The k2so effect.

Prev13
You all remember the k2so event? Where he was hitting like 12k crits and just beasting.. And then he was released and became a ****. The same ploy is going on with nihilus right now. Expect him to be much, much weaker in game.

Replies

• I don't remember cause I am iOS user :(
  • K2so had thankfully had no effect on me in any way
  • Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Josetxu93 wrote: »
    I don't remember cause I am iOS user :(

Ha! And +1. #NeverForgetK2
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This was my thinking too.
  • For an IOS user K2so is one of the worst characters in the game.. Mostly because:
    1) free android event
    2) shard shop troll shards
    3) not that good anyway
  • Like driving a Ferrari. You drive it and you want it because it's shiny and awesome, so you buy it. Then you realize that it still needs maintenance, and it's very expensive.
  • Like driving a Ferrari. You drive it and you want it because it's shiny and awesome, so you buy it. Then you realize that it still needs maintenance, and it's very expensive.

lol true, but I would not call K2 a ferrari tho
  • Is k2 like driving a rental all the time instead of just buying a beater then?
  • Josetxu93 wrote: »

#NeverForgetK2
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Like driving a Ferrari. You drive it and you want it because it's shiny and awesome, so you buy it. Then you realize that it still needs maintenance, and it's very expensive.

He was a ferrari in the event. It's more like test driving a Ferrari, then buying it the next day, only to figure out later the dealership swapped the engine with a mini van over night.
  • He's alright, nothing great. His daze is nice, his auto taunt is OK, his counter is junk.
  • Remember that the Darth Nihilus in the last tier of the event is 7-star with max abilities and what you will unlock is only 3-star and even with max abilities he won't be as strong at 3-stars. Don't expect DN to perform the same unless you're willing to pay $1,000 to promote him to 7-stars.
  • Annihilate will work just as well at 3* as at 7*.
  • SubzeeeDon wrote: »

#NeverForgetK2

Lol - hold a grudge about something completely non-consequential. I love the hyperbole on the interwebs. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Take_a_Bite
    352 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I remember that k2 was a free 7*...

For androids! :unamused:

This
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Like driving a Ferrari. You drive it and you want it because it's shiny and awesome, so you buy it. Then you realize that it still needs maintenance, and it's very expensive.

more like a beetle or whatever its called.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The Nihilus presented in tier 4 of the event is G11, Ability rank 7. So, yes, he is powerful. He also has invisible buffs equivalent to offense up, speed up, and health up. This is to compensate for the approximately 30% stat bonus mods account for, which I can't apply any other way. How you mod a unit is very important, but with time you can get your Darth Nihilus to be very close, if not better, then the one you borrow for the event.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Good to know, thanks cap!
  • Also, remember that as an "ally" unit, you're getting Nihilus' leader ability which when maxed out does a few different things. If he isn't a leader, your Nihilus won't hit as hard.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • CG should take note of this thread and use it as example. the slightest bit of communication is so important and shuts down most complaints.
  • k2 was never good for me.. even in the event !
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Also, remember that as an "ally" unit, you're getting Nihilus' leader ability which when maxed out does a few different things. If he isn't a leader, your Nihilus won't hit as hard.

This...since he's a borrowed character, you're getting two leader abilities in the event, so it's not comparable to arena.

I remember people talking about how K2 hit hard in the event, but personally didn't notice. I think he was a lot slower than my other toons though, so by his turn there wasn't much left to hit.
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

He was a ferrari in the event. It's more like test driving a Ferrari, then buying it the next day, only to figure out later the dealership swapped the engine with a mini van over night.

Hey, it holds nothing to a Ferrari, but my minivan has a 3.5L 24 valve v6. Not quite the standard in crappy engines any more. Maybe say like a Chevy Impala or something.
  • Your minivan is better than a ferrari because people who buy ferraris forget they live in suburbs with 500 feet between stoplights and speed limits and need a back seat.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I don't think I've ever seen K2 crit for 12k. Even in the event. His kit isn't centered on offense, he's just a PITA.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    You all remember The Android Fiasco?

FTFY

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • I was just talking to a guild mate the other day about this K2 was crit dmg for 10+k and once I got him he was complete ****. Now there bunging up the shard shop with him when no one wants him. Hope nihilus isn't all hype no action too
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Jamiesboss wrote: »
    I was just talking to a guild mate the other day about this K2 was crit dmg for 10+k and once I got him he was complete ****. Now there bunging up the shard shop with him when no one wants him. Hope nihilus isn't all hype no action too

Dev already said the Nihilus in the event is stronger then the one you will get since they buffed him to simulate mods.

Add to your assumption list that the borrowed character in any event will be stronger than the character you get to use.

Legit. +all the numbers

Also... It's like this with the bosses of the gear/rewards challenges too. I was **** after farming Savage to find his slam power wasn't AOE when maxed since the challenge one did. That's straight up not the same ability!
    gunff wrote: »
    CG should take note of this thread and use it as example. the slightest bit of communication is so important and shuts down most complaints.

+100

It's always appreciated when they chime in, it genuinely helps every time. Counter to that, crazy frustrating when they don't. Like in that thread about an Android only release character and tourney. Remember how **** IOS players were, and how the only answer about what the deal was came from smug Android users? If only I could remember what that was all about....
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Muaddib wrote: »

Legit. +all the numbers

Also... It's like this with the bosses of the gear/rewards challenges too. I was **** after farming Savage to find his slam power wasn't AOE when maxed since the challenge one did. That's straight up not the same ability!
    gunff wrote: »
    CG should take note of this thread and use it as example. the slightest bit of communication is so important and shuts down most complaints.

+100

It's always appreciated when they chime in, it genuinely helps every time. Counter to that, crazy frustrating when they don't. Like in that thread about an Android only release character and tourney. Remember how **** IOS players were, and how the only answer about what the deal was came from smug Android users? If only I could remember what that was all about....

I remember lots of answers coming from iOS users that typically had ***** in the answers.