Zeta question

Prev1
I will acquire my first zeta character in few days. By what I saw, Zaul is better than Zader on Squad arena, but my Maul is 4.2K while my Vader is 8.1K. So, considering this, should I spend my zetas on zader or it is a waste. (Please forget the Rancor on this analysis).

If Zader is the choosen one, wich of them would make the best squad composition:
Vader 8.1K
Palpatine 8.6K
TFP 7K
Boba 8.9K
Shore 7.6K
DT 6.4K
RG 8.3K
DN 5.7 K until there

Replies

• Any support would help a lot ;)
  • I run Zader, Palp, Sidious (not zeta yet), TFP and Shoretrooper (3*). All toons are gear 11 and are modded for speed, potency and critical chance (except Shore). I absolutely love this team but I'm building my Magma Trooper up thanks to a tip from a fellow arena shard mate to replace Sidious. It does quite well in arena keeping me in the top 20 in a very tough November 2015 shard. They are great fun to play with in all aspects of the game. Hope this helps, if you want to look at my roster see https://swgoh.gg/u/obiwansteel/
  • I run Zader, Palp, Sidious (not zeta yet), TFP and Shoretrooper (3*). All toons are gear 11 and are modded for speed, potency and critical chance (except Shore). I absolutely love this team but I'm building my Magma Trooper up thanks to a tip from a fellow arena shard mate to replace Sidious. It does quite well in arena keeping me in the top 20 in a very tough November 2015 shard. They are great fun to play with in all aspects of the game. Hope this helps, if you want to look at my roster see https://swgoh.gg/u/obiwansteel/

I saw right now, helped a lot. Tks bro!
  • I keep hearing that a zader beats a Zaul (especially if TFP goes first).
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • DO NOT zeta vader for arena. I just checked my top 50 and before fix zader was all over the place. Now after there are 4 zaders in top 50. And only two can hit top 5 now. One of them also has zaul so he switches back and forth since he doesn't have a full compliment of sith yet. And the other has insane speed on mods with 271 speed zid.

Everyone, including me, has started using other leaders now. Zader is good for rancor now but they will fix that after they think soloing it for garbage rewards has appeased us fully.
  • Supercat wrote: »
    I keep hearing that a zader beats a Zaul (especially if TFP goes first).

He doesn't. Tfp would have to hit perfect rng and remove TM from all so that your next fastest, (zid or someone) can remove all again. If either fail you lose. Also, you need insane speed to pull this off.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    DO NOT zeta vader for arena. I just checked my top 50 and before fix zader was all over the place. Now after there are 4 zaders in top 50. And only two can hit top 5 now. One of them also has zaul so he switches back and forth since he doesn't have a full compliment of sith yet. And the other has insane speed on mods with 271 speed zid.

Everyone, including me, has started using other leaders now. Zader is good for rancor now but they will fix that after they think soloing it for garbage rewards has appeased us fully.

My Maul is too weak man, and I found he difficult to farm
  • My shard is plenty of Palp leader teams, few zeta mauls, a few zeta qgj and zeta Yoda and a few LandoWiggs + Boba/EP/Shore. Zeta Vader could handle those? (except zaul)
  • Supercat wrote: »

Heavily dependent on RNG with the turn meter reduction. I just started running Zader lead last week and I've had good and bad runs against Zaul teams. Depends on how many toons my TFP removes turn meter on. For the OP, if you're going to go all in on Zaul I would probably go that route. Not knowing where you are in arena now though, Zader could help you out in arena temporarily until you get another Zeta for Maul. That's the route I took as my Maul is way behind.

https://swgoh.gg/u/camaroamf/

Disclaimer: I try to run against teams that my TFP will go first against. More difficult now that I'm closer to top 20.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »

Heavily dependent on RNG with the turn meter reduction. I just started running Zader lead last week and I've had good and bad runs against Zaul teams. Depends on how many toons my TFP removes turn meter on. For the OP, if you're going to go all in on Zaul I would probably go that route. Not knowing where you are in arena now though, Zader could help you out in arena temporarily until you get another Zeta for Maul. That's the route I took as my Maul is way behind.

