Possible to switch between Google Play accounts?

Gaidal_Cain
1640 posts Member
edited February 2017
I use IOS and can easily change between two different accounts but can it be done with an android (Google Play)?

A shard mate of mine uses Android and has a Google Play account. I offered to play for him this weekend as he won't have internet access but really wants to unlock Nihilus.

So is this possible? I don't want to mess his account up and my son already has a SWGOH account on that android phone.

Can you guys help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• You can't login to his account if you use IOS and he uses Android if that is what you are asking. You would need an Android device, login to his Google play account, sign in that account in SWGOH, then you are in.
  • Absolutely, it works exactly like with ios accounts. Whenever you start the app you'll have to choose the email address. Below the email address(es) is the option to add another.
  • Absolutely, it works exactly like with ios accounts. Whenever you start the app you'll have to choose the email address. Below the email address(es) is the option to add another.

The problem is it doesn't prompt me to put an email address in.

I added his account to my son's android phone but it just starts up my son's game even if I close the app and restart it.

I'm completely android illiterate which is frustrating!
  • Go to the menu and select 'log out of Google play'. Afterwards you should see mentioned screen where you choose the account or add another.
  • I play 2 accounts on my android phone with no problems
  • Okay, so it looks like none of the apps on my son's phone are connected to his Google Play account.

I changed the setting to automatically sign into any apps with Google sign in but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

What I am saying is that I believe his game account is just on his phone and so I can't sign out of it to sign in ton my shardmates account if that makes sense.
  • My guess is that your son's account is less than age 13.

If your son entered an age less than 13, he won't be able to:
    See guild chat,
    Sign into google play,
    Sync to swgoh.gg,
    Save the account of you lose it,
    Sign in on another device.

The bold is why I think that is.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • @Supercat

That's it. He's 9 and he indeed cannot use guild chat or any of the other things you mentioned.

That's a bummer. No Darth Nihilus for my shard mate :(