takes you those 100k credits you need to move all mods ? And what happens if you don't have enough credits to move your mods ?

It's a nice update and in addition for these mods migration, they could add a bunch of pre-selected mods that we can assign or not to any toon, including the price that it will cost to exchange the mods, since it's not for free.

This ^. It's too much coding and too many variables to considers. The preset for squads is a nice update as is the speed toggle for auto. It'll make challenges go quicker to help save sims.

Now what I would like to see in P2 of the QoL updates is a change in drop rates, a reduction in credit cost for leveling characters (20% is fair), and also weekly shuffling for rewards in shipments. I think if you shuffled the shards you could get in day GW or arena every week then it would add more dimensions on who you could have available for more Squads. For example drop JKG and CUP for more viable characters like EE or FOST/FOTP.
  • really love both updates!

It seems the only people complaining about the squad update is people who move mods a lot. Personally I never move mods so it's fine by me. Also, this update is better than nothing at all. No downsides for the mod-movers, so you are only complaining on what you want to have and not about this update because there literally are no down sides.

And the speed update also amazing! If your afraid you get sniped the last minute, this really is no different then getting sniped in the last 4 minutes as it now is. Only the time has shifted a bit
  • What about bugfixes? That would raise my quality of life a lot.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Thx, it's a good start!

But as long as you can't move mods around when selecting squads it's useless. My story: I do each phase of the HAAT with my 30 arena mods. That means I have to move 120 mods for each HAAT. There is not even a button to remove all mods with 1 click. For me (and many others) Mod set selectors would be a lot better than squad selectors.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Zozan wrote: »
    Don't see what is so great about this. Saving a squad would save a few seconds at best.

It is remodding which is painful. You can't identify a mod without looking into stats. You can't locate a mod if you don't remember who you put it on, they don't have IDs or something like that, you need to check its stats. And you can't filter them or sort them by stats. Remodding 5 toons can take 15-20 mins and you wouldn't be able to tell if you have remodded in the best way. Going back to old setup after raiding is another story. So all in all it is a very painful process with lots of room for improvement.

So without mods involved, grouping 5 toons together is a worthless feature.

I agree with you completely. I hate moving mods around so much, I would gladly pay 200k for a mod set (6 mods) to move them from 1 character to another instead of the ~30k.
    To be able to move mods with squad, it means that you have enough credits to unlock the given modules. And what, do you want that if you have enough credits, it takes you those 100k credits you need to move all mods ? And what happens if you don't have enough credits to move your mods ?

Then you dont move your mods. Wth is wrong with you? Hahaha
  • Wow everyone who is hating. Great job CG!!! Thanks for thinking of the players and making the game more fun by improving. These updates are GREAT. Battles shouldn't have to take so long and arena shouldn't be a game of who can be locked out at payout time, even tho they're the better squad/player. Meaning= it's good if on auto someone can win to take top in their arena.
  • Not complaining about the update.. I say it is bold to claim that these are quality of life upgrades. I am not buying. There are loads of issues that needs to be addressed and grouping squads is not one of them.

They could allow me to chose my reset and payout times for example if they want to upgrade my life quality. I dont like staying up to 24 to checkout the shops if something worthy shows up. I would like to be able to go bed earlier without having to worry about missing something good.

They could make remodding easier. I remod for every raid, don't mind the cost but it is time consuming and boring. I go to swgoh.gg to check out what I have since you can't do that in game for example. This should be a shame for CG.

They could rework arena system. The ranking board is based on clock blocking skills. Not having to watch the arena timer for whole 5 minutes would be a quality of life improvement for me.

They could add another tier to Rancor and make him immune to tmr, so we wouldn't have to spend an hour and a half watching the turn meter bar of Rancor. Again, quality of life upgrade.

Etc.

Anyhow, hope the next upgrades are more useful..
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Wow everyone who is hating. Great job CG!!! Thanks for thinking of the players and making the game more fun by improving. These updates are GREAT. Battles shouldn't have to take so long and arena shouldn't be a game of who can be locked out at payout time, even tho they're the better squad/player. Meaning= it's good if on auto someone can win to take top in their arena.

Arena is all about locking at pay out I'm afraid. This update won't chance that. I do really like the speed update :) I told my guildmate I'm going to lock at 5:30 before pay out instead of 6:30.
  • DarthMalak wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »

Moving mods is really not my priority now, and I will hesitate when I will do it when I'll have to spend 200k by moving them. Give someone a finger, he will take the arm.
  • This 'quality of life'(lol) update is mirroring the whole development and state of the game. Stuff is coming out halfbaked and that no one asked about it(saving teams without mod presets etc) Toons are being released bugged. Day one bugs still not fixed. Game self is all about profit but like 200%. ( **** and other major mobile games are like whalefare compared to this here) 600$ for ONE! Toon? xD right ;). More and more toons are being released BUT nothing is done about the gear crunch. I still have to decide between blue and purple gear in the tier 3 and 5 daily challenge. Which is a joke. Etc etc etc
    DarthMalak wrote: »

Moving mods is really not my priority now, and I will hesitate when I will do it when I'll have to spend 200k by moving them. Give someone a finger, he will take the arm.

Dude just go back under that rock where you came from. No one will change mods for fun. You will move mods when you have to. And if you are raiding you will have the move mods. Why should i save teams without moving mods too????????????????????
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Dude just go back under that rock where you came from. No one will change mods for fun. You will move mods when you have to. And if you are raiding you will have the move mods. Why should i save teams without moving mods too????????????????????

The only 3 reasons I could think of NOT to move mods around are:

1) You are a whale, and have over 120 double digit speed mods, which is fine! :) If you spend money you should not go through the hassle of moving mods around.
    2) You are fine with a score 40% less than what you could have done, when you would have moved your arena mods over.
    3) You don't really care about Raid scores because you are just enjoying the game as it is.

