February release notes

Replies

• obiwan1011 wrote: »
    I hate they nerfed Asajj Ventress. Why? Why would they do that? The dark side has virtually no healers as it is, so why remove one?

This is not a nerf. It's fixing a bug - just like Leia was not supposed to do critical 100% of the time, Asajj was not supposed to heal others as the ability description clearly states it should only heal her.

Does it suck? Yes. Is it a nerf? Nope.

You are correct. But they could have fixed this by changing the text in her description instead and gave the Dark Side a healer.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    I was wondering why the Jedi event lasts a week? I have my heros ready to go which will take 20 mins to run through the battles.. Is it limited to once per day? Can you rerun the missions to get extra shards?.. Is there any more details you can give out at this time ? Thanks.
  • Dario wrote: »
    I was wondering why the Jedi event lasts a week? I have my heros ready to go which will take 20 mins to run through the battles.. Is it limited to once per day? Can you rerun the missions to get extra shards?.. Is there any more details you can give out at this time ? Thanks.

Lol, not everyone will be ready to go on Day 1, now that we know, it'll take some time to level/gear/star up any Jedi we can find during the week following the opening of the event.
  • Nice patch notes

I seriously don't understand why it is so hard to fix night sister iniates skill though...it has been in the known bugs section for weeks and comments have been made noting the issue from ea...yet nothing? At all? Whilst dooku has a similar but and a fix is rolled out that day? Why?

Now I'm pretty happy even though I am f2p I will be able to get 5-5*jedi in a week...but as everyone will be able to see my arena team, and I have only run into 3 teams in the past 2 weeks without a Sid...I guess I will be dropping arena rank very very quickly ahaha
  • I also don't really get the Poe change...so you make him slightly less useful in a resistance team whilst changing nothing about why he is in every top team...like having an entire team get to go first is really strong and then making the enemy team (what is left) deal with a taunt on top... I don't know does it really sound fair to you? This game can be won on the first turn with this meta...and Poe moves faster than almost any other character...
  • @EA_Jesse

I have a question in which I think could benefit everyone to know. This new event coming up seems like it can be really beneficial for both the FTP player and the PTP player. In the release notes it says that when you pass each level it will give you shards towards unlocking the character. Does this mean for instance I could get the new character to 7 stars by adding shards together from multiple events? In the notes it reads that you can unlock the character to 7 stars once you get 5 7* characters. The reason why I ask is I need to know if it is pointless to have 5 characters at 4* if you cant unlock him until 5* anyways and you cant add up the shards from previous events.

Basically is it possible to unlock the character at 7* without having 5 7* characters. I know this means it would take multiple events but it would be nice to know if this is possible ahead of time.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This new Jedi event, does anyone know who the opponents will be?

Poe. Just him, standing there by his bad self.

(with his special new "heal block" buff. Glllll)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Michajam wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

I have a question in which I think could benefit everyone to know. This new event coming up seems like it can be really beneficial for both the FTP player and the PTP player. In the release notes it says that when you pass each level it will give you shards towards unlocking the character. Does this mean for instance I could get the new character to 7 stars by adding shards together from multiple events? In the notes it reads that you can unlock the character to 7 stars once you get 5 7* characters. The reason why I ask is I need to know if it is pointless to have 5 characters at 4* if you cant unlock him until 5* anyways and you cant add up the shards from previous events.

Basically is it possible to unlock the character at 7* without having 5 7* characters. I know this means it would take multiple events but it would be nice to know if this is possible ahead of time.

i am wondering this as well.. Im putting all my resources into the 5 jedi I need. Two I consider useless and I wont have 5 at 7* for the last stage of the event. If I can add stage 6 shards together over two event periods then I could at least know ahead of time and save farming some of these guys past 6*'s
  • Kesiss
    148 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    wrong thread
  • 1. R.I.P. Ventress, I understand her group heal was a bug but she was underpowered as is and now she is worse, to all that say that they fix her dispell, read carefully and you'll notice that they say that it is still a bit bugged. The fix on her health steal is too minor since she's too slow to get use from it.
    2. Missed the boat on Poe, they only 'nerfed' him on Ressistance teams and only slightly at that. His power comes from his speed and his turn meter reduction.
    3. Seeing opponent's full team in arena, everyone without Poe will become a huge target lol.
  • @Brazilian_Joe, JKA has something like 3 hard-mode locations (I forget), and Ima has 2 locations.
    @EA_Jesse

