February release notes

Replies

• I'm stoked for everything in this update except this jedi event thing.

For newer players. Or even mid term players like me, only a few tools at lvl60, this will be an impossible task, and we'll never have a chance at the new character (Yoda, cough cough, I presume ). I mean I currently only have 2 jedi characters, and neither are 7 stars. It's like you are rewarding those who spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars with a super rare character.

I understand the idea and exclusivity but I think it needs to he toned down a bit.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I hate they nerfed Asajj Ventress. Why? Why would they do that? The dark side has virtually no healers as it is, so why remove one?

This is not a nerf. It's fixing a bug - just like Leia was not supposed to do critical 100% of the time, Asajj was not supposed to heal others as the ability description clearly states it should only heal her.

Does it suck? Yes. Is it a nerf? Nope.

• BigCam wrote: »
    I'm stoked for everything in this update except this jedi event thing.

For newer players. Or even mid term players like me, only a few tools at lvl60, this will be an impossible task, and we'll never have a chance at the new character (Yoda, cough cough, I presume ). I mean I currently only have 2 jedi characters, and neither are 7 stars. It's like you are rewarding those who spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars with a super rare character.

I understand the idea and exclusivity but I think it needs to he toned down a bit.

You only need 5-1* Jedi to begin the event. They don't need to be 7* until the final stage.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    When is this happeninf
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @EA_Jesse, perhaps I can shed some light on Ventress's Strike Fear ability and the "bug associated with it not dispelling all debuffs":

The ability appears to be working as intended (in this aspect), but Asajj lacks potency compared to the tenacity values most characters possess. Thus, it gets resisted quite frequently. It's function is similar to QGJ's humbling blow and Mace Windu's smite in the fact that their potency rolls against the opponent's tenacity to determine success rates. Asajj's strike fear shouldn't just automatically erase positive buffs by bypassing this method. Perhaps find a way to tack on more potency of this is the case (and it's not unique to Ventress)?

Aside from that, there some instances where passive stat changes due to unique skills for characters end up resulting in visible buff icons. For example, Nute Gunray's unique gives him bonus defense per living allied character and often-times he ends up having a "Defense Up" icon over his head (errantly?). This cannot be dispelled, since it's the result of a passive. Another example would be a Jedi knight Guardian's passive causing an existing defense up buff icon (from its special, Saberthrow) to remain indefinitely if its health drops below 50% prior to the expiration of the defense up buff's duration. Seems like the passive adjusts the Guardian's defense value (which is being compounded by the buff) in some way, and when the conditions for the passive are met, the resulting defense up icon (not certain if the actual defense up buff effect remains, however) will remain indefinitely, and cannot be dispelled as well.

Lastly, certain buffs simply cannot be "dispelled": Retribution, and Foresight, for example. Retribution simply cannot be removed. Foresight causes any dispelling effect to miss before it can even roll for resists.

Then, there's the whole "multiple buffs/debuffs" issue with dispels/cleanses not registering. Much of which is attributed to upgraded versions of debuffs and buffs that have been upgraded for extended durations. Also becomes an issue when multiple versions of the same buff or debuff are applied from separate sources. I believe THESE to be the source of most issues associated with dispels/cleanses not removing them, in which case the "bug" is attributed to these upgraded skills that apply the buffs/debuffs, not the dispel/cleanse skills honestly.

I hope this helps shed some light on the matter.
    Post edited by SinnerWill on
  • I like what I am seeing in the update except one thing... Poe. The fact of how much time and effort that went into farming him into 7* because of his usefulness is now moot. He is now "Like the other tanks" as Jesse eloquently put it.
    He was not bugged, there was nothing to fix that was not correct. Now he is nerfed because of his ability that THEY made him to be. There are already useful strategies to beat Poe teams... The people that spent all that time and effort are basically told to QQ and suck it up. I personally do not think that is fair. When they fixed Princess Phew Phew it was due to a bug... FOTP.. bug... Poe~~sorry guys we made him too good and we know you spent hours and cash starring him up, but too bad there is too many people crying about him in game now.

Kind of reminds me of the current political environment :(

lol, you serious?. He still will be as OP as he is now, and probably you won't even notice the expose reduction, 50% still is high, and his expose never was the problem to begin whit.

How we'll know this wasn't a nerf at all? Cuz now we'll get to see even more Poe on arena.
    With the new system that will allow to see the entire opponent team those who don't have Poe will be hunt down, so in order to don't drop your arena rank everyone will need Poe.
    Those of us who didn't want to play him, though we have him, don't have a choice now in order to keep our ranks, even if playing him means power reduction still will be safer than don't playing him.
  • This is a good start. I know that a lot of us want to see more game balance fixes, but we have to understand that the devs need to proceed with caution. Whenever they change a character, someone is going to be livid because we have all spent a lot of time farming these toons and some of us have spent a lot of money.

