QoL game improvements - ***PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4! UPDATE*** (Comments) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• So when do we actually get the update? Cause I haven't gotten any of these new features yet.
  • Hoping this final part has more to do with ships!!! Love that part ofor the game just wishing I could do more with it
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you very much for these updates, and some of these are things I was personally hoping for. THe update in daily challenge rewards is perhaps the change I am most excited about. :)

A few things off the top of my head that would be high on my wishlist would be:
    1. mod sets making it easier to switch mods around between characters, and an expansion on categorizing them, so we can sort them by x-stat.
    2. The ability to sim ally points like with sim tickets so we can go through more than 1 at a time, although now that I got rid of a large backlog this isn't as much of an issue to me.
    3. 3. Expansion on guild communication so a welcome message that can be changed, and an in-game mail feature to increase communication for guild members (at least for guild leaders and officers to send a message). Not everyone has line in my guild, which can cause confusion when running raids, and trying to implement a 24hour rule with 0 damage to get everyone on the board. This may be a lot of work though.

Thank you for all the hard work!
  • Any chance a fix for the emperors demise/grandmasters training bug will ever be addressed? The sooner the better, the events in 12 days and it still shows the wrong one.

EA why won't you respond to the concerns on your feedback forum? Just a short post of some clarification?

Nice to see a quality of life update post before a response to the people who have been waiting a week on this matter. Very unprofessional.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/93344/events-mixup#latest

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »
    2. The ability to sim ally points like with sim tickets so we can go through more than 1 at a time, although now that I got rid of a large backlog this isn't as much of an issue to me.
    This would be fun, as the day after they implement that, there will come a ton of threads about people suddenly don't have any Sim Tickets

I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • When will we be getting update 4?
  • A big Thank You! for all of these improvements. I've suggested quite of few of these in the Feedback channel (as I'm sure many others have as well), so thank you for listening!

The only one I'm a little leery of is the speed in PvP battles, but I suppose if everyone just sticks it at 4x it's fine, as everyone has an equal opportunity.

And hopefully this update fixes the "can't select a ship" issue too.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Lol watching the videos and these vloggers are puppets. Giving no criticism while normally they give an honest opinion. Anyways the new favorite label is a bit useless as well, you still have to click a filter. Please just make favorites show first when going viewing your characters. So no matter their power level, just show favorites first. Thanks.
  • Here is a suggestion:

Add a button when gearing a toon that allows you to gear them to the highest amount possible with your current inventory.

I can usually gear new characters to hear 4 without needing to go collect something and it is a bit tedious to add each one seperately
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Alanis wrote: »
    I seriously don't get the problem people have with the speedup and sniping in SA. How is sniping at 5 minutes and tying up your Squad and mine so no one can fight fair. If they can auto battle and beat you then they probably should finish higher then you. And remember what ever they do to you, you can also do to them. That's what makes it fair.

I agree - you don't get it. It has nothing to do with "fair" or "not fair". Of course it's fair, in the sense that anyone and everyone can do it. In terms of the issue, as it applies specifically to squad arena, is that it seems to be a not-so-thinly-veiled attempt to generate more crystal usage. If you know someone can snipe you in under 45 seconds (and no, at 4x, you wouldn't need to auto to snipe in less than 45 seconds - I can do it in 2 minutes on full manual), you will have to refresh with 5 minutes and 30 seconds or less just to prevent being sniped. The point being that people will have to refresh more to "lock out" closer to their payout times. That's the reason for the concern.

In an arena payout system that is already far too dependent on being available at a set time, narrowing that time window even more - and thus forcing people to refresh more to maintain or attain a rank they could prior to the "improvement" is a little concerning.

PLEASE NOTE: This issue will NOT improve, even if you are allowed to change your payout time. It will just move the problem.

It is truly annoying when your payout is not based on your squad or strategy in battle but on when you click a button. There are to many people at my payout all trying to get the same spot and with the randomness of when these people attack its hard to plan some days. Payout should be based on battles, not clicking a button at the right time.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Here is a suggestion:

Add a button when gearing a toon that allows you to gear them to the highest amount possible with your current inventory.

I can usually gear new characters to hear 4 without needing to go collect something and it is a bit tedious to add each one seperately

+1 gear max button.

Who knows part 4 maybe?

Still would like a raid damage limiter to stop having to do 24 hour no damage rules...

Just basically the idea is you set damage to 500k, 1M, 1.5M... for as long as you like and that is the most damage any one person can do until changed.

You might say what is the difference between 24 hour zero damage rule and that?

Well many.

With 24 hour no damage rule you basically sacrifice a troop for no good reason other than to get rewards for everybody.

With the limiter you still get rewards for everyone by restricting the damage allowed to be added to the overall score. You can play all your attempts each day if you like and even test solo the raid, but at the end of your turn's' only the damage limit max will be added to the guild cumulative score.

