Wedge/Biggs Lando teams are way too overpowered.

It makes the game unfair and unbearable, plus an insult to cannon to elevate such minor characters (with the exception of Lando).

Please tone them down. Its way overdue.

By the way, my ally code is 166-274-764, in case you were wondering what I have contributed to the game.
The Knights of Ren 10

Replies

• Agreed.
  • Will there be any hard counters to the Biggs, Wedge, Lando team?

I would like to see General Grevious with a unique ability to Counter each supporting character in a Synergized attack.
  • Will there be any hard counters to the Biggs, Wedge, Lando team?

I would like to see General Grevious with a unique ability to Counter each supporting character in a Synergized attack.

GG is hard to farm, so not really a viable option for most.
  • ChiNane wrote: »
    If a team composition dominates the Arena at 80/90% you can be sure you messed up.

Doesn't seem THAT hard to fix, though.
    - Wedge: If a player scored at least one critical, heal him for X (somewhat similar to the RG's healing passive) at the end of his turn, instead of healing on every single critical (which is nuts for AoE users)
    - Biggs: if Wedge is present, he assists at +10% compared to and not additionally to, but instead of another assist
    - Lando: don't reset his special on crits, just decrease CD by 1 (maybe 2)

Fixed. Well, mostly anyway.

All this!
    Lando's reset is nuts.
  • Agreed.

It is a disaster to this game's growth with such a broken combo. It isn't fun to play or play against. It's cheesy, lame and disgusting.
  • Agreed.

I got my characters to around level 70 and the endless rebel teams stopped my GW and Arena progress in its tracks.

It's a massive game breaker, a failure in development and one of the main reasons I stopped playing.
  • (any second now some hero will post how they can beat them every time)
  • Lando's reset is nuts.
    (any second now some hero will post how they can beat them every time)

Lol Bring it on, I'd like to know what they do that the rest of us don't see! haha
  • Jedi_Reach
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    They are beatable sometimes. I beat them with a qgj lead but it doesn't mean it's balanced. Pair them with baze and it's the most disgusting thing I've seen in recent game history. The difficulty of fighting them isn't even worth the challenge and that's a huge problem when a team isn't even worth fighting for challenge sake.

• I farmed zeta for QGJ and run a mostly jedi team, all level 85, gear 10 or 11. Even with foresight after every character death I still only beat these teams half the time, stupidly overpowered.
  • Lando is super broken his special has no cost, no drawbacks
  • Get a fast empire team! 'Nuf said.
  • Totally agree. One or two abilities is fine. He has the high critic attack: Ok BUT now ur telling me 100% turn meter on a critical hit plus he gets to do more critical damage? No thanks, please tone it down.
  • Bring up equivalent synergy power with GMT+Veers vs Wiggs.
  • Bring up equivalent synergy power with GMT+Veers vs Wiggs.

Who uses Veers?
  • wolfmith
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    It's really hard. I've beat this combo in the GW node 12 with my stun team, but I had to make them waste their CDs with 1 or 2 suicide lvl1 teams and then proceed to play the same match about 50 times trying to get the RNG to work in my favor and not get obliterated in 2 turns. Can't do that in the Arena though.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I have great gear and level with my Lando and Wiggs - but I refuse to play them in arena!!!

I refuse to be another Lando & Wiggs arena team!!! There are so many out there its boring!

I struggle to stay competitive in arena due to the gear crunch though -
    (which is another story, I never get needed gear from raids and farming and perhaps there should be special gear events - see my suggestions in the events feedback section)
    - my team is way more powerful than most Lando & Wiggs teams a face, but they still give me a run for my money - which says a lot to their over power and speed.

Speed is a big issue with arena, if these lando & Wiggs teams get to go first, you are finished.

Arena is boring - I don't feel that any character needs a "nerf" but there should be a better way of releasing teams to avoid this meta thing.