I think the way forward for character fixes will be to help the weaker characters, not to nerf anyone. That way, they won't alienate all of us who spent a lot of resources on getting Poe after we realized it was the only way to be competitive in PvP (for instance). For this reason, I wasn't against freeing up QGJ to F2P players even though I have hundreds of dollars into chromium packs and a 7* QGJ. I'm just glad they didn't give him a node.

Let's encourage the devs to buff those Plo Koons and Ahsokas. Great job (I think) with Mace!
  • The ally system had a minor improvement, but I feel like you should be able to select a rep unit for your allies. At least have one LS and one DS.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If your going to fix FOTP's double tap then actually fix it because a lot of times he just does a single tap. So if you fix the triple tap make sure he never single tap.

Why would you nerf Ventris who is the slowest toon in the game and a char no one uses anyway.
  • Mizo wrote: »
    If your going to fix FOTP's double tap then actually fix it because a lot of times he just does a single tap. So if you fix the triple tap make sure he never single tap.

Why would you nerf Ventris who is the slowest toon in the game and a char no one uses anyway.

Because they can nerf whoever they want and if she's the slowest and no one uses her then why are you whining about it?
  • Cant Wait!!!!
  • All looks good to me. Those people who are saying that because they haven't reduced/removed Poe's turn meter effect means it will be the same meta can't say that for certain. You have no idea what new characters are being added and what they will bring to the game, so until this information is revealed I suggest you stop whining.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Merkur0m wrote: »
    Thrill time! <cheers and applaudes>

Boo to those who started whining before even testing the update!
    What did you expect? That they would transform Poe from "top tier character" into a "useless pile of sh..." just like that? Very fair for those who dedicated tons of resources on the character, huh?

He's getting tuned down, I would at least have the decency to test the new Poe before playing the outraged drama. They are monitoring things and will keep monitoring after update. If Poe needs further debuff, he'll get it.

Great Job EA, and thank you! = )

I doubt he'll get any further attention. his utility as a character has so little to do with his expose it's not funny. but that's how they figure to balance him tweak his expose chance down? don't need to "test" the new poe to know that has no impact on his impact on arena. It still comes down to who ever gets the luck of having first poe action wins with the exception of some really nasty bad damage/ability procs which sometimes will save the day for the person not lucky enough to have his poe go first.
  • Mizo wrote: »

It's not nerfing if they are simply making her work the way she was always supposed to. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings,

First Event – Featuring a New Character!
    • One of the most-frequently requested characters is now available! In this inaugural Event, players can Battle to win Shards for this character in their customized training Battles.
    • This Event features seven stages which must be unlocked progressively. Only Jedi units are allowed. The requirements for each Stage are also based on the star rarity of the Jedi units.
    • The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards of the new character, and unlock Stage 2.
    • Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.
    • This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed.

This is the most crap I've ever seen. Let's just give all the whales in this game a clear advantage...who has 5 Jedi at 7*??? C'mon...
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Amish_Ace wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings,

• One of the most-frequently requested characters is now available! In this inaugural Event, players can Battle to win Shards for this character in their customized training Battles.
    • This Event features seven stages which must be unlocked progressively. Only Jedi units are allowed. The requirements for each Stage are also based on the star rarity of the Jedi units.
    • The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards of the new character, and unlock Stage 2.
    • Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.
    • This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed.

This is the most crap I've ever seen. Let's just give all the whales in this game a clear advantage...who has 5 Jedi at 7*??? C'mon...

So get your wallet out!

I already have...but I'm not going to spend thousands like some ppl have. The couple hundred I've spent is sad enough really.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »

New Events System
    • A key feature in this update is a brand new Events system. This system replaces the old Key Card Events, and will enable our designers to craft a wide variety of Event types, structures, and themes.
    • To provide interesting and challenging scenarios, the new system can restrict the type, number, category, and rarity of units eligible for a given Event.
    • Events can allow limitless attempts, a limited number of attempts, or be non-repeatable.
    • Most Events are expected to be available for a limited time. An exception are the Training Droid and Credits Events which were previously available in the Key Card system. Those two events will also be available in the new Events system, and are expected to always be available.
    • A limited time Event can re-appear at a later date after its time limit has expired. Players' progress will be saved from previous attempts.
    • As part of this change, the old Key Card collection table has been removed.

• This will be the only place to gain Shards of the new character. The new character is not expected to be for sale or acquirable elsewhere in the game.

