QoL game improvements - ***PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4! UPDATE*** (Comments) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• ptr
    173 posts Member
    ehm how is the reworked Home button QOL improvement? It's more like downgrade..

there is back button on the left side which takes you one screen back. Now if I want to go back to home screen I will have to click multiple times new home button?
  • Is part 4 the last bit or is there a part 5
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Is part 4 the last bit or is there a part 5

Last one

• When do the updates go live. Aint seen any changes as of yet?
  • DaniB32 wrote: »
    When do the updates go live. Aint seen any changes as of yet?
    I think it is expected to happen next week.
  • DaniB32 wrote: »
    When do the updates go live. Aint seen any changes as of yet?

Next week. it literally says so at the bottom of part 4
  • Ha. Ok cheers. Have not read part 4 yet.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    IAnd what if you don't want to sim battles with auto 4x speed and play them manually. Why wasn't base speed of animations increased? In ship battles when I use a capital ship power I hit auto to speed up the animation then put it back to manual so I can pick my next attack when animation is over. I didn't pay $5k for ships so I have to play them manually most of the time to win.

The 4X speed isn't linked to the auto. It is linked to the animations. Whether or not you auto, you can now choose (well, soon anyway) to speed up the animations by up to 4X...
  • I'm really looking forward to this update, especially the increased rewards and the Teebo fix, great job :)
    There is one thing though that I find a bit annoying (and somehow didn't find among the other posted issues), I'm very often not able to read the complete description of abilities or rewards for certain events because the scrolling mechanism seems to be bugged...Or am I the only one facing this issue?^^
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    warmonkey wrote: »
    IAnd what if you don't want to sim battles with auto 4x speed and play them manually. Why wasn't base speed of animations increased? In ship battles when I use a capital ship power I hit auto to speed up the animation then put it back to manual so I can pick my next attack when animation is over. I didn't pay $5k for ships so I have to play them manually most of the time to win.

The 4X speed isn't linked to the auto. It is linked to the animations. Whether or not you auto, you can now choose (well, soon anyway) to speed up the animations by up to 4X...

Maybe, I can finally have the patience to battle Windu teams in ship arena.
  • Shard re arrangements. Every 3 months you should rotate to a different (but similarly leveled) shard. I'm tired of fighting the same 10 to 15 guys every day.

This would be nice, but I have a feeling the people in the other shards will all be using the same teams anyway.
  • So, do we already know WHEN is it going to be implemented?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »
    So, do we already know WHEN is it going to be implemented?

From the bottom of the post.
    "We're aiming to have this Quality of Life update release next week! We'll post again with the exact day once it has officially been locked in."
  • LeviAthan wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this update, especially the increased rewards and the Teebo fix, great job :)
    There is one thing though that I find a bit annoying (and somehow didn't find among the other posted issues), I'm very often not able to read the complete description of abilities or rewards for certain events because the scrolling mechanism seems to be bugged...Or am I the only one facing this issue?^^

It happens to me too!! That's annoying, I agree.
    I'm on Android: when the issue occurs, rewards appear as grayed out/faded/disabled, and scrolling doesn't work.
    Anyone spotted this on iOS?
  • LeviAthan wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this update, especially the increased rewards and the Teebo fix, great job :)

It happens to me too!! That's annoying, I agree.
    I'm on Android: when the issue occurs, rewards appear as grayed out/faded/disabled, and scrolling doesn't work.
    Anyone spotted this on iOS?

Same on iOS
  • +1 for the updates. Nice job. Wish you would have used the word 'shall' instead of 'will' in the descriptions though. ;)
  • A lot of people complaining about mods not being easier to move and being difficult to find them first off. How is that possible? There is a mods tab that will show all the mods you have on every character. You should know where you have your best mods first off. Second, you should be moving mods based on sets if you've properly farmed mods. In that case, you'll simply look for specific characters that have the sets you want to move and pull off the best ones. If that's not the case, then you probably haven't farmed enough mods. Furthermore, unless you're in a guild that struggles to beat the heroic AAT, why bother moving mods around? Just to beat out your guild mates scores to get a higher currency reward? If so, that's just dumb. They don't need to change anything with mods unless its balancing speed stat out.
  • One thing I would like to see is bronziums not being at the far right of the store.
  • Jedi and Sith need blaster reflection
  • MorbiusMD wrote: »
    One thing I would like to see is bronziums not being at the far right of the store.

