QoL suggestions - (Merged Threads)

Replies

• To add another facet to this discussion... I would like to see the game continually grow. I for instance can see them adding ground battles similar to ships (like collecting AT-STs, Snowspeeders, etc.) with commanders like Veers, etc.

Something like this would be awesome but with the current system that would be 3 payouts! Having to sit around for even more payouts would easily get out of hand. If you were just awarded highest rank of the day, you could at least choose when you want to battle. You could then even do all 3 in the same hour... while the countdown timer is going down you can battle in another arena. Quality of life improved!
  • Hiya.. this thread is reconstituted as it was accidentally merged into the mega thread. Forgive us, mistakes happen because we are human. :/

(Well not me.. I do not make mistakes because Wookiee. :D )

Cheers.

Thanks for helping me find this, I seriously tried to find it multiple ways earlier without any luck. Sorry for the issues.
  • What I would think would be good is to remove the 600 daily max raid tickets per member and just do a guild cap of 30k tickets.
    Would help out a lot of smaller guilds were there are a mixture of casuals and players who spend a few hours a day on the game .
  • This is a terrible idea, there are plenty of actual problems this game has that need work, this isn't really an issue at all.. do I always have time to play the hr before payout? No. Is this a problem? No. If I don't hit the top 5 I'm not gonna lose sleep. And I rarely drop out of top 20, even with 1 guild owning top 20 in my shard and trying to battle me out. Bottom line is, this is wai. Now if they could do something about guilds that form out of high ranks in arena, that I could get behind. It's unfortunate the time doesn't work well for you but if you're team is solid enough remaining in top 20, even on the busiest day, should not be an issue.

You started by saying this is a terrible idea but then continued to state that you don't really care about your ranking. Some people take the game more seriously. Nothing you've said backs up why this is a terrible idea... you've just really stated you don't hate the current system... which is fine but there are tons of people who don't share your sentiment.

And also, with the OPs idea in mind, it would make actually ranking much more difficult without a set payout time. The system as it is now means that ppl don't really push until the hour before payout. Without that system in place you'll have ppl battling randomly, with no rhyme or reason, making it much more difficult to attain the sought after rank. In theory anyway.

For me this is a feature and not a drawback. By making it all day you have many chances to improve your rank randomly throughout the day instead of fighting for the bottleneck payout time. I share a payout with a handful of other teams on my shard and it can be tough to even get in a battle towards the end.
  • Thank you for bringing this back
  • A good QOL suggestion is having the option to play this game on both android and IOS. I still can't fathom why we cant do this yet when the game has been out for nearly 2 years now. Most other games allow you to play on both IOS and android and most of the other games have you use your player ID to sync your progress. I like the updates I have seen so far for squad management but being limited to one operating system is extremely underwhelming and I'm surprised no one has mentioned this idea yet.
  • Bump
  • Agreed with payout times. Mine is always at 6pm because my state does not have daylight savings. My ships payout is at 7pm. So, basically, eat dinner and spend time with my family or get payout done.

Also, as far as QOL, there NEEDS TO BE A SLIDER IN ARENA AND SHIPS. I started to day at 14th. Took me 5 minutes (no joke) to be able to see #9. That's ridiculous.

Ships - Why can't we see the entire oppositions fleet past the starting 5? Makes no sense to me.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Anyone in our top 20 can reach 1, so there is alot of people who will be getting a big bump in payout.

I hear this a lot but I don't believe it. I rank top 20 all the time but usually get crushed when I try to step up to top 10 (except that one magical day when I took #1, boy that was fun).
  • Bobby777 wrote: »
    A good QOL suggestion is having the option to play this game on both android and IOS. I still can't fathom why we cant do this yet when the game has been out for nearly 2 years now. Most other games allow you to play on both IOS and android and most of the other games have you use your player ID to sync your progress. I like the updates I have seen so far for squad management but being limited to one operating system is extremely underwhelming and I'm surprised no one has mentioned this idea yet.

+1! Make possible to transfer accounts between IOS and Android.... Also, STOP with the Android exclusives! It's unfair.

Another suggestion, make IOS system charge crystals in my native currency instead of dollars... Why only Android can buy crystals in Reais while i have to spend in Dollars? Also unfair.
  • If they really wanted to give us QOL, they'd get rid of sim tickets. It's a problem at the lower levels and will catch up with everyone soon. I quit my alt due to lack of sim tickets and now I'm getting to the point i have to auto challenges on my main. I was never one with 5k sim tickets like I have seen others have but I had a healthy 1k at one point. They are gone.
  • To add another facet to this discussion... I would like to see the game continually grow. I for instance can see them adding ground battles similar to ships (like collecting AT-STs, Snowspeeders, etc.) with commanders like Veers, etc.

Something like this would be awesome but with the current system that would be 3 payouts! Having to sit around for even more payouts would easily get out of hand. If you were just awarded highest rank of the day, you could at least choose when you want to battle. You could then even do all 3 in the same hour... while the countdown timer is going down you can battle in another arena. Quality of life improved!