Nihilus is out - lets say Sith are the new meta - then arena will be flooded with teams of nihilus and sith! - but if the Dev team made sith vulnerable to jedi, then jedi are vulnerable to rebels, then rebels are vulnerable sith - then you have eliminated the "meta" and aspects of the game, such as arena can be fun again.
  • Honestly I have little issues ( level 79 currently but been fighting these teams in my Shard for a while ) with the Wiggs/Lando teams, even adding in the STH or Fett into the mix. The team is a full counter team, and until yesterday was pretty promising on holding onto being able to beat them out.
    Yep, the Chaze adding to it, makes it much more RNG for me, but normally able to handle them semi okay.
  • I completely agree that the Wiggs/Lando combo is far too overpowered. My Arena power is 27,000 with a 6-7 star Fett/Vader/Windu/Luminara/Consular combo and a power level 24,000 Wiggs/Lando team (usually 5-6 star) will give me a good run every time... 25,000+ amd they'll likely beat me... and when you add in a powered up Princess Leia/Scarif Rebel Pathfinder or a Baze/Chirrut combo to the mix, they become **** near unbeatable!

However, in the battles where I have beaten them, I used to go after Wedge first because he usually has he least amount of hitpoints, but now I focus all out on Biggs right away. If you can take him down and that team loses his "comrade in arm" ability, the rest of the team will crumble fairly quick as their synergies are totally thrown off.

I don't mind the competition, but it does take away from the game when 50% or more of the arena teams are the same... becomes repeatitive when people have no incentive to power up and try out other characters and team combo's...

I for one would absolutely love to see the Ewoks and Tuskens get a big upgrade and become competitive arena teams with powerful synergies...
  • now see,
    that is different then my approach by far. I always drop Wedge first, followed by Lando, normally leaving Biggs for last every time. My main reasoning, is that I am a counter team, and tend to counter any attack, also I repubution on most, so you have three to five people attacking on any AoE.
    Of course, this makes things difficult with STH, but happens and I live through it. Biggs though, I leave because of his TM regen on being hit with a Crit, since I crit often I find him almost single handed taking me out ^^
  • now see,
    that is different then my approach by far. I always drop Wedge first, followed by Lando, normally leaving Biggs for last every time. My main reasoning, is that I am a counter team, and tend to counter any attack, also I repubution on most, so you have three to five people attacking on any AoE.
    Of course, this makes things difficult with STH, but happens and I live through it. Biggs though, I leave because of his TM regen on being hit with a Crit, since I crit often I find him almost single handed taking me out ^^

Makes sense, team composition definitely influences strategy. Your team is more of an endurance based, counter team and my team is designed to be a 2 turn powerhouse team; kinda like powering up the Death Star! haha

I use Boba and Vader to build up the AoE debuffs on round 1 and bring the pain on round two with massive hits from Execute and Saber Throw that has one shot kill potential... I'll sometimes swap Mace for Sidious if the opposing team has no taunters for an even bigger 2nd round attack.

PRO: often results in getting the first kill of the match and huge momentum advantage that leads to victory

CON: if the other team manages to survive the onslaught or removes all the debuffs (Akbar with Wiggs/Lando is very dangerous to me and must be taken out first), then I could be in a lot of trouble...
  • that and Chir will remove them as well ^^
    been using JKA lately for my debuffs on Baze, works wonders, but Chir can remove it with ease. one more omega piece and JKA will not have to worry about that as much, since he will be able to apply it much easier.
    I also find this helping in the fact that it stops Lando, Biggs, and Wedge from their crit heals as well, since he will be countering them most of the time as well.
  • I get combo hooks but it seems we are all going to end up with slightly similar variations of the same 5 or 6 toons based on how the numbers work out. So every has lando/wiggs or baze/chi or a mix of the two. So why so many other characters? Oh to spend money and time.
  • I do not use Lando, Biggs, Wedge, Baze or Chir
  • It makes the game unfair and unbearable, plus an insult to cannon to elevate such minor characters (with the exception of Lando).

Please tone them down. Its way overdue.

By the way, my ally code is 166-274-764, in case you were wondering what I have contributed to the game.

Wait till you get to the competitive ranks... then you wish that was all you were facing.