I think it can be a useful tool.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Bert_298 wrote: »
    When will we be getting update 4?

Hiya!
    If all goes well, later today! =D
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Update today? Just

Hiya!

Thanks!
  • Bert_298 wrote: »

Hiya!

Along with the update going live?? >:)

• Bert_298 wrote: »

Hiya!

Thanks!

• Finally a way to beat those stupid gk bariss time out teams. Thanks for the speed up option
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Skrotez wrote: »

Hiya!

Along with the update going live?? >:)
    No =D

Last Quality of Life Update feature is good to go! @EA_Jesse is drafting up the post as we speak
    Sending quick typey vibes
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Part 4 has to be the one Im most excited for...
    This is a signature.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    It's time for the last part of our Quality of Life Update preview posts!
    • Galactic War:
      • Galactic War Rewards now scale as the player levels up
    • Shipments
      • All Shipments/Feature Stores can now be accessed from each other allowing easy navigation between them. For example when making purchases after timers have reset.
      • The Shipments Daily Activity will now increment from purchasing from either Shipments or any of the feature stores.
    • Teebo Bug Fixed: Taunt and Stealth effects no longer completely overwrite one another or themselves.
      • If a unit has multiple Taunt effects or multiple Stealth effects, their durations will be tracked individually, rather than the newer buff overwriting the older one.
      • If a unit has both Taunt and Stealth at the same time, Taunt takes precedence (i.e., enemies will be forced to target them), but the unit will still count as both Taunting and Stealthed for the purposes of triggering other effects and abilities.

To see these new features in action be sure to check out this video from AhnaldT101:

https://youtu.be/3V0vvYs7big

We're aiming to have this Quality of Life update release next week! We'll post again with the exact day once it has officially been locked in.

• ZOMG!!! TEEBO BUG FIXED?!?!? But....but....it's not August yet! ;)

JK - Great stuff - especially the bug fix and rescaling GW and challenge rewards.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • sweet. I look forward to next week
  • Yeesssssssss Teebo is fixed. Can't wait to see it in action and not having to see the cooldown of 4 when he is out of stealth
  • 1) there was and there is no time out team. It was just low firepower or weak mods.
    2) it won't solve your problem. Faster battle = faster timer. If you can't beat those teams the only thing will change you will fail 4 times faster.
    Finally a way to beat those **** gk bariss time out teams. Thanks for the speed up option

• 1) there was and there is no time out team. It was just low firepower or weak mods.
    2) it won't solve your problem. Faster battle = faster timer. If you can't beat those teams the only thing will change you will fail 4 times faster.
    Finally a way to beat those **** gk bariss time out teams. Thanks for the speed up option

Faster battle =/= faster timer. Watch the video. You get 5 minutes still.
  • Teebo/buff bug was a difficult fix until it would have affected pack sales of a new character? And since when was a bug fix, QoL?
  • Elboglord wrote: »
    Any chance a fix for the emperors demise/grandmasters training bug will ever be addressed? The sooner the better, the events in 12 days and it still shows the wrong one.

EA why won't you respond to the concerns on your feedback forum? Just a short post of some clarification?

Nice to see a quality of life update post before a response to the people who have been waiting a week on this matter. Very unprofessional.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/93344/events-mixup#latest

They've said that Palpatine is next, bht the patch that will change the in-game counter to reflect that hasn't yet been pushed.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ZOMG!!! TEEBO BUG FIXED?!?!? But....but....it's not August yet! ;)

JK - Great stuff - especially the bug fix and rescaling GW and challenge rewards.

Does this mean we have to give them Chewie shards?
    • Galactic War:
    • Galactic War Rewards now scale as the player levels up.

Sounds good. Ahnald's video showed rewards that include more than what I am currently getting, so of course more is better. Out of curiosity, how exactly does the scaling work? What are the starting reward levels, and what are the ending reward levels? What are the scaling points? Do the rewards tick up at level 60, 70, 80, etc?

I assume that the rewards we are currently getting from GW are the starting point, so that players who unlock GW today will see the same reward structure we are currently earning. Then as they level up, the rewards will scale to those shown in the video. But this is a pretty big assumption, and I would not be surprised if it was completely incorrect.

Any more insight? Or just wait and see.
  • Extremely glad that you guys are fixing Sith Assassin (and teebo, although I still think it is past Teebo's usefulness for him to be fixed now lol), and overall, really like all of the QoL updates! My favorite thing is by far the gear challenges being buffed, and a close 2nd is the GW basic only attacks. Only thing that is still missing now is opening up more than 1 bronzium pack, so I still hope you guys have this planned to be worked on for the near future! Great work Devs :)!
  • Thank you for Teebo stealth fix..Idc if it took a year to happen, I am glad nonetheless that it was fixed period. Now about that 600 bug..
This discussion has been closed.