Lumi or barris??

I have a 4* barris right now and working on getting lumi because I hear good things but should I just work on barris? She's Lviv 42

Replies

• Lumi is an attacker with a heal that is easily farmable to seven star. Bariss is a healer with weak dmg and hard to farm
  • So basically the 7* lumi is better then 4* barris because I can't get shards easy???
  • Even if you could farm Barris, I would probably prefer Lumi. She is a wrecking ball AND her special scales off of AGI(her main stat) instead of INT, like most specials AND it has an extremely high ability block chance. Mine is 85%, max might be higher.
  • Even if you could farm Barris, I would probably prefer Lumi. She is a wrecking ball AND her special scales off of AGI(her main stat) instead of INT, like most specials AND it has an extremely high ability block chance. Mine is 85%, max might be higher.

How do you know it scales off agility? It says INT increases special damage not AGI
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Lumi is just better then bariss. Both have good heals but lumi has very high damage, crits and evades a lot, and ability block is situationally very powerful.
  • Shizmoo wrote: »
    Even if you could farm Barris, I would probably prefer Lumi. She is a wrecking ball AND her special scales off of AGI(her main stat) instead of INT, like most specials AND it has an extremely high ability block chance. Mine is 85%, max might be higher.

How do you know it scales off agility? It says INT increases special damage not AGI

Luminara's single target nuke attack isn't a special attack, it's a physical attack just like her auto attack therefore all her attacks scale from agility
  • Stormscythe
    24 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Lumi's special deals physical damage, not special damage, which is why it scales with AGI rather than INT. It's a hell of a nuke, can crit up around 5,000. And the ability block is 100% when fully upgraded (although it can still be resisted.)

I have it at level 6 and it's 100% ability block chance (subject to resists).
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    I say go bariss first and farm lumi. Having both will benefit you in the long run and having bariss will help initially
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Well that's what I'm currently doing anyway. If you decide to go a different way then maybe we can share notes later
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Bariss seems nice for insurance/backup since her primary heal is a great save-your-bacon move... but Lumi really does hit like a truck as opposed to a wet noodle when you just want stuff dead. The passive basic attack heal that Bariss does is too unpredictable to be useful, imho... it's a nice to have, not a need to have.

Since I have neither, I tend to favor borrowing Lumi over Bariss given the choice, but since Bariss came in one of the recent packs they put on sale, she is everywhere.

I'm personally farming up Lumi via GW and Hard Modes as a priority.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Loce wrote: »
    I say go bariss first and farm lumi. Having both will benefit you in the long run and having bariss will help initially
    Agreed.

Barriss provides the biggest advantage accross every holotable pre level 50. Don't waste your ability mats on her though.

By the time you farm Luminara to outpower Barriss you will also be able to have her fully geared easily, and Barriss will help garauntee GW victories to farm Luminara faster. With missions, over 15 shards per day.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I really like Bariss and don't regret I paid to get her. Lumi dropped from a Brozium for me. At 55, I'm phasing out Bariss and Lumi is Gear lvl 8, 5* and closing in on 6*. Her lvl 5 heal: 40% of ally's health + 20% more at the start of their next turn. And her offense...even her basic attack is really nice. IMHO, she's a must have.