QoL game improvements - ***PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4! UPDATE*** (Comments) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• The arena payout "problem" literally affects a small fraction of the top 1% of the players. I usually hang around position 20-50 and this will not affect me one bit. Let's see if the loudest voice wins or the sensible choice prevails.

I beg to differ. This effects well over half of the population of players. Anyone without a chance to play or forced to play during that time is affected. You are affected because it sounds like you don't play at that time, hence you are not being allowed to play when you can daily. Most in my guild would appreciate the change, I have heard many many others as well. I know people who didn't even start or have stopped just on this issue.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    You guys do see this is called "Part 1", right?

Instead of being up in arms what part 1 doesn't include, maybe be patient and wait for the next Part(s) and see what else will be in the update. The discussion is mainly focusing on part 1 of the announced QOL update.
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R wrote: »

Instead of being up in arms what part 1 doesn't include, maybe be patient and wait for the next Part(s) and see what else will be in the update. The discussion is mainly focusing on part 1 of the announced QOL update.

When have you ever known this forum to be patient? :wink:

And if the devs didn't want speculation/complaints/etc..., they could have released a comprehensive update note, instead of teasing it out.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    J0K3R wrote: »

When have you ever known this forum to be patient? :wink:

And if the devs didn't want speculation/complaints/etc..., they could have released a comprehensive update note, instead of teasing it out.

I prefer things like this.. makes it feel like gift opening :)
    I prefer things like this.. makes it feel like gift opening :)

I like to open all my gifts in a 30 second span so I don't have to wait!
  • I guess the hate must flow..

Anyways, THANK YOU SO %^$#%&#%^&%@^#$%$((@) much for increasing battle speed. As one who does, also, enjoy doing things besides SWGOH this was way up on my my own gamer QOL list - I mean, specifically ships, OMG, but if I can get it for everything I'll take it (and run).

So, Thank you. Thank you, thank you. With a side of thanks and beans. @CG_Kozispoon, @BentWookiee @CG_CapGaSP and the rest of the team.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Can we set a dedicated defensive squad for arena with this update, that'd be nice

+10000000
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm excited for this update. The preset squads feature looks cool. I only have a few teams that I will set initially but it will be nice after I gear up more toons. Once I get my tmr team geared for the rancor I'm sure I'll be thankful for the speed up feature also.

I'm mostly excited for what hasn't been announced yet though, what else could be coming?! In the video he said he thinks there is a dozen or more features in the update!
  • Im not sure what all these guys are complaining about.
    1) Ship battles take to long, can we speed them up?
    A: YES, along with any battle you want. No more timeout teams.
    2) While you mod swap guys are complaining, I don't feel mods were intended to be swapped with ease and I will be upset if they do it, the ability to preset your squads for raids, GW arena etc are great.

I am not sure you understand what quality of life update really means. It simply means that they are going to improve some little things to make life easier. That's all this is. Not a Mod swap system.

I for one like both of these additions. Kudos.

They said like 12 improvements, So I imagine that some of them will revolved around guild tracking since that is an area with lots of requests, Maybe improving game chat, maybe allowing messages, probably allowing better filtering for mods, etc.
  • Since we are talking QoL, could we get a consolidated shipments/shop/store that has ALL of them in tabs?

Hopefully they are changing arena, GW, cantina, and normal shipment refresh times to match that of the guild store and fleet store. I already have to log in at 6pm and 9pm for bonus energy, it makes sense that all shipments times would refresh at these times as well. We shouldn't also need to be waking up between midnight and 6am to check the stores. This should have happened a long time ago, I really hope they finally got around to it.
  • Thanks for these updates, increase speed on auto will help to not time out on battles.

But please, we need a full mod swap and filter on categories!! It's a huge pain for everyone to change them around!!
  • Changing to saved squads should also save the mods.
    If they are different right now, just ask "do you want to equip mod sets for ..... Credits?"
    It should the automagically swap all mods around
  • When is this update coming?
  • DarthMalak wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    DarthMalak wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    To be able to move mods with squad, it means that you have enough credits to unlock the given modules. And what, do you want that if you have enough credits, it takes you those 100k credits you need to move all mods ? And what happens if you don't have enough credits to move your mods ?

It's a nice update and in addition for these mods migration, they could add a bunch of pre-selected mods that we can assign or not to any toon, including the price that it will cost to exchange the mods, since it's not for free.

Then you dont move your mods. Wth is wrong with you? Hahaha

Moving mods is really not my priority now, and I will hesitate when I will do it when I'll have to spend 200k by moving them. Give someone a finger, he will take the arm.

Dude just go back under that rock where you came from. No one will change mods for fun. You will move mods when you have to. And if you are raiding you will have the move mods. Why should i save teams without moving mods too????????????????????

The only 3 reasons I could think of NOT to move mods around are:

1) You are a whale, and have over 120 double digit speed mods, which is fine! :) If you spend money you should not go through the hassle of moving mods around.
    2) You are fine with a score 40% less than what you could have done, when you would have moved your arena mods over.
    3) You don't really care about Raid scores because you are just enjoying the game as it is.

Personally, I vary choosing option 2 or 3. :) PS. I'm really happy about the speed increase! awesome :)

4) Guild launches raids just before your arena payout, so you can't afford to move them off your arena squad.