Personally, I vary choosing option 2 or 3. :) PS. I'm really happy about the speed increase! awesome :)
    This 'quality of life'(lol) update is mirroring the whole development and state of the game. Stuff is coming out halfbaked and that no one asked about it(saving teams without mod presets etc) Toons are being released bugged. Day one bugs still not fixed. Game self is all about profit but like 200%. ( **** and other major mobile games are like whalefare compared to this here) 600$ for ONE! Toon? xD right ;). More and more toons are being released BUT nothing is done about the gear crunch. I still have to decide between blue and purple gear in the tier 3 and 5 daily challenge. Which is a joke. Etc etc etc

Really don't know why you continue to play. Stop whining and pass to another game.

The only 3 reasons I could think of NOT to move mods around are:

1) You are a whale, and have over 120 double digit speed mods, which is fine! :) If you spend money you should not go through the hassle of moving mods around.
    2) You are fine with a score 40% less than what you could have done, when you would have moved your arena mods over.
    3) You don't really care about Raid scores because you are just enjoying the game as it is.

Personally, I vary choosing option 2 or 3. :)

Exactly but even the biggest whale would want to have it. Top mods on all teams just a click away
  • I'm happy for any improvements to the game...
    Use it/don't use it... your choice.
    Its more than what we had, although there are still many things I want.
  • DarthMalak
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    This 'quality of life'(lol) update is mirroring the whole development and state of the game. Stuff is coming out halfbaked and that no one asked about it(saving teams without mod presets etc) Toons are being released bugged. Day one bugs still not fixed. Game self is all about profit but like 200%. ( **** and other major mobile games are like whalefare compared to this here) 600$ for ONE! Toon? xD right ;). More and more toons are being released BUT nothing is done about the gear crunch. I still have to decide between blue and purple gear in the tier 3 and 5 daily challenge. Which is a joke. Etc etc etc

Really don't know why you continue to play. Stop whining and pass to another game.

Whining? I'm stating the obvious
    Edit: every game has fanboys i just detected one. So i understand you

The only ovious thing is that you're not able to be happy what is delivered. Even if they delivered the content that you want, you will still continue to complain for something else.
    Btw, having a nickname of a toon of a game or comic does not make you a fanboy. Wondering who is the fanboy, Darth Malak :wink:

The only ovious thing is that you're not able to be happy what is delivered. Even if they delivered the content that you want, you will still continue to complain for something else.
    Btw, having a nickname of a toon of a game or comic does not make you a fanboy. Wondering who is the fanboy, Darth Malak :wink:

I meant of THIS game not star wars. Learn to read
  • I don't think that the Devs intented mods to be moved around this much. What you pretty much want, is as change to mods from singular items to templates you can apply to as many toons / squads as you want. I don't think you will get this. Way more likely is that they increase the costs of moving mods or even put a timer on it.

Also I don't get some of the arguments. Arena mods are mostly speed based because of the first move advantage. For raiding on the other hand speed is not that important (or even detrimental in some cases) and some other stats can be more useful (like tenacity or potency).
  • Just give more stun guns/cuffs and let me make death trooper 7 star. It's all I ask!
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't think that the Devs intented mods to be moved around this much. What you pretty much want, is as change to mods from singular items to templates you can apply to as many toons / squads as you want. I don't think you will get this. Way more likely is that they increase the costs of moving mods or even put a timer on it..

This actually makes sense. It would explain why it's such a pain to move them around.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I have never thought to myself I don't feel like playing now because it takes to long to pick five toons. I have plenty of times thought to myself, I hate moving mods so not in the mood now to waste all that time so what else can I do.

And what if you don't want to sim battles with auto 4x speed and play them manually. Why wasn't base speed of animations increased? In ship battles when I use a capital ship power I hit auto to speed up the animation then put it back to manual so I can pick my next attack when animation is over. I didn't pay $5k for ships so I have to play them manually most of the time to win.
  • Well i think its great they are doing this update, though if i dont see a slider for Bronziums i eill flip the **** out
  • I don't think that the Devs intented mods to be moved around this much. What you pretty much want, is as change to mods from singular items to templates you can apply to as many toons / squads as you want. I don't think you will get this. Way more likely is that they increase the costs of moving mods or even put a timer on it.

Also I don't get some of the arguments. Arena mods are mostly speed based because of the first move advantage. For raiding on the other hand speed is not that important (or even detrimental in some cases) and some other stats can be more useful (like tenacity or potency).

Have you done heroic tank (not being a ****, seriously asking)? The speed is off the charts. The side turrets in p2 are at a 231 speed. If you don't heavily mod for speed, you're in bad shape. Also, your arena mods, while speed based, are generally your best mods -- the highest protection/health secondaries on tanks, etc.... -- so unless you have massive depth of mods, you still need those for optimal modding on a raid team.
  • My quality of life requests would be:
    The chance to change arena payout once for free then once more for payment. This would help the people who have travelled permanently. For me, an arena payout that's not in the middle of dinner would rock.
    The whole most set move with a button. Nice. Otherwise a separate box to keep premium mods in so they aren't lost amongst the pile of lesser mods.

My game play requests would be:
    Pit raid ultimate. Basically a Rancor with TM immunity. 90k guild coins. Next level raid gear. Death Star shards/jk...
  • I'm going to be extremely disappointed if saving and moving mod sets isn't part of the QOL update. THAT is what would save me tons of time from switching 30 mods before making an AAT run.
  • Fixing stealth is a quality of life improvement, no one likes to play with a broken toy.
    I am the Reaper
  • This is nice. If it also remembers and moves mods* then it will indeed improve my live!

* Yes, I understand that I still will need to pay to remove mods.
This discussion has been closed.