QoL game improvements - ***PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4! UPDATE*** (Comments) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Magilla262 wrote: »
    How about a real use for the MK 4 A/KT Stun Guns everyone has lying around. We get tons from the gear challenges but, unlike Carbati salvage, have no actual use for them. Sure, they are part of the MK 5 Nubian Design Tech, which is a part of the MK 3 Zaltin Bacta Gel, but I'm never going to be close to running out of them. The "gear crunch" could be eased if you created a merchant shop (i.e. a use for Jabba the Hut) where I could trade a certain number same tier gears (purple for purple) each day.

Can't do that it would be too useful...
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • I would like a button to automatically place and upgrade the gear level of a toon when all pieces are present. And also, a Preview Gear Upgrades tab in game to avoid using swgoh.gg to know what gear you need for every gear level.
  • Heads up PART 2!

Check back tomorrow as we'll have more Quality of Life game improvements!
    [/quote]

So there is a part 3?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @Luuuuke1717 Right-a-roonie! This update should be going up later today.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Awesome.

• THIRD UPDATE

EA_Jesse wrote: »
    It's time for round 3 of our Quality of Life game update preview!
    • Player Profile
      • A player's fleet arena ships and ship inventory can now be viewed in the player's profile.
      • The players XP bar and level have been updated to include the player’s name and look tappable. Many players were not aware they could view their own player profile.
      • New stat added "Fleet Arena Battles Won"
    • Guild Leader Message: Guild Leaders can now set a persistent message at the top of chat allowing them to communicate important information.
    • Improved Home Button: To enable easier navigation in the Guild Room and Ship Room, the Home button (upper right corner) will be contextual to the current room. (Cantina, Guild Room, Ship Room). For example, when viewing the Raid Leaderboard, the home button will be replaced with a Guild Room button.
    • Squad Arena Daily Activity will be reduced from 3 attempts to 2 attempts for players that have the Fleet Arena daily activity.
    • Allies: Players can now make more informed decisions around their Allies
      • Guild names have been added to Ally Management and Requests including Ally Request inbox messages and post battle Ally Requests.
      • Potential Ally’s player profile can be viewed when an Ally Request inbox message is received.
      • Current Allies now display Guild name and last active time to allow easier management.
    • Favorite Unit: A unit can now be identified as a favorite allowing easy identification when viewing the character/ship inventory.
      • A filter exists for only viewing these units.
    • Guild Management: The "Last Login" filter in Guild Management has been updated to "Last Activity" to convey a more accurate time period since the player has last played the game. “Last Login” had the potential to not update for highly active players that never closed the game.

Check out some of these features in the video below from Warrior from Team Instinct.

https://youtu.be/T9hNTHiClKg

Stay tuned as we will be sharing the final details of the next update tomorrow!
  • Update 3 seems meh
  • Love the guild and UI improvements. Any word on tracking of daily raid tickets obtained?

• DrewR
    272 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Now only thing missing is click on a character and all gears needed to next level will pop out with a total amount of crystal needed and a buy button.
  • Update 3 is by far the worst of the 3, but worst is still awesome! Personally, I am still waiting for the bronzium pack opening to be at least x8+, but these changes are pretty awesome! Keep it up guys :).
    Also, is there a 4th one coming soon? Thought I had heard Warrior say there were 4 youtubers involved, 1 has each part, but not 100%.
  • Tjbear02 wrote: »
    Update 3 is by far the worst of the 3, but worst is still awesome! Personally, I am still waiting for the bronzium pack opening to be at least x8+, but these changes are pretty awesome! Keep it up guys :).
    Also, is there a 4th one coming soon? Thought I had heard Warrior say there were 4 youtubers involved, 1 has each part, but not 100%.

"Stay tuned as we will be sharing the final details of the next update tomorrow!"
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    New stat added "Fleet Arena Battles Won"
    What's the point of this?
    I never understood the point of the "Arena Battles Won" stat we already have
    And yes it's a sincere question
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • So from watching the video, it looks like you only see people's starting fleet? Anyone know if you can see what reinforcements they have?
  • I'd love at least the chance of a stun cuff or a purple hair dryer in challenges
  • There are good changes, but I don't see one of the most annoying things being improved... and that is refreshing during arena to hit players who are in a higher rank. Why should rank 14 have to refresh a bunch of times to get rank 9 to show up? Just do a scroll option so we can pick which one to hit please, thank you.
  • @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse at each part of the update, you are making me nervous, anxious to get this on my phone.

Sooo....

fJW2jK0akgkhi.gif
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    W-L records on AI controlled battle will be way more fun.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    DrewR wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    W-L records on AI controlled battle will be way more fun.

We used to have those stats, it was tricky to get as you needed to ask someone to give you an ally request, and then they had to post a screenshot of your stats
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I like all those features, I think you did a good job hearing the community wishes, keep acting like this and this game will be great!
  • So, can someone tell me plz when these great updates will be on?

Is there still a part 4 to the upgrade?
  • So the home button steps back one step instead of going home.... Isn't that what the arrow in the top left does? I always use that to step back and home to go home... Seems like there are now 2 buttons to do the same thing, and going back to home is extra steps.
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    So, can someone tell me plz when these great updates will be on?

Is there still a part 4 to the upgrade?

This please. ^^^^
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This was a let down after yesterday. Still holding hope for something really good tomorrow. Besides the the challenge gear update I am indifferent over the rest
  • First update was ok. Nothing overly special but positive improvements. Second update was great as it will somewhat alleviate the gear crunch.
    This update....what's the point? Terribly underwhelming.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    First update was ok. Nothing overly special but positive improvements. Second update was great as it will somewhat alleviate the gear crunch.
    This update....what's the point? Terribly underwhelming.

Maybe they're leaving the best till last. Tomorrow they unveil that we get rid of set payout times!

giphy.gif
  • Thank you for all these updates. The new challenge reward and sim is awesome and I am glad for the speed and basic auto, it will be awesome for GW. I'm really looking forward for these updates to be active. Keep up the great work!
  • Btw, what's the point with that "going back to last screen" icon? We still have the arrow at the left upside corner, it's used for that isn't it?

Trully, that update (part 3) doesn't seem to be very usefull...
  • I fill my friends list with members of the guild I am in. We randomly have members join/leave, so it can be a pain keeping the list current. The current allies now display guild name will make it much easier to do.

We like to talk in guild chat but sometimes spam away a recent message from the gm before everyone can view it. The persistent guild leader message is a nice fix for that. Another great update!

Thanks, I can't wait to see part 4.
  • PLEASE do something about the awkward arena payout time structure. I too would like to be able to go to class and spend that specific time with my family. Loving the updates tho. Thank you guys.
This discussion has been closed.