Assault Battle: Places of Power Discussion

Prev1345678
CapGaSP
313 posts Member
edited February 2017
Our newest Assault Battle, Places of Power, is launching soon! Please use this thread to post any feedback or discuss this event. This event has the following properties:
  • Unlocks at level 75.
  • Three tiers, Tier 1 (Hard), Tier 2 (Very Hard), and Tier 3 (Bonus Tier)
  • As with Ground War, Military Might and Forest Moon, this event is a series of 8 sequential battles with escalating difficulty, new mechanics, and a special event ability added which can be used strategically to aid in completing the event.
  • The required units are any combination of Sith and/or First Order. This means you can mix and match from these however you want, and there are multiple ways to complete the event.
  • Rewards include shards of light side pilots and their associated ship blueprints, as well as gear and ship building materials.
  • The event can be replayed one time with no cost each day it runs. Additional attempts can be acquired with crystals.
  • Attempts/wins are not shared between tiers. Refreshing Tier 1 does not refresh tier 2, and vice versa.
  • There is an associated achievement which awards 10 Darth Vader shards and 5000 Ally Coins. It requires completion of Tier 1.
Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
reddit: /u/Capgasp
I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.

Replies

• How many people that given there is no healer for the Sith that the setup for these fights (with multiple Jedi healers and eight stages) was not well thought out. I was really hoping that the Sith Assassin may have had that heal we were looking for. For players that do not have a maxed out Palps by now, i would avoid even bothering with this event.
  • Palp lead
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Palp lead

Nihilius lead.

Maul also if you count the dodges.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Lol this is impossible for most people even the first stage.....the rewards are good though
    Que la Fuerza os acompañe!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kakakawakaka/
    Código aliado 192-195-873
    https://swgoh.gg/g/516/global-elite-games/
  • Seriously who came up with the ideea to put kenobi in there?That's like adding insult to injury.

All was good untill he showed up
  • So I can't get past the first tier. Why is everything becoming so hard to win or make progress? Do we have to buy all your packages to participate now? My squad is mostly level 85 and I did buy one package but that is more than I could really afford. Is this game starting to be only for those with a lot of money to spend. Even the routine GW and levels of progression in light and dark and mods are too hard for my squad to beat. No longer having as much fun. TY
  • Goodhelmet
    88 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm with you. Level 75
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • i'm 81 with Maul lead,it's just impossible,Kenobi just mops up everything at the end.
  • ARO
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Supercat wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Palp lead

Nihilius lead.

Maul also if you count the dodges.

I agree. Event is tailored for Nihilus lead, especially the last battle.
  • Nihilus lead looks highly useful on this event.
    This is a signature.
  • Lol this is impossible for most people even the first stage.....the rewards are good though

I did the first stage with two toons without any mods. Not hard at all.
  • I honestly loved it! I ran: Zeta Maul lead (G11 7*), EP (7*, G11), Sith Assassin (G10 3*), zeta Savage (G11, 7*), and Kylo (G10, 7*). It was the most fun I have had in ages hahahahaha. The first two tiers I soloed with Maul alone :smiley: ! The 3rd tier (bonus tier), I got hit a total of 3 times, all from Yoda at stage 8 LOL. And also, whoever had the mind of those rewards, I want to thank you. 2.8m total ship credits, 2.5m Regular Credits, and 15 cuffs + 15 stun guns and all of the other 4 BP's for ships, really hit the spot. Thank you!
    Also, the new ability, Morale, was quite cool as well. Kill the lead morale toon, and it makes them lose stats. Really interesting and cool idea! Overall, loved the event. Anyone else that doesn't have Maul though, I already know they are complaining right now, as a lot of my guildies are complaining already XD!
  • Just completed the second teir with now problems. My sith roster is g11 Vader g10 Palpatine(leader) and g8 Dooku Maul and Sidious, only Vader and Palps have good mods. After payouts and credit heist today I have them at lvl 85.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Went through with my gear 11 FO team and was able to auto the final tier without so much as a scratch. This isn't a brag, there's nothing to brag about being able to auto something. Rather just a little disappointment that these Assault events still don't offer a challenge for maxed teams, even with 3 tiers.
  • Aero wrote: »
    Went through with my gear 11 FO team and was able to auto the final tier without so much as a scratch. This isn't a brag, there's nothing to brag about being able to auto something. Rather just a little disappointment that these Assault events still don't offer a challenge for maxed teams, even with 3 tiers.