Yes. Similar to this question (or maybe the same one, but rephrased). Do I NEED to start farming and starring up Jedi or can I grind through it with a few lower level ones multiple times? Basically, I have Lumi at 6* now (working towards 7*) and JC at 4* (which I don't really want to level up right now). How far can I get with just these two?
    @EA_Jesse

what he said
  • Having just done the maths the fact that you need 5 7* Jedi isn't as bad as it might seem.
    Granted I already have a few decently starred, but I am entirely missing 1 jedi, as the others I have are pack only, and I don't want to shell out cash for this.
    The breakdown is basically if you start from scratch and refresh Cantina once per day, farming Lumi, QGJ, Plo, Eith Koth and JC, you can just about hit 5* on all of them if you start farming tomorrow and put everything else on hold. Assuming a 2 week gap between the end of this one and the start of the coming one, and again assuming you only farm these characters, you CAN get them all to 7* in time.
    So if you want a 7* whoever the character ends up being, start farming now. When the event hits, we'll know whether you want the character. Worst case you lost 1 weeks worth of farming other chars, not the end of the world, but best case it's Yoda and one month from now you're sitting pretty with a 7* Yoda! :)
  • @Michajam @dc2484 @Jek_Face - Simple answer based on OP is no. "•A limited time Event can re-appear at a later date after its time limit has expired. Players' progress will be saved from previous attempts."
  • I really love to mess with Synergies and it really annoys me to see teams which have nothing to do with synergies better those that have great synergies. For example the resistance team is focused on expose as a synergy. I feel if you put together a team that feeds off of each others ability there should be a synergy advantage. Instead I feel like we need to create a team that has nothing to do with synergies, but everything to do with taking advantage of a broken system. Still love the game and i'm sure it will get to a better place in the future.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I don't get all this "Ventress is underpowered". Maybe I am a scrub player, but the heal is never what scared me. It was the fact I would bring down some of her friends, and then she AOE's my freaking team to death.

Many teams have at least 1 (sid) if not 2 (kylo, ig88) aoe's. So if you don't kill her first and kill her friend, the AOE has a potential to team wipe you. Of course this doesn't matter in PVP as much, cause of Poe and speed, but in GW where your poe taunt might be on cool down, you have to be very smart playing against her.
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Phasma triggering extra attacks on specials is what made her useful as a leader. Now Sidious will be a better leader option in every circumstance. Would not have wasted the GW crystals if I had known this was coming. The rest of it seems pretty good. Phasma provided a nice counter to Poggle-Poe-Droids in Arena, and the nerfs to Poe are not nearly as severe as they appear to be because he died in round 1 anyway. The point of him being there was to give time to wipe an enemy character or three, which has not been addressed. Expose didn't contibute all that much to that task before. The difference in this game between an awesome team and a mediocre one is all about turn meter advantage, which has been ignored.
  • That's the way im looking at it also. Eeth is the one im gonna be behind on unless I can somehow convert extra shards into his though I don't even have enough at a 1:1 exchange rate let alone whatever currency rate it ends up being.
  • First of all:

Thanks for so much update in just a month. I really appreciate the work behind this.

Also this update will clear all the "bugs" i bragged about (talia and ventress especially). For now I am happy with all you want to fix and update. It sounds good and it really feels like this update will get rid of all the major bugs or problems people have.

Though I am a little concerned about the new event system. I hope it doesn't end in P2-Players seeing everything and F2P seeing barely nothing of it (Pretty hard to have 5x 5 Star Jedis e.g.).
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    Phasma triggering extra attacks on specials is what made her useful as a leader. Now Sidious will be a better leader option in every circumstance. Would not have wasted the GW crystals if I had known this was coming. The rest of it seems pretty good.

Seriously? Her attacks on specials, which aren't even part of her description, are what made her useful? Not the AOE + speed down, or the team speed up + advantage? Also, not the extra attacks on ATTACKS?

let's read the description: "Whenever an ally attacks, they have a 18% chance to call a random ally to Assist, dealing 15% less damage. This chance is doubled if the attacking ally is First Order."

Ally attacks... when she uses Victory March, how is that an attack?

