QoL game improvements - ***PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4! UPDATE*** (Comments) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Heads up PART 2!

EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings holotable heroes,

Here is the second part of our Quality of Life update preview!
    • Basics Only in Auto Battle: Auto Battle can now be configured to only use basic attacks. This setting can be enabled in the Battle Settings menu and provides the choice between Auto Battle using all abilities, using basic abilities only, and providing an option to select the desired behavior when tapping the button in combat.
    • Challenge Completion and Rewards
      • Character Gear Challenge rewards have been increased so that higher tiers always provide better rewards.
      • When the final tier is simmable for all Character Challenges, a multi-sim button is available to sim all available challenges at once. (Timers still apply)

Here is a video from MistPassiert that shows the above features in action:

https://youtu.be/vbu7mb4nDTs

But that's not all for today! Here are some other improvements we're making:
    • Preview Ability Upgrades: Ability levels can now be researched allowing players to make more informed choices regarding their investments.
    • Train/Enhance Screen Improvements: The unit’s desired level can now be selected and necessary resources will be automatically assigned.
    • Upgrading Mods:
      • The animation for upgrading a Mod is much faster and can be skipped.
      • Mods can be upgraded based on a desired level.

Be sure to check out the video from Remon_Azab showing these improvements in action.

https://youtu.be/fbNk0bkjmlQ

Check back tomorrow as we'll have more Quality of Life game improvements!
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Good stuff, very good stuff
  • Challenge Completion and Rewards = Epic Yay!
  • GREAT gear update!! Very nice indeed! Good job!
  • FINALLY. I can farm Mk3 Arakyd Droid Callers!!! THANK YOU
  • Best update yet. Thanks devs! Can't wait :)
  • I recall a friend requesting the ability to set (even one time only for the rest of eternity) the payout time for our arena and ship arena.

This is due to the fact that arenas pay out during one of two times: Peak travel time FROM work (5-6pm) or prime family / dinner time (same timeframe). The ability to customize our payout time to our schedules would be great insomuch as it would allow us to not be bound to the game at the expense of personal life and would improve our overall level of enjoyment in the game especially as it would decrease the personal life strain.

Respectfully,
    iN Colloff
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    It saves your mods when you save a squad? And out don't have to swap them around physically? Why have I invested in all these mods then?? Swing and a miss...I guess I only need a few mods from here on out...
  • The arena payout "problem" literally affects a small fraction of the top 1% of the players. I usually hang around position 20-50 and this will not affect me one bit. Let's see if the loudest voice wins or the sensible choice prevails.

This affects every player who has a job (with 'typical' hours) and/or family...I'm either sitting in traffic autoing a battle or just got home getting ready to eat/spend time with my kids...but yet my payout is during that entire window, instead of after 7-8 pm when my kids are asleep or before 6:30 am before I wake them up...don't assume that it only affects people trying to get top 1-5 at payout just because you settle for top 50
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Major shout-out to the team for improving the quality of my life!
    Great list of updates. Excited to see what else is in store on the next one.
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    colloff wrote: »
    I recall a friend requesting the ability to set (even one time only for the rest of eternity) the payout time for our arena and ship arena.

This is due to the fact that arenas pay out during one of two times: Peak travel time FROM work (5-6pm) or prime family / dinner time (same timeframe). The ability to customize our payout time to our schedules would be great insomuch as it would allow us to not be bound to the game at the expense of personal life and would improve our overall level of enjoyment in the game especially as it would decrease the personal life strain.

Respectfully,
    iN Colloff

Agreed although an even better solution could be to just reward based on highest rank in the day. You therefore don't have to hang around at a particular point in the day every day.

This would be a huge QOL improvement.

We actually have a thread on it already:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/920108#Comment_920108
  • The arena payout "problem" literally affects a small fraction of the top 1% of the players. I usually hang around position 20-50 and this will not affect me one bit. Let's see if the loudest voice wins or the sensible choice prevails.

This definitely affects a lot more than 1%.

But you're quite right, hopefully the sensible choice will prevail and they will change it rather than hearing your loud voice.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I recall a friend requesting the ability to set (even one time only for the rest of eternity) the payout time for our arena and ship arena.