Ran Zeta maul lead, zSavage, EP, SA, and Kylo... Autoed All 3 tiers, except T1 and T2 I soloed with just zeta maul lead XD. Was a LOT OF FUN!!!
  • I breezed through all three tiers with zVader (G11), Sidious (G9), EP (G11), Phasma (G8), Maul (G6). Barely scratched.
  • Maul just solos the whole thing by himself, its fine ;)
  • Yeah I used maul lead as well, that was really fun! And the rewards are absolutely great! Plus we get to do it again in 24 hours for free!

I did the first stage with two toons without any mods. Not hard at all.

Lol what two toons at what gear?
    Que la Fuerza os acompañe!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kakakawakaka/
    Código aliado 192-195-873
    https://swgoh.gg/g/516/global-elite-games/
  • Zaul for the win!
  • Ooo we can do it again free? Wasn't aware. I enjoyed it. Ran Vader(z) lead with Maul, Palp, Sideous, and Kylo(z). Bonus tier seemed the same as tier 2. Not really hard but fun and I love the rewards.
  • Barely a flesh wound, but ran into Yoda issues the last stage of the bonus tier. Dang that dude is fast.

I had a blast playing this event and I thought I wasn't going to be able to complete it. Zader lead gear XI, Maul 6* gear XI, Palp gear XI, Phasma gear X and Sid gear 8. Not too many issues. Again, had a blast wiping out Jedi with Wrecking Ball Maul. Just got him to XI today and this is the first time using him for anything as he's a few shards short of 7*.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I think my team is just about on the cusp of being able to get it done, I got to the last stage without too many problems (lost First Order Officer on stage 4) but General Kenobi really rocked me.

I'm using Palpatine, Vader, Sidious, Phasma, and First Order Officer (because 1) he's the only other 7* FO/Sith character I have, and 2) I can use him to give Palpatine more turns.) the lack of healing hurts. I feel like I'm doing the best possible, but I'm not really sure about my targeting priorities. Any advice?

EDIT: Nevermind! Turns out it was a mods issue, as in--I had zero mods on Sidious, Palpatine, and FOO. I forgot I took them off and put them on my Resistance folks for the last event.
    Post edited by NicWester on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Why is Yoda able to go twice or even three times before my toons can go? This is killing the even for me, either it's bugged or his speed is absolutely way too high.
  • Loved this event!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Dude, he does that in regular battles sometimes when his basic gives him that dumb turn meter boost.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Aero wrote: »

@Aero My FO squad breezed to E8 of Tier 1, where they got obliterated. Those few gear levels + the zeta on Phasma (and Kylo?) make a gigantic difference, it would seem.
  • I keep losing on the first tier final stage. My team consist of all level 85 toons. EP lead G11, Phasma G10, Kylo G10, Sidious G8, and Vader G9. My mods are crap most of them are all 3 to 5 dot health mods.
  • Tjbear02 wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »

Ran Zeta maul lead, zSavage, EP, SA, and Kylo... Autoed All 3 tiers, except T1 and T2 I soloed with just zeta maul lead XD. Was a LOT OF FUN!!!

How is autoing a battle fun? I don't get that. You aren't even playing.
  • All of my guys are level 85 ranging from gear 10 to 8. No zetas. Didn't matter. I was able to kill Kenobi once. They were too fast.
This discussion has been closed.