I place at or near the top of my raid board anyway, but all my raids start as I'm picking my way through arena.
  • In all honesty i personally would hate for EA to add the ability to swap mods around.

I've spent so much of my time farming different mods and i've managed to amass a lot of mods and now im able to mod about 25 characters sufficiently (with the best mods obviously on my arena team). If EA allowed us to swap mods, this would mean 99% of my mod farming would all be for naught.

It sounds tough but those complaining about not having the ability to swap mods around should either start farming more mods at the espense of farming cantina toons or start paying for mods.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    In all honesty i personally would hate for EA to add the ability to swap mods around.

I've spent so much of my time farming different mods and i've managed to amass a lot of mods and now im able to mod about 25 characters sufficiently (with the best mods obviously on my arena team). If EA allowed us to swap mods, this would mean 99% of my mod farming would all be for naught.

It sounds tough but those complaining about not having the ability to swap mods around should either start farming more mods at the espense of farming cantina toons or start paying for mods.

People are doing this anyway.... just manually

And i dont see how that would make your mod farming "for naught"
  • Speed up will make buggie ship arena very interesting. B)
  • For everyone crying about not getting to move mods quickly, remember this is the FIRST QoL announcment, we dont know what is all in store, so we should wait before complaining
  • Soccean wrote: »
    For everyone crying about not getting to move mods quickly, remember this is the FIRST QoL announcment, we dont know what is all in store, so we should wait before complaining

EA_Jesse confirmed on twitter that mod movement wasn't happening.

Let the complaining commence!
  • Whoa, Jesse is a real person, i thought the devs were all robots with no heart...!

Just kiddin' ;D
  • wheres part 2?
  • Part 2 of the QOL update will be coming in the next few hours. We had a short delay with the videos.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings holotable heroes,

This week we're going to be highlighting features from our upcoming quality of life update. These features are meant to improve your play experiences and provide some other nifty improvements.

Today we're to talk about two new features, Saving Squad Configurations and Speeding Up Combat!
    • Saving Squad Configurations: Preset Squad Configurations can now be saved and selected in the squad selection screen. This feature is very robust allowing squads to be grouped into tabs (ex. AAT Squads) and rearranged/deleted.
    • Speed Up Combat: Combat speed can now be modified between three settings (1x, 2x, 4x). These speeds are independent of Auto or manual battle allowing increased speed while retaining manual strategy.

To see these new improvements in action be sure to check out the video from MobileGamer over on his channel.

https://youtu.be/Ti5Gx6_RfG4

Check back tomorrow as we'll be sharing details on other upcoming improvements to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

WheN is the quality of the shards in the redeem shops going to improve? Same old shard selection for 6 months and more. Update that too.
  • Looking forward to part 2 :)
  • Finally Love the speed. I would wish for a mod page instead of the team page

I mean if you need all speed mods on a main character then you have to move them around

An argument can be made that in time you will have enaugh mods for 2 characters or even 3 but then you will still have main 6 mods for speed secondary

also applys to all char you will allways have a full potency full crit chance full speed page needed. So why have 3+ pages of teams when you have to move the mods manually

I get you would like us to get mods for all the toons but you need a 16+ speed on somthing then you need to farm for weeks...for one mod...maybe get lucky with a blue/green and hope for 3 speed upgrades but for most the pages are useless at the moment since our time is lost on changing mods around...or just giving up

Point is we should have 10 mods setups and just add them to the characters we play with in raid/pvp or changing team etc etc.... so yeah there's that

I mean you go for potency on vader with a emperor lead only to manualy change to crit dmg base mods for the next thing you do on the same toon

Sure I only have to jugle mods around only about 3 times per day on 2 characters and just give it up on the rest of the team in raids but considering PVP it would be nice to have the mods pagesdone as unique and be able to choose a premade mod page ffor each toon you are playing rather then going rooster/change mods/confirm then go play the team

Now PLEASE UNDERSTAND I'm not complaining in any way I'm just saying that it gets very very teddious. I still do it but it's just so boring to change the mods between toons. and the point is even when you have 600 mods you will still need to change your top 6 speed mods around for maximum effect
    Greetings holotable heroes,

This week we're going to be highlighting features from our upcoming quality of life update. These features are meant to improve your play experiences and provide some other nifty improvements.

Today we're to talk about two new features, Saving Squad Configurations and Speeding Up Combat!
    • Saving Squad Configurations: Preset Squad Configurations can now be saved and selected in the squad selection screen. This feature is very robust allowing squads to be grouped into tabs (ex. AAT Squads) and rearranged/deleted.
    • Speed Up Combat: Combat speed can now be modified between three settings (1x, 2x, 4x). These speeds are independent of Auto or manual battle allowing increased speed while retaining manual strategy.

To see these new improvements in action be sure to check out the video from MobileGamer over on his channel.

https://youtu.be/Ti5Gx6_RfG4

Check back tomorrow as we'll be sharing details on other upcoming improvements to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

When will we se part 2?
  • Would love to see a damage score counter while actually in the Raids, if possible.
    Part 2 of the QOL update will be coming in the next few hours. We had a short delay with the videos.

:)

• We need some kind of mod management system. Would be great if squad management did it automatically but I understand why it can't. We should still be able to create and save some kind of custom mod sets that can be quickly removed and applied to any toon, for credits too as they are required for mod movements.
This discussion has been closed.