Counter to Nihilus?

Prev13
Is there even one right now?

Replies

• Yes. It is called, any team because he isn't even out yet. Stop being a little complaining noob basically saying he is OP before you even see him in arena
  • Characters that can inflict ability block. Characters that can inflict healing immunity. Faster, high damage characters. In short, many Empire based teams.
  • High speed Jyn makes vader go b4 he gets ability blocked by enemy...vader aoes...then your high speed boba executes nihlus easy since 3-4 debuffs will easily get you 25k+ execute...moreso if you use a tfp b4 jyn...

At least thats one way...im sure theres plently more
  • AimingForGaming
    334 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Tjbear02 wrote: »
    Yes. It is called, any team because he isn't even out yet. Stop being a little complaining noob basically saying he is OP before you even see him in arena

Who said I'm complaining? Lol
    EDIT: He's coming out in less than two days, we just got to play with him in the event, I think it's fair to start speculating, since we at least saw some of what he can do.
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    High speed Jyn makes vader go b4 he gets ability blocked by enemy...vader aoes...then your high speed boba executes nihlus easy since 3-4 debuffs will easily get you 25k+ execute...moreso if you use a tfp b4 jyn...

25k won't even get through his protection...

And Maul lead and SA laugh at your fast toons.
    High speed Jyn makes vader go b4 he gets ability blocked by enemy...vader aoes...then your high speed boba executes nihlus easy since 3-4 debuffs will easily get you 25k+ execute...moreso if you use a tfp b4 jyn...

That's a good strategy, might get to see her out in the playing field now :smile:
  • expose will be a huge counter to his leader ability

25k won't even get through his protection...

And Maul lead and SA laugh at your fast toons.

On the other, except for Rex, there are not many counter to Zaul and Sith Assassin :\
  • I am thinking that Rex or Yoda will be the answer. If your opponent cant debuff, then that takes away a lot of power from Nihilus. You just need to make sure you can kill him in 8 turns, but I don't think I have ever been in a fight that went 8 turns.
  • AimingForGaming
    334 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I am thinking that Rex or Yoda will be the answer. If your opponent cant debuff, then that takes away a lot of power from Nihilus. You just need to make sure you can kill him in 8 turns, but I don't think I have ever been in a fight that went 8 turns.

Rex sounds like a fair idea, but I'd like to counter your argument by saying Nihilus could extend the cooldown on Yoda and Rex, shortening his cooldown and lengthening theirs.
  • I am thinking that Rex or Yoda will be the answer. If your opponent cant debuff, then that takes away a lot of power from Nihilus. You just need to make sure you can kill him in 8 turns, but I don't think I have ever been in a fight that went 8 turns.

His second move reduces the cooldown it will probably be a kill before the 3/4th turn but again that's pretty easy to kill a toon before he goes 3/4 times
  • Yeah, it won't matter when Nihilus goes first. Yoda lead might be the best. A lot of teams will be set to debuff first so there is a 100% cooldown increase chance. That debuff on a Yoda lead though will trigger tenacity up though.
  • Stun or Healing immunity, if he gets a turn he's going to steal a boatload of health. It'll keep him alive until his special is ready.
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    Stun or Healing immunity, if he gets a turn he's going to steal a boatload of health. It'll keep him alive until his special is ready.

Would Nihilus' lead ability block that? "Sith allies are immune to Healing effects that aren't Health Steal".
  • I didn't for me today during the event. I used sith to test out his lead. Healing Immunity blocked any health regeneration on my Sith
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    I didn't for me today during the event. I used sith to test out his lead. Healing Immunity blocked any health regeneration on my Sith

Ah, good to know. Then I could see Sidious coming into play quite frequently.
  • Depending on how Health Down works (specifically what happens to their current hp when it expires) General Greivous will help droids a lot. Apply a healing debuff, then drop everyone's health by 20%.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Do more damage to nihilus than he has life points = win
  • funny you mention droids. i was just thinking how unbalanced this game is compared to the star wars universe. i mean the jawa's and droids are nothing to jedi and sith and would always be destroyed and look how powerful this game has them. even the gungans kicked droid butt.
  • Qoppest wrote: »
    Do more damage to nihilus than he has life points = win

That'd never work.
  • No heal immunity is still the biggest threat to nihlus lead sith...so deathtrooper, grevious and 88/ani will be relevant vs. Nihlus leads...

Remember all it takes it a jyn+B2 to eliminate a yoda/qgj setup and yoda lead tenacity up is not gonna be enough to prevent b2/tfp from debuffing whole party.

After jyn/b2 debuff the yoda/qgj squad nihlus uses aoe increasing the cooldowns on yoda...and jyn tm steal has her ready to give nihlus a free turn as soon as his annihilate is ready.

So rex lead jyn/b2/tfp/nihlus? Sounds pretty clutch to me...im sure someone can punch holes in it though.
  • I'm not worried about Nihilus lead, I'm worried about how he fits into a fast sith team under Maul. That 20% boost puts them above pretty much everything. So right off the bat you're going to have an aoe stun, aoe dots/speed down, aoe daze and then to top it off, Nihilus will put all your guys' abilities on cool down and that will likely set him up to (literally) annihilate somebody the next turn...
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Characters that can inflict ability block.
    jedi knight guardian to the rescue! finally, she will have her day in the sun.

Oh i thought JKG was a guy!
  • Question is.. can the cool down increase be resisted by tenacity and tenacity up?
  • I'm not worried about Nihilus lead, I'm worried about how he fits into a fast sith team under Maul. That 20% boost puts them above pretty much everything. So right off the bat you're going to have an aoe stun, aoe dots/speed down, aoe daze and then to top it off, Nihilus will put all your guys' abilities on cool down and that will likely set him up to (literally) annihilate somebody the next turn...

Turn 4 is earliest nihilus can use annihilate. And if you're fighting a nihilus, he'll increase that cool down.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Characters that can inflict ability block.
    jedi knight guardian to the rescue! finally, she will have her day in the sun.

lol :D
    lets hope so... But all those anti jedi buffs tho

• Hes bad dont worry about him
  • Taco wrote: »
    Hes bad dont worry about him

Or just use tuskens and gamorrean right? :D
  • I heard on the grapevine that Tusken/Ugnaught/CUP teams are a hard counter
  • Nozone2016 wrote: »
    I heard on the grapevine that Tusken/Ugnaught/CUP teams are a hard counter
    + mob enforcer and its gonna be great!