Never even thought of this. Once ships came out I figured it was only time before vehicles as well. There will be without a doubt an arena for that. 3 hours straight fighting for payouts would be an absolute nightmare. However if we can switch between them all as we go, or do one in the morning others later it would be very manageable.
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    For me this is a feature and not a drawback. By making it all day you have many chances to improve your rank randomly throughout the day instead of fighting for the bottleneck payout time. I share a payout with a handful of other teams on my shard and it can be tough to even get in a battle towards the end.

Yep this is the worst. Seeing people have free reign to do what they want before their payout because no one else has it hours before or after, then 10 people active during my payout.
  • Fix 600 bug lol as an officer making weekly spread sheets is no bueno !
  • Just a sugestion, add numerical values to health and protection while in battle. For example when your character gets attacked and you wonder how much health he has left you hold your finger on his health bar (Or a new button) and it shows 16739(has now)/25999(had at the begining). It would be really helpful
  • @BentWookiee thank you so much for bringing this thread outta the sarlacc pit of what we call the megathread!

+1

OP your idea is spot on...as i perused the thread, i think were all on board with this idea...i will totaly spend a refresh or 2 or maybe even 3 or 4 to get a better gem payout. Yeah i get it would probably cost more gem payout from EA but you can bet yer britches that the gem refreshes would double or triple....

From all the -1 posts i saw no explanation, so thats encouraging as well...means there no logical reason why there downvoting.

Lastly another big thanks to @BentWookiee for braving the sarlacc pit for us!
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    To help guilds out is FIX the daily tickets counter in the "Manage" section of the Guild Center so that we can use it to monitor daily tickets in game, as opposed to keeping a separate spreadsheet.

That would help guilds a LOT! Pretty please fix this. :D
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • +1

I'll give them $100 right now to fix this :)
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • For the love of all things good and holy +1
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Yes please
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Or add an option to show accurate tickets from prior day.
  • Late to the conversation but I wanted to upvote the original poster as well. The top demographic of this game is males over 30 from what I've read ( and doesn't surprise me ). The majority of those would have young families which makes 5pm-8pm the absolute worst hours that the devs could have picked for payouts due to family commitments. No idea what they were thinking when they picked them but so be it. I'm mostly free to play, but being able to change my payout times would be one thing I'd happily pay real money to do.
  • Really a pity that OPs suggestion wasn't included in the QOL update. I really hope this is something CG looks at in the future. I really think it would make QOL significantly better.
  • I had another arena issue that I posted that again shows why set times are a bad idea.

Tonight when I was attacking in arena I was attacking near the end of payout to hold rank. I was first place when I selected the team I wanted to face (3rd) then hit battle. Once the battle ended instead of being first place it said I was 5th place? Since there was no time left before payout I could not attack back to first. Not sure 100% how this happened but my guess is the match someone was opposing me must have posted the split second between me selecting the team I wanted to face and when I hit battle. Since there was still 5 min left I had plenty of time to beat the team in first however since I was in a battle assuming that I was in first and will be til payout I had no clue that my rank had changed. However I was never warned that my rank had changed as normally does.

Posted in Bugs as well

Its stuff like this that makes we want to quit, not give the game good ratings and will not put anything into this game.
  • I had another arena issue that I posted that again shows why set times are a bad idea.

Tonight when I was attacking in arena I was attacking near the end of payout to hold rank. I was first place when I selected the team I wanted to face (3rd) then hit battle. Once the battle ended instead of being first place it said I was 5th place? Since there was no time left before payout I could not attack back to first. Not sure 100% how this happened but my guess is the match someone was opposing me must have posted the split second between me selecting the team I wanted to face and when I hit battle. Since there was still 5 min left I had plenty of time to beat the team in first however since I was in a battle assuming that I was in first and will be til payout I had no clue that my rank had changed. However I was never warned that my rank had changed as normally does.

Posted in Bugs as well

Its stuff like this that makes we want to quit, not give the game good ratings and will not put anything into this game.

Unfortunately with the speed-up QOL improvements (which I think is one of the best additions to the game), it makes the arena payout even more frustrating as someone can snipe you in 30 seconds.
  • Great work on the QoL update. Quite possibly the best updated in the history of SWGOH.

That said, let's please not lose sight of that fact that Arena payout times are by far a more important QOL issue for many, many people than the things that were just fixed.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_TopHat
  • Bump!!!!!
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    As i promised.. How about when attacking players in arena.. When the spotblockers want to time out (which is unsportsmanlike).. They have to do actions .. Lets say there is a timer.. When the blocker doesnt attack for 10-15 seconds.. The ai does the turn.. This would prevent the nr 1 from blocking **** 15 mins.. He can still refresh and do it over and over again.. But it will become more expensive .. It wouldnt be worth it
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Second place is pretty good.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello CG/EA,
    the QoL-Update was one of the best updates you ever brought to us. In order to make our "QoL" even better, might you think about changing both arena-systems??
    Right know, its (at least for me) a terrible system, because the fix payout-times (payout could be fix, but the time for the snapshot of what rank you get rewarded for) are in conflict with work- and/or family-times. at 6pm, i could either be on the way home or arrived home and look at my kids or sit at the dinner with family. And its not much difference an hour later.
    It would be great, if we could decide by ourselfs when we do our 5 battles and get rewarded for the best rank we get the last 24 hours or something like that.
    Best wish!
    Post edited by Achilles on
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Second place is pretty good.

I knew u are stalkin me haha