zVader and Rancor Raid (whats going on?)

Hello to everybody,

usually I am allways reading a lot here, now my current problem moved me to write something.

Even after zVader`s bugg fix, i keep reading and seeing Videos here of zVader Teams soloing the rancor raid. How is this possible?

Before the bugg fix I was also able to solo P1-P3, now I can just dream about that.

I tried the diffrent Combos:
zVader, EP, Shore, TFP and RG
zVader, EP, TFP, Qui Gon and Rex
zVader, EP, TFP, RG and Rex

+ a lot of other similar Combos - nothing allowing me to even soloing just one part of the raid.

All of the mentioned toons are gear 10 or 11 and mostly maxed abilities, as you can see here:

https://swgoh.gg/u/jdk/collection/

Of Course I know about the Speed down tactics, so not using the Culling Blade right after Force Crush, but wait till the cooldown time is over.

So whats going on? Bug fix - ok, but why are others still able to solo the raid with similar Team and gear?

Thanks for answers.

JDK

Replies

• PRIMEN
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Very bad mods is the reason why you can't solo it. Even my EP is faster than your TFP.
  • ok - thanks for the answer.

So everything comes down again to Speed mods? Could be an explanation.... And before the bug fix it went well because of more tm reduction.
  • Everything in this game comes down to speed.
  • Well - thats I realized alleady. :-)

Didn`t tought so that it makes such a big difference in the rancor raid...
  • This sounds intresting - since I usually jump in from P2 (cause giving others in the guild the Chance to battle the pigs).

So could it be, that there is a bug with starting from P1 on compared to start in a later part of the raid?

Strange...

PS: thx for the qgj tipp with the assist - didn`t know it`s also removing tm (as it usually shouldn`t) and so I was never using it, just in the toppling Phase.
  • You need speed. Stick with Rex and 3 empire/sith. If your squad averages around 200 you'll solo. Although I have some guild mates that run the same squad as me but faster but can't finish so there are a lot of obvious bugs.
  • Thx for the answer. Shows me again that I have to focus on speed mods. Will try my best to get them as quickly as possible. :)

Anyway sad that the raid is obviously bugged at the moment...
  • Yeah I think it's still working. Guild mate of mine just zeta Vader last night and solo'd Rancor with EP, TFP, Boba and Sid. His Sid did die, but other 4 carried.
  • It still works, I just tried it with Zader, EP, TFP, Rex and Sid. Sid died on Phase 1 (no TM reduction on several consecutive attacks...) but the other 4 finished the Raid with no problem.
  • Link2440
    90 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I run Zader, Rex, Palp, TFP and Tarkin. Tarkin is great because he can remove 60% TM or 70% Omega'd. This with the 20% will give you the best chance to keep the Rancor down. Tarkin also hits as hard as TFP against 1 toon because you get 7.5% or 10% Omega bonus damage per toon thats alive...which they all should be.
  • Yes tarkin also Looks like a good Option. But have to gear him up and put mods on him. So lot of work left.

Anyway - thanks to everybody for the helpfull answers... :-)
  • Magmatrooper is also a good option for Pitraid under Zader because of his imploder with a chance of up to 90% TM reduction.
  • Can I ask why people use Rex in this team? Or other non empire and Sith characters? Thanks
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Can I ask why people use Rex in this team? Or other non empire and Sith characters? Thanks

25% TMR on his basic. You don't have to worry about potency due to tfp's tenacity down. (wich makes it better than a 50% chance of getting 20% TMR that sith/empire characters get) Gives TM to your whole team.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Can I ask why people use Rex in this team? Or other non empire and Sith characters? Thanks

Rex has 100% chance to remove 25% TM on his basic so he's a good backbone to any TMR squad and doesn't need to be in the leader position. Plus he can grant TM and cleanse deathmark with Squad Discipline. Some people use QGJ because they don't have Rex and he's probably the next best in terms of not needing to lead to reduce TM. Plus a lot of people don't have all their empire/sith characters well geared or modded yet so as they work up to that it's easier to use those characters.

Ideally you want mostly sith/empire with good speed mods and TFP with lots of crit chance to keep applying tenacity down and Rex to be the consistent TMR each time he goes, as the other characters are only 50% chance.
  • Im researching on soloing the rancor raid using a zader. I just G11 my vader with potency mods totaling to only around 170 speed. How much do I need exactly?

Im thinking of:

TFP, Rex, EP, Sid =D how should their mods look like?
  • YourOnIyHope
    333 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    MUqUN8W.jpg
    jvJeK4K.jpg
    That's who I ran last ffa rancor
    Only took damage in p1, rancor didn't move p2-p4
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    JDK82 wrote: »
    This sounds intresting - since I usually jump in from P2 (cause giving others in the guild the Chance to battle the pigs).

So could it be, that there is a bug with starting from P1 on compared to start in a later part of the raid?

Strange...

PS: thx for the qgj tipp with the assist - didn`t know it`s also removing tm (as it usually shouldn`t) and so I was never using it, just in the toppling Phase.

QGJ doesn't remove tm with the assist. The bug there is that it is already precalculating the assist/dmg from the assisting toon. You will see the tm get removed from QGJs attack but then it is always followed by an empire ally who never reduces the tm. It is actually the assisting empire toon removing tm, not QGJ... it just looks that way because they remove the tm too early.
  • Try this combo curtesy of @AhnaldT101

Zader(L)
    Magmatrooper
    TFP
    Darth Sidious
    Rex
  • JDK82 wrote: »
    Thx for the answer. Shows me again that I have to focus on speed mods. Will try my best to get them as quickly as possible. :)

Anyway sad that the raid is obviously bugged at the moment...

Mods with speed, not necessarily speed mods
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Can somebody tell me how close I am? My guild runs tier 6 since we aren't heroic capable and this team hasn't even come close to soloing yet. My only focus at the moment is finding speed secondaries...
    Zader 170 G10
    EP 175 G10
    Sid 200 G8
    TFP 205 G9
    QGJ 170 G9
  • MPac wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me how close I am? My guild runs tier 6 since we aren't heroic capable and this team hasn't even come close to soloing yet. My only focus at the moment is finding speed secondaries...
    Zader 170 G10
    EP 175 G10
    Sid 200 G8
    TFP 205 G9
    QGJ 170 G9

That's not a bad team. Here's my team with speed that can solo Heroic:

Zader 193 G10
    EP 202 G11
    Sid 211 G10
    TFP 257 G11
    Magma Trooper 179 G8

If I had him at 7*, I'd sub Rex for Magma. You need more speed.. Potency mods with speed secondaries. Maybe CD triangle on Zader to amp culling blade.
  • I'm about to zeta Vader tomorrow and I wondered if my team will be fast enough. All the following are maxed or very nearly maxed and are modded for mostly potency and damage with as much speed as I could get:
    Vader - 179
    Palp - 180
    Sidious - 195
    TFP - 231
    Rex - 176
    They hold their own in arena and get me top 20 (sometimes top 10) every day on a November 2015 shard, although I use 3* Shore instead of Sid. I could swap Rex for a gear X Dooku who is 185 speed. What do you think? I could probably get more speed on them but it would break up a mod set that really works well for me. I don't need Han as I already have him at 7* but I am so sick of Teebo I want to have some fun in the rancor raid again instead of tearing my hair out every time the stealth bug rears its ugly head - always at the most crucial moment too. Any advice would be most welcome, thanks.