You didn't waste any GW crystals. She is still great and falls in line now with her description (and original intent), much like Asajj.
  • goobstoob
    171 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    TPM10K wrote: »
    Having just done the maths the fact that you need 5 7* Jedi isn't as bad as it might seem.
    Granted I already have a few decently starred, but I am entirely missing 1 jedi, as the others I have are pack only, and I don't want to shell out cash for this.
    The breakdown is basically if you start from scratch and refresh Cantina once per day, farming Lumi, QGJ, Plo, Eith Koth and JC, you can just about hit 5* on all of them if you start farming tomorrow and put everything else on hold. Assuming a 2 week gap between the end of this one and the start of the coming one, and again assuming you only farm these characters, you CAN get them all to 7* in time.
    So if you want a 7* whoever the character ends up being, start farming now. When the event hits, we'll know whether you want the character. Worst case you lost 1 weeks worth of farming other chars, not the end of the world, but best case it's Yoda and one month from now you're sitting pretty with a 7* Yoda! :)

but then my arena team goes to **** for several weeks :( *wonders if yoda has droid synergies* lol j/k
  • I do think people aren't reading about the Jedi event properly. You won't need 5 7* Jedi to unlock the character, but you won't be able to star them up to 7* until you do, kind of like Vader atm. I just hope whoever it is is more useful than Vader...
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I want to calmly remember everybody that life steal% will work correctly in new patch, and Ventress has freaking 45%. If that's as it sounds, 45% damage done as self heal, it's freaking awesome.

Just food for thought. Maybe we should wait a little and see the real patch (as opposed to patch notes) before we go full chicken little and start to cry that sky is fallen. If once the patch arrives, Ventress is bad, then we can cry as much as we want. I have a 4* purple Ventress, and I'm actually excited to see if she is viable next patch (Cause she is not right now)
  • Render wrote: »
    @Michajam @dc2484 @Jek_Face - Simple answer based on OP is no. "•A limited time Event can re-appear at a later date after its time limit has expired. Players' progress will be saved from previous attempts."

Are you sure about this? The notes say that after you pass a level you get the shards for that level. If the event comes back around a few times we could acrue enough shards possibly to get the character to 7* without having 5 other Jedi at 7*
  • KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    Excited to try out all of these changes.

I'm apprehensive about Poe. His strength is his overwhelming, unmatched speed. No other tank comes close, which means nobody can get a "taunt shield" over your team faster than Poe can. And since the first round of the arena is often the most important... that means a great deal.

Until that's addressed in some way, I don't think we're going to see this problem go away. Making it easier to dispel the taunt doesn't really fix the problem; all it does is force you to run one of the very few dispelling characters, which further homogenizes the pool of viable team compositions.

Still... everything else sounds great. Thanks!

I agree completely. One resolution would be to give some of the weaker toons a dispel, or better yet, to give someone the ability to attack around a taunt the way Barriss heals "around" a debuff. I like the idea of more diversity instead of everyone having both Poe and QGJ on their teams.

• dc2484
    86 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Michajam wrote: »
    Render wrote: »
    @Michajam @dc2484 @Jek_Face - Simple answer based on OP is no. "•A limited time Event can re-appear at a later date after its time limit has expired. Players' progress will be saved from previous attempts."

Are you sure about this? The notes say that after you pass a level you get the shards for that level. If the event comes back around a few times we could acrue enough shards possibly to get the character to 7* without having 5 other Jedi at 7*

the way I read it is it saves ur progress so im guessing no reset or restart when the second event would start. Meaning u complete it once and cant do it anymore ever.. but idk for sure obviously

complete it once meaning the specific stage level ie stage 5 or 6 etc

• CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    I do think people aren't reading about the Jedi event properly. You won't need 5 7* Jedi to unlock the character, but you won't be able to star them up to 7* until you do, kind of like Vader atm. I just hope whoever it is is more useful than Vader...

I don't think this is right and here's why

If a PTP player has 5, 7* Jedi and beats the event in the first go around then they will have nothing to do for the other events.

The description says that once you beat a lev
    dc2484 wrote: »
    Michajam wrote: »
    Render wrote: »

the way I read it is it saves ur progress so im guessing no reset or restart when the second event would start. Meaning u complete it once and cant do it anymore ever.. but idk for sure obviously

complete it once meaning the specific stage level ie stage 5 or 6 etc

This to me would make for a boring game if there is no replay value
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    So...

Poe nerf
    Leia nerf
    Asajj no longer heals (yes, DS already have lots of healers, thanks)
    No more selling items in the shop
    5x7* jedis (lol) needed to get the new character
    Credits reward for lv 10 nerf by half (srsly, lol)
    No news about guilds or guild wars
    GW shipments refreshes with 50 crystals instead of GW currency (.... ..... sigh...)
    shard shop just for extra shards from 7* characters.. so, just for whales, yay

but hey, thanks for the Mace Windu and Talia buffs! great update!