Assault Battle: Places of Power Discussion

Replies

• So I can't get past the first tier. Why is everything becoming so hard to win or make progress? Do we have to buy all your packages to participate now? My squad is mostly level 85 and I did buy one package but that is more than I could really afford. Is this game starting to be only for those with a lot of money to spend. Even the routine GW and levels of progression in light and dark and mods are too hard for my squad to beat. No longer having as much fun. TY

Agreed. I can't even dent battle 8. I've been f2p since almost day one and have well rounded group of characters but these new events are becoming ridiculously hard at the easiest level. Tier one should be beatable by f2p.

• **** you EA! Another impossible event.

Just because you don't have the right team doesn't make it impossible. I'd like to see someone try and run this event with just Maul. I bet it could be done.

I so want to try this tomorrow. I don't even have that great of a Maul. Stage 8 might be rough with just Maul.
  • **** you EA! Another impossible event.

Just because you don't have the right team doesn't make it impossible. I'd like to see someone try and run this event with just Maul. I bet it could be done.

It's every event.... I never have the "right" team, but there's always a pack in the store for me to conveniently purchase....

A business tries to sell you something? How horrible?

I've always said they need to have some easy and medium tiers, even if the rewards are crap. So if that is your argument I fully support it. But honestly, I was disappointed that this was so easy. I have a max Maul and EP. That's basically it for sith and FO. Phasma is like 80 G8 and Assassin is G9 I think. Both with trash mods. And I think I got hit once, maybe twice in the bonus tier.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Lol this is impossible for most people even the first stage.....the rewards are good though

I did the first stage with two toons without any mods. Not hard at all.

I call. I tried the event with 5 toons. 2 level 10, 1 level 8, 1 level 9 1 level 5 and couldn't even beat the last tier

Post edited by J0K3R on
  • So did the first two tiers without a problem and got to the last battle of the bonus one without a fuss...but that Yoda Tenacity Up just gave me no chance seeing as how my Sith rely on debuffs (no Maul here)...how do you beat the last battle on the Bonus Level?

Running EP L G10, Sid G9, Vader G8, Dooku G10, Phasma G8...it's not nearly as good but up until that last battle I really have no problem...
  • Well played CG. These are the type of rewards that make people feel good. Well played.
  • Lol this is impossible for most people even the first stage.....the rewards are good though

Who did you run and what gears because I had Palp lead G10 Vader G 10 Phasma, Sid and FOTP all G8 everyone lvl 85 and 7* I thought 'I'm good...' I got absolutely slapped around in the 8th stage. Without any healing I don't know what else to do. I tried Phasma lead in my last attempt at least got everyone relatively fresh for stage 8 and my Palp even went before Yoda and buff blocked him but of course GK took care of that before long.
  • BTW, great event! Stage 8 had a little challenge, but not too bad. I liked it.
  • Another extremely too hard event. Tier 1 should at least be beatable. But it's not. Wow EA once again screws the players. And now lt the whales pile on.
  • Haxthar
    156 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    I think my team is just about on the cusp of being able to get it done, I got to the last stage without too many problems (lost First Order Officer on stage 4) but General Kenobi really rocked me.

I'm using Palpatine, Vader, Sidious, Phasma, and First Order Officer (because 1) he's the only other 7* FO/Sith character I have, and 2) I can use him to give Palpatine more turns.) the lack of healing hurts. I feel like I'm doing the best possible, but I'm not really sure about my targeting priorities. Any advice?

Almost exactly the same for me. Actually I nearly passed tier 1, it was Palp and Yoda mano y mano but that little green was too strong
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Lol. Just like with all assault battle events, if you're squad aint up to snuff suck it up and wait for the next time it comes around.

These events are meant to be a challenge not a hand out
  • Maul L, Sid, savage, Kylo, Vader rekt them.
    No zeta. Just maul super-OP, getting 100% TM on offense all the time, gain crazy HP, and sidious ignoring defense and getting TM like... Half from maul.
  • did anyone refresh for 225 a pop? please share. was it the same as first time? could use another 15 cuffs and guns for 225 crystals
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    L - DS, DV, EP, CP, SO

205y2bn.jpg

Going into last battle only had DS, DV, EP. Meh rewards.
  • Okay, so I gave it another go. After 1* on Tier 1 I wasn't optimistic. Manged 3* on Tier 2 and 1* on Tier 3. Palpatine g11, Vader g11, Savage g10, FOTP g11, Kylo g9. Speed on all of them, 219 Palpatine, the rest not nearly so fast.

Recommendation: use Kylo to stun the Boss, take out the little guys first.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I three starred the bonus with vader lead on auto. no zetas. vader, ep, maul, dooku, 6* kylo
  • I'm not a whale at all and I managed to beat all three tiers, I have however been working on my sith team since December. I had to bounce some mods around to manage phase 8 of t3, but it is beatable
  • Haxthar wrote: »
    Lol this is impossible for most people even the first stage.....the rewards are good though

Who did you run and what gears because I had Palp lead G10 Vader G 10 Phasma, Sid and FOTP all G8 everyone lvl 85 and 7* I thought 'I'm good...' I got absolutely slapped around in the 8th stage. Without any healing I don't know what else to do. I tried Phasma lead in my last attempt at least got everyone relatively fresh for stage 8 and my Palp even went before Yoda and buff blocked him but of course GK took care of that before long.

Just target Kenobi out of the gate, he's going to taunt anyway.
  • Okay, one of y'all get on my profile and beat it. Cause I can't.
  • Vader lead > maul lead in this event
  • I have no zeta chars, used three sith and phasma with fotp (all but palp we're gear 8), and beat the 3 tiers first try. I don't know what you people are talking about
  • Do we know what the rewards for each tier are? Is it just a couple shards for a random jedi/clone?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Another impossible event.
    Nnnnno, this was very possible--My team was all 7*, level 85, but only Vader had 6 mods, the rest had 4, and most were gear 8. I was using a First Order Officer, for God's sake...If I can do it, anyone can do it.
    Post edited by J0K3R on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Which toons do you have and at which gear level? How fast are they? Can you move any mods to make them tankier and faster?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Winstar wrote: »
    did anyone refresh for 225 a pop? please share. was it the same as first time? could use another 15 cuffs and guns for 225 crystals

Those 15 gear rewards were first time
    And you can't refresh the last node
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Use Vader lead instead of EP. You will destroy them. I have zero zetas.

Yoda was mentioned as the anti-palpatine before, yeah?

Good luck.
  • FleetCommand
    151 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    zaul with phasma palp vader sidious = most fun i had in ages, they didn't even get to fight back

Edit: this event was super super fun please have more events with good rewards

and on that note consider giving the first time reward each time the event returns, since refill drops are so so poor
  • I want to thank the devs for an awesome event. They gave us plenty of heads up on building up our Sith and it paid out. I was hoping to finish my Maul before the event but I went in with him at 96/100. He was a superstar.
    I managed to do all 3 Tiers of the event without even losing protection on my squad.
  • SentinelBorg
    60 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Did it with Zader lead + Palp, Dooku, Sid and Savage. 3x G11 and 2x G10. Was rather easy. ^^
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Winstar wrote: »
    did anyone refresh for 225 a pop? please share. was it the same as first time? could use another 15 cuffs and guns for 225 crystals

Those 15 gear rewards were first time
    And you can't refresh the last node

Thanks, I was too excited I didn't even check. lol.
This discussion has been closed.