@EA_Jesse , does this event have a lvl 52 requirement to unlock it just like the current Magnet battles? If so, I'll have to grind my levels before even farming 5 Jedis (or while farming them). I'm currently level 48...
  • Sure happy I never drank the rush to Poe because hes uber, not saying hes not viable now, but I feel rewarded for spending the resources on Jedi and a large unlocked player base as opposed to 10 fully maxed characters.
    Greetings,

At least F2P or moderate spenders can unlock the character at 5* after Stage 5. I doubt I'll ever get this character to 7*, but 5* is ok for me.
    Greetings,

At least F2P or moderate spenders can unlock the character at 5* after Stage 5. I doubt I'll ever get this character to 7*, but 5* is ok for me.

Wait....re-reading it again, if you continually need 5 Jedi's with 1* at Stage 1, etc, Ill be stuck at Stage 3 since it's gonna take time to get my Jinn, Tano and JC to 4*!! Ughhh
    Greetings,

Wait....re-reading it again, if you continually need 5 Jedi's with 1* at Stage 1, etc, Ill be stuck at Stage 3 since it's gonna take time to get my Jinn, Tano and JC to 4*!! Ughhh

Exactly...it caters to the P2W players...good for them I guess. Just another ploy to get EA more $$$$.
  • I love it. This will keep the game fun and exciting for a while getting 5 jedis to the 7 star. I am thinking i go lumi consular barrass 4sure and then maybe koth(since it will be easy with arena tokens) and mace since it looks like hes taking a fat buff. keep it up guys and thank you for the expected patch notes. I am also really excited to see who they put in the shard shop. i am hoping for anakin or obi wan maybe. i hope theres like 2-4 unfarmable characters that become farmable in the shard shop!
  • I think that since the event goes around Jedis, there should be more farming locations for them. Galaxy War only has Luminara as a possible Jedi claim.

Arena shipments has: Eeth Koth.

Compare to Cantina shipments: It has Ahsoka, Jedi Knight Guardian, and Qui-Gon Jinn.
    And Cantina missions are the go-to place to farm shards also for: Jedi Consular, Mace Windu, Plo Koon, and Barriss Offee.

IMO you should drop Jedi shards in more places. Arena and Cantina shipments should have at least two Jedis.

As you add more characters to the game, you should also make some of them claimable from shipments.

Currently there are card-only obtainable Jedis: Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, Obi-Wan Kenobi

Only obtainable in hard missions (3 attempts per day): Jedi Knight Anakin, Ima-Gun Di

---

IMO: JKA and IGD which are already obtainable in plain missions should be made available one each in Arena and GW.

• I think that since the event goes around Jedis, there should be more farming locations for them. Galaxy War only has Luminara as a possible Jedi claim.

Arena shipments has: Eeth Koth.

Compare to Cantina shipments: It has Ahsoka, Jedi Knight Guardian, and Qui-Gon Jinn.
    And Cantina missions are the go-to place to farm shards also for: Jedi Consular, Mace Windu, Plo Koon, and Barriss Offee.

IMO you should drop Jedi shards in more places. Arena and Cantina shipments should have at least two Jedis.

As you add more characters to the game, you should also make some of them claimable from shipments.

Currently there are card-only obtainable Jedis: Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, Obi-Wan Kenobi

Only obtainable in hard missions (3 attempts per day): Jedi Knight Anakin, Ima-Gun Di

---

IMO: JKA and IGD which are already obtainable in plain missions should be made available one each in Arena and GW.

Wait for Shaak-Ti to be released in GW shipments and Ki-Adi-Mundi in Arena Shipments right after the event!
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Excited to try out all of these changes.

I'm apprehensive about Poe. His strength is his overwhelming, unmatched speed. No other tank comes close, which means nobody can get a "taunt shield" over your team faster than Poe can. And since the first round of the arena is often the most important... that means a great deal.

Until that's addressed in some way, I don't think we're going to see this problem go away. Making it easier to dispel the taunt doesn't really fix the problem; all it does is force you to run one of the very few dispelling characters, which further homogenizes the pool of viable team compositions.

Still... everything else sounds great. Thanks!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Great update....If I read it right, for those complaining about the Jedi event...this event will come, go and come back. It is part of an on-going event series. If you don't have your 5 7* Jedi yet, eventually you will. It is something to build and work towards over the coming year(s). All in all, the fixes are really proper for a first major update to a new game. Excited about it!

• Im nearly willing to bet crystals that we see Jedi Starter/Booster Packs in the store right before launch.
  • Im nearly willing to bet crystals that we see Jedi Starter/Booster Packs in the store right before launch.

Hope so. #SUATMM
  • Where are his updated abilities available?

The Thetans are keeping them hidden on Xenu, you must complete OT XIII to access them.

****.....I thought it was stored at Gold Base along with those indestructible versions of LRH's books.....