I would also like the milk to not be at the back of the grocery store. Both are set up that way on purpose...and for the same reason.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Cm3Po wrote: »
    A lot of people complaining about mods not being easier to move and being difficult to find them first off. How is that possible? There is a mods tab that will show all the mods you have on every character. You should know where you have your best mods first off. Second, you should be moving mods based on sets if you've properly farmed mods. In that case, you'll simply look for specific characters that have the sets you want to move and pull off the best ones. If that's not the case, then you probably haven't farmed enough mods. Furthermore, unless you're in a guild that struggles to beat the heroic AAT, why bother moving mods around? Just to beat out your guild mates scores to get a higher currency reward? If so, that's just dumb. They don't need to change anything with mods unless its balancing speed stat out.

Once you mention moving sets you lose all credibility. First off wouldn't a button that says "remove set" be a qol you want? Second, are you saying a set of slow crit damage mods is better than a mixmatch of mods that all have plus ten speed? Sets are nice a cute but without speed you are not a competitive player.
  • s0uleman
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Cm3Po wrote: »
    A lot of people complaining about mods not being easier to move and being difficult to find them first off. How is that possible? There is a mods tab that will show all the mods you have on every character. You should know where you have your best mods first off. Second, you should be moving mods based on sets if you've properly farmed mods. In that case, you'll simply look for specific characters that have the sets you want to move and pull off the best ones. If that's not the case, then you probably haven't farmed enough mods. Furthermore, unless you're in a guild that struggles to beat the heroic AAT, why bother moving mods around? Just to beat out your guild mates scores to get a higher currency reward? If so, that's just dumb. They don't need to change anything with mods unless its balancing speed stat out.

Once you mention moving sets you lose all credibility. First off wouldn't a button that says "remove set" be a qol you want? Second, are you saying a set of slow crit damage mods is better than a mixmatch of mods that all have plus ten speed? Sets are nice a cute but without speed you are not a competitive player.

By sets, he means the 6 mods currently on the character. Not crit damage mods or health mods or whatever. So he didn't lose any credibility. Sure, a "remove set" button might be nice, but all the people saying that the update is useless and a waste are who he was speaking to. I never move mods unless I absolutely have to for an event. Otherwise, they stay where they are unless I obtain a better when, then chose which character it goes on. So the squad selection is HUGE for me. Clicking select squad then picking the squad is a lot faster then scrolling thru the list and finding the 5 correct characters that are spread out someplace in that list.

This is one of the absolute BEST updates since the game came out. And instead of people being happy, half the posts are whining about faster battles causing issues and that mods are not easier to move. Just shows how ungrateful people are in this day. All these entitlement statements. Everyone should be saying thank you. EA didn't have to do any of this and people would still play the game. This is just a bonus which is better then the last dozen characters being released.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    The only characters that ever have mods are my arena team. Too much hassle to take them off to give to other characters for a raid, and then put them on my 4+ other teams (5 teams for reg. AAT, and about 6 or 7 for T7 Rancor). I can't remember which mod goes to what character either, and different characters require different stats to be used properly so no mod set has a 1 size fits all.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Jedi and Sith need blaster reflection

No.

• Yogi wrote: »
    Jedi and Sith need blaster reflection

No.

Yes.
  • Is this update already working? I haven't seen on mine
  • There is no logical reason not to have blaster reflection.
  • how many stealth updates / nerf we can expect?
  • five2zero wrote: »
    how many stealth updates / nerf we can expect?

Eleventy
This discussion has been closed.