Disclaimer: I try to run against teams that my TFP will go first against. More difficult now that I'm closer to top 20.

Tks man, one question: what is the right power randomly to put a zeta on Maul, because I saw that yours have 7.9K, but mine is still around 4K
  • My shard is plenty of Palp leader teams, few zeta mauls, a few zeta qgj and zeta Yoda and a few LandoWiggs + Boba/EP/Shore. Zeta Vader could handle those? (except zaul)

Playing zqgj and zoda is challenging and like with most zader battles all you do is cross your fingers and pray TM reduction procs. I do better with palp vs them.

And wiggs/rebels/chaze are problems with their abilities. I rarely even bother with them anymore cause even if I win they annoy me so much with the constant rng battle. Most of the time empire is just proccing biggs TM or baze taunt or whatever so once again pray your ability block/shock/whatever procs
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »

Tks man, one question: what is the right power randomly to put a zeta on Maul, because I saw that yours have 7.9K, but mine is still around 4K

Don't worry about power. It is pretty.much meaningless. Gear level and star level to a lesser extant is what you need to care about. Zaul is squishy but as lead very fast so if you can get him fast enough to compensate for lack of hp and can win in arena like that then put him in whenever. Mine is g10 but not zetaed so too squishy and slow.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    screw zeta's, go rex.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Zader works well for me. I didn't really zeta him for arena I just wanted to have some fun, I ran with Palp lead for so long I wanted a change. I did expect my rank to plummet but so far it hasn't. I'm not all about trying to get number one spot I just want to have some fun as it is a game after all. The only teams I struggle against are ones with insanely fast Boba Fetts but they would have done the same thing to my Palp team as they do my Zader. It's all about what you want out of the characters you farm. If all you aim for is number one spot then Zader probably isn't for you.
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

Don't worry about power. It is pretty.much meaningless. Gear level and star level to a lesser extant is what you need to care about. Zaul is squishy but as lead very fast so if you can get him fast enough to compensate for lack of hp and can win in arena like that then put him in whenever. Mine is g10 but not zetaed so too squishy and slow.

I had no idea about that, so I think that I will put my zeta on Maul
  • Tks all of you guys by the tips! I will try to hurry up my farming process :)
  • Zader works well for me. I didn't really zeta him for arena I just wanted to have some fun, I ran with Palp lead for so long I wanted a change. I did expect my rank to plummet but so far it hasn't. I'm not all about trying to get number one spot I just want to have some fun as it is a game after all. The only teams I struggle against are ones with insanely fast Boba Fetts but they would have done the same thing to my Palp team as they do my Zader. It's all about what you want out of the characters you farm. If all you aim for is number one spot then Zader probably isn't for you.

This is great advice and I actually have changed from trying to compete to just doing whatever and not caring about getting crystals or ranks or farming or gearing which explains why I am having fun trying to see how far my zavage lead (I accidently omegaed his leader which is when I hit the "I don't care anymore wall") is gonna fall today. I left him as lead at rank 9 yesterday and last I looked he is #27 which is so much better than I expected, although it's still early. :smiley:
  • Btw how excited are you for a new showrunner for Doctor Who? I stopped watching two seasons ago after being a Whovian since the 80's and never missing one episode. :neutral:

I am looking forward to that greatly.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    screw zeta's, go rex.

A fast Rex at that.

• Yogi wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    screw zeta's, go rex.

A fast Rex at that.

I actually might do with this advice too. He is not fun for a zader to fight which is why you've seen him make a comeback lately.
    Btw how excited are you for a new showrunner for Doctor Who? I stopped watching two seasons ago after being a Whovian since the 80's and never missing one episode. :neutral:

I am looking forward to that greatly.