Respectfully,
    iN Colloff

Agreed although an even better solution could be to just reward based on highest rank in the day. You therefore don't have to hang around at a particular point in the day every day.

Although this will make everyone happy I'm against it as it is way too easy and open for exploit (there are people that have a groups of shardmates working together and they just need to work in tandem) and I can see everyone ending up with 500 crystal participation prizes.

What makes arena so interesting and the biggest focus of everyone's squad building is everyone is competing for the same spot for the same resources at the same time.
  • Tjbear02 wrote: »
    FINALLY. I can farm Mk3 Arakyd Droid Callers!!! THANK YOU

Future generations won't understand the pain of farming these...
  • I don't have to farm droid callers OR hair dryers anymore?
    its-so-beautiful.gif?w=809
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Ultra wrote: »

Respectfully,
    iN Colloff

Although this will make everyone happy I'm against it as it is way too easy and open for exploit (there are people that have a groups of shardmates working together and they just need to work in tandem) and I can see everyone ending up with 500 crystal participation prizes.

What makes arena so interesting and the biggest focus of everyone's squad building is everyone is competing for the same spot for the same resources at the same time.

I'm not sure that's very accurate. Shardmates already work together to make sure people stay out of their payouts and let people get to #1. This won't be much different at all. In fact there's likely to be more competition as you won't know exactly when people are going to be battling.

In addition to this, squadmates working together is only really seen in the top 20 of shards. There are still hundreds of other people battling to just stay under rank 50, rank 100, etc. In the top 20 of my shard, there are very few overlaps of timezone. Most of them get into #1 during their payout currently anyway.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I don't find the most interesting part of arena being that I'm locked out of battling anyone in the last 15 minutes of fleet because someone in #1 decides to battle me in #4 then immediately refreshes with crystals to battle me again leaving me to not be able to do anything for the last 15 minutes of my payout.
  • I dig what I'm hearing so far. Perfect timing as Netmarble has just done an amazing QOL update as well as of 2/23.

These changes look great. 2 thumbs up
  • anonidude
    702 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Im sold - when do we get it?
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    I don't have to farm droid callers OR hair dryers anymore?

I know *sniff* . The hardest swgoh decisions ever
  • colloff wrote: »

Respectfully,
    iN Colloff

+1

Btw, awesome improvements devs, very appreciated :)
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    I don't have to farm droid callers OR hair dryers anymore?

So much this. Really hated doing one or the other. Probably the change Im most excited for.
    This is a signature.
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    "Preview Ability Upgrades: Ability levels can now be researched allowing players to make more informed choices regarding their investments."

A nice touch for the launch of this would be a reset of all heroes and allow us to reapply existing gear. Or, if possible and easier 5 special tokens that result in the reset of 5 heroes. I think we all could find 5 heroes we wish we never invested in. Either way, this would be a "removal or retrieval" of the final gear on 5 heroes of our choosing. If need be, it could be a complete reset of a hero to level 1, with the addition of training droids based on the level of xp applied to each of the 5 heroes chosen.

Post edited by SikrouDeco on
  • Love the multi sim and the improved gear rewards wooo
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Khayman wrote: »
    Love the multi sim and the improved gear rewards wooo

THIS! THIS! THIS! THANK YOU DEVS!

Sorry for the all caps - I'm just very pleased with this part of the QOL improvements. I also think the "basic only" auto is sweet - great for GW, especially on Tuesdays.

Good stuff.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The changes to the challenges are Fantastic - absolutely cannot wait!
  • Okay, my tech side is surfacing. BEFORE this goes live (Like as soon as you finish reading this) record/write your player id and ally number for any and all SWGOH accounts you have. I may be worrying about nothing but it is better to and not need it, then say oh c...
  • Finn
    111 posts Member
    Great update better then getting new 7* toon for me the real question now is when as I need my mk3 caller droid now
  • Looks like you can favorite certain toons too.
  • Thankyou GOD thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!
  • 3aMoOoRR
    47 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Big Thanks to the devs for This update! Great work :star:
This discussion has been closed.