Someone give me a new purpose please?

Hi all, new poster here. I have been playing the game for a while now and really enjoy it but to say i have played with no real direction or purpose is a massive understatement. I unlocked whatever was closest to being unlocked, i promoted whoever was closest to being promoted, all mainly to get Vader and he has been a bit underwhelming for me. I would love some of you guys and gals who are much more knowledgeable in the synergies of the characters to take a quick look at my miss-match of characters and give me an opinion on what my direction should be. I want to aim for something, a decent arena team would be nice. Would love some opinions as i am having a ball with this game so far, just need some helpful guidance as to where i should be heading with the characters i have.

[url="[URL=http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Jason_Works/media/Capture1_zpsn6ypl0xi.jpg.html][IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/Jason_Works/Capture1_zpsn6ypl0xi.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]Capture1_zpsn6ypl0xi.jpg

Replies

• There's no purpose to play a video game, son

Enjoy it. play for the heroes. play for the excitement. play for the love. but there's no purpose to this. this isn't religion
  • You have some nice toons my friend. I would start with Sidious as Lead/ Phasma / Lumi / Poggle / IG-86
    I would gear those guys up since u can do well with them in arena

Other ones to look at is you can do a full Droid build by going the poe route.
    Since u have poggle and IG-88 and 86 you only need HK 47 and Poe and you would have a diferent team then all those phasma sid teams

Enjoy it. play for the heroes. play for the excitement. play for the love. but there's no purpose to this. this isn't religion

How can you be a **** like this. Man comon he is asking for help of what to do with his messd up line och heroes. He needs some imputs to find a line of characters to build
  • ZoeJoK wrote: »
    There's no purpose to play a video game, son

How can you be a **** like this. Man comon he is asking for help of what to do with his messd up line och heroes. He needs some imputs to find a line of characters to build

Totally agree. Person asks for help, gets a sermon instead, lol!
  • ZoeJoK wrote: »
    You have some nice toons my friend. I would start with Sidious as Lead/ Phasma / Lumi / Poggle / IG-86
    I would gear those guys up since u can do well with them in arena

Other ones to look at is you can do a full Droid build by going the poe route.
    Since u have poggle and IG-88 and 86 you only need HK 47 and Poe and you would have a diferent team then all those phasma sid teams

Thanks for the input. Originally I was going to go Lobot/Poggle/86/88 and maybe Lumi or HK-47(in a week or so)...but not sure how long it would take to level up Lobot or if that would work. It seems like it would do okay.

Lol, true 'dat. Right, wasn't speaking religiously though, just in regards to what direction i should be heading as my wishy-washy playstyle was not getting much progress in Arena. I played for fun for the last couple months, so i am thinking it is time to buckle down and get a plan.

• pepper10 wrote: »
    There's no purpose to play a video game, son

Lol, true 'dat. Right, wasn't speaking religiously though, just in regards to what direction i should be heading as my wishy-washy playstyle was not getting much progress in Arena. I played for fun for the last couple months, so i am thinking it is time to buckle down and get a plan.

Cool bro. I love talking strategy and future planning. If you got questions, PM me and I'll help. You got a good start. But enjoy the game. It's not meant to be head-scratching.

you got some good stuff. Lobot and the droids? That's solid, man. Put Poggle and GS in there and that's some good offense for Galatic War.
    And Teebo. The ewok's a stud. Love him.

This is what I would do:
    Get to GEAR VII: Lumi, Poggle, and Dooku.
    Farm: Geono S or JC. Or just JC. Healers are necessary. Also a Jedi.
    QGJ to 5 stars;
    MISSING: Poe
    Stop doing more: IG100 (too far, dude, he's tooo slow); Aayla (she's good, but wait...for now)

Please let me know if you got specific questions.
  • Nobody plays Lobot but to have something outside of the meta is always interesting. Go try it and feel the satisfaction of the result made by your own mastermind creativity Lol.

But for the sake of advice you should aim your squad to be viable in completing GW daily as the rewards really help you to gather resources to upgrade your toons. So for me, I'd rather to focus on upgrading the toons with good synergies and heal.

In your current state, focus on Lumi, Sid, JC, GS,
    and Poogle as your A team, this could be used for arena battle to boost your rank as well. I choose this squad because they're all very easy and quite fast to farm compared to others. Then after you have unlocked the rest of the table and reach higher lvl (or max lvl), the path is yours to choose and go make your awesome dream team! :)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    As a general idea, if you want to progress faster than you have been doing:

You should try to focus in 4 different teams, which will share members. So 8-10 characters. You need a LS squad, a DS squad, and a mixed squad that go well in arena, plus a team that go well in GW. LS and DS are relatively easy, you don't have to rush content, and once you have 3* the nodes you want, you can Sim them for a while, so probably you will just need to think about the 2 last teams, and build the 2 first with those members. Just think about any weakness you need to cover (tipically, healing in DS and damage in LS, but it depends who you unlock).

Now, Arena and GW. In GW you need to focus in survival characters, short cooldowns that you can reuse each battle, and healing. In Arena is quite the opposite: you need to win, regardless of casualties, and it doesn't matter if a cooldown is 4 rounds or 40, because you will use them once. I suggest 2 healers in your "A team" in GW, plus at least a third one to swap in if you finish a combat with both on cooldown. Arena it depends, lot of options, like en-vogue Droids, but you can save time if you use your cookie cutter GW team for arena.

Next step is farm sinergy. You want to farm things that do not share farming locations. Because you go much faster that way. So try to focus in one Arena, GW and Cantina character, and then one for Cantina missions and maybe one for hard missions (you have to do some for the daily anyways). You want also go for tried chars, that you know they work. I'd not experiment with Snowtrooper yet, let others (and richest) do it for you. Go for good, versatile characters, and try not to be redundant (if you farm Poe in Cantina, don't farm Han in Arena, as you already have a tank with taunt). Some characters like Poggle or Poe are there for their special skill, and thus can work well with 4* or 5*, while you level up other members of the squad.

Considering all of that, and your current roster, you could do something like
    Farm Sidious in Arena. Already purple gear in your setup. Alternatively, farm IG88 and go full droid
    Farm Luminara in GW. Get her purple gear. Alternatively, farm IG 86 and go full droid
    Use Poggle, but do not add more stars to him for a while.
    Use Phasma, but do not add more stars to her for a while
    Farm IG 86 in Cantina Missions. Alternatively, farm Geo Soldier and go full droid.
    Farm QGJ in Cantina Shipments, Alternatively, farm Poe and go full droid.
    Farm either Dooku or JC with hard missions. JC will help you sooner in GW, Dooku probably best long term.

Options:
    Phasma (L) team with IG86 and QGJ, plus Luminara and either Sid or JC or Dooku for GW/arena.
    An AOE team with Sid(L), Boba, Vader, Poggle, maybe IG88 later, when he has enough stars. To use in Arena, or GW as a B-team/suicide squad to soften/kill dificult teams, regardless of casualties.

If you go full droids:
    Poggle(L), IG88, IG86, Geo Soldier, Poe. This is a very strong Arena team. Possibly end game if you 7* and purple them.
  • Thank you guys so much for the help. I really appreciate it. So many characters can make this game get a little overwhelming. So, thanks again.