Man, I'm not a big fan of Capaldi, but by what I saw on season 9, this season 10, if well written will be outrageosly good. My favorite doctors are the 4th, the 10th and the 11th. Good to see a Whovian!!
  • @warmonkey I assume you have loaded your reply with a healthy amount of sarcasm. I was only trying to help as nobody had replied to OP. As a mostly FTP player I am miles behind you in terms of depth of roster so I think I will be better leaving such advice to guys like you in future and I'll stick to just reading the forums from now on. ;)
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    @warmonkey I assume you have loaded your reply with a healthy amount of sarcasm. I was only trying to help as nobody had replied to OP. As a mostly FTP player I am miles behind you in terms of depth of roster so I think I will be better leaving such advice to guys like you in future and I'll stick to just reading the forums from now on. ;)

@ObiWanSteel I was confused by this so had to reread what I said. 100% zero sarcasm in there. I guess my hitting the wall comment was kinda snarky, but it's true. Some games I play for fun but most I play to be competitive. Can't be competitve here anymore (I mean like top 3 daily) so I changed to play for fun philosophy.

And zader can be fun in GW (sometimes I see if I can do it without taking any damage) and both raids so if you can stay were you are happy then heck ya you will get good mileage out of using him.

Edit: also that was a good comment you left and was helpful. Forum needs more like you so please post more
  • Also be warned. No idea if it's in bug section but after they "fixed" zader he is broken in rancor now. He is removing too much TM too often and can solo easy on auto. So assume that will be fixed
  • @warmonkey Sorry about that mate, my fault for misreading your post. Superb roster by the way, something I can only aspire to but we are farming Kenobi in our guild now so things are looking up. I apologise for jumping to the wrong conclusion. I've tried to solo the rancor with Zader but I must be doing something wrong. A couple of my guildmates with inferior teams are doing it on auto so maybe I should try that. I only want to do it once just for that sense of achievement, I've had Han for quite a while so the HAAT is my main focus now. I can't crack the top five on my shard but I've been in top ten a few times which is a bonus. Despite my gamertag I've always had a penchant for the dark side so I swore Vader would be my first zeta no matter what and I do have some great fun with him so have zero regrets. Frankly I'm astonished it works as well as it does in arena. If they nerf him so be it I will always have the memory of how good it felt to finally slap that zeta on him. I'm going for Zidious next while I'm farming Maul from the guild store.

Again, sorry for my confusion and thanks for your kind comments.
  • And Tom Baker will always be Dr Who for me - talk about showing my age!! I did love Matt Smith though, I really didn't think he was going to work to begin with but he really proved me wrong.
  • And Tom Baker will always be Dr Who for me - talk about showing my age!! I did love Matt Smith though, I really didn't think he was going to work to begin with but he really proved me wrong.

Dont wanna derail the thread, onky wanted to jump on the bandwagon on this. Smith was way better than expected, but my fav is by far Tennant.

Good luck on the new zeta toon OP. Im still torn between Vader and Maul myself, and now Kylo really intrigues me. So im still holding till I get 40 and then I figure ill have no regrets lol

Me too! On the first episode with Matt I was very sad because Tennant was my favorite, but he proved to be good. Tom Baker is a legend. He was on the 50th years special episode as the Curator, loved it.

Dont wanna derail the thread, onky wanted to jump on the bandwagon on this. Smith was way better than expected, but my fav is by far Tennant.

Good luck on the new zeta toon OP. Im still torn between Vader and Maul myself, and now Kylo really intrigues me. So im still holding till I get 40 and then I figure ill have no regrets lol

Tks! Tennant is mine number 1 too lol, but Matt Smith and Baker are also really great.
  • Already gearing Maul and he went from 4.2 K to 5K, I think that he will become usable until I get the Zeta, my mainly focus now is indeed arena. Thank you all for the help!