Does Darth Nihilus work under Vader (zeta) leadership?

I was wondering if anyone had attempted yet. I'll definitelly gearing Nihilus up to G10/11 as soo as I can. I did a test drive at G8 and, as expected, it didn't worked lol.

Also, does his unique zeta is a must-have? I wonder how beneficial it would be. Toughts?
My favorite characters Empire - Sith

Replies

• So his unique pairs quite nicely with zader, as it's just that many more dots flying around. In terms of overall, I'm not sure yet, as I haven't tried him yet, but I can imagine all the dots everywhere do great to reduce his annihilate cooldown. Is his unique zeta a must-have? No. It does nicely if you're using him in combination with an Assassin-Savage combo, where he can help do a 1 shot on someone, but it's not something to write home about.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    I'd think so. You can build the team for the long haul and add toons like GK, Chaze, or Zariss that drag the game out and allows you to make use of annhilate and culling blade.
  • Mcmole wrote: »
    So his unique pairs quite nicely with zader, as it's just that many more dots flying around. In terms of overall, I'm not sure yet, as I haven't tried him yet, but I can imagine all the dots everywhere do great to reduce his annihilate cooldown. Is his unique zeta a must-have? No. It does nicely if you're using him in combination with an Assassin-Savage combo, where he can help do a 1 shot on someone, but it's not something to write home about.

Close to my initial toughts too! Great that the zeta is not a must-have, I'm with one ready but not sure to whom I'd slot in.

I'm running Vader(Z) leader, Palpatine, TFP, GK and Boba Fett. I'm willing to teplace Boba with DN since he has an effective ability block, dispell and insta-kill such as Boba on my lineup, but as Sith, he will also get the bonuses from Vader.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    I'd think so. You can build the team for the long haul and add toons like GK, Chaze, or Zariss that drag the game out and allows you to make use of annhilate and culling blade.

Interesting combo with Barris zeta! Barris will make the team strong for sure. Don't have Chaze, so I may try soon Vader(Z, L), TFP, GK, DN and Barris(Z). Seems to be quite good!
  • Although nihlus lead says that no healing affects work, I've been very curious about zarriss and nihlus lead. I saw palps heal work, so idk how truthful the lead is
  • Mazurka wrote: »
    Although nihlus lead says that no healing affects work, I've been very curious about zarriss and nihlus lead. I saw palps heal work, so idk how truthful the lead is

Palp heal do not work under Nih lead..
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Mazurka wrote: »
    Although nihlus lead says that no healing affects work, I've been very curious about zarriss and nihlus lead. I saw palps heal work, so idk how truthful the lead is

Barriss' zeta healing ability does not work for Sith under a Nihilus lead, as they can only regain health from a health steal. A player in my guild confirmed this when asked.
  • Apostilo wrote: »

His heal actually does work under nihilus

• Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Apostilo wrote: »

Not tested but, since Palpatine can cause damage, that damage gives him 150% health. Isn't it that is happening? I'll test it uot soon, as I reached G10/G11 siths enough to play in arena.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Apostilo wrote: »

Not tested but, since Palpatine can cause damage, that damage gives him 150% health. Isn't it that is happening? I'll test it uot soon, as I reached G10/G11 siths enough to play in arena.

That's exactly what happens. The heal itself doesn't work but since he can cause damage to rebels/jedi/shocked opponents and cause damage to everyone in the battle, he still heals. But that's from the damage being caused, not the heal itself. Barriss is a regular heal, it wouldn't work
  • SirLoki
    73 posts Member
    Here's a few videos with zihilus under zader lead

https://youtu.be/EwBR9yo6tpw

https://youtu.be/4E5Vjm6qlYQ

• I was thinking about trying Zader, DN, DT, DK and TFP/Sid. Two cool down increases plus stagger for extra TM reduction. Annihilate, culling blade and death mark provide huge burst damage. I'd have to gear up Krennic and get a zeta for DT to even try it so it's just theory right now. Anyone running anything like this?
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I was thinking about trying Zader, DN, DT, DK and TFP/Sid. Two cool down increases plus stagger for extra TM reduction. Annihilate, culling blade and death mark provide huge burst damage. I'd have to gear up Krennic and get a zeta for DT to even try it so it's just theory right now. Anyone running anything like this?

I don't think that the Deathmark would result in any higher damage than any other debuff. I believe the mechanic is that Culling Blade clears the buffs, then applies damage. But yeah, any debuff is a good debuff.
  • I meant the ability to use deathmark, the ability to use culling blade, and the ability to use annihilate each independent of each other will allow the squad to have to have high burst damage.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    SirLoki wrote: »

Nice videos! Out of curiosity, do you have any comp like this in your shard to try out?

Rex, Kenobi, Barris (zeta), Chirrut, Baze

Maul(zeta), Palpatine, Darth Nihilus, Chirrut, Baze

These are comps that are resonably tought to defeat, and I wonder if Nihilus makes them somewhat easier.

Thanks!
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    I was thinking about trying Zader, DN, DT, DK and TFP/Sid. Two cool down increases plus stagger for extra TM reduction. Annihilate, culling blade and death mark provide huge burst damage. I'd have to gear up Krennic and get a zeta for DT to even try it so it's just theory right now. Anyone running anything like this?

That was my initial tought, but with Boba instead of DT and Kenobi instead of Krenic. Three hit-kill with high damage to take advantage of and that will benefit from the Vader permanent DoT.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    SirLoki wrote: »

Interesting vid but I don't think it's feasible for most Zader teams to be able to go before at least EP on a Zaul team. I'm interested in seeing a Zader Zihilous team go second and still clean up shop.